ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
That's your metric for success? Dude, I think you should aim higher! :ROFLMAO:
I'm secure enough in myself not to need validation from reactions to my posts. It just amuses my that one or two posters always seem to give me and others facepalms and one always seems to pitch a fit over one particular topic regardless of the forum.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Many people disagree with me all the time.

I still say that if someone starts the game from the beginning, that person will more likely than not enjoy the game.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Actually, what I am saying is that people should play the game and judge for themselves, and not rely on my opinion or anyone else's.

Reactions: Fundo

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
Many people disagree with me all the time.

I still say that if someone starts the game from the beginning, that person will more likely than not enjoy the game.
A validation of another of my theories. If someone plays the game now, they do not develop the attachment to the characters that some one who played it for months. You care less that Haley was raped.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
A validation of another of my theories. If someone plays the game now, they do not develop the attachment to the characters that some one who played it for months. You care less that Haley was raped.
Exactly. You see it as you should, as a plot device to add depth and meaning to the story. But saying that these new players don't care about a rape is extremely insulting. People who disagree with you are not necessarily uncaring.

I care very deeply about what happened to Haley, and yet I still love this game. But I want to make choices that will result in a positive ending for the principals involved, and I am looking forward to being able to do just that.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Was she raped? That all depends on the jurisdiction, now doesn't it? Example - in France she wouldn't have been.

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
Exactly. You see it as you should, as a plot device to add depth and meaning to the story. But saying that these new players don't care about a rape is extremely insulting. People who disagree with you are not necessarily uncaring.

I care very deeply about what happened to Haley, and yet I still love this game. But I want to make choices that will result in a positive ending for the principals involved, and I am looking forward to being able to do just that.
You misread my post. I said care less. You obviously care more when misfortune strikes an old friend than you do a new acquaintance.

Reactions: Freezer14

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Was she raped? That all depends on the jurisdiction, now doesn't it? Example - in France she wouldn't have been.
Please, not this argument again. I sincerely believe that Viitgames meant for it to be considered rape - a minor with a person of power and influence. Does it really matter what the actual laws are in every country in the world?

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
Really, we are going to start the statutory rape thing again? The story line is that Haley will come to see it as she was a victim of rape.

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
in France she wouldn't have been.
Nope:

Article 227-27 prohibits sexual relations with minors over age 15 (aged 15, 16 or 17) "1° where they are committed by an ascendant or by any other person having a legal or factual authority over the victim; 2° where they are committed by a person abusing the authority conferred by his functions."

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
You misread my post. I said care less. You obviously care more when misfortune strikes an old friend than you do a new acquaintance.
Sure. But when the character development is as skillfully done as it is in this game, new acquaintances quickly become old friends. You don't have to be around for months to recognize and appreciate that development. I believe that most of us here recognized it after the first release.

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
Sure. But when the character development is as skillfully done as it is in this game, new acquaintances quickly become old friends. You don't have to be around for months to recognize and appreciate that development. I believe that most of us here recognized it after the first release.
I did not say anything about character development. I said that emotional attachment gets stronger over time. I'm guessing that you are more attached to friends you have had for years than to someone you met yesterday.

mugizib

Jun 17, 2019
The stupidity of thinking that because a few wrote something that becomes majority opinion (as long as they coincide with you).

LazyName

Aug 17, 2017
Trying to quantify someones attachment to a character or anyone is a fools errand. Its completely subjective and so are peoples reaction to the plot. You're welcome to have your theory as to who feels what and why they feel that way but the resulting argument is always going to be fruitless. This whole conversation dissolves into "i FEEL this way" and a rebuttal of "well i FEEL this way!" Whenever discusing a creative work the conversation will usually disolve into feelings unless we're talking about what objectively happened in the story so you're free to do so but i think as far as conversations go this is one of the most boring ones.

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
Trying to quantify someones attachment to a character or anyone is a fools errand. Its completely subjective and so are peoples reaction to the plot. You're welcome to have your theory as to who feels what and why they feel that way but the resulting argument is always going to be fruitless. This whole conversation dissolves into "i FEEL this way" and a rebuttal of "well i FEEL this way!" Whenever discusing a creative work the conversation will usually disolve into feelings unless we're talking about what objectively happened in the story so you're free to do so but i think as far as conversations go this is one of the most boring ones.
But that the essence of most of the conversations here. There are some Q&A, but mostly it's I like red because and I like blue because. It's all about feelings, personal tastes, opinions. If it's only a discussion about facts, we get conversations about the legal age of consent in France.

4.20 star(s) 302 Votes