Ramen-

Aug 28, 2018
unpopular opinion: i prefer sandra over haley
Make it two. I really hope we (the few) can get a happy Sandra ending.

Even if the game is called "Haley's story" it doesn't mean it has to end with a happy end for her right?

Does someone know if the Points (like: Haley +1) make any difference? Like if I don't get any Haley points will we be less close in this update or aren't they important just yet?

Qleaf

Workaholic
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Oct 14, 2016
Does someone know if the Points (like: Haley +1) make any difference? Like if I don't get any Haley points will we be less close in this update or aren't they important just yet?
Basically what I've skimmed through the game's script...
There will be 3 separate scenes where Haley Points will be put to the test, and they only affect the dialogue slightly.

If you want the minimum amount of scenes with Haley or any other character...
While following the walkthrough.. if you see the Character name.. just choose the other option :)

Reactions: Ramen-

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
after looking at the walkthrough I went through the Alana scene, but I don't really care about her, the scene just made me dislike more her character, if you want to fuck a hot blonde with no strings attached Diane is a better choice.

Alana knows MC is dating Sandra, her friend, which makes everything worse. That's why Lisa is the second best girl, she is playful, hot, wants the MC dick, but above all she is loyal to her friend, that's why I'm sticking with Sandra route for now

This update was interesting to see MC finally starting to try to take Sandra out of her confort zone, this could turn into a theme and Lisa could help with that, but I won't make predictions

Reactions: Koulo077 and Alfius

Ramen-

Aug 28, 2018
There will be 3 separate scenes where Haley Points will be put to the test, and they only affect the dialogue slightly.
Thank you, if only the text slightly varies, I don't need to restart it.

I hoped with less points I might not have this awkward scene with Haley when I'm talking with Sandra on the phone, like wtf was that (I know why she done it but still, she lost a lot of point's there).

after looking at the walkthrough I went through the Alana scene, but I don't really care about her, the scene just made me dislike more her character, if you want to fuck a hot blonde with no strings attached Diane is a better choice.
I have no idea who Alana is but, isn't it only possible to get that scene when you broke up with Sandra?

Last edited:

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Thank you, if only the text slightly varies, I don't need to restart it.

I hoped with less points I might not have this awkward scene with Haley when I'm talking with Sandra on the phone, like wtf was that (I know why she done it but still, she lost a lot of point's there).

I have no idea who Alana is but, isn't it only possible to get that scene when you broke up with Sandra?
it's the blond squash chick, you have to kiss her before and you must not help Sandra with her crazy move packing, follow the walkthrough

Ramen-

Aug 28, 2018
it's the squash blond chick, you have to kiss her before and you must not help Sandra with her crazy move packing, follow the walkthrough
So you need to be an ass to your girlfriend and depending on the perspective also cheating to get a sex scene with that Alana chick, so basically she's a shitty person and your MC (on that route) too? Seems like they deserve each other.

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
Alana looks a bit weird to me. Something about that model is off, I think. I don't find her attractive at all. Maybe that's intentional on the part of the devs... I dunno.

Mytez

Engaged Member
Jul 28, 2017
Alana looks a bit weird to me. Something about that model is off, I think. I don't find her attractive at all. Maybe that's intentional on the part of the devs... I dunno.
I have a theory that every one of the side girls are deliberately made as unapelling as possible, relationship wise, to prevent people from asking for an ending with them. Right now the only characters that it would make sense to have an ending with would be Sandra (girlfriend) and Haley (main girl).

Last edited:

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I have a theory that every one of the side girls are are deliberately made as unapelling as possible, relationship wise, to prevent people from asking for an ending with them. Right now the only characters that it would make sense to have an ending with would be Sandra (girlfriend) and Haley (main girl).
Both the MC and Alana pretty much say that their get-together is just for the sex. See ya around, sometime!

