3.90 star(s) 13 Votes

Jeheh

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Why does every time the MC or Celine suspect something fishy or have obvious clues to said fishyness they both brush it off, especially since they're on the run? Cool concept of story but that's very frustrating
Yeah, I realize that I wrote MC and Celine to be a bit too dumb, especially at the earlier updates. I will probably do a minor rework to how the characters react to certain things along with the incest patch that people've been asking for after the release of the v0.9 update.

Jeheh

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
===Since not everyone follows my patreon, I'll also post this here.===

Hello everyone, I'm going to cut to the chase and straight up say that the development of the final two updates of Hacker's Restart (v0.8 and v0.9) has taken unreasonably long, and I deeply apologise for that. I'm not going to get too deep into my personal matters, but moving to the other side of the world and starting college weren't as smooth-going as I imagined it being.

I think that it would be very unfair for you guys to keep waiting for an update that really should not have taken this long to release, especially because the delay was because of my personal matters. This is also the reason I decided to pause the September 2021 billing cycle a month back. As I don't want to keep my supporters waiting for an unreasonably long time for an update, I will be deactivating my patreon accont starting next week.

I plan on releasing the full version of Hacker's Restart on Steam only for a very small price (I'm currently thinking 1.49-2.49$). Apart from your name on the credits of the game (for patrons), I also wanted to show my appreciation my patreon supporters by giving every single patron (and game tester) a free Steam code for the game when it releases.

I'd also like to mention that I got into this hobby to share my creative side with the world, so if you don't want to pay for / can't afford the full release of the game on Steam, just shoot me a PM on discord or F95, I'll be more than happy to share the game with you.

As a final note, I want to say my thanks to everybody who supported me (either by pledging or by just following the development of the game). I'm not planning on quitting game development completely in this genre after Hacker's Restart is done, but I will take some time to make sure I have mastered (to the best of my abilities) the rendering and the writing side of things so that so that I won't under-deliver when I do release my next title. Thank you...

Nov 9, 2020

Hello everyone, I'm going to cut to the chase and straight up say that the development of the final two updates of Hacker's Restart (v0.8 and v0.9) has taken unreasonably long, and I deeply apologise for that. I'm not going to get too deep into my personal matters, but moving to the other side of the world and starting college weren't as smooth-going as I imagined it being.

I think that it would be very unfair for you guys to keep waiting for an update that really should not have taken this long to release, especially because the delay was because of my personal matters. This is also the reason I decided to pause the September 2021 billing cycle a month back. As I don't want to keep my supporters waiting for an unreasonably long time for an update, I will be deactivating my patreon accont starting next week.

I plan on releasing the full version of Hacker's Restart on Steam only for a very small price (I'm currently thinking 1.49-2.49$). Apart from your name on the credits of the game (for patrons), I also wanted to show my appreciation my patreon supporters by giving every single patron (and game tester) a free Steam code for the game when it releases.

I'd also like to mention that I got into this hobby to share my creative side with the world, so if you don't want to pay for / can't afford the full release of the game on Steam, just shoot me a PM on discord or F95, I'll be more than happy to share the game with you.

As a final note, I want to say my thanks to everybody who supported me (either by pledging or by just following the development of the game). I'm not planning on quitting game development completely in this genre after Hacker's Restart is done, but I will take some time to make sure I have mastered (to the best of my abilities) the rendering and the writing side of things so that so that I won't under-deliver when I do release my next title. Thank you...
hope nothing but the best for you sir

• Red Heart
Reactions: fugazi666 and Jeheh

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018

Any news on a the final 0.9 update? Or is this game dead (no patreon anymore)?

Reactions: Jeheh

JapanFreak

Sep 15, 2019
I'm still working on it, going to upscale every image and re-do some old ones, add more music and level the audio so its not inconsistent, and lastly going to make a better UI. After that, it should be ready for the final release :)
Glad to hear it hope you resolved your irl issues

Reactions: Jeheh

Jeheh

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Hey all, I've been quiet about the development of the game for a while, and so I've been receiving DMs asking whether the project is cancelled or not. I wanted to share what's been happening with the last update of Hacker's Restart.

