Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
My comment was more asking about the story in general, not just sexual in nature. But I appreciate the info regardless. Hearing that there's only 1 planned LI (and it's a generic redhead tsundere to boot, based on what I've read) is pretty much a deal breaker. A shame, that Asian doctor really caught my eye.
Alright. The story is good, to me. The way of the writing of the MC is sort of juvenile, stupidly macho at times. He acts and talks like a 3rd-rate gangbanger a few times. He's silly, and a bit of a wimp as well in a few scenes. The story is good. It's mostly centered I think, firmly around things with Emily and a bit with Samantha in the few 6 or so chapters. Things get a little rough around mid-Chapter 7 when the story drifts for a full chapter in to all of Chapter 8.

The game image is in my signature for a reason, not just Emily. I like where it's going. Nothing really emotional yet, but a rough scene with Sam early on in Chapter 2. It's a 4 out of 5 game right now. Further chapters could make or break it for sure, especially with the writing.

I'm a story guy, but since everyone here talks about the sex stuff, that's what I just mentioned initially. But it's a good game.

Emily is not just some slow-burn girl. She has an issue with emotions, she's tough but yet she's sweet and kind if you are to her. She's not the typical slow-burn girl, she has a lot of fire in her. I really do like her character the most in the game.

Reactions: Bucketbot89

JuniorAT

Dec 25, 2017
With the sporadic updates I tend to forget about where the story is heading. Couple that with other games with their own long updates and it gets worse. So before the next update I plan to replay this with the same choices. All I know is I wanna wife up Emily and plow Ashlyn and Sam on the side.

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
With the sporadic updates I tend to forget about where the story is heading. Couple that with other games with their own long updates and it gets worse. So before the next update I plan to replay this with the same choices. All I know is I wanna wife up Emily and plow Ashlyn and Sam on the side.
I replay longer-updated games relatively often, to make sure I have the scores/points the way I want them, or I just want to see the story over again, especially in this one with Emily & the MC. I don't flirt with the other girls in the house (not after my first playthough) so I have a pretty boring game to play. My score with Emily though is pretty solid and right where I want it at 40 L/10 C

Once I know an update is coming, I'll usually play again a few days before it drops just for fun, then jump into the update. Some games though, I start from the beginning to see if the update makes sense (like the Chapter 9 update of CoBD)

KhamulTG81

Oct 28, 2020
This game is a masked kinetic novel. All choices have no influence on the story and can only lead to some additional scenes. Is this why the game only has one LI? Sadly, Emily is such a cliche driven character, that I lost interest after 3 episodes... Ashley is interesting character-wise and beautiful model-wise, but knowing she is just an afterthought is rather dissapointing.

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
This game is a masked kinetic novel. All choices have no influence on the story and can only lead to some additional scenes. Is this why the game only has one LI? Sadly, Emily is such a cliche driven character, that I lost interest after 3 episodes... Ashley is interesting character-wise and beautiful model-wise, but knowing she is just an afterthought is rather dissapointing.
Sorry, but that's nonsense. Only because you don't like the Li and the choices for her (and they are of course meaningfull!) the game has to be suddenly a KN...

KhamulTG81

Oct 28, 2020
Sorry, but that's nonsense. Only because you don't like the Li and the choices for her (and they are of course meaningfull!) the game has to be suddenly a KN...
If the games main story is immutable through decissions, the game is a kinetic novel imho, that has absolutely nothing to do with the LI.

EDIT: The game having only one LI is the result thereof.

Last edited:

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
If the games main story is immutable through decissions, the game is a kinetic novel imho, that has absolutely nothing to do with the LI.
Ok, but there are desicions in the game where you change your relationship with the main Li (corruption or love). And also, regarding to Wikipedia, a KN is:

"A kinetic novel is a linear type of visual novel where there is a linear storyline with no player choice or gameplay."

So, for me a game with choices (even they are only there to show different scenes), isn't a KN anymore, it's a VN (visual novel).

Darkdevil66

Apr 16, 2020
That's not his point. The game is indeed pretty linear due the fact Emily is the sole LI, no matter what the player choose to do. Even if the player tries to spend more time with Ashley or Sam, the MC will go after Emily anyway because she's supposed to be the only meaningful relationship. For now, the only choices that barely matters are spending time with Ashley or Emily, because if you start having sexual intercourses with Ashley, you lose opportunity to win love/corruptions points with Emily and won't be able to unlock some scenes with her. But in the end, the MC will still chase Emily anyway.

Seriously what were the meaningful choices in the last update except peeking/not peeking ? :rolleyes:

KhamulTG81

Oct 28, 2020
Ok, but there are desicions in the game where you change your relationship with the main Li (corruption or love). And also, regarding to Wikipedia, a KN is:

"A kinetic novel is a linear type of visual novel where there is a linear storyline with no player choice or gameplay."

So, for me a game with choices (even they are only there to show different scenes), isn't a KN anymore, it's a VN (visual novel).
That's why I called it "masked" kinetic novel...

Last edited:

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
That's why I called it "masked" kinetic novel...
Yes, I know what you mean. Nevertheless, for me this isn't a "masked" KN either. The goal of the game is NOT (at least that's what I think I understood from the dev's statements) to choose from different Li's. This choice is fixed since the beginning: Emily. The point of the game and your choices is how and what relationship you will have with her (corruption or love route). I even think there could be a third route, too (MC with Emily + Ashley), but that's just a guess.

But anyway, the game is unfortunately not for you (you don't like the main female character in the game). And that's ok, not everyone has to like the game.

• Angry
Reactions: MrFriendly

KhamulTG81

Oct 28, 2020
Yes, I know what you mean. Nevertheless, for me this isn't a "masked" KN either. The goal of the game is NOT (at least that's what I think I understood from the dev's statements) to choose from different Li's. This choice is fixed since the beginning: Emily. The point of the game and your choices is how and what relationship you will have with her (corruption or love route). I even think there could be a third route, too (MC with Emily + Ashley), but that's just a guess.
Strange concept, even more due to the fact that the MC makes the meaningful/impactful decissions on his own and without player input. It should be the other way arround... And the MC is one of, if not the most unlikeable character in the game.

But you are right, the game is unfortunately not for me then.

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
I want to thank the Mod(s) who edited the original post for this thread to link to my post about the theme song. I greatly appreciate it for those who need a reference for it. It seems like we get asked a lot of times in this thread about that song. It's good now that we have a solid "go-to" post for it.

Much appreciated. (y)

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
And the one from the 15th:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Waking up to an Emily picture that I never saw before from an update makes me very happy. Where the hell are they though? I see an INFORMATION sign in the background

Wait...are they at a hot springs thing? The sign on the upper right hand side says "hot springs" and "check"

Fuck I'm so curious as to where they are and why. I mean are they on a date? Did Kunieda advise something like that? Shit who has done the speculation post on this image?

4.30 star(s) 172 Votes