-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
So, I am playing this game and as I'm conversing with the characters this other dude shows up in the portrait pics? Who is he? When I carried Haley to her bed that character kept showing up in the portrait pics...idk..
I can't remember enough now to say who that might be. But that's a typical QC problem with this and other games by this dev team. Most likely the variable for the character speaking is one letter off from another or something.

Just as a generic example, let's say a game creates a character called you (that will be the MC); this information includes how the character's name shows up, what portrait they have, etc. Then later, let's say they have another character called youm (for "Young Man"). It's pretty easy to see how a typo can cause the wrong portrait to show up because the wrong character gets assigned as the speaker for some lines of dialogue.

But again, testing your own code and having beta testers run through it should identify this stuff so it gets corrected. If something like the above scenario is the problem, it's incredibly easy and fast to fix. That's what I mean by poor QC by this team of developers.

Oct 27, 2023
I can't remember enough now to say who that might be. But that's a typical QC problem with this and other games by this dev team. Most likely the variable for the character speaking is one letter off from another or something.

Just as a generic example, let's say a game creates a character called you (that will be the MC); this information includes how the character's name shows up, what portrait they have, etc. Then later, let's say they have another character called youm (for "Young Man"). It's pretty easy to see how a typo can cause the wrong portrait to show up because the wrong character gets assigned as the speaker for some lines of dialogue.

But again, testing your own code and having beta testers run through it should identify this stuff so it gets corrected. If something like the above scenario is the problem, it's incredibly easy and fast to fix. That's what I mean by poor QC by this team of developers.
It's not really a big deal but, I see what you mean...thanks for the reply..

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

StephanieD

Jan 16, 2023
If Haley is a natural redhead, then why does she have a black bush? That makes no sense.
And you can't say she dyed her hair either because her mom has red hair.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
If Haley is a natural redhead, then why does she have a black bush? That makes no sense.
And you can't say she dyed her hair either because her mom has red hair.
Ah, you're operating under the old untrue assumption that those have to match: (see myth #3). Haley's eyebrows (which are usually the better tell of pubic hair color) are darker. Maybe not black, but they are much closer to her bush color, which is more accurate to reality.

StephanieD

Jan 16, 2023
Ah, you're operating under the old untrue assumption that those have to match: (see myth #3). Haley's eyebrows (which are usually the better tell of pubic hair color) are darker. Maybe not black, but they are much closer to her bush color, which is more accurate to reality.
Right..... and next you'll be telling me those old black and white photos weren't taken in an alternate
reality with no color, or that the earth is not really flat but is round, or that chocolate milk doesn't come from
brown cows, or that asparagus aren't really made from dinosaurs! Smashing all my dreams one pube at a time!

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Right..... and next you'll be telling me those old black and white photos weren't taken in an alternate
reality with no color, or that the earth is not really flat but is round, or that chocolate milk doesn't come from
brown cows, or that asparagus aren't really made from dinosaurs! Smashing all my dreams one pube at a time!
Obviously they often match the hair, but I wouldn't get too hung up on that always being true. And obviously it's fair to have a preference that they match. IJS that it's not unrealistic that for Haley they don't. Shrug.png You're free to keep the dream alive, though. :p

Reactions: JungleNuts

Beduin123

Mar 29, 2023
Was enjoying this game a lot, then the bombshell - Haley allowed the teacher to take advantage of her, instantly lost all respect for her and all attraction to her as a character, ruined the game for me.
What are you talking about? In fact she was almost a child at the time. Confused, scared, immature. If you think you'd be all brave and logical in her situation, you just don't remember yourself as a teenager. Or you don't know life at all.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Was enjoying this game a lot, then the bombshell - Haley allowed the teacher to take advantage of her, instantly lost all respect for her and all attraction to her as a character, ruined the game for me.
This is a classic case of blackmail of a naive, underage girl by an authority figure. If you play further, you will discover that.

However, the world won't end if you stop playing. Do whatever.

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
What are you talking about? In fact she was almost a child at the time. Confused, scared, immature. If you think you'd be all brave and logical in her situation, you just don't remember yourself as a teenager. Or you don't know life at all.
I know that if my teacher wanted to fuck me I would say no. She was just a spineless people pleaser, it is not a trait that is related to being a teenager, but to her as a person, there are enough women that continue to act like that way past their adulthood, countless stories on the internet about it.

