Red469

May 18, 2018
Dev might as well make them sleep naked from now on. That sex scenes with clothes already pissed me off. lol
I know that one is sooo Damn old its not funny... I do wonder What exactly makes them think thats anything other then Rude...

Wait that was an option? I was so relieved when Sandra didn't ever want to see me again. She is the queen of blue balls. If she could be our beard though that might help out for whats coming.
Why would you want to keep her as a side chick if your dont want her for main course?

What the heck, why is the game just shoving me into Sandra even if I picked the opposite choice of every Sandra +1 in walkthrough
Thats the story, you will be able to say goodbye to her so thats a good one.

Just started playing the game and just met Sandra. Well, now I see why everyone wants to get rid of her. I want to get rid of her already and I haven't even started dating her yet. Now, if it was Alana id be rather happy about that.
Ya, Agreed.

BTW does that work also for father-daughter in New Jersey? That would be a great ending for DMD :)
Would be interesting, altho, even though they say sex is, I dont think that marriage is possible in such a scenario

Mega link is down, looks like the account got banned.
I find this beyond hard to believe, more like he took it down for some reason or, perhaps the mb dl limit has been reached.

The othere dl Links are still active.

ArmoredCascade

Sep 27, 2018
need to remove MEGA for Windows
i get this

The file you are trying to download is no longer available.
The account that created this link has been terminated due to multiple violations of our .

Reactions: Doxxi

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Someone also posted that the story must be good since it has over 300 supporters. Become a Rock Star came out about the same time as HS, updates less frequently, buggy last update and has close to 500 patrons. WVM (great game) has been out less than 3 months. It had its initial release and 2 updates. It already has more patrons and brings in about $900 more a month than HS which has been out more than a year. The developer of WVM is brand new so he does not have Ptolemy's name recognition.
How much a creator is able to pull on Patreon doesn't really mean much at all. How much creators able to bring in also depend a lot of what they do to achieve that (market themselves and their game), other than just make their game. When someone can pull 5 times more than Ptolemy and not release a update in like 2 years proves this.

How a thread flare up with response and engagement from the players, is better to judge popularity imho.

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
How much a creator is able to pull on Patreon doesn't really mean much at all. How much creators able to bring in also depend a lot of what they do to achieve that (market themselves and their game), other than just make their game. When someone can pull 5 times more than Ptolemy and not release a update in like 2 years proves this.

How a thread flare up with response and engagement from the players, is better to judge popularity imho.
I don't disagree. Someone else had defended the story by saying that Viitgames had 300 patrons. Dark Silver, Dr. Pink Cakes, and Icstor all have more supporters than I can understand.

Reactions: Freezer14

Blablablafapper

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
I don't disagree. Someone else had defended the story by saying that Viitgames had 300 patrons. Dark Silver, Dr. Pink Cakes, and Icstor all have more supporters than I can understand.
That's because their games are all marketed very well.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
How much devs make on patreon is mostly down to luck. a lot of good games have fewer patrons that viit does.

his patron numbers have also been consistently trending up for a year, so the story changing didn't negatively impact anything. most of that negativity is just a group of posters here who didn't support him to begin with.
Capture.PNG

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
How much devs make on patreon is mostly down to luck. a lot of good games have fewer patrons that viit does.

his patron numbers have also been consistently trending up for a year, so the story changing didn't negatively impact anything. most of that negativity is just a group of posters here who didn't support him to begin with.
View attachment 464669
As one of his supporters that stopped supporting him when the story changed, I take exception. It's also possible that the saying "there is no such thing as bad press" has some truth to it. All the negative comments created buzz that generates traffic. I have always maintained that players who played the game from day one were more upset with the plot change than players who picked up the game recently. Looking at reviews early reviews good, plot change more negative reviews than good, and now more good reviews.

We have arguments all over the place on this topic. You claim (presumably) is the story is just as good because support has continued to improve. Others say support means nothing because it's all based on marketing. My claim is that it's a little of both. The initial outrage created a lot of buzz which helped with marketing. I believe that if the story had not had the shift in tone the developers would have more success with the additional traffic. Catch-22. If they could have created such buzz with something good, they would have seen something better than straight line growth. Again, witness WVM.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
If there's ever been a reason for a rule change on this site these back and forths over dev income prove why.
It's no one's buisness how much someone makes or doesn't and that offers shit all other discussion about the game.

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
If there's ever been a reason for a rule change on this site these back and forths over dev income prove why.
It's no one's buisness how much someone makes or doesn't and that offers shit all other discussion about the game.
Apparently developers can choose not to provide this info on their Patron Page as some only list number of patrons. Many developers have dollar goals that they track on their page. Viitgames was one of those developers. If Viitgames does not care if everyone knows how much he makes, I don't see why you have the right to complain on his behalf.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
Apparently developers can choose not to provide this info on their Patron Page as some only list number of patrons. Many developers have dollar goals that they track on their page. Viitgames was one of those developers. If Viitgames does not care if everyone knows how much he makes, I don't see why you have the right to complain on his behalf.
I'm not complaining on their behalf. I'm complaining on my own because the nonsense being spewed here over they make x so we deserve y or they make x and not y like z is fucking stupid and serves absolutely no point. It does nothing to further discussions about the game and only leads to extremely misleading arguments about the quality of a product based upon relative numbers at the time and not about the actual quality of the product. People can and will sub and unsub for any number of reasons none of which have a bearing for discussion. The devs finaces, and yours (should you support or not) are no ones buisness to discuss.

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
I'm not complaining on their behalf. I'm complaining on my own because the nonsense being spewed here over they make x so we deserve y or they make x and not y like z is fucking stupid and serves absolutely no point. It does nothing to further discussions about the game and only leads to extremely misleading arguments about the quality of a product based upon relative numbers at the time and not about the actual quality of the product. People can and will sub and unsub for any number of reasons none of which have a bearing for discussion. The devs finaces, and yours (should you support or not) are no ones buisness to discuss.
My initial point was to refute the statement that someone else had made that the game was still good because Viitgames had over 300 supporters. So my argument is the same as yours, the number of patrons does not necessarily translate to quality as I believe the quality has declined even if patronage has not. My own patronage is certainly my business to discuss and definitely had something to do with my perception of the game. Again if dev's finances were no one's business, they would not post them along with stated goals. It is a part of their self marketing.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Look, I got a facepalm from UncleVT again, I must be doing something right.
Absolutely! You are raising the post count on this thread almost single-handedly, thus insuring increased advertisement for the game. I am sure that Viitgames appreciates your tireless efforts on his behalf at a time when there hasn't been much traffic around here.

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
You support my theory then that controversy creates posts which creates traffic to the game. One of the reasons I waited until a couple of days before the update when posting would go up anyway. I hoped to increase the number of people reading my posts because they would be here for the update while minimizing my help by not generating game interest earlier in the month.

Reactions: Freezer14
4.20 star(s) 302 Votes