F4C430

Dec 4, 2018
I don't understand the falling death thing. Are you guys saying that frame rate issues cause some players to take more damage from falling?
Yes. You would need to read up on game loops to understand how this happens. The "easiest" solution for the dev would be to cap the FPS to 60, but the better solution would be to fix the calculations in the game loop. Based on how crappy the hit detection is in College Brawl, i'm guessing this dev doesn't really have much experience in the backend and i wouldn't hope for much.

Reactions: JoeTermin

Guyin Cognito

Gentleman Pervert
Donor
Feb 23, 2018
Yes. You would need to read up on game loops to understand how this happens. The "easiest" solution for the dev would be to cap the FPS to 60, but the better solution would be to fix the calculations in the game loop. Based on how crappy the hit detection is in College Brawl, i'm guessing this dev doesn't really have much experience in the backend and i wouldn't hope for much.
As someone who kinda/sorta knows how programming works (but is not "fluent"), I have to say, I find this hilarious. Thank you for clarifying. BTW, what a lovely way to "Pfil" a glass!

Reactions: Topmilim

niarrhhh

Mar 13, 2020
played through all levels, and despite the complains here, i'd say it's pretty solid, specially considering that it's a first release
artwork is very good, mechanics are okay (save for a few tweaks on the jump mechanic, in order to not make it so "deadlocked")
the platforming is simple, yet satisfying, the enemies could get a bit of tweaking, specially over how they recoil after taking damage (i.e. zombies and blue skeletons)

for a first release it's surprisingly great, will be tuning in for more releases, though would it be possible to add a sprite gallery for the animated scenes?

Gohan007

Aug 4, 2017
A v0.1 of a game with a substantial amount of levels and animations?

Take note, other projects.

Pretty solid start. I love that keybindings are remappable, but rope swinging and trying to hit/dodge bats at the same time is way too hard. I'm hoping more outfit variations get added rather than expensive recolors (not worth those 500 tokens) and more group scenes are added. So far I've only seen them with the worms.

Curious to see how this progresses, how frequent updates are and how much content will get added in every new version.

F4C430

Dec 4, 2018
A v0.1 of a game with a substantial amount of levels and animations?

Take note, other projects.

Pretty solid start. I love that keybindings are remappable, but rope swinging and trying to hit/dodge bats at the same time is way too hard. I'm hoping more outfit variations get added rather than expensive recolors (not worth those 500 tokens) and more group scenes are added. So far I've only seen them with the worms.

Curious to see how this progresses, how frequent updates are and how much content will get added in every new version.
FYI i don't think this dev understands version standards. The previous game is considered complete at v0.3.

chl67

Aug 8, 2017
Does this game have some sort of a gallery mode where you can view the animations?
Not yet but on the itch.io page I think the dev wrote in the comments that he is working on it, so it could be in the next update.

mech2

Nov 1, 2017
And he announced that, his laptop broke and need fixing so no update in this month. God damn you Murphy's law.
If you care about your computer or your health, never become an H-Game dev. There's not one out there that hasn't either had their laptop explode, or had some kind of crippling health issue. Some just get sucked into an interdimensional portal and are never seen again (whatever happened to Pixel Factory?)

Last edited:

clamp360

Apr 29, 2020
If you care about your computer or your health, never become an H-Game dev. There's not one out there that hasn't either had their laptop explode, or had some kind of crippling health issue. Some just get sucked into an interdimensional portal and are never seen again (whatever happened to Pixel Factory?)
I believe he got shut down by the laws in his country.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: junior20000
4.20 star(s) 29 Votes