bauman

Sep 11, 2018
I'm guessing this Dev works on this game as a side-job? It's been almost 10 months since the last chapter released. Not criticizing: If that's what it takes, then that's that. But I would like to (somewhat) know what the planning is/was to get the game in a finished state.
Unfortunately, I doubt he has a viable long-term plan. Az works slow and follows the when-its-done approach. He's more of an artist than a manager. We're 2.5 years in, and the game is still in the introductory phase of the story. Unless he evaluates and completely overhauls the development process, HH isn't getting a completed tag.

clamp360

Apr 29, 2020
On the bright side, he's willing to recognize when he's been taking too long and pause payments. However, I feel like this methodology is very prone to creating an even slower working pace since the pressure is off.

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
On the bright side, he's willing to recognize when he's been taking too long and pause payments. However, I feel like this methodology is very prone to creating an even slower working pace since the pressure is off.
Some people need the pressure to be off to step back, take a breath, and relax. Pausing the payments was a good idea and I wish other devs would do the same if they haven't released anything in a long while. We basically think that he got overwhelmed with meeting deadlines or release times, theoretical or otherwise.

I mean, shit, life hasn't exactly been easy the last two years either, but for Az to take a step back, and take inventory of the situation, I think it was a good idea.

clamp360

Apr 29, 2020
Some people need the pressure to be off to step back, take a breath, and relax. Pausing the payments was a good idea and I wish other devs would do the same if they haven't released anything in a long while. We basically think that he got overwhelmed with meeting deadlines or release times, theoretical or otherwise.

I mean, shit, life hasn't exactly been easy the last two years either, but for Az to take a step back, and take inventory of the situation, I think it was a good idea.
Don't get me wrong, it was the right choice. I'm just pointing out that it isn't a panacea and has its own potential problems.

Finyx

Mar 9, 2020
Have you ever tried to write a cohesive story that can stand on it's own? It's hard, now add in choices and somewhat branching paths to the mix, get's harder, now we add good renders and animations on top of that and you have quite the beast on your hands. If you don't outsource some of the workload and want to keep your level of quality high it is going to take a while for someone, that I'm guessing is kinda new to this, to put out updates.
Just because some devs are greedy fucks, not all of them are, my dude.
Pls dont feel offended but at least Halfway House dont have any branching paths anymore some could say the dev made it easy for himself and cut off all patch except Emily.This sounds unfair but it was clear at least for me that this game had 3 different Li's.I loved Samantha,flirty,no giant breasts like so many other "milfs" and she seems to be attracted towards the mc right from the beginning.I was really shocked when he announced that Emily would be the only Li and since then i lost all interest to play although im looking in this thread from time to time.Pls to say it again,i dont want to offend anyone and i dont think the dev is milking or something its just my opinion.

clamp360

Apr 29, 2020
Pls dont feel offended but at least Halfway House dont have any branching paths anymore some could say the dev made it easy for himself and cut off all patch except Emily.This sounds unfair but it was clear at least for me that this game had 3 different Li's.I loved Samantha,flirty,no giant breasts like so many other "milfs" and she seems to be attracted towards the mc right from the beginning.I was really shocked when he announced that Emily would be the only Li and since then i lost all interest to play although im looking in this thread from time to time.Pls to say it again,i dont want to offend anyone and i dont think the dev is milking or something its just my opinion.
Was that ever supposed to be a thing? I wasn't around for the earliest chapters but my understanding was that Emily was the only LI from the start.

Finyx

Mar 9, 2020
Was that ever supposed to be a thing? I wasn't around for the earliest chapters but my understanding was that Emily was the only LI from the start.
Well for me it was but i could be wrong.I played until the point where you jerked off on her Back not further.Only after that point sometime later i read that only Emily would be a li.Honestly i dont know if it was clear from the start but the interaction in game between the mc and Samantha didnt "told me" that she would not be a Li.

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
Well for me it was but i could be wrong.I played until the point where you jerked off on her Back not further.Only after that point sometime later i read that only Emily would be a li.Honestly i dont know if it was clear from the start but the interaction in game between the mc and Samantha didnt "told me" that she would not be a Li.
Emily right now is the only active LI.

You can mess around with Ashley and Samantha and flirt with Shiho all you want, only Emily's route, and score, mean anything.

crabboid

Sep 7, 2019
Emily right now is the only active LI.

You can mess around with Ashley and Samantha and flirt with Shiho all you want, only Emily's route, and score, mean anything.
Oh, that scared me for a second. So, there will still be sex scenes with Samantha, Ashley, etc in the future, but you just won't get some hypothetical "And then they got married..." ending with them that's never going to come anyway?

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
Oh, that scared me for a second. So, there will still be sex scenes with Samantha, Ashley, etc in the future, but you just won't get some hypothetical "And then they got married..." ending with them that's never going to come anyway?
You'll still be able to mess with Samantha or Ashley, maybe even Nadia or Liz, perhaps even Piper, but the only ending we'll have, for now, is with Emily.

I have no idea what the ending will be like, at least with Emily. For now, the other girls are just there for those who don't want to wait for the sex scenes with Emily

• Sad
Reactions: kshyk

crabboid

Sep 7, 2019
You'll still be able to mess with Samantha or Ashley, maybe even Nadia or Liz, perhaps even Piper, but the only ending we'll have, for now, is with Emily.

I have no idea what the ending will be like, at least with Emily. For now, the other girls are just there for those who don't want to wait for the sex scenes with Emily
I'm totally fine with that. I always laser beam in on the MILFs in these VNs, so I was going to be a little upset if Samantha suddenly cut you off out of nowhere.

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
I need to be honest here. Over the last few months of this 10+ month wait we've had, I was thinking about turning my back on this game and letting it fall by the wayside. It's been almost a year since the last chapter release and right now, the only thing keeping me around are the teasers of Emily, who at one point, was among my top 3 VN girls.

E9 won't drop down the pike until next year, and myself, along with many others are hoping the wait is worth it. Need some advancement in the story, not just for Emily; Samantha, Ashley, the MC in general who's only spent one day at work since the game has started.

I really do hope E9 has some good meat on the bones. I'd hate to have to drop this game in the new year

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
I need to be honest here. Over the last few months of this 10+ month wait we've had, I was thinking about turning my back on this game and letting it fall by the wayside. It's been almost a year since the last chapter release and right now, the only thing keeping me around are the teasers of Emily, who at one point, was among my top 3 VN girls.

E9 won't drop down the pike until next year, and myself, along with many others are hoping the wait is worth it. Need some advancement in the story, not just for Emily; Samantha, Ashley, the MC in general who's only spent one day at work since the game has started.

I really do hope E9 has some good meat on the bones. I'd hate to have to drop this game in the new year
I am going to take it a little different direction. I loved this game when it first game out. I was very active in the forum and you can see by several posts here. As time went on, and the game continues to be worked on, I will check in from time to time on the forum, but won't post much as I don't see a reason to. The excitement is gone.

Will I play the new version when it comes out? Fuck yeah. It is just bandwidth, HDD space and time. However I am not circling it on my calendar as something I have to play.

So I don't admonish a dev for taking time, especially when it takes a while, but my interest in the daily/weekly updates wane.

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
I am going to take it a little different direction. I loved this game when it first game out. I was very active in the forum and you can see by several posts here. As time went on, and the game continues to be worked on, I will check in from time to time on the forum, but won't post much as I don't see a reason to. The excitement is gone.

Will I play the new version when it comes out? Fuck yeah. It is just bandwidth, HDD space and time. However I am not circling it on my calendar as something I have to play.

So I don't admonish a dev for taking time, especially when it takes a while, but my interest in the daily/weekly updates wane.
I'm not admonishing him either. If he needed time, he needed time. it's just the bad thing is the time taken has some away, others talk about the dreaded tag, or complain about Emily being the only LR, nothing we haven't heard about here.

I came into this game very shortly after E8 was released, because I found it by luck because it was listed in "Similar threads." I saw Emily, and boom! I had to get it. Love at first sight I guess.

Anyway, point is, that I'm in this for the long haul. I just dropped a game that probably wasn't going to get finished until '25 or '26. No thanks. Not going to be 52 and waiting for a VN to finish.

Reactions: mordred93

Swordsman83

Anti Anti-NTR & Anti-Woke Crusader
Donor
Apr 14, 2020
Remember the excitement for this game. Slow burn games absolutely HAVE to have a consistent no later than two month update schedule in order to be successful. The only reason I think games like LOML are still successful is because of the unique assets, art style, and phenomenal writing. A game like this has awesome UI, nice writing, nice graphics but models you see in a lot of these other games. So why get blueballed here or rewarded with..."yay she reluctantly let me beat off in front of her (She didnt even enjoy it)" when I can play a different game with at least decent writing, same models with way more lewd scenes, and one a month updates?
whats LOML

4.30 star(s) 182 Votes