ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
I just am genuinely amazed how this thread ran for what, a hundred pages, without a game update?
That is something you normally only see with the big milkers.
Not saying dev here is a milker, just saying those are usually the threads that go on and on without having anything new to discuss.
Sign of a committed following, or fans with too much time on their hands? Whatever the answer it's an indication of an intriguing game. It doesn't always happen & could be taken as a compliment by the Dev [& I speak as a veteran of the AWAM thread].

caravaggio

May 8, 2017
I just am genuinely amazed how this thread ran for what, a hundred pages, without a game update?
That is something you normally only see with the big milkers.
Not saying dev here is a milker, just saying those are usually the threads that go on and on without having anything new to discuss.
I don't think that's true at all. You "normally" see this with every good game, Being a Dik, City of Broken Dreamers, recently even with Our Red String (given that usually it has faster releases) and so on, slow updates but committed fans.
With the "milkers" (a label applied a bit too lightly in my opinion) you usually see ever growing rants, complains and weird theories..

Reactions: Mortarion

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
I don't think that's true at all. You "normally" see this with every good game, Being a Dik, City of Broken Dreamers, recently even with Our Red String (given that usually it has faster releases) and so on, slow updates but committed fans.
With the "milkers" (a label applied a bit too lightly in my opinion) you usually see ever growing rants, complains and weird theories..
I explicitly said, that I'm not saying the dev is a milker. My post was positive, otherwise I wouldn't have used the word amazed.
And yes, of course they are ever-growing rants and complaints in the threads for the big milker, that is the reason the threads keep on exploding. I also didn't NAME any devs specifically, so HOW can you judge whether I apply the label too lightly?

And no, not all threads for "good" (see I can use quotation marks as well) games, run like crazy without updates for six months, at least not all run more than a hundred pages during that time, not to mention that both BaDik and Broken Dreamers are on a completely different level when it comes to popularity than Halfway House is.
But hey, if you want to needlessly start a discussion with me over something I perceived as positive, be my guest. I mean, I won't be participating, but you do you.

Jesus!

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Sign of a committed following, or fans with too much time on their hands? Whatever the answer it's an indication of an intriguing game. It doesn't always happen & could be taken as a compliment by the Dev [& I speak as a veteran of the AWAM thread].
Definitely, that's why I wrote that I found it amazing. It is positive, when there's so much to discuss about a game without a recent update, when it's NOT just rants and people complaining and being angry.

Reactions: GroPin

caravaggio

May 8, 2017
I explicitly said, that I'm not saying the dev is a milker. My post was positive, otherwise I wouldn't have used the word amazed.
And yes, of course they are ever-growing rants and complaints in the threads for the big milker, that is the reason the threads keep on exploding. I also didn't NAME any devs specifically, so HOW can you judge whether I apply the label too lightly?

And no, not all threads for "good" (see I can use quotation marks as well) games, run like crazy without updates for six months, at least not all run more than a hundred pages during that time, not to mention that both BaDik and Broken Dreamers are on a completely different level when it comes to popularity than Halfway House is.
But hey, if you want to needlessly start a discussion with me over something I perceived as positive, be my guest. I mean, I won't be participating, but you do you.

Jesus!
Hey dude, sorry if you thought I was attacking, but chill out.

I don't wanna argue, I just pointed out that the behaviour that you said was normal for milkers, to me was normal for lots of good games.

Also the label thing was totally a generic statement, not directed to you, sorry if you felt that way.

Username1337

Sep 3, 2017
guys read the threads
tl;dr Sorry, but that kind of logic is worse than just asking a question in the first place. The kind of b.s. that leads to googling a problem and finding threads ending with "just google it" as an answer.

I just read through this thread from a while back. Lots of "game is off my harddrive" and "i'm done waiting" and "it was my favorite" type posts. Why should people have to sift through the irrelevant discussion hoping for a specific tidbit of information when they can just post a question? On top of that even if the dev said early next year, the topic still gets "another month and no eta" updates so it'd be normal to wonder if the early next year thing was accurate info.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
I usually tell people to use the top right hand search bar whenever most people ask questions as many times they can find the answer to what they are looking for very easily by typing in update - password - abandoned and so on. Just make sure it's set to this thread only.

Before searching a thread the first thing people should do is go to their patreon and see what new info there is but many fail to do this.

minoslune

Aug 17, 2017
Man this game is amazing, I always find that the best novels in here have are on some kind of break or delay but I guess this ones worth waiting. Thanks for the game!

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
tl;dr Sorry, but that kind of logic is worse than just asking a question in the first place. The kind of b.s. that leads to googling a problem and finding threads ending with "just google it" as an answer.

I just read through this thread from a while back. Lots of "game is off my harddrive" and "i'm done waiting" and "it was my favorite" type posts. Why should people have to sift through the irrelevant discussion hoping for a specific tidbit of information when they can just post a question? On top of that even if the dev said early next year, the topic still gets "another month and no eta" updates so it'd be normal to wonder if the early next year thing was accurate info.
The answer to your question is: It is called netiquette.

A forum isnt a search engine where you type your question and receive an answer. But forums like this actually include a search engine as an extra tool/feature/enhancement to exactly avoid what you are asking for. Every single post is using storage - different from a search. That means you create extra storage for backups etc just because you are lazy. Dont expect others to support your laziness.

4.30 star(s) 182 Votes