Reactions: Mytez

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
the MC is such a submissive that he will never initiate the first move unless given an express authority from the love interest
The MC in this game isn't submissive. At times he's passive, but then compared to Haley (outside the bedroom) most people would be. Still, he does take an active role with his partners, he just chooses his moments. A least twice now he's pushed Sandra out of her comfort zone, the most recent time pretty hard. He's proactive with Adriana's creepy husband on several occasions. He's capable of being the sexual aggressor with Lisa (not that they've done much). He deliberately forces Adriana to treat him as a sexual equal. And once Haley's sexual submissiveness becomes obvious he very easily inhabits the opposite role.

He does share a sort of flat emotional affect with other Ptolemy-written MCs, but he's nowhere near as much of an emotional cipher as (say) the MC in Life With Mary. In any case, I prefer that to the creepy, overly aggressive rapist-in-training MCs in so many other games. A matter of personal taste.

To me, what you're incorrectly identifying as submissiveness is a very legitimate resistance to, and even fear over, the consequences of an incestuous relationship. It seems unusual because most incest games pretend it doesn't exist, but this is far more realistic. (And yes, it tracks very closely with Dreaming of Dana in that the attraction is obvious from the beginning and the sister throws up delays in the form of sexual diversions while gradually bending the rules until they finally succumb. On the other hand, in this game the roles are reversed in that Dana was the one who imposed all the rules and structure. Here, Haley's literally begging the MC to do it.) I find the conflict between their mutual attraction and their individual resistances interesting, but what I find even more interesting is how Haley's preferred romantic/sexual identity is proving to be an enormous roadblock to moving their relationship forward. She's begging him to force the issue because it's in direct opposition to her nature to be the aggressor in love and especially in sex. She wants to — needs to — be the submissive one, which means she needs him to be the dominant one. He can do that over the course of an individual sexual interaction, but that his own doubts keep him from doing this in a more fundamental "are we going to have this relationship or not?" way, and instead cause him to grow frustrated and eventually even angry at her, is terrific drama, and way more sophisticated than the vast majority of games in this genre.

the games would go on about 80% of its length without sex scene with the main girl and then it would throw one or two scenes at the last 20% then finish the game in an erupt manner.
I dunno. I mean, if you only count penetrative sex then I suppose so. But Haley's attraction has been hinted at virtually from the beginning (and completely obvious by the time her boyfriend showed up), they've been dancing around and teasing a physical relationship since all the way back to the pool, and given how freaked out they both are about it the slower-than-usual pace seems completely appropriate.

Now, if the game ends after the second time they go all the way, then I'll be somewhat disappointed as well. There's a lot of drama (which doesn't necessarily equate with conflict) that could still be drawn from this.

So you need to be an ass to your girlfriend and depending on the perspective also cheating to get a sex scene with that Alana chick, so basically she's a shitty person and your MC (on that route) too? Seems like they deserve each other.
Well, the MC has plenty of chances to cheat on Sandra without obvious consequences. I've never seen her as a character who would abide anything other than fidelity, and now (if you're still in a relationship with her) that she's made it explicit, it's true that the MC's being awful to her if he fools around with Alana or Haley. But he was no less awful to her any of the other times when/if he was with Diane, or Adriana, or Haley. It's also true that Alana and Haley definitely know about Sandra, and I think it's reasonable to assume Adriana would as well — I don't recall if Diane does or not — so they're equal participants in the deception. As others have said, it's really only crazy Lisa that's actually respecting the relationship, though even then I tend to doubt that Sandra would be okay with the ass-grabbing or a live F/F sex show with a prostitute followed by hotel room masturbation while Lisa dirty talks him into orgasm. Anyway, the point is that Alana's no better or worse than Haley.

Again, though, I find this a net positive in terms of the story, and it's why...while I went ahead and replayed so I could see the Alana scene...I still have the MC with Sandra. Because this has the potential to end really badly, and I'm interested in seeing how well they (the dev team) handles it. It's not just about breaking Sandra's heart (or Haley's, if that's going to be a possibility), it's about pissing off his boss and actively breaking a promise to his boss/her uncle that he made just a little while ago. There could be some amazingly ugly consequences to cheating on/breaking up with Sandra, and I'm eager to see how the story handles them.

