HUNUTAN

Jan 18, 2019
After every episode except the first. I only have 10 points in Ashley's corruption. Even with the mod for passing, he does not show me how to score full points in this direction, and without it the result was the same. Is this even possible or is this a bug?

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
After every episode except the first. I only have 10 points in Ashley's corruption. Even with the mod for passing, he does not show me how to score full points in this direction, and without it the result was the same. Is this even possible or is this a bug?
There was a great mod from Koga3 for that, unfortunately he stopped it now. Maybe you can try the saves, or check the pdf wt with route hints here (the downloads are a bit hidden in the spoiler).

hatefuldisplay

May 22, 2020
Hmmm. Before I found out that Emily was the main girl, I was really hoping for some different routes. Ashley, Samantha, Samantha's friends, Piper, and the doctor were all on my radar. Still, it looks like some action will happen with at least some of them as the game progresses. Fingers are crossed for all.

Still, I am definitely enjoying the corruption path with Emily. She is pretty cute and definitely fun. Maybe it will take some more jealousy to push her wild side out farther. Who knows? It's still fun for me.

I'm still enjoying the game. I do agree that some more choices might have made this update better, but I'm still on board for more.

Reactions: ziggy81

Misosoc

Sep 28, 2020
A no sex tag should be added don't you think? 9 episodes and nothing but some peeping.

Can the dev say if there will be actual sex? Is it just a slow burn? If so ok but if not, tag it as nothing.

Apr 24, 2018
So basically, reading the comments, this update was a huge disappointment for Halfway House lovers, and I should just skip it and wait until next update (in 2023)?

This game was so much better when it started. Frequent updates, and great characters and dialog. What happened?
Yeah. But i think its the players fault. Ppl nowadays are praising devs that dont deliver any sex scenes and/or that takes ages to release an update..look Deluca family, Summers gone, A wife and a mother and so on... its the new normal, and who wants sex scenes and/or more frequent updates are labeled as idiots, dumb, pervs and etc. Will not take long until 1 update p/year and sex just only after 2 becomes the standard.
I don't think you can completely blame it on purely praise alone. In reality, I think it's the combination of the incentive to stretch it out and one's natural instinct to procrastinate. I am a huge procrastinator and I'd imagine that with the payment model of Patreon it can be very easy to let deadlines slip and eventually get into the habit of it, especially when you have a community that is extremely kind and supports you even when you miss the deadlines you give them. Not to mention the impact on your income is relatively marginal unless it gets to the point of absurdity. If it was all the randoms on F95 praising the game and the actual Patrons were furious this stuff wouldn't fly. I mean this thing seems to happen with pretty much every game on here that gets big. Which is kind of ironic as well because I swear for at least half of them, the first Patreon sub-goal always involves or at least implies that hitting said goal would increase the rate of updates.

Obviously, there are exceptions, but there is too much of a correlation between Patreon income and the rate of updates for it to be a mere coincidence. The positive of the Patreon model is that it creates a financial incentive for people to make great games like this. The downside is that at a certain level of income/popularity the best move for many devs seems to make each update take as long as they can possibly get away with. Since they are getting paid monthly the longer each update takes, the more they make off of each update. Not to mention it means less work for them to make that money. With the funding model of Patreon, they could make an update every single month and in 6 months they would make basically the same amount they would make if they only released a single update. Sure, you can argue that they would get more patrons from having a faster update schedule but it would not be proportional to the extra effort that it would take to keep that kind of update cadence. Not to mention since due to sites like F95, the game is constantly being played by new people, so they will continue to gain patrons regardless (although potentially at a slower rate). Basically, the funding model of Patreon makes "milking" a very easy and attractive business strategy for devs. Plus, there are many patrons who have no problem being milked or at least will do whatever mental gymnastics necessary to convince themselves that they aren't being. Because each person is only giving a couple dollars a month the developer only really needs to provide like $5 of value a month to each patron in order for them to feel as though they are getting somewhat equal value in return. If 1 person was giving you $1000 a month they would most likely expect a lot more in return than 1 wallpaper a month. But if instead, you have 1000 people giving you $1 a month, a wallpaper will seem pretty fair.

While Patreon and funding models like it have their issues, for the moment they seem to be the best funding model we have for this kind of content. Personally, I'd like developers and artists to be able to make a living off of their work, even if it means that some people may end up abusing the system and the trust of those who support them. All things considered, this funding model isn't too bad especially since with sites like F95 not only are devs able to make money from making these games but it is still possible for everyone to experience the games even if they aren't able/willing to pay for them (everyone wins!?). It just kinda sucks that time after time the best adult games I find on F95 end up taking longer and longer and longer and longer and longer to get updates. This is just me considering the whole Patreon thing in general not a dig at this dev specifically. But at a certain point, the pattern gets too hard to ignore.

r3ck5

Mar 19, 2017
Since they are getting paid monthly the longer each update takes, the more they make off of each update. Not to mention it means less work for them to make that money. With the funding model of Patreon, they could make an update every single month and in 6 months they would make basically the same amount they would make if they only released a single update.
Just gonna comment on this one part. Unless patreon changed it's internal structure for payments, when you're a creator, you have two options for payment. On updates (which I believe may have a maximum per month but I'm not 100% sure), and monthly. 99% of h-game creators pick the monthly option because they can milk their patrons that way. Some use it as a deadline and respect it, but way too many don't. If game devs moved to the On-Delivery option, you can bet there would be a lot less projects that get delayed over and over.

Of course that's a double egded sword. You'd get creators that release a new "update" weekly but that update would have only 1 scene, just for the extra money. Sadly there's no optimal solutions outside of stuff like Steam store where you can preorder the game and get the updates when they come.

dark_mark

Oct 24, 2021
My issue is that I'm not really into Emily, after the last big Ash update I found it anti-climactic and knowing that we can never be with Ash kinda makes me lose interest...

Sure, dangle getting Ash & her sis then tell us we will never be with Ash? Like wtf??? I was already envisioning a spin-off where I marry Ash as she takes over the company and encourages me to bang her sis & the maid to keep them in their place :love: :love: :love:

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Basically, the funding model of Patreon makes "milking" a very easy and attractive business strategy for devs.
It's not that easy, you have to built a solid fanbase of supporters with great first release(s). And even if your game has qualities, it's not bound for (instant) success, there is a part of chance and/or require good marketing.

But once you have enough supporters yeah you can take it easy. Unless you're an asshole the support will stay about at the same level with the comings and goings. Even if you don't release anything for years in some cases (follow my gaze...)

Reactions: wiwem71072
4.30 star(s) 182 Votes