ghjghjghj

Dec 10, 2018
Has anybody figured out why the whole Klaus thing even exists here?

I find it one of the biggest problems with the game. It's frankly just not something I really want to deal with in this kind of game. The mood for dealing with deep psychological trauma stuff is rather at odds with the mood for checkout out F95Zone, you know?

I'd probably say it's the wrong (story) tool period, no matter what. But I can't even figure out what it's supposed to be doing here. It doesn't seem to have substantially formed Haley's character. It's not what draws MC and Haley together. It's not what lets Haley and Sandra bond. I guess maybe it bonds MC and Victor a little, but that's not only not needed with Sandra but also just isn't anywhere near enough of a focus to be useful. As far as I can tell it's just this weird, awkward, mood and time killing thing that randomly pops up for no particular reason.

So... why? Why did the dev even consider it, never mind actually use it? What were they going for?

Reactions: Nachtfalke

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
I guess you gotta wait until the game is finished to see if there was a reason. As it is now I don't really see one either besides just to fill up with some kind of side story that doesn't really have a big impact.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017

I find it one of the biggest problems with the game. It's frankly just not something I really want to deal with in this kind of game. The mood for dealing with deep psychological trauma stuff is rather at odds with the mood for checkout out F95Zone, you know?

I'd probably say it's the wrong (story) tool period, no matter what. But I can't even figure out what it's supposed to be doing here. It doesn't seem to have substantially formed Haley's character. It's not what draws MC and Haley together. It's not what lets Haley and Sandra bond. I guess maybe it bonds MC and Victor a little, but that's not only not needed with Sandra but also just isn't anywhere near enough of a focus to be useful. As far as I can tell it's just this weird, awkward, mood and time killing thing that randomly pops up for no particular reason.

So... why? Why did the dev even consider it, never mind actually use it? What were they going for?
Why is anyone (or anything) in the story, not just Klaus? Why are Diane or Lily in the story? Neither of them is essential. Well, they and Klaus are in the game because that's how the developer planned it. Good developers tell the story they want to tell. We either accept that story or don't and play something else.

As for Klaus not forming Haley's character, you've got to be kidding. It certainly affected drastically Haley's relationship with her mother, and it has made her even more dependent on her brother than she was before. It is obvious that Haley and the MC were extremely close before, but now she can hardly stand to be apart from him for a night. She is so distraught that she has to see a psychologist. And you don't think Klaus played a part in any of that?

I am sympathetic to your not wanting to deal with what happened with Klaus. So don't play it. I am sure that there are plenty of other games out there that will satisfy you. Just don't expect every developer to create something you like.

EDIT: Oh, I should respond to this one: What were they going for? Something that would add some tension to the game and bring the MC and Haley even closer together as they attempted to work through her resultant issues. This game isn't JUST about Haley and the MC getting together and finding a way to stay together. It's deeper than that, and (I believe) better. At the end of this game, I believe their bond will be stronger because of Klaus.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I guess you gotta wait until the game is finished to see if there was a reason. As it is now I don't really see one either besides just to fill up with some kind of side story that doesn't really have a big impact.
See the above post.

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
I agree with Walter Victor and would also like to add this.
It's not what lets Haley and Sandra bond.
Correction it has quite a lot to do with that bonding its one of the reasons that Sandra decided to alow Haley to share their bed for starters.
And if you know anything about women at all and i don't claim to know alot about them to be honest.

But I do know it mentions that Haley confided in Sandra about what happened with Klaus.
When she wasn't even willing to tell the MC the same even with the close relationship they both have.

I do know enough to know that sharing that kind information by one woman to another woman is inevitably going to bring them closer together.

So I hate to disagree with you but its exactly what lets Haley and Sandra bond.

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Walter Victor I think the question was why the whole situation was brought up again and then seemingly led nowhere, not what kind of effect it had on Haley or why this guy was in the story in the first place.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Walter Victor I think the question was why the whole situation was brought up again and then seemingly led nowhere, not what kind of effect it had on Haley or why this guy was in the story in the first place.
Sorry, I don't understand your reasoning. The Klaus event led directly to those effects I mentioned on Haley and the rest of the game. Without Klaus we would NOT have Haley going to the psychologist and we would NOT have the MC forced to become more involved with her emotionally. If that is not leading to something, I don't know what is.

But perhaps you could explain more, and I just don't understand... which I don't.

Mr. Grant

Jun 6, 2018
Is anyone else having trouble with the Mega download? I've downloaded twice, first time was the wrong version, second time it.. didn't unpack correctly, when I loaded it up, the saves are corrupted. Anyone else having problems?

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Events surrounding the Klaus revelation do not force the MC to become more emotionally involved with Haley. He's already in love with her and has agreed to a relationship from "crosswords to ball gage" and everything he has to give her. Can't get much more emotionally involved.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Events surrounding the Klaus revelation do not force the MC to become more emotionally involved with Haley. He's already in love with her and has agreed to a relationship from "crosswords to ball gage" and everything he has to give her. Can't get much more emotionally involved.
Evidently it can. You are talking about closeness in a sexual context. In that you are correct. They had sex before the MC even knew anything about Klaus. And of course he had always 'loved' her. But that is not all there is to 'closeness'. The anger he feels and the determination he has to both avenge her and to relieve Haley's anxieties are a direct result of the Klaus revelation. So, it has brought them together more deeply on other levels that sex.

Look, I get it that you didn't like 'the reveal'. Neither did I. Who would? And neither did the MC, but he didn't abandon Haley because of it, and neither have I.

You may never agree, and that's okay. Differences of opinion are inevitable. But mine is that Klaus made the story deeper, more interesting, and better. I always empathized with Haley's character. The developers are good at that. But after Klaus I found myself even more drawn to her character.

But that's just me.

4.20 star(s) 303 Votes