Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I often get confused with the term "pre-patch."
Is it the version before the patch is applied (before the patch), or
Is the version with the patch applied before release?

I presume that it usually means the latter.

It's like how bi-monthly can mean twice a month or every two months. ;)

Reactions: JohnEffinDoe

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I often get confused with the term "pre-patch."
Is it the version before the patch is applied (before the patch), or
Is the version with the patch applied before release?

I presume that it usually means the latter.

It's like how bi-monthly can mean twice a month or every two months. ;)
You presume correctly, in this case it means the latter: the patch has already been applied to the download.

You're not the only one who has been confused by this. *shrug* I count myself among that set. But the downloads here are from the SubscribeStar version, which contains the original incest content.

Have fun with the game.

Sabrac24

Oct 27, 2023
Just finished the game. I'm conflicted... It was awsome at the beginning, with a touching plot I must say, sadly, it looks like at 60% of the making the developer decided to abandone it for some reason leaving many things unanswered. I just don't get it. Even with that, It was an enjoyable experiencia. Haley's personality is very unique, I understand now why it is so recomended on reddit.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Just finished the game. I'm conflicted... It was awsome at the beginning, with a touching plot I must say, sadly, it looks like at 60% of the making the developer decided to abandone it for some reason leaving many things unanswered. I just don't get it. Even with that, It was an enjoyable experiencia. Haley's personality is very unique, I understand now why it is so recomended on reddit.
Yeah, that development team — including Viit, Ptolemy, and LikesBlondes — has a tendency to rush endings for some reason. Endings are one of the parts of a story that require a great amount of effort, more than most other parts of the story. You can have a great roller coaster, but if it ends by plummeting off a cliff the ride is suddenly a lot less enjoyable.

Sep 14, 2023
Yeah, that development team — including Viit, Ptolemy, and LikesBlondes — has a tendency to rush endings for some reason. Endings are one of the parts of a story that require a great amount of effort, more than most other parts of the story. You can have a great roller coaster, but if it ends by plummeting off a cliff the ride is suddenly a lot less enjoyable.
The ending with the 3some with the brown girl (sorry forgot her name), was okay. But then the rest was done quickly. And they started do some other stupid game, which I never liked, I wonder if that's the taming of brat or so...

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
The ending with the 3some with the brown girl (sorry forgot her name), was okay. But then the rest was done quickly. And they started do some other stupid game, which I never liked, I wonder if that's the taming of brat or so...
I agree that the ending with Sandra was the best (least rushed and best developed), and I think Andrea's was probably the next most fleshed out (but still less good). Lisa's was pretty rushed, and the other girls were pretty much just dropped entirely. The endings left many of us just scratching our heads. Sadly, since Ptolemy's previous game, Alexandra, was also rushed, I don't expect anything better from any of their current games, either.

Yes. The current games are:
The games are under those three different developer names, but since it's all the same team, they're all working on each of them. Also, I would point out that normally linking to other games isn't allowed by site rules, but since these are all by the same development team and additional examples of rushing things, I don't believe it violates Rule #2.4.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
I agree that the ending with Sandra was the best (least rushed and best developed), and I think Andrea's was probably the next most fleshed out (but still less good).
-CookieMonster666-
Just realized how many games and opinions we agree on - lol :sneaky:
And how often I see you on my favorite threads.
Almost scary......
Sorry I cut out a lot of the first comment, didn't want to seem like spamming and off-topic, while at first, I like Alexendra, it kind of just cut out what I was hunting when I first joined, those other games just meh for me. But Haley's Story was fun, remember played it twice, which is unusual for me, what can I say, bossy sister, :devilish: .

The only one that sticks out for me, that is on par with this while it IS super short (a sequel is coming too) is: Emi.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
-CookieMonster666-
Just realized how many games and opinions we agree on - lol :sneaky:
And how often I see you on my favorite threads.
Almost scary......
Haha, I noticed. Not sure how I'd not followed you before now, but I've fixed that. :)
Sorry I cut out a lot of the first comment, didn't want to seem like spamming and off-topic, while at first, I like Alexendra, it kind of just cut out what I was hunting when I first joined, those other games just meh for me. But Haley's Story was fun, remember played it twice, which is unusual for me, what can I say, bossy sister, :devilish: .

The only one that sticks out for me, that is on par with this while it IS super short (a sequel is coming too) is: Emi.
Oh, right. That's the same developer as of The Cabin. I haven't played Emi, but probably should. While I'm fairly open to a lot of games (or stories in general), I will say that they are of varying quality. I wasn't all that impressed with Life with Mary but I have liked Rebirth quite a bit overall (the storyline is much more interesting in Rebirth). Haley's Story was quite good generally, whereas The Taming of the Brat is middle-of-the-road to me.

