ulix

May 13, 2018
Compressed version bugged, old saves that disappears.. I will wait another version, hoping with a few less issues and more attention to what they are doing

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
The saves directory and the game install directory are always two different things, even on Winders. The only thing it did for me having the old version lying around was finding out in the options.rpy file in there that the game save folder was something totally different from what I expected. I think this is the first time I've seen a game author change even the save folder name in order to escape from the Taboo police.

I believe there are two solutions for this. The simplest is to save your own save directory from the previous download and copy it into the newest game directory download. If you do that, it doesn't make any difference whether your download is from Patreon or from SubscribeStar.

Of course, that doesn't help anyone who deleted their previous work.

So, if you are now working with the pre-patched version (which is from SubscribeStar), and don't have previous saves, [for Windows] go out to C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\Proj6-1532454941 and copy the contents into your new game\save directory. That should prevent you from starting from the beginning.

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Since the SS pre-patched version has been posted here saves don't work and seems to be lots of problems with images.
I wonder why it is so difficult to keep save files working, last save is November, gives an error and i have to start from the beginning...
Except for the error in loading the previous auto save:

edit: I did copy the save files.
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

<SNIP>
Looks like we are going to have to start a new game. Which, to me, does not make sense this late in the development of this game.
When the devs split the Patreon/SubScribestar they could have kept the saves compatible but apparently didn't.

The Old Saves Bugfix in the OP might allow you to load old saves from Oct./Nov. without having to replay.
The saves directory and the game install directory are always two different things, even on Winders.
On Windows RenPy creates saves both in the User directory (which the devs irrationally changed) and in game/saves.

RenPy will show saves from both locations, the newer version takes priority if there are duplicates for the same slot.

So as Walter Victor suggests, in this case where the User directory saves 'disappear', users who still have the game/saves folder won't have a problem as the game will display those.

Whether saves from different versions of the game work or not is a different problem.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
You are fucking awesome :) This info should be on the first page
It should but i'm just copying what others have posted already. This is kinda an every update thing since there's two different builds.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Whether saves from different versions of the game work or not is a different problem.
For the last release (and ALL previous releases), I had downloaded the Patreon version and patched it. This time I downloaded the pre-patched version. As I always do with every game, I copied my previous saves into the new release. When I fired it up and tried to load my latest save from my Adriana route, it didn't work. But one just before that did. I have no idea, not knowing diddly squat about Ren'Py or Python except what I've picked up through experimentation, why it reacted that way. But it's not the first time this has happened to me in this game or in many others. I just grin and bear it, find a save I can work with, and carry on.

Reactions: WaltS

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
For the last release (and ALL previous releases), I had downloaded the Patreon version and patched it. This time I downloaded the pre-patched version. As I always do with every game, I copied my previous saves into the new release. When I fired it up and tried to load my latest save from my Adriana route, it didn't work. But one just before that did. I have no idea, not knowing diddly squat about Ren'Py or Python except what I've picked up through experimentation, why it reacted that way. But it's not the first time this has happened to me in this game or in many others. I just grin and bear it, find a save I can work with, and carry on.
You know, if the dev is posting two separate versions, he should provide some indication as to which version it is.

Sigh...as much as I like this game, I think I will just wait for the final version to be uploaded and try it then. I am not going to try to skip through the entire story to see what happened in the last update. Because I will most likely have to do it again for the next update. I'm just not going to do it. :cry:

Reactions: Cornfield

barkouletos

Nov 29, 2017
Try coping that same C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\Proj6-1532454941 to C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\Haleyaltsave-1532454941
Thanks! It worked for me:)

OMG! Whole my Ren'Py folder is 5GB!! Only the saves!!

InsertFreakyName

Donor
Jul 22, 2019
A solution that worked for me:

1 - Remove all rpy and rpyc files in game/ folder
2 - Copy all rpy & rpyc from 0.97 game/ folder to the 0.98 game/ folder
3 - download the incest patch on lewdpatcher
4 - overwrite the files with patch

And after that I successfully loaded my save without error.
After the solution via the mod didn't work I want to try this one ... Problem: I deleted the old version :cautious: So my question is: Where can I download v0.97 to save my saves? :D Thx in advance!

Xyze

Modder
Dec 30, 2018
After the solution via the mod didn't work I want to try this one ... Problem: I deleted the old version :cautious: So my question is: Where can I download v0.97 to save my saves? :D Thx in advance!
Try to download this: and extract it in the game/ folder that should work

Reactions: InsertFreakyName

InsertFreakyName

Donor
Jul 22, 2019
Try to download this: Mega and extract it in the game/ folder that should work
Nope, still getting the error. Maybe because I used the incest patch and the WT mod (should have said that before -.-) But thanks for your effort, I think I'll just play it again. Not the biggest sacrifice cause it's a great game :LOL:

hatefuldisplay

May 22, 2020
I did another playthrough to include the newest update on the pre-patched version. I must say, the patching makes a lot more sense as this game was obviously intended to be about an incestuous relationship.

Although I do find Sandra to be the most attractive of the lover interest's, she really has some quirks and a dryness that doesn't appeal to me over all. I will probably go back and push her scenes out farther at some point to see if I change my mind about her.

Lisa is the absolute wild card in this. Her model is quite attractive and her personality is great. As far as fun goes, I think she is definitely the one. As for staying power, I'm not so sure.

