I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
The problem is they can't have a normal relationship.

The problem with incest games is you need all realism removing or the "relationship" falls flat. If you try and do it in a realistic setting like this one then it's stuck in the taboo and they can never progress beyond that unless they move away and never speak to their family again.
Games that have done this well have said beforehand that they have no family, so when they move away to somewhere new (like at the start of the game) no-one knows any better. I think that's the only way this can really work and be realistic; they can still have the internal conflicts though.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
No matter how the story goes they won't be boyfriend/girlfriend.

It's a relationship they can only have in secret so it's more of a fling than anything.
Well, this isn't MSMR, so I'd say it wouldn't be impossible. Also, in the last update, two interesting things happened. First, we have Haley that finally admitted that she's been thinking about this for a long time. Since high school, if memory serves. So this is a point in favor of the "relationship team". And then, in the same scene, we have their mother calling and her completely freaking out. This naturally goes into the "non-relationship team". Way I see it, it could go both ways. They could just as well leave for a new city and act like newlyweds, or never give in to their lust and keep teasing each other until one of them stops it. Of course, any development in between those two scenarios is possible as well :p My money is on tragic double-suicide :giggle:

I got told with every dream I crush my boobs grow a cup size.

I'm going for double J's baby.
Either you've been lied to, or you've been starting from negative boobs all this time :eek:

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

Donor
Jun 21, 2017
or never give in to their lust and keep teasing each other until one of them stops it. Of course, any development in between those two scenarios is possible as well :p My money is on tragic double-suicide :giggle:
They will be getting it on in their childhood bedroom in the next release, it's been confirmed by the dev over on Discord, they brought this event forward because they thought it would be nicer for Haley and MC to do it there.

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
The problem is they can't have a normal relationship.

They can't go out like lovers unless they go far away from where they live. They can't have pictures of them together in romantic settings, they can't have a family.
That's where a nice and thicc (in all the right places of course) beard comes in. I'd actually be a little worried this could all go downhill eventually if I hadn't already played DoDana. One thing that Haley and MC have over Dana and MC in that game is they've always lived together, which could already be viewed as a little strange if seen from a real life lens.

Reactions: Vamori

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
Right, Dana and her brother had to sneak around (and sometimes physically hide from, like some sort of silly romcom caper) their father just to hook up. The twins openly live together for plausible economic and emotional reasons, and unless something happens on the trip home they can reasonably pull that off for years while searching for a solution or a change in circumstance, with the majority of the danger coming not from inquisitive parents but from people who are romantically or sexually interested in one of them.

I'd call a willing beard pretty unrealistic for a real-world incestuous relationship (though I most definitely think beards still exist in the real world), but plausible in an adult game that's played by the sexual rules this one has thus far. (By which I mean: Haley has been perfectly fine with, even encouraging of, the MC sleeping with any and all available women.) That said, if the game were to end right now I'm not sure they've yet established anyone well enough to step into the beard role. Lisa and the MC could have an "open relationship" that, to anyone who knows Lisa, would seem odd but in line with prior behavior. Alana could use it as cover for her relationship with Jack, though I don't think that's sustainable over the long term. Adriana's obviously out of the running, Diane would live with them but she'd have no interest in faking commitment, and Sandra wouldn't do it. That said, there's probably enough time to turn Sandra into the sort of character who would do it, though it would require a pretty radical shift, and I doubt the game's going to spare that much time to transforming Sandra once the MC and Haley are actually moving forward. Maybe this one ends with Haley and the MC newly together and the immediate sequel is "Sandra's Story," in which a career-focused woman who has trouble sustaining emotional relationships embraces her role as a long-distance girlfriend-with-benefits. :ROFLMAO:

As I've said before, while I'd greatly prefer a happy ending for the siblings, I don't really care how the game ends as long as they stick the landing (a feeling that I'm sure isn't shared by most players, who are going to be Haley or bust). Demonstrate that the relationship's impossible over either the short or long term, have them caught and ostracized, have it work out despite what everyone else thinks, make them move to Bhutan, acquire a beard (sexually participatory or otherwise), kill one of them off in a house f...sorry, got carried away there. Just make it plausible and defensible in the context of the story and I'll be satisfied.

Or: a genetics lab hidden deep in the Himalayas manages to clone Haley from a few strands of her braid, after which the clone moves across the country and builds a new life while the original Haley and the MC live the rest of their days in incestuous ball-gagged and leashed bliss...never realizing that the lab has been secretly building a clone army of highly trained Haleys with weaponized braids.

