Hans_

Aug 13, 2017
Minor detail:
The volume button needs some work, at 100% it sounds like it's at 150% with lots of distortion and at 0,5 (50%) there is barely any sound at all. 0,8, the default setting sounds to be 100%.

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
Man, was a good update, a little sad that too much was put in the sessions and not in the history, could be a lot better more history and as a "bonus" this sessions, but what i really like is the music, it never get boring. Lets see what the next update we will have, also we need more rewards and punishments, Leah and Hazel for example have none, have some scenes, but only that, also without the gallery ( v0.6. ) there is no way to replay them.

hachigames

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2020
Anyone else having issues with the game loading on Android. The unity screen comes up and fades away, Then nothing
This is probably due to the high memory usage of the sessions feature. I'm currently working on a fix that should remove this problem, and for future versions keep memory usage small and constant.
The fix will likely be uploaded today.

Reactions: Nerevar2

hachigames

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2020
I'm at the point where it says I need to talk to hazel about sonya but every time I find hazel there's no new options.
Is that the quest about Sonya's date? You will need to catch them when they are both at the cafe. There you will get the option to "use" Hazel.

hachigames

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2020
There are delay issues in even loading the game on PC in the latest update. Hope you have a fix for that too hachigames :)
Yeah this is also caused by the sessions. All 1000+ pictures of the sessions are loaded into memory at startup, which is bad for obvious reasons. I'm making a fix for this version that will only load the pictures if you actually enter the session.

For the version after that I will also make a dynamic load/unload system that will load content in chunks depending on player progress, so that memory usage and load times will be always be constant and small. The content will be preloaded in the background, so for players there shouldn't be any visible difference (no loading screens in the normal game, except short ones for loading a save state).
For sessions there will also be a short loading screen, but that's somewhat unavoidable. I will look into partial chunk loading to speed that up as well.

Reactions: Nerevar2

Davewatch

Jan 7, 2020
Hi
I personally do not know of any game that has such an intricate "session" with so many options so I think it is fun and worth the wait.

• Red Heart
Reactions: hachigames

hachigames

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2020
Hi
I personally do not know of any game that has such an intricate "session" with so many options so I think it is fun and worth the wait.
Thank you. This was probably the most complicated thing I made for this game so far, and a lot of time went into it.

Usually, the games that do these kind of features are hand drawn 2D games, since they can make it look very good by blending partial pictures on top of each other.

I'm doing the same technique, but for a raytraced game like this, the amount of work it would require to make and especially to maintain something like this manually would be simply impossible, even if I had a team of 20 people.

The session in this version uses over 1000 renders.
Loading a scene in DAZ3D takes around 2min-3min if they contain just one of the characters.

All scenes would have to contain the character, no matter if you're rendering the full girl or just a nipple clamp, because the full scene has to always be there to act as shadow catcher and indirect lighting/reflection, or else the partial renders and the final picture would look very bad.
Adding something to the scene would require you to through most scenes and adapt a tiny thing. And the amount of possible errors you could do per scene would just add on top of that.

For that reason I wrote several plugins for DAZ as well as a whole scripting language that can be both understood by the plugins and my unity tools (another reason why I chose Unity over other solutions).
With those tools and plugins, the whole thing became manageable by one person.

And this is just the beginning. I have a lot more planned for the sessions :)

Reactions: knowlang

pasek

Jun 15, 2018
Old saves don't work?
Because I can't load mine :(
When I click "load" button nothing happens :(

hachigames

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2020
Old saves don't work?
Because I can't load mine :(
When I click "load" button nothing happens :(
Old saves should work. There was unfortunately a bug in the 0.3.1 (that was fixed a day later in 0.3.2) that would cause some trouble with save files.

In case you are using the android version, there might be a bug that happened when building that one. I'm currently uploading a fix for that, and then it should work again.

hachigames

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2020

mynameisholly

Mar 25, 2018
I honestly started playing this because I wanted some quick sex scenes but now I'm looking forward for the updates to see how the story continues.

It's like being invested in a soap opera...

What is Scarlett's deal? Is Hazel's story Arc concluded? Why is there a Farm I can go to but no story elements relate to it? Why can't the Dicktator set foot on the Island?

• Red Heart
Reactions: hachigames
4.30 star(s) 207 Votes