3.90 star(s) 13 Votes

Jeheh

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
I've just been messing around a bit with signatures.
And since there don't seem to be any for Hacker's Restart yet...
View attachment 684437 View attachment 684438
OH MY GOD! I've been trying to make a proper signature since the game released, and ended up scrapping every single one of them because I thought they didn't look good. These are absolutely gorgeous! I'm adding them to the main page of the game when the next update releases. Thank you so much for this :)

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
On the menu screen the Quit goes a bit outside the bounds.

The few typos I caught.

escape from it's consequences : its

that's the most imortant : important

if you want it faster : If

end up embarassing myself : embarrassing

(A lot of the images have a bunch of noise to them, so you might want to use a denoiser, or give it a little longer time.)

(Moans and the like being quick one offs feels a bit weird.)

(Sex scenes are decent.)

(It is very weird the MC doesn't tell Celine about the thing that happened at Leah's school, especially after cops show up, and her saying the keys were at the bottom of her bag.)

(MC doesn't know a Ms. Thorne from the card he gets, until a random lady mentions the name herself?, MC seems pretty dense. However both Celine and MC are pretty dense by going hiding under their real names, or that MC had contact with the people in depth of who he gave money to. That he stole from a Mafia family, that he moves to a house directly in their territory. So much of the story feels a bit hacked up and shoved together. MC themselves says they left no trace of where they were from online so no way to be found out, then why run away?)

Decent game so far.

Reactions: Jeheh

Jeheh

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
On the menu screen the Quit goes a bit outside the bounds.

The few typos I caught.

escape from it's consequences : its

that's the most imortant : important

if you want it faster : If

end up embarassing myself : embarrassing

(A lot of the images have a bunch of noise to them, so you might want to use a denoiser, or give it a little longer time.)

(Moans and the like being quick one offs feels a bit weird.)

(Sex scenes are decent.)

(It is very weird the MC doesn't tell Celine about the thing that happened at Leah's school, especially after cops show up, and her saying the keys were at the bottom of her bag.)

(MC doesn't know a Ms. Thorne from the card he gets, until a random lady mentions the name herself?, MC seems pretty dense. However both Celine and MC are pretty dense by going hiding under their real names, or that MC had contact with the people in depth of who he gave money to. That he stole from a Mafia family, that he moves to a house directly in their territory. So much of the story feels a bit hacked up and shoved together. MC themselves says they left no trace of where they were from online so no way to be found out, then why run away?)

Decent game so far.
Thanks man, I just fixed the game menu overlay and the typos. For the renders with noise to them:
I should probably get around to fixing the weird audio effects as well.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Thanks man, I just fixed the game menu overlay and the typos. For the renders with noise to them:
I should probably get around to fixing the weird audio effects as well.
My opinion is just to make a single update called like 0.3.5 which is your remake.

Stretching it over time makes people see the noise versions and like me they will probably mention it here, or say bad things, etc. So from a marketing stand point you always want to look your best to potential patreons. You are very early in your game and since you didn't say you were going to massively edit your game, it makes sense to bang it out as quick as possible.

During this time of re-rendering you can storyboard, write new portions to your story, code, basically set yourself up to only have to do the renders for .4.

If you need any tips or feedback on your renders or techniques you can always pop over here.
https://f95zone.to/threads/daz3d-art-show-us-your-dazskill.4764/

Jeheh

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
My opinion is just to make a single update called like 0.3.5 which is your remake.

Stretching it over time makes people see the noise versions and like me they will probably mention it here, or say bad things, etc. So from a marketing stand point you always want to look your best to potential patreons. You are very early in your game and since you didn't say you were going to massively edit your game, it makes sense to bang it out as quick as possible.

During this time of re-rendering you can storyboard, write new portions to your story, code, basically set yourself up to only have to do the renders for .4.

If you need any tips or feedback on your renders or techniques you can always pop over here.
https://f95zone.to/threads/daz3d-art-show-us-your-dazskill.4764/
This is exactly how I envisioned doing the visual remake, it just makes more sense than stretching it over 3 - 4 updates. But unfortunately, I don't think doing it all at once is possible with my current circumstances :/ Thanks for linking the thread though, will definitely use that in the future :)

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
had very strong deja vus when played this thru but can't remember when and where I have played this before.