The Taming of the Brat does have some decent parts (where the MC falls off the wagon one night, or when Belle talks briefly about her family and home situation). But it mostly takes a nonchalant stroll through daily life. And that's fine IMO, but even slice-of-life style should have something making it more interesting. You don't have to get out of the daily routine for the characters by addressing deeper matters. IRL I've had heart-to-hearts with family and still gone about daily routines.

The point is, I have the feeling that the team storyboards something like half a game and then wings the rest. Clearly that doesn't really work very well for them, given pacing challenges, cohesion issues, and the rushing of endings. If they put just a bit more effort into their projects, I think these could stand out quite a bit. Obviously that would increase their overall revenues as well, but it also would set a great standard for the industry in general.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
The Taming of the Brat does have some decent parts (where the MC falls off the wagon one night, or when Belle talks briefly about her family and home situation). But it mostly takes a nonchalant stroll through daily life. And that's fine IMO, but even slice-of-life style should have something making it more interesting. You don't have to get out of the daily routine for the characters by addressing deeper matters. IRL I've had heart-to-hearts with family and still gone about daily routines.
Obviously that would increase their overall revenues as well, but it also would set a great standard for the industry in general.

Speaking of, the new release is out.

Yeah, same as the Cabin, which I like to.

Another sly one you might check out, Banking on Bella, kind of a hidden gem, sorry if I'm being short, it's really like and kind of drunk, once I become more clear headed will reply properly, hopefully :coffee:

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Speaking of, the new release is out.

Yeah, same as the Cabin, which I like to.

Another sly one you might check out, Banking on Bella, kind of a hidden gem, sorry if I'm being short, it's really like and kind of drunk, once I become more clear headed will reply properly, hopefully :coffee:
Cool. I'll have to check the release. Oh, looks like several games I follow just had releases. Crap, I'm always so far behind in everything. LOL. I've followed way too many games, including Banking on Bella, which I've definitely enjoyed. PGS has done a great job with it so far, and I like that Pablo3000 is in that thread often. Long delays between releases, but each version has quite a bit of content (unless you avoid a bunch of the girls, I suppose). :)

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Cool. I'll have to check the release. Oh, looks like several games I follow just had releases. Crap, I'm always so far behind in everything. LOL. I've followed way too many games, including Banking on Bella, which I've definitely enjoyed. PGS has done a great job with it so far, and I like that Pablo3000 is in that thread often. Long delays between releases, but each version has quite a bit of content (unless you avoid a bunch of the girls, I suppose). :)
Yeah, but that's like a lot of games these days, or you get ones with quick updates but it's like 5-10 minutes of content, no one's ever happy, unless you got someone like Moonbox or Zorlun with the monthly beefy updates.

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
Yeah, but that's like a lot of games these days, or you get ones with quick updates but it's like 5-10 minutes of content, no one's ever happy, unless you got someone like Moonbox or Zorlun with the monthly beefy updates.
I've gotten into the habit of not touching incomplete games. Too many times, I've gotten invested in a story for it to be abandoned and I feel I've wasted my time and expectations. Now, I'll try a game, see if it's worth keeping an eye on, and wait for it to get a "Completed" tag. It's a long wait but worth it. Will download it here, play a bit of it, then go buy it on Steam if I think I'll continue playing it.

Reactions: JungleNuts

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
I've gotten into the habit of not touching incomplete games.
Agreed. If a dev regularly makes their scheduled releases (I'm not rigid about this; slippage is fine, but the releases have to arrive) and the game's in a later stage, I'll play it. Chapter three of a game that's already two months late? Screw that.

asahibito

Modder
Jan 17, 2021
Came across this game today. I noticed the download here has the gallery mod in it already. Is it up to date or should I download the linked mod?

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Came across this game today. I noticed the download here has the gallery mod in it already. Is it up to date or should I download the linked mod?
Can't remember, I only have the lewd patch which isn't needed since its pre-patched the multi-mod. Guess just open and see about the gallery.

asahibito

Modder
Jan 17, 2021
Can't remember, I only have the lewd patch which isn't needed since its pre-patched the multi-mod. Guess just open and see about the gallery.
Thanks for the response.

For posterity, and if someone searches this thread, the gallery is included in the pre-patched 1.1 download and is the same as the standalone gallery download.

The pre-patched 1.1 also includes a Save Names mod.

Reactions: JungleNuts
Oct 27, 2023
So, I am playing this game and as I'm conversing with the characters this other dude shows up in the portrait pics? Who is he? When I carried Haley to her bed that character kept showing up in the portrait pics...idk..

4.20 star(s) 302 Votes