TommyTuba

Engaged Member
Aug 2, 2017
View attachment 1381451

Commas matter! haha! Just kidding! Nice game, dev! It's cool to find a game that I don't just skip through the dialogues. Keep the good work (but watch the commas, hehe)! One thing I must say though... I hope the next update will be called "The Revenge of the Blue Balls" because during those 8 chapters I only banged one girl (not counting wanking or BJs) and I've seen more of the MC's dick peeing than I have seen pussy! This is the only thing that gotta change.
Best MILF in the business!

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Yeah was starting to be a big favorite for me, now im sure, this game will not going anywhere, cancelled my sub end of july, but was sure than that the DEV will complete this game someday, not anymore i have to admit. The DEV is not interested in developing the game or the story anymore, or just burned out... to be positive, he stopped to charge the patreons, but rather late in my opinion... dont think there was much work done for the next chapter after may. At may the episode was about 50% done, and i would say, that didnt changed. mostly he has done some pointless bonus scenes to keep patreon alive for a time being i would say... but that has stopped too.

Its very very sad though, i have do admit the characters in this game are one of my absolute favorites, even better than in beadik. Especially Samantha and Emily. but at this point the game is still in the "introduction" phase, the MC and girls are just getting to know each other some more... in my opinion the game is in a state where a real story arch for everyone has to start, and this is growing above the head of the dev. And the last episode is a good evidence for that... the story about ashleys rich family must be a big one, but i dont know how to implement this if the only main LI is emily... and i think thats something the dev realised himself.

I was really hooked up with the game about Chapter 1-6, but now i see, this project is to big for the DEV in the long run, or the DEV is just burned out, the next update will not be out in this year, and i can see the onhold/abandoned tag come around in the new year. *sigh*

Last edited:

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
Yep, he's still in the introductory phases of the storyline, and he sounds so burned out. Unless a miracle happens, this isn't getting a completed tag, which is very unfortunate.
Yeah was starting to be a big favorite for me, now im sure, this game will not going anywhere, cancelled my sub end of july, but was sure than that the DEV will complete this game someday, not anymore i have to admit. The DEV is not interested in developing the game or the story anymore, or just burned out... to be positive, he stopped to charge the patreons, but rather late in my opinion... dont think there was much work done for the next chapter after may. At may the episode was about 50% done, and i would say, that didnt changed. mostly he has done some pointless bonus scenes to keep patreon alive for a time being i would say... but that has stopped too.

Its very very sad though, i have do admit the characters in this game are one of my absolute favorites, even better than in beadik. Especially Samantha and Emily. but at this point the game is still in the "introduction" phase, the MC and girls are just getting to know each other some more... in my opinion the game is in a state where a real story arch for everyone has to start, and this is growing above the head of the dev. And the last episode is a good evidence for that... the story about ashleys rich family must be a big one, but i dont know how to implement this if the only main LI is emily... and i think thats something the dev realised himself.

I was really hooked up with the game about Chapter 1-6, but now i see, this project is to big for the DEV in the long run, or the DEV is just burned out, the next update will not be out in this year, and i can see the onhold/abandoned tag come around in the new year. *sigh*
I have to agree on this game on being a favorite, even though I came into it after Ep. 8 was released, I've been keeping it active and doing my Emily LOVE runs and the more I kept doing it, the more I wanted new content which never came, and now, the game is off my hard drive until I see some progress or good news on its release. Emily is one of my favorite girls and it's sad to see a game like this that shows so much promise be left in limbo.

Only having one LI is going to hurt this game as people want Ash to be one also, especially a lot of whatever comes up in whatever forthcoming updates will be about Ashley and dealing with her family.

We're basically helping her solve her issues but what's the reward? her being nicer to us all the while possibly making Emily angry if we tell her to move back in with her family? I mean Em hates being left out of things and you know she's going to have a lot to say. The poor MC is in the middle of all this and it's not going to be pretty.

There's a lot to think about in this game going forward; the MC's relationship (either Corruption or Love with Emily), Ash's family life, you have the MC so far who has only done one day of work so his life needs to be lived a bit more. Emily wants to find where Julie is and she'll probably do so with the MC's help, Samantha's storyline has to play out and you have wherever events are going to be happening at the halfway house....

Just so much to do and to plan and if progress is this slow now, what's it going to be like further into development?

I really hope this game comes back from the limbo that it's in. It would be very sad if it doesn't.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
I have to agree on this game on being a favorite, even though I came into it after Ep. 8 was released, I've been keeping it active and doing my Emily LOVE runs and the more I kept doing it, the more I wanted new content which never came, and now, the game is off my hard drive until I see some progress or good news on its release. Emily is one of my favorite girls and it's sad to see a game like this that shows so much promise be left in limbo.

Only having one LI is going to hurt this game as people want Ash to be one also, especially a lot of whatever comes up in whatever forthcoming updates will be about Ashley and dealing with her family.

We're basically helping her solve her issues but what's the reward? her being nicer to us all the while possibly making Emily angry if we tell her to move back in with her family? I mean Em hates being left out of things and you know she's going to have a lot to say. The poor MC is in the middle of all this and it's not going to be pretty.

There's a lot to think about in this game going forward; the MC's relationship (either Corruption or Love with Emily), Ash's family life, you have the MC so far who has only done one day of work so his life needs to be lived a bit more. Emily wants to find where Julie is and she'll probably do so with the MC's help, Samantha's storyline has to play out and you have wherever events are going to be happening at the halfway house....

Just so much to do and to plan and if progress is this slow now, what's it going to be like further into development?