Mario4don

Your Mother's Lover
Donor
Dec 16, 2018
This error I have from first or second release , this file is missing every time and I have to add an audio file with that name myself, maybe it's time for dev to fix it :unsure:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 389, in script
    "Ring ring"
IOError: Couldn't find file 'audio/Phone-Ringing_01.wav'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    "Ring ring"
  File "D:\PRYWATNE\!!!moje\Hacker's Restart\Hackers-Restart-v0.4-pc\Hacker's-Restart-v0.4-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 708, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\PRYWATNE\!!!moje\Hacker's Restart\Hackers-Restart-v0.4-pc\Hacker's-Restart-v0.4-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1345, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\PRYWATNE\!!!moje\Hacker's Restart\Hackers-Restart-v0.4-pc\Hacker's-Restart-v0.4-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1142, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
  File "D:\PRYWATNE\!!!moje\Hacker's Restart\Hackers-Restart-v0.4-pc\Hacker's-Restart-v0.4-pc\renpy\character.py", line 842, in do_display
    **display_args)
  File "D:\PRYWATNE\!!!moje\Hacker's Restart\Hackers-Restart-v0.4-pc\Hacker's-Restart-v0.4-pc\renpy\character.py", line 591, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "D:\PRYWATNE\!!!moje\Hacker's Restart\Hackers-Restart-v0.4-pc\Hacker's-Restart-v0.4-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "D:\PRYWATNE\!!!moje\Hacker's Restart\Hackers-Restart-v0.4-pc\Hacker's-Restart-v0.4-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "D:\PRYWATNE\!!!moje\Hacker's Restart\Hackers-Restart-v0.4-pc\Hacker's-Restart-v0.4-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3130, in interact_core
    renpy.audio.audio.interact()
  File "D:\PRYWATNE\!!!moje\Hacker's Restart\Hackers-Restart-v0.4-pc\Hacker's-Restart-v0.4-pc\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 1107, in interact
    periodic()
  File "D:\PRYWATNE\!!!moje\Hacker's Restart\Hackers-Restart-v0.4-pc\Hacker's-Restart-v0.4-pc\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 1060, in periodic
    six.reraise(exc[0], exc[1], exc[2])
  File "D:\PRYWATNE\!!!moje\Hacker's Restart\Hackers-Restart-v0.4-pc\Hacker's-Restart-v0.4-pc\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 1038, in periodic_thread_main
    periodic_pass()
  File "D:\PRYWATNE\!!!moje\Hacker's Restart\Hackers-Restart-v0.4-pc\Hacker's-Restart-v0.4-pc\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 979, in periodic_pass
    c.periodic()
  File "D:\PRYWATNE\!!!moje\Hacker's Restart\Hackers-Restart-v0.4-pc\Hacker's-Restart-v0.4-pc\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 457, in periodic
    topf = load(self.file_prefix + filename + self.file_suffix)
  File "D:\PRYWATNE\!!!moje\Hacker's Restart\Hackers-Restart-v0.4-pc\Hacker's-Restart-v0.4-pc\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 73, in load
    rv = renpy.loader.load(fn)
  File "D:\PRYWATNE\!!!moje\Hacker's Restart\Hackers-Restart-v0.4-pc\Hacker's-Restart-v0.4-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Hacker's-Restart v0.4
Sat Jun 27 00:22:09 2020

Mario4don

Your Mother's Lover
Donor
Dec 16, 2018
This error I have from first or second release , this file is missing every time and I have to add an audio file with that name myself, maybe it's time for dev to fix it :unsure:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    "Ring ring"

