TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
I would actually like to know what it could be used for.
Searching for games without leaving the page your on, thinking about it though it's a pretty inefficient way of doing it (as request threads are usually at the top).

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Has anyone besides me been frustrated by the new search engine? Try searching for 'walkthrough' in a game like Long Live the Princess, and see how many pages you have to plow through. It's over 20. The problem is that there is no longer a way to specify a start date for the current thread, or to sort the results by timestamp. Not even in the so-called 'advanced' search. Also, why is the default search 'everywhere'. Who the hell uses that option? Frustrating as fuck!
In the search URL where it says "o=relevance" change it to "o=date"

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
In the search URL where it says "o=relevance" change it to "o=date"
Thank you for the response, but that option is in the Advanced section. Unfortunately, there is no option to limit Advanced searches to the current thread. I just tried searching for 'walkthrough' that way. It returned 20 results from the last 2 1/2 hours. Not a helpful way to find something.

It is ridiculous! The option to search the current thread is in the default search, but not in the advanced search. While the option to sort by date, or set a start date is in the advanced, but not the standard.

ARGHH!

Okay, so how does someone raise such a problem with the people who control this site? I can't seem to figure out how to contact them.

IAmTheGrim

Jan 4, 2019
Thank you for the response, but that option is in the Advanced section. Unfortunately, there is no option to limit Advanced searches to the current thread. I just tried searching for 'walkthrough' that way. It returned 20 results from the last 2 1/2 hours. Not a helpful way to find something.

It is ridiculous! The option to search the current thread is in the default search, but not in the advanced search. While the option to sort by date, or set a start date is in the advanced, but not the standard.

ARGHH!

Okay, so how does someone raise such a problem with the people who control this site? I can't seem to figure out how to contact them.

Reactions: Walter Victor

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017

ARGHH!

Don't use the advanced search. Use the basic search. Type "walkthrough" and select "This thread". You'll get an URL similar to this:

If it says o=relevance change it to o=date

Reactions: Aristos

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Don't use the advanced search. Use the basic search. Type "walkthrough" and select "This thread". You'll get an URL similar to this:

If it says o=relevance change it to o=date
Can't get it to work. Whether I change it to date, or leave it at relevance, it comes up with the same result. Your example works, but when I do it, there is one difference in the number after the 'search' node in the URL. I have no idea what that is. It's not a user-id, because it's not unique to me on different threads. Regardless, I don't get 5504225 in the URL when I try my search.

4.20 star(s) 303 Votes