I really hope this game comes back from the limbo that it's in. It would be very sad if it doesn't.
True. This game can't even be a called a slow burn when it has no kindling to spark an ember upon. It's like being in one of those dreams where you are running as fast as you can, but you're moving in slow motion. I feel like at ep. 8 we should be much further along in the romance (and the storyline). Is this supposed to be a love story like Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon where it takes years for the love birds to even acknowledge their feelings? I hope not.

I'll never understand the decision to allow only one of the main three girls to be an LI. And then to drip feed Emily content? I ask myself, why am I spending so much time with Ash and Sam if nothing is ever going to come of it.

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
True. This game can't even be a called a slow burn when it has no kindling to spark an ember upon. It's like being in one of those dreams where you are running as fast as you can, but you're moving in slow motion. I feel like at ep. 8 we should be much further along in the romance (and the storyline). Is this supposed to be a love story like Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon where it takes years for the love birds to even acknowledge their feelings? I hope not.

I'll never understand the decision to allow only one of the main three girls to be an LI. And then to drip feed Emily content? I ask myself, why am I spending so much time with Ash and Sam if nothing is ever going to come of it.
Couldn't have said it better myself my friend. Plus, the flirting with Shiho means nothing if all it does is piss off Emily

Reactions: MadCarryPotter

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Couldn't have said it better myself my friend. Plus, the flirting with Shiho means nothing if all it does is piss off Emily
I'm just annoyed because a lot of my favourite games are either being continually delayed or are taking longer and longer to release an update. I give a lot of leeway to single devs who work a day job, but damn...I don't know how many more 6+ month production cycles I can take. 3-4 months used to be the norm. Now 6-7 months (or longer) seem to be it.
--This is a general statement, not directed specifically at this dev.

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
I'm just annoyed because a lot of my favourite games are either being continually delayed or are taking longer and longer to release an update. I give a lot of leeway to single devs who work a day job, but damn...I don't know how many more 6+ month production cycles I can take. 3-4 months used to be the norm. Now 6-7 months (or longer) seem to be it.
That's why I removed so many games from my arsenal, just tired of waiting for shit to come about. A certain game in my sig I'm never going to stop playing despite the crap dev involved with it, but this game hurts for it not to be done. I wrote a 40+-page fanfic that would beat anything this game brought me.

I did a run of this game about two weeks ago before I removed it and it was heartbreaking for me to think it could never progress further. I'll put it back on when, and if, we see any good Ep. 9 news come down the pike.

Reactions: Kellermann

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
The dev is already struggling with the story of one LI imagine adding a couple more.
Exactly, i get it that many people want a building relationship with Ashley, Samantha or others... but imagine this, and whats going on storywise so far... this would be way to much to handle, really... and the DEV is already burned out, how in the world should he handle different love-branches too? Its a wise decision to minimalize the branches if you want to tell a good story... but maybe it would be wise too to not introduce other girls if you dont plan on building up something with them... Shiho is nice and all, but nobody would have missed her if she never made it in the game.

Samantha is already out of a possible relationship, what is a good choice... of course it will get more and more juicy with her, but it wont lead to something serious, thats very clear, and she made it very clear.

On the Ashley route there are some hints shown that she might be really interested in the MC (besides the sex) but i think her Story-arch will kill every relationship possibilites in the long run.

So if you played the game and paid good attention, its clear that the only real LI will be emily... Iam okay with that. Keep it simple if you dont want things to grow way over your head.

But the DEV already hinted some Story things that will be huge, we are already at epsiode 8 and nothing really gets going. It still feels like day 1-2. Relationships are not really going, Storywise nothing really happened so far... but there is so much already hinted that must be resolved, Emilys friend, Ashleys Family (which will be a big part i guess, this one cant be handled in 2-3 episodes) Samantha has something going on... And overall, they are in a social-rehab system, this wasnt a point until now really. All together this will need at least another 8-10 episodes... to branch everything into multiple relationships will be just to much.

But i think it doesnt matter anyways, its already clear that the DEV cant handle this stuff, he burned out, cant deliver the episodes as he wants, and did no progress on developing since May or June. It would be a huge surprise if we get another good episode this year. And an even bigger surprise if this game will be complete in a good way. Other games shared this fate already, sometimes they get finishes in a rush, which turned out to be worse than to be abondoned. (i hate i if a game gets the complete tag and is miles away of being complete cause it just rushed to the finish with no good conclusion)

Its really sad cause Halfway house is awesome and got some of the best characters around here.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
A lot of this has to do with the fact that most devs are essentially amateurs with no prior experience in making a game whatsoever. All they had was an idea, then they learned the basic coding/rendering to create the game. Then the game started off well, but the real challenge in making a game is actually completing it. It's always easy to have an idea of something, but it's much much much more difficult to fill it up until the end.

If you're asked to write a superhero story, you'd immediately have an idea of the hero beating the villain. You might even have an idea of what the superpower the hero has. But then once you go deeper, you'd start to struggle. How does the hero get the superpower? What's the limitation of the power? Do the other people know that the hero has this power? If the hero has a normal life, what is it? Does the hero have love interest? Does the love interest get involved in the main story at all? Who is the villain? What's the villain's motive? Does the villain actually have reasonable chance to win? And so many more questions that you need to answer.

This is why so many games here suddenly struggled after a while. Introduction is often easy because it's the fresh idea that the dev has. But then comes along the middle part that moves along the plot and suddenly the devs started getting stuck at answering the questions on how to move the game forward because they didn't know what to do. This is also why I wish most devs would start smaller to begin with. Complete that first so they'd know what their capability is before making something bigger.

Specifically for this game, I wish the dev would just not add more love interest. There's really nothing wrong with the game only having 3 love interests.

4.30 star(s) 182 Votes