Reactions: Fundo

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
kill one of them off in a house f...sorry, got carried away there.
Heh. Feeling a little lonely, as you do, on Valentines I decided to try a new game, so I played Acting Lessons. I hate myself.

As far as everything else, yes, incest beards are unrealistic in a real life sense, but so is incest itself. Arguably those crazy enough to do it probably don't really care too much who knows. Sandra is also the most likely beard at this point but we know next to nothing about Diane. It's possible she's lying to MC because she just doesn't want to get that close to him while he's emotionally unavailable. She might find out he and Sandra are on the rocks and start flirting with him or something. Maybe she's not all that committed to this whole non-commitment thing.

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
Re: Acting Lessons, we're all here for you.

It's true we don't know much about Diane, but they'd really have to invent a massive personality and backstory upgrade for her to be a reasonable beard. I don't think she's superficial as some here do, I just think she's very clear on what she doesn't want (more than she's clear on what she wants) and that her desires are fairly simplistic: ripped abs and orgasms.

My biggest unanswered question about this game isn't whether or not Haley and the MC are going to get together — as people who've played it accumulating zero Haley points have demonstrated, of course they are...though this could be the episode where the points truly matter — it's whether (and if so, how much) all the MC's catting around is going to affect that relationship. Again, in the alternate universe where I'm writing this game, the MC could have sex with people because Haley's actively or tacitly encouraged it, but he couldn't date Sandra past their natural expiration date and he couldn't actively betray Haley's trust. So he could do his thing with Adriana and Diane, he could have some of the sex with Sandra (but not the latest chapter), he probably couldn't go to the hotel with Lisa, and Alana would be unimportant (as she is in the current narrative).

Of course, in my version of the game Haley could also have her waiting-for-the-MC fun and the NTRphobes would already have birthed several hundred litters of kittens, which is why I don't write games. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
As far as everything else, yes, incest beards are unrealistic in a real life sense, but so is incest itself. Arguably those crazy enough to do it probably don't really care too much who knows.
Considering in most first world countries it's illegal and socially unacceptable which causes people to lose friends, family, jobs and become social pariah's ..... i'm pretty sure they care who knows.

Incest beards are how they get around it, that's been a thing for a long time.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Considering in most first world countries it's illegal and socially unacceptable which causes people to lose friends, family, jobs and become social pariah's ..... i'm pretty sure they care who knows.

Incest beards are how they get around it, that's been a thing for a long time.
It's not that different than gay beards 50-60 years ago, Alan Turing almost had a wife despite being gay, because at that time it was socially unacceptable, even illegal for him to be out as a gay man! Times change, now he's going to be the face of the £50 note! I'm not saying that in 50-60 years incest will be seen the same way, it's just that times change. :) By this I mean usually for the better! :)

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: B-52reloaded

bauman

Sep 11, 2018
If you're crazy enough to have an incestuous relationship in real life it can be fairly easy to keep it hidden. A simple name change and moving to a different state or country is enough to keep it hidden. There are countries in which the naturalization status is less than 5 years. Generally if people don't know you, they don't give a fuck these days what you do.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
In real life, I suspect that incest is common, but short-lived. For obvious reasons, as stated in posts above, it is difficult to sustain an incestuous relationship over the long term. In both sibling and parent/child relationships, one or both of the partners find other relationships and move on.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
A simple name change and moving to a different state or country is enough to keep it hidden.
Of course that would work. But how many people would be willing to uproot themselves from family, friends, and jobs to basically become a fugitive without any means of supporting themselves.

At any rate, if we keep up with these comments, I suspect they will disappear as being off topic. Oh well! I'm kind of getting used to that. :)

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
A simple name change and moving to a different state or country is enough to keep it hidden.
You'll find most people don't want to give up the rest of their family or friends.

Incest relationships rarely go beyond a brief fling, those that do last live in isolation.

Amnios

Donor
Dec 27, 2018
I absolutely believe that they're brother and sister. This is something that far too many incest-themed games fail to accomplish.
I agree, although that's mostly down to the writing it's also because of the slow burn as their relationships develop.

Too many incest games go from 0 to 100 too quickly, yes its good to get you off but there's nothing better than a good story that takes it's time.

4.20 star(s) 303 Votes