Adriana somehow ends up being my top pick out of all of them. Her backstory, body, sexuality, and character advancements really bring her to the forefront for me.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I am definitely hoping that Alana shows up more in the future. If nothing else, for an extra booty call.

Diane is pretty awesome. I am hoping that she comes forward as a potential love interest. I can definitely so that possibility. Or, have I already missed the love interest potential with some decision or another?

Haley #2 doesn't really appeal to me in appearance, but she definitely has something in her personality that makes me want to push her storyline more.

Margaret the therapist... Please tell the dog in me that we get a chance with her. She is super hot.

I'm going to guess that the unnamed and lesser used characters like the agent, bartender, and Adriana's secretary are off the menu...

Haley #1 is a great character. I love her sense of humor and personality.

The mom is a smoking hot MILF. It's a game about incest. Why not? I mean. I've heard it won't happen, but would not mind a brief interlude with her and the MC...

Deleted member 3006697

Compressor
Oct 30, 2020
I did another playthrough to include the newest update on the pre-patched version. I must say, the patching makes a lot more sense as this game was obviously intended to be about an incestuous relationship.

Although I do find Sandra to be the most attractive of the lover interest's, she really has some quirks and a dryness that doesn't appeal to me over all. I will probably go back and push her scenes out farther at some point to see if I change my mind about her.

Lisa is the absolute wild card in this. Her model is quite attractive and her personality is great. As far as fun goes, I think she is definitely the one. As for staying power, I'm not so sure.

Adriana somehow ends up being my top pick out of all of them. Her backstory, body, sexuality, and character advancements really bring her to the forefront for me.

I am definitely hoping that Alana shows up more in the future. If nothing else, for an extra booty call.

Diane is pretty awesome. I am hoping that she comes forward as a potential love interest. I can definitely so that possibility. Or, have I already missed the love interest potential with some decision or another?

Haley #2 doesn't really appeal to me in appearance, but she definitely has something in her personality that makes me want to push her storyline more.

Margaret the therapist... Please tell the dog in me that we get a chance with her. She is super hot.

I'm going to guess that the unnamed and lesser used characters like the agent, bartender, and Adriana's secretary are off the menu...

The mom is a smoking hot MILF. It's a game about incest. Why not? I mean. I've heard it won't happen, but would not mind a brief interlude with her and the MC...

Reactions: hatefuldisplay

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017

Nice analysis. But as for possible scenarios, as far as I can tell from the developer's Patreon posts, there are 4 paths: Haley+Sandra, Haley+Adriana, Haley+Lisa, and Haley Solo. So other pairings for potential endings are unlikely. Individual scenes are always possible.

However, I believe the mother is out of the question [the same for Haley and some other guy(s)]. It is too late in the game, and no indication has been given that either the MC or Mom is remotely interested in the other as a sexual partner. You have to understand that the whole game is about finding a way for Haley and the MC to live together happily ever after. Adding Mom to that scenario just doesn't fit. You would probably need to add Dad into the mix, and that doesn't add up either. While many people would like to see some Mom and/or Dad (or some other guy (or the dog)) scenario, I think many others would riot in the streets if any of that happened.

EDIT: I am in complete agreement with you about Margaret. It actually seems like she would be a terrific candidate for an ending scenario. However, it looks like we will both be disappointed there.

hatefuldisplay

May 22, 2020
Nice analysis. But as for possible scenarios, as far as I can tell from the developer's Patreon posts, there are 4 paths: Haley+Sandra, Haley+Adriana, Haley+Lisa, and Haley Solo. So other pairings for potential endings are unlikely. Individual scenes are always possible.

However, I believe the mother is out of the question [the same for Haley and some other guy(s)]. It is too late in the game, and no indication has been given that either the MC or Mom is remotely interested in the other as a sexual partner. You have to understand that the whole game is about finding a way for Haley and the MC to live together happily ever after. Adding Mom to that scenario just doesn't fit.

EDIT: I am in complete agreement with you about Margaret. It actually seems like she would be a terrific candidate for an ending scenario. However, it looks like we will both be disappointed there.
I was honestly unaware of the paths that were involved. I guess I didn't realize that the main goal was for Haley and the MC to end up together. I suppose I just thought that would be one possibility.

I have been playing the game for some time now and finally decided to branch away from Sandra to see where things went. I kind of feel that you are pushed along her path a great deal as well.

I realize that mom is out. It's unfortunate, not because I'm a huge incest guy but because she is damn fine. I suppose if the game were drawn out longer, the mother's affections and preferences for her son could come out. Alas, it looks like it won't be... Maybe the follow up game; "Mom's Story" will help out with this matter.

As for sharing Haley with other guys, well I guess most people would be violently upset with that. From what I've seen, some people quit playing games when you share the LI with another woman. Oh well. Everyone has their own fetishes and turn-offs.

Margaret just seems like a wasted model if nothing else comes of her. I realize that she came a bit later in the game and that's why she is more realistic than the other models. It still becomes a disappointment that we might not get to progress further with her. Who knows? Maybe we'll still get a one off at some point if we're lucky.

Haley #2 will be another wasted character if they don't tie her up at some point. I just feel like they could have worked her in less to make her less consequential or could work her in more to bring meaning to her addition.

Beyond all of that, I can't see why the Sandra path couldn't have had the option of an early game threesome with Alana or Lisa along with the MC before the other activities occurred with her. Could just be the dog in me thinking on that one.

Reactions: Walter Victor
4.20 star(s) 303 Votes