EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
I don't know, doesn't seem all that difficult to correct to me. Agree on the best parts, amend a few, add transitions to make it flow, a couple of less provocative scenes, and release it. Most of the renders can still be used, which is the most time-consuming part. Shouldn't take a month to revise. They just have to take a day or so to clear their heads, and get back to work. No need to redo everything from scratch.

We don't want to turn Lisa and Haley into bitchy antagonists, but we still want banter between the two.
It takes more than a day to clear your head, re-evalute things, and come up with something new, especially if you had a certain flow but got blown out of it midway. Sometimes it's also better just to scrap everything, than trying to build up on something and ran into the same problem again. While the rendering does take up most of the time, it also very dependent on the scenarios that plays out. If they change them significantly, then the renders must change with them as well. Honestly, I don't think the month break is a problem, since there are other issues in the game that should be solved anyway, and they might take the time to adress them as well.

Reactions: Priappus and Agrik

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
It takes more than a day to clear your head, re-evalute things, and come up with something new, especially if you had a certain flow but got blown out of it midway. Sometimes it's also better just to scrap everything, than trying to build up on something and ran into the same problem again. While the rendering does take up most of the time, it also very dependent on the scenarios that plays out. If they change them significantly, then the renders must change with them as well. Honestly, I don't think the month break is a problem, since there are other issues in the game that should be solved anyway, and they might take the time to adress them as well.
I don't know what to say. It's just bad. Don't get me wrong. The ideas and jokes that we put in there are still good. But add them all together and it just comes off as mean. The little jokes and teases between Lisa and Haley are good enough on their own. But now that they're all added together in one update, it comes off as if they almost hate each other. You know how they say that something is more than the sum of it's parts? Well, this is the opposite. This update is less than the sum of it's scenes.
The part I underlined is what I based my previous post on. Why trash everything, if all they need to do is tone it down?

And if they are going to waste time going through the game looking for "other issues", I might just rethink my Patreon support. Especially since what you might think of as an issue, I might think of as a feature. :)

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
I kind of wish they'd hang on to the update and release it after the game is completed. The cutting room floor outtake reel of scenes that never made it.

ucu32167

Jun 5, 2019
The part I underlined is what I based my previous post on. Why trash everything, if all they need to do is tone it down?

And if they are going to waste time going through the game looking for "other issues", I might just rethink my Patreon support. Especially since what you might think of as an issue, I might think of as a feature. :)
My understanding is they'll keep about 30% of the current update, and build on top of that.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
My understanding is they'll keep about 30% of the current update, and build on top of that.
Good. Sounds like a plan. Hope they can keep a lot more than 30% of the renders though. It's one thing to rewrite most of the scripts. It's quite another to re-render that much.

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019

You mean the game being retroactively bugged with every release as a feature? Suuure. :)

Why trash everything? Because it can give you a fresh start, as I mentioned, without being interrupted and led to the very same way you were before and now want to avoid.

Reactions: Priappus

Abhishek_tanwar

Feb 20, 2021
Hey ! guys help me out if i download compressed version of this game. is picture of effect quality is reduced in compressed version. let me know..... Thanks in advance.

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
Never heard of something like this happening before. At least they own their mistake, and plan to fix it. Dev of No More Secrets could learn a thing or two from them, about fixing horrible endings. ;)

Reactions: User1230

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
Just a heads up for those who aren't subscribed to the Pateron, this month's update has been cancelled. They by their own admission messed it up badly and have scrapped the whole update this month to redo it. Here's the post:

Hi

Bad news.

The update is finished. And I HATE it.

I don't know what to say. It's just bad. Don't get me wrong. The ideas and jokes that we put in there are still good. But add them all together and it just comes off as mean. The little jokes and teases between Lisa and Haley are good enough on their own. But now that they're all added together in one update, it comes off as if they almost hate each other. You know how they say that something is more than the sum of it's parts? Well, this is the opposite. This update is less than the sum of it's scenes.

Looking at it, we approached it the wrong way. We tried to hard to be funny, and didn't pay enough attention to the other aspects of the game.

We're just going to have to scrap it, and start over from the beginning. The beginning of the update, of course. We're just going to have to start over.

I'll be pausing the billing cycle for the end of this month, and we'll be starting over. So, you won't be charged again. But we just have to redo this whole update. I know you support us to finish Haley, and if we mess up an update like we did now, it's on us. Not on you.

The game has been going good up till now, and we don't want to ruin it now at the end.
We're gonna take a few days break, and relook at it with fresh eyes.

In summary. We're scrapping this month's update. Pausing the patreon billing, so you won't be charged. And we're redoing the update from the beginning.

Sorry to break it now, and like this. But we didn't see how it came of either until now. Now at the end, when we could go through it all in one sitting.

We hope you understand our postion. In that we don't want to release a bad update, just to realease something.

It's back to the drawing board for us. And we thank you for understanding. Though if you do want to swear at us, we'll understand.

Viit
That takes balls to do. Kudos to the developers for deciding to not put up something that is subpar to their vision and also for pausing Patreon for that month in order to do it.

Resch

Feb 4, 2020
That takes balls to do. Kudos to the developers for deciding to not put up something that is subpar to their vision and also for pausing Patreon for that month in order to do it.
Indeed!! That does take balls, but it is nice to see them doing the right thing by both re-doing the update AND pausing billing. I appreciate their hard work and effort to make things right. Hopefully other supporters will as well.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
I came to play this story only recently. Just wanted to say: well done.
But where is that sixth piece? 4 pieces of Lasagna are out of the pan, one is left inside. The pan can obviously hold six pieces. Who got the last one? Details, details ...

Last edited:

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Latest Patreon post:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Progress update

Hi

Over the past few days we sat down and came up with a new gameplan for the Lisa + Haley story. We've sifted through the images we made this month to see what can be used for the remade update, and what has to be completely dicarder. I'm happy to say that between a third and half of the renders can be put to use. So, we're not starting completely from scratch.

As promised, I've paused the billing cycle. It's my understanding that you're supposed to get a message about it at the end of the month.

Thank you all for your patience.

Viit

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Latest Patreon post:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Progress update

Hi

Over the past few days we sat down and came up with a new gameplan for the Lisa + Haley story. We've sifted through the images we made this month to see what can be used for the remade update, and what has to be completely dicarder. I'm happy to say that between a third and half of the renders can be put to use. So, we're not starting completely from scratch.

As promised, I've paused the billing cycle. It's my understanding that you're supposed to get a message about it at the end of the month.

Thank you all for your patience.

Viit
Thank you for sharing that here:) much appreciated

Reactions: Walter Victor

Ggwpglhf

Feb 1, 2020
I played this some time ago but I quit after the rape thingy, is there any options to avoid or lessen the whole ordeal with main LI actually being raped in current version/s?
I don't see a rape tag so got curious.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Alright, Could probably been have acheived with molestation or a manipulative authority "relationship" or whatever but thanks for the answer to my question.
It could have been achieved by any number of things, but it is what the developers decided to make it.

Actually it was molestation by a manipulative authority, with blackmail to boot.

4.20 star(s) 303 Votes