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    "Ring ring"
  File "D:\PRYWATNE\!!!moje\Hacker's Restart\Hackers-Restart-v0.4-pc\Hacker's-Restart-v0.4-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 708, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\PRYWATNE\!!!moje\Hacker's Restart\Hackers-Restart-v0.4-pc\Hacker's-Restart-v0.4-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1345, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\PRYWATNE\!!!moje\Hacker's Restart\Hackers-Restart-v0.4-pc\Hacker's-Restart-v0.4-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1142, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
  File "D:\PRYWATNE\!!!moje\Hacker's Restart\Hackers-Restart-v0.4-pc\Hacker's-Restart-v0.4-pc\renpy\character.py", line 842, in do_display
    **display_args)
  File "D:\PRYWATNE\!!!moje\Hacker's Restart\Hackers-Restart-v0.4-pc\Hacker's-Restart-v0.4-pc\renpy\character.py", line 591, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "D:\PRYWATNE\!!!moje\Hacker's Restart\Hackers-Restart-v0.4-pc\Hacker's-Restart-v0.4-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "D:\PRYWATNE\!!!moje\Hacker's Restart\Hackers-Restart-v0.4-pc\Hacker's-Restart-v0.4-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "D:\PRYWATNE\!!!moje\Hacker's Restart\Hackers-Restart-v0.4-pc\Hacker's-Restart-v0.4-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3130, in interact_core
    renpy.audio.audio.interact()
  File "D:\PRYWATNE\!!!moje\Hacker's Restart\Hackers-Restart-v0.4-pc\Hacker's-Restart-v0.4-pc\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 1107, in interact
    periodic()
  File "D:\PRYWATNE\!!!moje\Hacker's Restart\Hackers-Restart-v0.4-pc\Hacker's-Restart-v0.4-pc\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 1060, in periodic
    six.reraise(exc[0], exc[1], exc[2])
  File "D:\PRYWATNE\!!!moje\Hacker's Restart\Hackers-Restart-v0.4-pc\Hacker's-Restart-v0.4-pc\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 1038, in periodic_thread_main
    periodic_pass()
  File "D:\PRYWATNE\!!!moje\Hacker's Restart\Hackers-Restart-v0.4-pc\Hacker's-Restart-v0.4-pc\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 979, in periodic_pass
    c.periodic()
  File "D:\PRYWATNE\!!!moje\Hacker's Restart\Hackers-Restart-v0.4-pc\Hacker's-Restart-v0.4-pc\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 457, in periodic
    topf = load(self.file_prefix + filename + self.file_suffix)
  File "D:\PRYWATNE\!!!moje\Hacker's Restart\Hackers-Restart-v0.4-pc\Hacker's-Restart-v0.4-pc\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 73, in load
    rv = renpy.loader.load(fn)
  File "D:\PRYWATNE\!!!moje\Hacker's Restart\Hackers-Restart-v0.4-pc\Hacker's-Restart-v0.4-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Hacker's-Restart v0.4
Sat Jun 27 00:22:09 2020
Now I see that dev added this audio files but not in format wav but mp3, so that's why the game have errors and this is not only error because of wrong format audio files.

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
idk if it's only me, but I just got to the new house and I already hate the MC, he's kind of a worrywart and clueless. I find him really annoying. Does this get better?
Did the story and characters get better, kuz I rather not waste my time on an MC that I will hate? He doesn't have to be the most charismatic stand up guy, but at least grow a spine ...

FreshRevenge

Oct 17, 2019
I think this game would benefit if you were allowed to set up the relationships in the game. Basically like in other games where Landlady could be called mother, sister or aunt. I totally understand why people use Patreon but they do have restrictions against incest. You should look into SubscribeStar.

May 20, 2020
So... inquiring mind wanting to know... did they go to college or not? After meeting Ethan there's a point within 5 lines saying the 2 knew him by sharing a class in college, followed by saying they have never gone to college.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
So... inquiring mind wanting to know... did they go to college or not? After meeting Ethan there's a point within 5 lines saying the 2 knew him by sharing a class in college, followed by saying they have never gone to college.
I only remember Leah saying she was in a class with Ethan... :unsure:

The game explains that MC and Celine knew him from online as one of their hacking buddies. I don't recall how they introduced him to Leah though.

Jeheh

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Thanks to everyone for the bug reports, I was converting the audio files and seems like I did some oopsies, the bugfix version will arrive in about 10 - 20 hours as I want to give more time for more bugs to be found and fixed. :)

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes