Sep 21, 2017
Friendly reminder that just because Emily is the only LI, doesn't mean the other ladies can't have full stories. Also doesn't mean MC won't be an important part of those stories. So Ashley can still have a redemption arc, Ashlynn can learn it takes more than being haughty to succeed in high society, Shiho can come out of her shell, Piper can get shagged rotten,and Sam can... uhh... solve whatever her problem is supposed to be. Probably getting a man so she isn't having sex with her "inmates."
I mean, I get being upset at not getting the pairing you want in the ending, it's a valid criticism. But people are acting like that means the other characters no longer exist, or won't have endings at all, which is crazy.
NO! sam is the mistress that I/MC will always have in the back pocket...she will do ANYTHING as long as she's part of the harem :poop: :poop: :poop:

JuniorAT

Dec 25, 2017
Still patiently waiting for the next episode. So many goals/wishes for the story I hope the dev will include. Continue to have a secret sexual relationship with Sam. Make a deal with Ashlynn for sexual favors, or form a genuine relationship with her because I immensely prefer her over Ashley. Make some money and spend it on Piper. Fuck Ashley's boss on the side. And lastly allow the MC to propose to Emily before the end of the story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Zero141214

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
I personally have no problems with Em being the only LI other than the fact that Shiho isn't one. They're catty back and forth is pretty good and entertaining in my book. I also don't mind the slow burn of Emily (I'm a BaD Jill guy, so nothing's slower than that) as long as the story evolves and they finally admit their feelings for one another and they're honest with each other, and themselves, but the MC needs to get serious about things. Emily won't take a lot of his shit and hopefully she'll teach him how to grow up a bit.

I'm not big on Ashley (reminds me way too much of Quinn from BaD) or Sam or any of Sam's friends, but I think hamstringing players who want more from the other girls wasn't the best idea. As a writer, I can see where Az is coming from, but as a player, I see that side as well.

Hopefully when E9 drops next year it'll be something that's really worth the wait.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
I think it really depends on how the relationships develop with the non-LIs. If players have the option to continue to interact with (date?) Ash and Sam and maybe a few others throughout most of the game and then finally go exclusive with Emily in the final act, I think that would be ok for most. If the main difference between Emily and the others is only that you don't get an epilogue with a non-LI stating..."and they lived happily ever after," then I wouldn't mind at all being pigeonholed with one official LI. If it's a situation where, in the next chapter or two, Emily requires you to be exclusive and interactions with the other girls are greatly diminished or cut off then that would be a real let down. What is the purpose of even teasing non-LI main girl relationship content in the early game and why not clearly advertise Emily as the only LI? I didn't realise until deep in the game that Emily was our chosen one. I think it was reading this thread that I finally discovered my MC's fate. Having one LI just defeats the purpose (and the main appeal) of AVNs and that is: player choice with love/sex.

Again, I might have been more pro-Emily if her relationship with MC was clear in the beginning and hints of love were flashed. Honestly, she didn't even seem like an LI with the glacial pace of the romance. I'm not talking lewd scenes, but just any kind of early warm feelings. Until recently, things have felt tepid with her at best. I guess I've never been that interested in Tsundere types. If I don't feel that spark in the beginning, I probably never will. If Halfway House is ultimately the story of Emily and MC, then I'd rather see a strong early attraction and then have something or someone come between them. An obstacle that they must overcome to be together.

All that said, I've really enjoyed playing this game. I still rank it very high. The story draws you in, the graphics are appealing, the girls look natural, and at the end of an episode I'm always curious about what will happen next.

Frideno

Nov 6, 2016
Friendly reminder that just because Emily is the only LI, doesn't mean the other ladies can't have full stories. Also doesn't mean MC won't be an important part of those stories. So Ashley can still have a redemption arc, Ashlynn can learn it takes more than being haughty to succeed in high society, Shiho can come out of her shell
Yes, but will it have multiple endings though? My biggest issue is most likely because i have no real interest in Emily as a character and i also dislike forced relationships in visual novels where you are supposed to play as the MC. I would rather the MC stay single than end up with Emily. So hopefully that might be a choice.

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
Yes, but will it have multiple endings though? My biggest issue is most likely because i have no real interest in Emily as a character and i also dislike forced relationships in visual novels where you are supposed to play as the MC. I would rather the MC stay single than end up with Emily. So hopefully that might be a choice.
Well, Emily has two scores; Love and Corruption.

I'm guessing there might be one for each? I don't really know.

My scores right now for Em sit at 40 L/10 C, I have no idea what a corruption ending would be like unless she's just much more open and daring doing things. *shrug*

Frideno

Nov 6, 2016

My scores right now for Em sit at 40 L/10 C, I have no idea what a corruption ending would be like unless she's just much more open and daring doing things. *shrug*
Okay, in my main playthrough i think i had the lowest in both. Always picked the bad option because i didn't really want to be on her path.

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
Okay, in my main playthrough i think i had the lowest in both. Always picked the bad option because i didn't really want to be on her path.
Yeah the problem is though there is no other path but hers; yeah you can mess with Sam and Ash, but at the end of the game, Emily's score is what counts, so unless Az turns either of those two girls I mentioned full-blown LIs, you're stuck with Em either way.

Ash certainly has the makings of one after the C8 meeting with her family. Sam right out of the gate could've been a choice too. Don't know what Az has planned, but I personally love Emily, and since none of the others matter anyway, I don't bother with them and I even stay away from messing with Shiho, and that's not easy for me to do at all.

Sep 21, 2017

so far barely any corruption at all...all goody two shoes bit..

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
Hey guys, just a question, not a criticism...
but is one update a year is what a new player can expect from this game or are there extinuating circumstances behind a delay in releases?
The public consensus is that Az was overwhelmed, maybe a creative block or two, with it being their first game, maybe initially bit off more than they can handle.

I came around JUST after E8 was released, so I personally haven't dealt with updates yet for this game.

I would like to think it's not going to be a common occurrence, but who knows.

DeedleConcord

Oct 3, 2021
there's 4 women and 2 rarely seen guys. that's kinda small
I'd assume you're counting Em, Sam, Ashley, and Shiho as the women? Because I'd also count Ashlynn and Piper. Arguments could even be made for Sam's friends.
Though I agree that there's not necessarily too many characters. I do think it's a bit late in the story to be introducing characters (and their attendant plot threads, so streamlining might be on point), but it's Az's show, he can prove me wrong. (Also, Piper is pure sex to me, so I don't mind her introduction for purely selfish reasons.)

matt2c2

Jan 26, 2018
I'd assume you're counting Em, Sam, Ashley, and Shiho as the women? Because I'd also count Ashlynn and Piper. Arguments could even be made for Sam's friends.
Though I agree that there's not necessarily too many characters. I do think it's a bit late in the story to be introducing characters (and their attendant plot threads, so streamlining might be on point), but it's Az's show, he can prove me wrong. (Also, Piper is pure sex to me, so I don't mind her introduction for purely selfish reasons.)
emily, Samantha, ashley and shiho are the only ones with clear flirting and set up for central theme scenes. I don't count the cameo girls who MIGHT get one or two scenes before doing a ninja dissapearing act.

Sep 21, 2017
emily, Samantha, ashley and shiho are the only ones with clear flirting and set up for central theme scenes. I don't count the cameo girls who MIGHT get one or two scenes before doing a ninja dissapearing act.
oh man i forgot about that asian ass shiho...mmm...a house visit from her would like make for some interesting beer story...

criestoomuch

Oct 22, 2020
Shiho's just there to make Emily jealous and speed up her development. Samantha's borderline. I think you'd have to abandon some of the realism this game sets up in order to be with her. In a happily ever after romantic sense at least. She's fine as someone you fuck around with during the events of the game.

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
Shiho's just there to make Emily jealous and speed up her development. Samantha's borderline. I think you'd have to abandon some of the realism this game sets up in order to be with her. In a happily ever after romantic sense at least. She's fine as someone you fuck around with during the events of the game.
Not having Shiho as an LI is torturous for me since I love Japanese women. It's so hard to not mess with her but I love seeing Em get jealous and catty

screenshot1033.png

screenshot1034.png

4.30 star(s) 182 Votes