Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
I agree especially the part about slutty characters. Slutty characters in a slow burn game turn me off because its comes off as a cheap attempt keep the viewer interested (Patreon milking, some even post misleading renders) or a "check-in the-box" on actually having some kind of penetration to avoid complaints. For me at this point it has to be one or the other. All out bangfest (Which I also like) or decent slow burn that HAS to be well written with a fulfilling payoff.
Agreed. Games like this with a slow burn LI (and the ONLY LI) have the slutty character eye candy for those who just want to get their rocks off if they're impatient over the main LI. I know when I was playing that certain college game with that certain rich girl, after seven episodes, I was like, how much more drama can they throw at you before something happens? Drama for the sake of drama isn't really my thing, but neither is the sex without a meaning behind it.

When it comes to this game, yeah, I have a few issues with it, but in the end, I just hope it works out, or else this whole wait is for naught.

• Red Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: HMTheOwner and Ooh

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
I was really enjoying this game but I've lost any immersion that may have been present. I deleted it when the hiatus got past 6 months. I've played AWAM for years, with its' notorious waits between updates, (which also has the slow-burn that suits me) but this amount of time is just too long.

Devs burn-out, games get abandoned, RL happens etc., we all know the score but I just didn't need another game with a big delay factored into the mix.

Having said that, I'm hoping that Halfway House does carry on, as the spoilers/teasers seem to suggest it has a future. If it happens I'll probably play again & start from the beginning.

Reactions: Ooh

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
This was one of my "must track" titles when it came along. I don't mind "slow burn" stories for the right girls, but 10-12 months for an update on a slow burn puts it on the "meh, whatever" list now. I'd have to start over to get my head back in the story. Believe me, I understand real life intruding on things; I'm lucky I have time to check this and write this today :D, It;s just frustrating as a reader. I hope the Dev can pull it together and get back on a schedule, the story was good as well as the girls. (y)

Ooh

Jun 9, 2018
I was really enjoying this game but I've lost any immersion that may have been present. I deleted it when the hiatus got past 6 months. I've played AWAM for years, with its' notorious waits between updates, (which also has the slow-burn that suits me) but this amount of time is just too long.

Devs burn-out, games get abandoned, RL happens etc., we all know the score but I just didn't need another game with a big delay factored into the mix.

Having said that, I'm hoping that Halfway House does carry on, as the spoilers/teasers seem to suggest it has a future. If it happens I'll probably play again & start from the beginning.
Big delays after success seem almost obligatory for these games. My theory is the devs cant handle the pressure from fans anticipating a masterpiece every month. Note to self if I ever created a game or maybe any current/future Dev out there. Release an already completed game with a years worth of developed content and never have to feel like youre trying to live up to the hype. Or...only read constructive feedback and dont follow trends.

thatsmerod

Nov 6, 2019
Big delays after success seem almost obligatory for these games. My theory is the devs cant handle the pressure from fans anticipating a masterpiece every month. Note to self if I ever created a game or maybe any current/future Dev out there. Release an already completed game with a years worth of developed content and never have to feel like youre trying to live up to the hype. Or...only read constructive feedback and dont follow trends.
OR....hear me out....they milk the FUCK out of it...3500 a month if content comes out or not...ID bet everything i own if everyone got paid on releases games would be completed in year with the same quality....you CANNOT tell me it takes 5 years to complete these games... and 75% never get completed anyway

tewinter

Nov 17, 2017
OR....hear me out....they milk the FUCK out of it...3500 a month if content comes out or not...ID bet everything i own if everyone got paid on releases games would be completed in year with the same quality....you CANNOT tell me it takes 5 years to complete these games... and 75% never get completed anyway
Have you ever tried to write a cohesive story that can stand on it's own? It's hard, now add in choices and somewhat branching paths to the mix, get's harder, now we add good renders and animations on top of that and you have quite the beast on your hands. If you don't outsource some of the workload and want to keep your level of quality high it is going to take a while for someone, that I'm guessing is kinda new to this, to put out updates.
Just because some devs are greedy fucks, not all of them are, my dude.

Last edited:

Draakaap23

Dying is always an option
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
I'm guessing this Dev works on this game as a side-job? It's been almost 10 months since the last chapter released. Not criticizing: If that's what it takes, then that's that. But I would like to (somewhat) know what the planning is/was to get the game in a finished state.

4.30 star(s) 182 Votes