Jun 15, 2022
See, that's the second time you said that the dev had 'made that clear from the beginning', but I am not findng that game-killing nugget. If you could provide a link, that would be appreciated.
Only Emily matters, look at my previous post. It's been said in this thread MULTIPLE times over the course of the last year+.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Only Emily matters, look at my previous post. It's been said in this thread MULTIPLE times over the course of the last year+.
Some folks want to be a Sultan in every game. It makes them feel important and special. All harem all the time is no fun - there's no skill or real engagement if you get to bed and keep them all every single time.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
can you tell me what mod you used?
and where can i find the skip button?
thx
Hi. It's my Mod for the game, available here (also the "Multi Mod" link on the first page).

The game does not have a skip button on it's own. In Windows you can use the tab key for that, in my Android port it's a swipe to the right. If really needed I could do a game patch for that.

Reactions: semashi

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Some folks want to be a Sultan in every game. It makes them feel important and special. All harem all the time is no fun - there's no skill or real engagement if you get to bed and keep them all every single time.
Harem stuff aside, I think most people I've seen here would just prefer to be able to choose their end game LI (at least from the three main girls). I know it has been discussed to death, but I never understood the "only Emily" strategy in a visual novel where choice is paramount, but the dev had this in mind from the start so this is how it will be.

The risk you run of only having one true LI, is if she doesn't appeal to a wide audience. With Emily, she certainly has her fans, but she appeals to a very specific player demographic. That is why most games give players a variety of main LIs to select from that have not only different looks but different personalities.

The Senior Perv

May 4, 2022
Harem stuff aside, I think most people I've seen here would just prefer to be able to choose their end game LI (at least from the three main girls). I know it has been discussed to death, but I never understood the "only Emily" strategy in a visual novel where choice is paramount, but the dev had this in mind from the start so this is how it will be.

The risk you run of only having one true LI, is if she doesn't appeal to a wide audience. With Emily, she certainly has her fans, but she appeals to a very specific player demographic. That is why most games give players a variety of main LIs to select from that have not only different looks but different personalities.
That's right, I wanted officer Monroe or Luis as my main girls and I can't get them because we're stick with Emily.

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: Kellermann

semashi

Jul 5, 2022
Hi. It's my Mod for the game, available here (also the "Multi Mod" link on the first page).

The game does not have a skip button on it's own. In Windows you can use the tab key for that, in my Android port it's a swipe to the right. If really needed I could do a game patch for that.
Thank you, appreciate it
Will try it with your mod ASAP

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021

The game has to appeal to the developer first, or the developer won't be interested enough to continue its development. Any developer trying to develop a game that is going to appeal to everyone will never really please anyone, so he pleases himself and a good chunk of other people that enjoy the game he's developing. This style will also set him apart from the "fuck 'em all, get your penicillin shot at the door" harem games which already have so many offerings from which to choose.

As for the choice of Emily here, the cute, small, feisty redhead has a wide appeal. Another nice appeal of this game is that he went with reasonable body types, not girls with breasts starting at "basketball" and going as far as "weather balloon" that seems to be prevalent in so many of the harem games.

This game is about the story and the "getting the one girl, but maybe having some interesting experiences along the way" not the "it's a frat and sorority orgy with unrealistic body types" "story" which, honestly, almost always lacks in "story" but is only about the sex scenes. That type of AVN will appeal to those without much intellectual horsepower, while this game will appeal more to someone with a few additional IQ points.

Feb 10, 2022
This game is about the story and the "getting the one girl, but maybe having some interesting experiences along the way" not the "it's a frat and sorority orgy with unrealistic body types" "story" which, honestly, almost always lacks in "story" but is only about the sex scenes. That type of AVN will appeal to those without much intellectual horsepower, while this game will appeal more to someone with a few additional IQ points.
Too bad, the story ain't good and the games lack decent choices and interaction except for "peeking/not peeking". IQ points aren't required for a kinetic novel with a basic setting and unoriginal characters.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
The game has to appeal to the developer first, or the developer won't be interested enough to continue its development. Any developer trying to develop a game that is going to appeal to everyone will never really please anyone, so he pleases himself and a good chunk of other people that enjoy the game he's developing. This style will also set him apart from the "fuck 'em all, get your penicillin shot at the door" harem games which already have so many offerings from which to choose.

As for the choice of Emily here, the cute, small, feisty redhead has a wide appeal. Another nice appeal of this game is that he went with reasonable body types, not girls with breasts starting at "basketball" and going as far as "weather balloon" that seems to be prevalent in so many of the harem games.

I think we are talking about different subjects. I am not disputing that devs should make their games for themselves first and foremost, or that Emily is "feisty," etc. I don't care about the body types as much as you apparently do. I certainly have preferences (older athletic ginger), but I can still get on with most AVN body shapes. And I can go either way with harems. If a game lets me choose my LI (from at least two or three unique ladies), then I am ok with no harem. I like that Emily is ginger, but her childlike inexperienced nature is something that I don't find appealing at all. Her tempter tantrums in the beginning didn't help either.

My subject is that the core of VNs and in particular AVNs is choice, especially when it comes to relationships. Without that choice, you are veering into kinetic novel territory. Part of my original issue was that nowhere is it explicitly stated that Emily is our "one girl." I only learned that Emily was our unavoidable destiny when I randomly happened upon a post about it in the thread. It never occurred to me to search for that topic before deciding to play HH because I've never even seen a non-harem AVN that doesn't allow you to choose LIs.

As I previously stated, I'm not trying to change anyone's mind (including the dev). I just think it is an odd decision not to give players the choice to select a girl they want to end up with in an AVN.

dmmt

May 8, 2020
Well, I had to search a bit, but I found it (holy shit, it's already three years ago...)
https://f95zone.to/threads/halfway-house-ep-9-az.33607/post-2330589

I think there are one or two more dev messages about that, don't know if here or on Patreon. And I also believe that the demanding to add more routes back then was also a reason why the dev isn't that active here anymore, too.

wow...not sure how I missed that one.

Well, Em is my nr 2 choice as a LI so being forced to be with her or be alone....

Jan 13, 2019
Well being a sultan would be cool but not in this case specifically. Emily is wack and Ashley is cool that's it but if we can't have it then that's it i guess. Game is still alright.

Reactions: OkeyokeyY
4.30 star(s) 182 Votes