Beduin123

Mar 29, 2023
I know that if my teacher wanted to fuck me I would say no. She was just a spineless people pleaser, it is not a trait that is related to being a teenager, but to her as a person, there are enough women that continue to act like that way past their adulthood, countless stories on the internet about it.
The comment above yours just answers that. Blackmail and authority to put it short. Again, if you think only completely spineless people are affected by that, you are delusional.

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
The comment above yours just answers that. Blackmail and authority to put it short. Again, if you think only completely spineless people are affected by that, you are delusional.
I think that people that are affected by this are not the kind of people I am attracted to. I can feel sympathy for her, but the romance was ruined.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I think that people that are affected by this are not the kind of people I am attracted to. I can feel sympathy for her, but the romance was ruined.
So stop playing instead of judging a character for getting molested when they had none of the power and felt in danger if they didn't comply. You might want to consider taking your "civilized" opinion over to another game, since this one was "ruined" for you. Bye-bye.

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
So stop playing instead of judging a character for getting molested when they had none of the power and felt in danger if they didn't comply. You might want to consider taking your "civilized" opinion over to another game, since this one was "ruined" for you. Bye-bye.
I did stop playing. We all share our opinions here, sometimes we share our likes and dislike of characters. It is beyond silly to be salty at people for expressing their opinions on characters. I would like to point out that you could just ignore my comment and leave it there. I continued to reply because YOU engaged with me.

The:

So stop playing, Bye-bye.
And:

So, who cares who you attracted to? Don't play.
Can be said about Every. Single. Thing. that a person ever expresses about a game. Useless statement.

• Angry
Reactions: Walter Victor

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I did stop playing. We all share our opinions here, sometimes we share our likes and dislike of characters. It is beyond silly to be salty at people for expressing their opinions on characters. I would like to point out that you could just ignore my comment and leave it there. I continued to reply because YOU engaged with me.

The:

And:

Can be said about Every. Single. Thing. that a person ever expresses about a game. Useless statement.
The fact that you have a problem with a character doesn't change the fact that real people experience the very same thing. Saying somebody is "ruined" because they went through a tragedy like that is what I take issue with. If you were her neighbor IRL would you say the same thing? "I could see myself dating you, if only you weren't ruined by what happened to you. Oh, well, I'm sure somebody will take sloppy seconds." But here it's apparently OK because you're anonymous and Haley isn't real. Except that you've revealed your actual feelings on the matter. Don't be surprised when others take issue with that.

You're also equally capable of ignoring our comments and leaving things there. Maybe you should take your own advice.

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
The fact that you have a problem with a character doesn't change the fact that real people experience the very same thing. Saying somebody is "ruined" because they went through a tragedy like that is what I take issue with. If you were her neighbor IRL would you say the same thing? "I could see myself dating you, if only you weren't ruined by what happened to you. Oh, well, I'm sure somebody will take sloppy seconds." But here it's apparently OK because you're anonymous and Haley isn't real. Except that you've revealed your actual feelings on the matter. Don't be surprised when others take issue with that.

You're also equally capable of ignoring our comments and leaving things there. Maybe you should take your own advice.
Two things:

1) I don't like the fact that she allowed it to happen more than what happened. She felt ''sad'' for the teacher, it was basically pity sex. I don't like the kind of person she was that made it possible for the teacher to take advantage of her. I would honestly like her more if she was horny and seduced the teacher and enjoyed it, I like people with strong personalities. She exerted her weak personality though out the game more, but that was just the nail in the coffin for me.

2) It is perfectly normal to not want to date traumatized people. If someone is in a wheelchair it is perfectly acceptable to say that you don't want to deal with that and that maybe you would have dated them if they were not a cripple. Not that it makes them any less of a person that doesn't deserve empathy and respect, but at the same time you don't owe a relationship to anyone and you can choose what you want to deal with. It is the same exact thing for psychological trauma and mental issues.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
To many hijacking of this thread, hope a mod comes around soon.

4.20 star(s) 301 Votes