Cy63rPunk

Dec 30, 2018
I wonder why it is so difficult to keep save files working, last save is November, gives an error and i have to start from the beginning...

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
For those of you who are wondering why your saves disappeared and are scratching your head. It has nothing to do with the rollback patch problems, and here's what I found:

My previous version that I played and saw new content was 0.96. I had pulled 0.97 and noticed nothing new to play since I wasn't on the sandra path. Then I pulled 0.98.2-alt and tried to load saves. Nothing, nada, squat. Not even automatics.

Going into ~/.renpy (I'm on Linux) to look:

Code:
Haley-0.98.2-alt-pc $ ls ~/.renpy | grep -i haley
Haleyaltsave-1532454941
wtf.... Why is there a Haleyaltsave there that's empty and not something named just Haley-xxxx that's full of saves? Time to go grepping around for config settings of save directories:

Code:
Haley-0.98.2-alt-pc/game $ grep save_directory *.rpy
options.rpy:## Windows: %APPDATA\RenPy\<config.save_directory>
options.rpy:## Macintosh: $HOME/Library/RenPy/<config.save_directory>
options.rpy:## Linux: $HOME/.renpy/<config.save_directory>
options.rpy:define config.save_directory = "Haleyaltsave-1532454941"
That explains the empty Haley save directory. Let's see what's in 0.96.

Code:
Haley-0.96-pc/game $ grep save_directory *.rpy
options.rpy:define config.save_directory = "Proj6-1532454941"
Do what now? So the author has been working on Proj6 (aka Haley) all this time and finally decided to change the name in a setting somewhere without realizing that it was going to disappear everyone's old saves?

ferd

Jun 5, 2017
I really like the game. But sometimes the proportions of people seem really weird. Cant put my finger on what exactly is weird though. Anyone else feels that way?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ucu32167

Jun 5, 2019
For those of you who are wondering why your saves disappeared and are scratching your head. It has nothing to do with the rollback patch problems, and here's what I found:

My previous version that I played and saw new content was 0.96. I had pulled 0.97 and noticed nothing new to play since I wasn't on the sandra path. Then I pulled 0.98.2-alt and tried to load saves. Nothing, nada, squat. Not even automatics.

Going into ~/.renpy (I'm on Linux) to look:

Code:
Haley-0.98.2-alt-pc $ ls ~/.renpy | grep -i haley
Haleyaltsave-1532454941
wtf.... Why is there a Haleyaltsave there that's empty and not something named just Haley-xxxx that's full of saves? Time to go grepping around for config settings of save directories:

Code:
Haley-0.98.2-alt-pc/game $ grep save_directory *.rpy
options.rpy:define config.save_directory = "Haleyaltsave-1532454941"
That explains the empty Haley save directory. Let's see what's in 0.96.

Code:
Haley-0.96-pc/game $ grep save_directory *.rpy
options.rpy:define config.save_directory = "Proj6-1532454941"
Do what now? So the author has been working on Proj6 (aka Haley) all this time and finally decided to change the name in a setting somewhere without realizing that it was going to disappear everyone's old saves?
It's from the Patreon vs Subscribe Star versions. They each have their own save directory. And depending on what version gets leaked here any given month, it might look into the wrong directory for the saves.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
It's from the Patreon vs Subscribe Star versions. They each have their own save directory. And depending on what version gets leaked here any given month, it might look into the wrong directory for the saves.
I believe there are two solutions for this. The simplest is to save your own save directory from the previous download and copy it into the newest game directory download. If you do that, it doesn't make any difference whether your download is from Patreon or from SubscribeStar.

Of course, that doesn't help anyone who deleted their previous work.

So, if you are now working with the pre-patched version (which is from SubscribeStar), and don't have previous saves, [for Windows] go out to C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\Proj6-1532454941 and copy the contents into your new game\save directory. That should prevent you from starting from the beginning.

Reactions: lkta and Buss

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
I believe there are two solutions for this. The simplest is to save your own save directory from the previous download and copy it into the newest game directory download. If you do that, it doesn't make any difference whether your download is from Patreon or from SubscribeStar.

Of course, that doesn't help anyone who deleted their previous work.

So, if you are now working with the pre-patched version (which is from SubscribeStar), and don't have previous saves, [for Windows] go out to C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\Proj6-1532454941 and copy the contents into your new game\save directory. That should prevent you from starting from the beginning.
Except for the error in loading the previous auto save:

edit: I did copy the save files.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Looks like we are going to have to start a new game. Which, to me, does not make sense this late in the development of this game.

MisterDan

Feb 20, 2019
Looks like we are going to have to start a new game. Which, to me, does not make sense this late in the development of this game.
Agree, it is stupid that the patreon version is not posted anymore. And when the patreon version is posted first on the next update ppl will loose their progress again.

Reactions: Cornfield

dividead

May 1, 2017
My saves are gone, I checked my renpy save folder and other games's saves are fine. I did not reinstall anything. Did anyone else experience this and if so what is the cause?