I want to start off by saying that this last update has three branches (a leah path, a celine path, and a polyamorous path), so the content that I had to prepare was three times as much as normal updates. With that being said though, I'm done with the whole dialogue of the update. As for the renders, I'm done with half of them for the new content. There are some extra things that I wanted the game to have before its final release (I'm planning to deliver these in the next update, but I might make a "polishing update" after the game's been released).

These are the things you can expect for the v0.9 update:
  • 3 Seperate Endings: dialogue (COMPLETE!)
  • 3 Seperate Endings: renders & animations (90% COMPLETE!)
  • Audio Leveling (COMPLETE!)
  • Re-writing some old scenes (around 10 scenes) (COMPLETE!)
  • More Music & Ambient Sounds (Almost Triple the current amount)
  • AI Upscaling to 2k (from the current 720p) - This also gets rid of the noise in most renders
  • New/Improved UI (CANCELED)
  • Censorship of the sexual content for the Steam release (F95zone version will remain fully uncensored)
  • Playtesting & Bugfixing (Join my discord server for the playtester's version)
  • Extra: Re-rendering some old scenes (around 30 scenes)
  • Extra: Possibly 4 different language options for the Steam version (English, Russian, Italian, Turkish)
As a current industrial engineering student at an -ahem- decent university, my schedule is always full. But I assure you that I'm spending most of my free time on finishing Hacker's Restart and improving it's overall quality. Thank you for your patience and sticking with me through these busy times! Can't wait to release the final product with all of you.

Last edited:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
its not, i have faith in this developer. Anyway he just wrote a message on f95 like 3 months ago, isn't this site supposed to consider games abandoned after 6 months of inactivity?
that depends on few things but usually yes. months w/o updates or other news means abandoned until/if there's new update.

Jeheh

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
(Finally) responding to the abandoned tag, my bad for keeping quiet for too long. I'm fine with the tag being there for now, since my graphics card got absolutely fried a couple of weeks back.

I only have about 60 renders and 3 animations to do before the game is ready to have its final update. The issue is that I need to wait til I can go back to my home country to get a replacement (I have a warranty with the turkish PC company). So in the meantime, I appreciate you guys' patience and understanding.

(lowkey though, it's been very tough not being able to play video games / work on this project while doing all my schoolwork from my phone :// )

Edit: I just gave my PC to service and they gave me an ETA of one month.

Edit 2: Appearently the issue was with my motherboard and it costs more than half of the entire laptop to fix (oof). I'm unsure of what to do at this point. I'll look into getting a new laptop, but I don't know if I have the budget for that right now :/

Last edited:

Jeheh

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Exciting news everyone!
Hacker's Restart is (finally) available on Steam in it's finished state!

Link:

All previous patrons can reach out to me via discord DMs to get their free keys when the game is out.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1676441438855.png
The update is mainly the ending of the game
that you get from all of your choices leading up to that point.
This means that there will be no story-affecting choices,
so have fun with it!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
1676441595569.png

• Red Heart
Reactions: Mikedazz1 and Jeheh

Jeheh

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
View attachment 2392110
The update is mainly the ending of the game you get from all of your choices leading up to that point. This means that there will be no story-affecting choices, so have fun with it!
There will be two sex scenes per route, totaling six sex scenes (say that ten times fast!)
like the case with the sex scenes, the player will only be able to play a single ending for each playthrough.
Also created some steam achievements for each girl and route, so completionists can have some fun trying to figure out how to get each ending.

Nov 23, 2017
Exciting news everyone!
Hacker's Restart is (finally) available on Steam in it's finished state!

Link:

All previous patrons can reach out to me via discord DMs to get their free keys when the game is out.
Was going to grab it if it's just as cheap as you had previously said, but it just says planned release right now and doesn't appear to actually be available.

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes