3.70 star(s) 32 Votes

Sulring Durgul

Sep 2, 2018
Из плюсов:
Красивая картинка. Не супер, но лучше чем у среднего проекта.
На этом все.

Диалоги скучные, не смотря на то что описание к игре сулило большие надежды. Девушки, тут конечно на любителя, но в основном так себе. Сюжетно так же какие-то топтания происходят
This is not a russian language site, dude. You can comment in russian, but please also do it in english. Thank you.

Dodger99

Mar 1, 2018
Just to let you know, you might have problems with using the Hail to The King name. A game developer by the name Almighty Games released a chess based strategy game by that name to Steam at the beginning of 2019. He's live on Twitch almost every day by the name "Almighty Games"

• Angry
Reactions: DanThaMan

SpikeZg

Engaged Member
May 8, 2018
BoooooooooM it's here :D
thank you Zanzibar Interactive (y) :cool:

Download link:

Changelog:
- Chapter 2: King of the Hill
- Image Gallery: Unlock extra images by progressing through the story. If you already played through chapter 1, be sure to replay theclothing shop, pool and bathroom scenes to unlock their corresponding images.
- Added images when defining character relationships.
- Intro remake: Removed bar and pier scenes and replaced them with different images and a lot less text that explains the backstory in a more concise way.
- Removed fishing scene.
- Minor adjustments on text and music/scene transitions.
- Changed the look of the choice boxes.
- Added Change Name and Modify Relationships features in Preferences.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020

Download link:
Mega

Changelog:
- Image Gallery: Unlock extra images by progressing through the story. If you already played through chapter 1, be sure to replay theclothing shop, pool and bathroom scenes to unlock their corresponding images.
- Intro remake: Removed bar and pier scenes and replaced them with different images and a lot less text that explains the backstory in a more concise way.
- Removed fishing scene.
Is there new content or a rework?

GregIsLove

Apr 19, 2020

Download link:
Mega

Changelog:
- Removed fishing scene.
About Time.jpg

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
And... You are losing me with this second update. I was really excited to advance the story and then you decided to instead do a flashback to when the MC was an idiot in college last year.

IF you want to tell a story with no choices from the player just do it, don't give us a handful of worthless little decisions to make and leave all of the larger important ones completely untouchable. The player doesn't get to control anything that the MC does besides flirt with his "friends", I didn't even know that the MC was in a relationship with Kelly when he fucked 4 other women but it doesn't matter because I don't get to make any decisions about that. I'd suggest moving the breakup to before the Brooke and Lola scene so that we have some clue about what is going on in the MC's life and he'd have an outlet for the frustration of the breakup. The player also doesn't get to decide if the MC goes and buys a shit ton of drugs either. Even if I decide not to take the "focus" drug it doesn't matter because the MC goes and buys drugs to help him "focus" which is moronic. It is moronic because he is the most famous person on campus, there is no way he should be so stupid as to buy drugs.

After all of that I decided to fast forward to see if the player ever gets to go back to the current timeline, I guess Mike got in trouble when I wasn't paying attention but since I don't know a thing about him (except that he used the MC's name to get two girls to fuck the MC, even though the MC was in some type of relationship with Kelly, it didn't matter to me what happened to "guy who always wears sunglasses". As soon as we reach the "present day" the update ends which doesn't allow us to know if or when the flashback will have any impact on the current day.

Just feel very disappointed with the story not going anywhere and having no control over the MC. I was excited to see this but now I am frustrated because I really liked the first installment.

Reactions: EZ8lt and Draverik

Zanzibar Interactive

Hail To The King Dev
Game Developer
Mar 31, 2020
And... You are losing me with this second update. I was really excited to advance the story and then you decided to instead do a flashback to when the MC was an idiot in college last year.

IF you want to tell a story with no choices from the player just do it, don't give us a handful of worthless little decisions to make and leave all of the larger important ones completely untouchable. The player doesn't get to control anything that the MC does besides flirt with his "friends", I didn't even know that the MC was in a relationship with Kelly when he fucked 4 other women but it doesn't matter because I don't get to make any decisions about that. I'd suggest moving the breakup to before the Brooke and Lola scene so that we have some clue about what is going on in the MC's life and he'd have an outlet for the frustration of the breakup. The player also doesn't get to decide if the MC goes and buys a shit ton of drugs either. Even if I decide not to take the "focus" drug it doesn't matter because the MC goes and buys drugs to help him "focus" which is moronic. It is moronic because he is the most famous person on campus, there is no way he should be so stupid as to buy drugs.

After all of that I decided to fast forward to see if the player ever gets to go back to the current timeline, I guess Mike got in trouble when I wasn't paying attention but since I don't know a thing about him (except that he used the MC's name to get two girls to fuck the MC, even though the MC was in some type of relationship with Kelly, it didn't matter to me what happened to "guy who always wears sunglasses". As soon as we reach the "present day" the update ends which doesn't allow us to know if or when the flashback will have any impact on the current day.

Just feel very disappointed with the story not going anywhere and having no control over the MC. I was excited to see this but now I am frustrated because I really liked the first installment.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Repuci

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
But why? What's the point of all of that? The MC decides to enact vigilante justice? It is completely out of left field to suddenly hear that someone is dealing drugs on campus and enact a school spirit takedown (fyi there's more than one drug dealer on the average college campus). Everything that happened in this update feels like an entirely different game from what happened in the first part. And the fact that the player has no choices to make through the entire thing makes it more of a story that we are being told than a story we are choosing to play.

All of this college backstory was unnecessary, if you want an antagonist to show up then have him show up, the MC can easily explain who someone is without stalling the game by switching locations, adding in a ton of new characters, and environments. If this was just so you could add in a bunch of sex scenes you really could have waited longer and given us some meaningful sex later or had the MC hire a hooker if you wanted some meaningless sex to happen. Introducing a ton of new characters just for the MC to fuck isn't moving the story forward.

The "locket" is gigantic btw. And who sits by the side of a swimming pool, in their shorts, holding a giant locket and sharp knife?

Zanzibar Interactive

Hail To The King Dev
Game Developer
Mar 31, 2020
I appreciate your review Mr Friendly. I will address all of your points and explain the reason for why I made this chapter.
With that being said, every conversation and scene (not including sex scenes) have a meaning inside the overall story and character development.

3.70 star(s) 32 Votes