Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
This is why so many games here suddenly struggled after a while. Introduction is often easy because it's the fresh idea that the dev has. But then comes along the middle part that moves along the plot and suddenly the devs started getting stuck at answering the questions on how to move the game forward because they didn't know what to do. This is also why I wish most devs would start smaller to begin with. Complete that first so they'd know what their capability is before making something bigger.
Yeah that's why, at the very least, you need to have an outline of the entire story/plot if not the all of the rough draft writing done ahead of time. If you're just making up everything on the fly, then all that means is the midway point of the story will be muddled and the ending will be lackluster. Again, generally speaking. I'm not saying this dev hasn't an outline but many other devs just go into it blind. I quite enjoy the story in this game so far.

Specifically for this game, I wish the dev would just not add more love interest. There's really nothing wrong with the game only having 3 love interests.
True, but essentially we are only allowed one main LI, Emily. She is apparently our destined girl from what I've read. That's the part that is truly baffling to me. So much time is spent on Sam and Ash (whom I like very much), but to what end? Why spend so much more quality time with other non-LIs than our "chosen one." Choice, especially regarding LIs, is a main attraction in these types of games. How difficult would it be at this point to write some LI endings with Sam and Ash, as well as Emily? You can even keep the big decision until near the end so you don't have to deviate much from the planned story. That's a revision that I think could actually work despite it not being in the original script.

Jan 24, 2020
I think the Dev here is building all the scenes from the ground up so will take an enormous ammount of time to do. great story so far though and i love the characters.

Reactions: m1st3r1

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Is this game abandoned ?
No. Well, not officially. The dev has paused Patreon billing until CH 9 comes out. And he just posted a progress update on the 14th.
Unfortunately, most of my favorite games, are on the 1 year release cycle plan. Halfway House looks like it will be joining them. Az has always been one of the slower devs around, but he has slowly drifted from 5 months to 6 months to now a year (I expect).

I just want to add that Halfway House is definately worth it. It's one of my absolute favorite games here. I just wish the dev would spend less time on special scenes and focus a little more on the game, but that is just me. If it helps bring in money so he continues with the game and actually completes it, without rushing to an unsatisfying conclusion like so many devs these days, the wait will all have been worth it.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
Any news on this?
It's a great game but I'm somewhat inclined to put it in the warning thread
Nothing yet it would seem. Took it off my hard drive until we hear some good news about it, for right now it seems to be in limbo. His last Patreon post was about Mari's clubbing outfit, otherwise, no update news. We're in a very long holding pattern it seems.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Nothing yet it would seem. Took it off my hard drive until we hear some good news about it, for right now it seems to be in limbo. His last Patreon post was about Mari's clubbing outfit, otherwise, no update news. We're in a very long holding pattern it seems.
Well, there are some "regulary "patreon posts from him. I (as a small patron) get them per email, and they are mostly not posted on his patreon page. I quick checked: there were three posts in July, one in August and this one from Sept. 4th, Titel "Mmmph!":

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
Well, there are some "regulary "patreon posts from him. I (as a small patron) get them per email, and they are mostly not posted on his patreon page. I quick checked: there were three posts in July, one in August and this one from Sept. 4th, Titel "Mmmph!":
Nice to see some new Emily stuff, especially at Eli's garage. wonder why he had to cover her mouth for, but she's still so adorable. Man I miss her! Thanks for the update post. (y)

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018

Got some ETA questions from folks and I felt the need to reiterate:
Another month is coming up and bad news is there's still no ETA for those wondering.
Good news is, at this time EP9 is bigger than the entirety of EP8 and there's still a lot of game to do. EP9 looks to be like an episode and a half at this point. And since I'm pausing monthly charges until it's out I feel like I can take my time and do it right and not cut corners too much.
Anyhoo, those renders up there shows a little bit of what I've been up to since the last post. Some extension of an old environment and a new custom one. Plus a bonus render that nobody asked for.
Other than that, there's not much else to say... I know dev time has been dragging on but it is coming and I am working on it every day.
PEACE!
Az.

Still a quite long ride ahead, moreover it doesnt look like 2021 release...Hopefully there will be some proper action, finally, for dear mc.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
I think it would be better if he hires someone to help with renders. It's less money at the beginning but faster updates can attract more patrons too.

TommyTuba

Engaged Member
Aug 2, 2017
Unfortunately, most of my favorite games, are on the 1 year release cycle plan. Halfway House looks like it will be joining them. Az has always been one of the slower devs around, but he has slowly drifted from 5 months to 6 months to now a year (I expect).

I just want to add that Halfway House is definately worth it. It's one of my absolute favorite games here. I just wish the dev would spend less time on special scenes and focus a little more on the game, but that is just me. If it helps bring in money so he continues with the game and actually completes it, without rushing to an unsatisfying conclusion like so many devs these days, the wait will all have been worth it.
Has the best milf I’ve seen in a game for sure.

Reactions: babadunde

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
7 Months and cant even give an estimate doesn't bode too well imo. Like you should know if your 50% done with renders...or 20% done w/e it is. Not holding my breath on a release this year, too bad I really liked this one.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
I just am genuinely amazed how this thread ran for what, a hundred pages, without a game update?
That is something you normally only see with the big milkers.
Not saying dev here is a milker, just saying those are usually the threads that go on and on without having anything new to discuss.

4.30 star(s) 182 Votes