Last edited:

smokebox

Dec 22, 2018
Fuck Victor dude..., if it was up to me i would never started a relationship with Sandra in the first place, i am supposed to refuse all these girls because of Sandra? if Haley doesn't like that then sure i would gladlly refuse them all, but the affair with Adriana had positive consequences to Haley as well, and my guess is that she was the one pushing Diana towards the MC, and she also had 0 problems with the MC going to find a hooker with Lisa, Haley is pretty much the opposite of Sandra

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017

Alana knows MC is dating Sandra, her friend, which makes everything worse. That's why Lisa is the second best girl, she is playful, hot, wants the MC dick, but above all she is loyal to her friend, that's why I'm sticking with Sandra route for now

This update was interesting to see MC finally starting to try to take Sandra out of her confort zone, this could turn into a theme and Lisa could help with that, but I won't make predictions
I agree with this so much...I'm pleased to see that other people are also seeing how awesome Lisa is.

In RL I would be scared of her since I think she would break my heart. She seems like the type of person where relationships does not last very long. (Until the day she decides it's time to make a commitment and the lucky guy she's with at the time will be able to count his lucky stars.)

I agree about Diane, Alana...not relationship material for the MC, they seem to have their own issues and hangups. In my playthrough I did not do anything with Adrianne.

Reactions: Namco15

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
Fuck Victor dude..., i am supposed to refuse all these girls because of Sandra
Well, it depends on your perspective. If you know your girlfriend isn't okay with other partners and you have sex with them anyway, then yes...you should refuse (or break up with her). I understand that you're speaking from the player's perspective, which changes things since you were railroaded into a relationship with Sandra. (On the other hand, you've had plenty of chances to more or less end it by now, which makes the other partners much less problematic. Especially, as you note, because Haley not only seems fine with it, she's been actively encouraging it.)

But it's easy to say "fuck Victor" from in front of a laptop. It's a little different when you're a relatively new and powerless employee and he's your boss. Especially if he finds out who you dumped his precious niece for. I mean, wasn't it stated that the twins were living together because it was the only way they could afford the apartment? If they both got fired at the same time...

Last edited:

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Fuck Victor dude..., if it was up to me i would never started a relationship with Sandra in the first place, i am supposed to refuse all these girls because of Sandra? if Haley doesn't like that then sure i would gladlly refuse them all, but the affair with Adriana had positive consequences to Haley as well, and my guess is that she was the one pushing Diana towards the MC, and she also had 0 problems with the MC going to find a hooker with Lisa, Haley is pretty much the opposite of Sandra
The thing with Haley, if she was not related she would probably not have liked it that you fuck around.

BUT compared to incest, fucking around is like kindergarten stuff, therefore she evens encourages it as all these other smaller taboos, make the main taboo that effect her seems less taboo. She is basically normalising all kind of sexual stuff to normalise their relationship.

That's how I see Haley's motivation in any case. She can not point a moral finger, as them being together is even more imoral.

Reactions: Koulo077

smokebox

Dec 22, 2018
But it's easy to say "fuck Victor" from in front of a laptop. It's a little different when you're a relatively new and powerless employee and he's your boss. Especially if he finds out who you dumped his precious niece for. I mean, wasn't it stated that the twins were living together because it was the only way they could afford the apartment? If they both got fired at the same time...
But he is the boss of the MC, Adriana is Haley's boss, and what if the affair comes in handy if Victor tries to fire you?, Adriana might have a say in that,because he would be doing it so just because of his precious niece and not because you did something wrong on the job, or Adriana might hire MC, if you were Victor and you need to explain the directors why you fired that worker, "Oh he deserves to be fired because he cheated on my niece and broke her heart" that doesn't make sense...

4.20 star(s) 302 Votes