NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
Was episode 6 an Emily focused chapter did i trip some flag and get stuck in her route?

Cause i like every girl in this series besides emily and have been actively trying to dodge her route cause im just not into tsunderes and to see her do a 180 character flip to cute and doting even after picking the "she dosnt need to change" option is really strange

im glad we got to see the doctor again, she was really cute with her coat off

i dont care if it slow burn with few lewd scenes but i would like it if the character routes were more defined instead of sticking us with one girl
Yea it was mostly focused on her and guys like you and me lucked out on it, she actually has a kissing scene and some more "cute" moments like that but because like you i actively avoided her for the most part we don't even get to see those scenes, so this update comes off as fairly awkward and just more tsundere nonsense.

This is one thing i don't get from the Dev, no matter what we do we will be stuck with Emily in the end, that's his final decision. Ok fine, so can we at least get to see all her scenes? Because it's really awkward trying to avoid her 99% of the game because i wanted to focus mostly on Ash and Samantha only to not see all the scenes between me and her and then still somehow ending up with her? So i am guessing because of the way we play the game we are gonna skip any scenes with Emiliy that involve kissing, handjobs, blowjobs, sex, etc... and still end up with her in the end lol and the dev doesn't see how this isn't a problem?

Udoroth

Aug 29, 2019
This is one thing i don't get from the Dev, no matter what we do we will be stuck with Emily in the end, that's his final decision.
wait, the dev already confirmed that this is a 1 route story?

thats really...... unfortunate

NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
wait, the dev already confirmed that this is a 1 route story?

thats really...... unfortunate
Yep, the game has only one ending and that's with Emily, so i am personally looking forward to skipping all her sex scenes solely because i am more interested in the Ash and Samantha ones only to end up still with her anyway. I guess this is basically what it feels like between couples that don't have premarital sex, except worse since i skip even the silliest stuff like kissing and boob and ass groping...

The relationship between me and Emily is basically i saw her naked in a shower and saw her in her panties once and boom now we are a couple forever, feels legit.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Yep, the game has only one ending and that's with Emily, so i am personally looking forward to skipping all her sex scenes solely because i am more interested in the Ash and Samantha ones only to end up still with her anyway. I guess this is basically what it feels like between couples that don't have premarital sex, except worse since i skip even the silliest stuff like kissing and boob and ass groping...

The relationship between me and Emily is basically i saw her naked in a shower and saw her in her panties once and boom now we are a couple forever, feels legit.
It'll have more than one ending, Emily is the only girl that will have an ending with MC though.

MC alone
MC with Emily (probably has a few variations)
Ash ending with Luis or not
Sam ending with Monroe or not

etc.

• Angry
Reactions: MojoJoeJoe

NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
It'll have more than one ending, Emily is the only girl that will have an ending with MC though.

MC alone

etc.
I should have said one ending with 1 girl, for the MC.

The rest are not endings even worth exploring.

Last edited:

Macahan

Sep 29, 2017
Why is the MC such a whiner? I'm just in ep 6 now and he's having a cry about getting stitches out ... how the fk did he ever get in fights before without ending up with stitches and other injuries?

shit, I've had stitches put IN without local before.
The only time I had a doctor remove stitches was after a wrist surgery where I couldn't properly remove them myself.
I once had to wait in the ER for 8 hours with my ankle busted wide open [bandaged to stop the bleeding] without painkillers because it was a busy night and there were more critical cases ahead of me.

I've had MRI-guided needles inserted between the facet joints in my lower back without painkillers.

and all the crying about having to walk somewhere, I run 8km 5 times per week, nothing too special, but this MC has a cry because he has to walk for 10 mins.

This bitch needs to stop being such a fucking baby, how the fuck he ever survived juvie is a mystery to me.

The longer he goes on the more I hope someone really kicks the shit out of him and he actually has something to complain about and maybe, just maybe, stop him acting like a complete loser for 5 minutes.
wow what a hard man you are you should be in the games instead

Reactions: MojoJoeJoe

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019

Like all those bad harem mangas/light novels out there, that drags on for more than a hundred chapters, where no matter what the story flow is or how good the chemistry are between the characters, it ultimately ends with the annoying tsundere as the endgame. Playing this episode just reinforced that feeling, with the brick as a dense MC, "peeping accident which ends with violence" (seriously, only a kyaaah was missing), and with the needlessly long slice of life pacing. Reading those type of stories is already a pain in the ass, but "playing" them when you'll know how it will end anyway? Even worse.

NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
Like all those bad harem mangas/light novels out there, that drags on for more than a hundred chapters, where no matter what the story flow is or how good the chemistry are between the characters, it ultimately ends with the annoying tsundere as the endgame. Playing this episode just reinforced that feeling, with the brick as a dense MC, "peeping accident which ends with violence" (seriously, only a kyaaah was missing), and with the needlessly long slice of life pacing. Reading those type of stories is already a pain in the ass, but "playing" them when you'll know how it will end anyway? Even worse.
True, it reminded me of Re:Zero and how much i hate the anime for forcing a protagonist with a much less likable character with whom he has much less chemistry.
Now we get to play a game like that and the feeling really sucks.

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
True, it reminded me of Re:Zero and how much i hate the anime for forcing a protagonist with a much less likable character with whom he has much less chemistry.
Now we get to play a game like that and the feeling really sucks.
Samantha: Despite the age difference and my better judgement, I fall in love with you.
MC: I love Emily(a)

Reactions: NeroZee

xxTHESTYGIANxx

Nov 11, 2018
So....yeah, just my opinion here but.....

I get this is a slow burn with Emily, however, there are two other females in the house.
1. Ash still acting like a bitch at this point and the MC having sub par comebacks is to much. We already learned that she is tough on the outside but vulnerable on the inside. The MC should be man enough by now...proven by the WT with how he is with Samantha, to call her out on her bull shit and have fun with her.
2. Samantha, I could see being a slow burn given the fact she is responsible for these "kids". Just not as slow as Em. It just seems at some point there has to be a "fuck it" line for her. The MC saved her, then the scene in the MC's room at night. Then this episode and the look on her face leaving the bathroom.

I get that Emily, by her stats alone is the main LI, however, more could be done with Ash and Samantha. Again this is just an opinion.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
This game is lacking some juice and sometimes i feel like this game should be sandbox.

Don't get me wrong, this game comes with great story, but making so many renders about getting stitches out seems like a waste of time.

It's not even blue-balling game, it became absolute Boredom !
I really dont understand the point of making a sandbox out of a VN.

Most sandbox games on this site are useless as sandbox because only adds clicks to a path you have to take anyway.

And making a true sandbox game (AKA, give you the chance to do your thing and ignore part of the game by just not visiting some places) with the time it takes to make renders its a waste of resources.

FallenLondon

Aug 5, 2016
Technically It's correct English, but you probably meant viscious.
2020-05-18 20_42_00-.png
Sorry if it's been reported before, checked back a couple of pages but didn't see this one.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
It's funny how people complain about the lack of sex scenes. Not every VN has to turn into a fuckfest in the third episode at the latest. If you want a fuckfest, play games from Daniels K for example instead.
I'm not making fun of Daniels K. It's just a different type of story story, which has a different pace.
I think the little nudity that Halfway House offers in the context of that story up to this point is much more sexy than the hardcore action in many other VNs.
Depends, if the thid episode comes in 1 month or 2, thats ok.

If it takes 1 year of development for a kiss and some nudity without any action, than i'm sorry, but the pacing is too slow

Zonal12

Oct 7, 2017
Halfway House [Ep. 6] Kompressed

lossy compression was used, so the image quality is slightly worse than the original
Tools: Unren by F95Zone@Sam Cruncher v0.4.1 by F95Zone@bas

PC/MAC (367 MB): - -
Thank you so much for the compressed version mate! Don't know why but I kept getting DCed on NOPY, over and over network fail. Other two work though, even if they're a bit slow. I hope you add Mega, the fastest by far. Again, thank you so much for compressed version.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020

MC alone

etc.
Wait, so the MC can only end up either alone or with Emily? There is no path for Sam, Ash, the doctor, or anyone else we haven't met? Just Emily? I didn't realize this is a one path romance game with an occasional blowjob from a side character. Not sure I'm into that.

4.30 star(s) 178 Votes