WaltS

Si vis pacem para bellum
Donor
Apr 4, 2018
My saves are gone, I checked my renpy save folder and other games's saves are fine. I did not reinstall anything. Did anyone else experience this and if so what is the cause?
FFS how about reading at least the last two pages where this has been explained in detail before bothering everyone again? Let me guess - too lazy / "can't be bothered"?

• Angry
Reactions: Xythros and Johnny6

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
Except for the error in loading the previous auto save:
edit: I did copy the save files.
Try coping that same C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\Proj6-1532454941 to C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\Haleyaltsave-1532454941

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I might have been a little behind on some of the paths previously, so I'm not 100% from which scene this version picked up. I was happy, however, with the additional progress with Adriana and Lisa. I suspect (thought it won't be exactly the same, ofc) Haley will do something similar to her "Sandra magic" on both of these girls in the future. As it is already, I doubt Lisa will be hard to convince. (Of course, will Haley be hard for Lisa and the MC to convince?) I think Adriana might be a bit of a challenge, but not nearly as hard as Sandra.

Since Viit went from v0.98 to v0.98.2 this time, I guess we might actually have a chance to see more on the Alana and Diane paths. I'm not expecting it, but it seems at least more possible now. Especially having Alana show up at the therapist while Haley was with the doctor, I think there's very possibly going to be more with her. Were this game still a ways from the ending, I would anticipate more character development for Alana, especially when it comes to her own personal problems and maybe she and Haley eventually bonding over shared troubles. At this stage, though, I kind of doubt that will ever be a thing. Shame, really; it could have deepened that storyline in the game.

And, like I've said before, given the relationship Diane has with people generally, I assume there won't be anything ever deeper or more impressive with her going forward. On the one hand, her attitude towards sex would make her more accepting of the Haley-MC romance. On the other, her attitude towards sex would mean she's highly unlikely ever really to stick around in the long run. It is what it is; it's not like this likelihood was ever telegraphed over and over throughout the game.

Reactions: Walter Victor

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Diane's path being shelfed (as of now) is the one thing from a story perspective I don't understand. She literally lives down the hall from MC/Haley. Ever since you made the decision to be fuckbuddies or friends, I don't think she has a single notable scene. There have been chances too, when Haley goes jogging is an easy time to squeeze Diane in.

And with Haley moving out to a new apartment (though not really), Diane to me is an obvious roommate candidate. Haley can "move out" yet still be living in the same building as MC. It'd be cheaper too, just pay half of Diane's rent instead of renting a new place.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Diane's path being shelfed (as of now) is the one thing from a story perspective I don't understand. She literally lives down the hall from MC/Haley. Ever since you made the decision to be fuckbuddies or friends, I don't think she has a single notable scene. There have been chances too, when Haley goes jogging is an easy time to squeeze Diane in.

And with Haley moving out to a new apartment (though not really), Diane to me is an obvious roommate candidate. Haley can "move out" yet still be living in the same building as MC. It'd be cheaper too, just pay half of Diane's rent instead of renting a new place.
For sure. I'm not really certain how long that relationship would last, but it could go for a while. I really think it would come with some stipulations, some of which a lot of players wouldn't like. Her "free spirit" sexual attitude would probably mean she'd require that she be allowed to sleep around with other guys (and girls, I would guess), and even be allowed to bring them home at times. This NTR-ish relationship might be objectionable for a lot of people. That said, it might draw a certain number of NTR fetish folks, too.

I really don't see Diane being committed in any real way to the relationship, however. At a certain point she'd probably just move out again. Her relationship with the MC and Haley is different from all the other girls.
  • Haley just wanted the MC to finally give in to what she'd accepted herself for literally years and she'd felt from the MC all that time. She just needed to know that the love of her life would reciprocate her feelings, even if it ends up meaning she has to share (on non-solo paths).
  • Sandra was looking for security and acceptance with all of her idiosyncrasies; she needed to feel not only truly loved but also that her relationship would help build her self-esteem. She seems to have found that with the MC and Haley.
  • Adriana wanted to find someone to acknowledge her for everything she is: an accomplished, witty, beautiful woman. It may have begun as revenge on her husband, but it ultimately developed because the MC truly appreciates her.
  • Alana, I think, was really on the search for "the right guy" and found the MC over time. She has her own crap to work through, but I think the MC treating her with respect and affection is enough for her. TBH, though, I'm not really sure how she'd react to the news of the MC's involvement with Haley.
  • Lisa, for all her flirting and playing around, is not just looking for a good time. She talks a big game, but you can tell that she really is just wanting someone to accept her as she is, wild heart and insecurities and all. Her story in the game proves she's hard-pressed to find someone even compatible with her really. But especially with her later interactions with the MC, it seems clear she ultimately is actually looking for someone to love her and commit to her.
In all of those scenarios (but the first), the MC and Haley end up with a much longer-term and/or permanent third-girl relationship. Diane doesn't seem to fit this idea at all. She'd be amazingly fun to be around all the time, and provided she is given her freedom and not "held down" by Haley or the MC, she'd stick around. After too many attempts at control, though, I assume she'd be gone.

4.20 star(s) 303 Votes