bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
What was the developer thinking about when he wrote the 8 Chapter????

All the scene since the entry of Ashlyn is a complete nonsense.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And later

The first one it´s bad, but still can have a pass. MC it´s scared, or biting his tongue on behalf of Ashley. Ok, but I believe still you must have at least the chance of snap back. But the second one its a straight no-no

Last edited:

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
I mean the links in the first post under "Download". The links for Mac and android, for example, are still from ep7 v2
I knew you'd have answered this way. People are so predictable.

Still, I'm telling you - again - that Episode 8 is FREE and you can download it on the game's Patreon page.

Modjoc00l

Nov 10, 2020
And later

The first one it´s bad, but still can have a pass. MC it´s scared, or biting his tongue on behalf of Ashley. Ok, but I believe still you must have at least the chance of snap back. But the second one its a straight no-no
It has been a while since I played chapter 8, but as far as I remember I had for example the option of telling Ashley about the plot of Ashlyn.
Just because your choices led to "your" path doesn't mean its bad writing.
The writer is giving us options and picking a path like that, doesn't make much sense like you said, but its kinda your fault, not the writers.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
It has been a while since I played chapter 8, but as far as I remember I had for example the option of telling Ashley about the plot of Ashlyn.
Just because your choices led to "your" path doesn't mean its bad writing.
The writer is giving us options and picking a path like that, doesn't make much sense like you said, but its kinda your fault, not the writers.
It ain't happening. There is no such an option.

Anyway, I scored the most points I could get with her and I didn't tell her anything about what her sister is plotting. Nothing. Nada. Niente.

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
Ok. I must replay then paying more attention. But The only choice I remember is checking when Ashlyn open her legs, played both paths and I don´t remember getting the option of talking with Ashley about the plot of her evil sister.

Modjoc00l

Nov 10, 2020
Well, I could be wrong. Ottoeight seem to support that theory that I'm wrong.
But I don't know how much of "a beautiful mind" he got on with this game and really knows all possibilities.

I just know that I always decided in favor of Ashley from the beginning, even with the knowledge that she (up to this day) won't be a love interest. She was the reason I picked up this game.
I can't remember keeping any secrets from her in my playthrough.

Reactions: QBaSS
Dec 1, 2020
I knew you'd have answered this way. People are so predictable.

Still, I'm telling you - again - that Episode 8 is FREE and you can download it on the game's Patreon page.
Relax, no bad blood here.

I know Episode 8 is free through the game's Patreon page. I've already downloaded and played some time ago. Just thought: "since we have the links in the first post and the update is now free for all, why not request the updated links?".

If I could I'd update it myself, but I'm not a mod.

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
Well, I could be wrong. Ottoeight seem to support that theory that I'm wrong.
But I don't know how much of "a beautiful mind" he got on with this game and really knows all possibilities.

I just know that I always decided in favor of Ashley from the beginning, even with the knowledge that she (up to this day) won't be a love interest. She was the reason I picked up this game.
I can't remember keeping any secrets from her in my playthrough.
I have replayed the scene. No, you don´t have a choice to tell Alshley her sister´s plot. In fact, I have replayed choosing lean to Emily in the train, just in case it makes any diference, both looking Alshlin legs and no looking at, and it´s the same. No option to tell at all-

yunmaster

Aug 29, 2017
Is it normal for the game to take about 6 months to update?
It's not complete, but one update period?
I'm sorry if my question was rude.

bauman

Sep 11, 2018
It depends on the dev's creative process. The developer of Halfway House takes this long because he makes small non-canon stories for his highest paying patrons. This takes him about a month and a half after each release before work on the next one starts. Work on the latest episode began in mid-April and was 50% done a month ago, so we'll most likely see a release in the next month, give or take.

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
Well after Episode 8 was released, Az began working on bonus stuff, but not until a little while after, so I think it pushed things back a bit. There are certain games and developers who do take a while (DPC & Philly for instance) but I don't remember the exact date here when we've had an update. Last one was I think was maybe a month or so ago, maybe a bit more?

We'll just have to be see what happens and be patient about it that's all. Personally I've been waiting for several games I'm playing to update in the near future so it's hard to hold back my patience at times.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Some infos and a new EP9 teaser image (post from July 3, 2021):

Hey all!

I know I've been quiet for ages. I'm still alive and still working on the game full time. Haven't release any teasers before today because I was working on a big scene at Eli's garage.

Finally done with that so can show something new. As for the update as a whole, it's still a ways off. Still a lot of work to do. There's still 2 big scenes to do after this (50-150 renders/500-1000 lines).

And once that's done there's a big branching path I have to do with two big scenes each including animations. So all in all there's another 6 very big scenes to do. I know this isn't what everyone wanted to hear.... all I can say is this update will be the biggest one yet if that's any consolation.

So yeah... not ETA as of now. As always, anyone who feels that the long development time is unacceptable, please drop your pledge for now and come back when the update finally drops. For those that decide to stay no matter what, I'm super grateful.

Thanks,

Az.

Teaser pic "Meeting with Monroe...":
3July.jpg

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
Some infos and a new EP9 teaser image (post from July 3, 2021):
I appreciate the post KoGa, I must've missed it over the weekend. Sounds like it's going to be a massive update with a lot going on and the teaser image is certainly intriguing, really like Monroe's car too to be honest. Now that I know the information from that post I guess I should relax and wait for it. I am very interested for sure to see where this update goes with my girl Emily. Naturally I'm curious about the stuff with Ash and her family but Emily's LOVE route is most certainly my main focus.

Thanks again for the repost. (y)

save8lot

Apr 7, 2021
So I am just finding out about the "Bonus Scenes". I Grabbed the first two free ones from the Patreon Page. Has anyone shared any of the others here?

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Work on the latest episode began in mid-April and was 50% done a month ago, so we'll most likely see a release in the next month, give or take.
That would be amazing.

We'll just have to be see what happens and be patient about it that's all. Personally I've been waiting for several games I'm playing to update in the near future so it's hard to hold back my patience at times.
I am with you there, I have practically given up on a few I've really liked that are way past the 6 month mark (not really, hope springs eternal), but there are quite a few newly released updates that tide me over waiting for HH. Based on your signature of your favorites, have you tried Single Again, Defending Lydia Collier, or My Pleasure? Graphically they are not at the Halfway House level (more like Hillside, which I love, or Avalon graphics-wise) but they are quite fun to play and have very reasonable amount of content so far.

Reactions: Raidenx
4.30 star(s) 172 Votes