Mod Cheat Mod Ren'Py Halfway House - Walkthrough/Gallery unlock/Cheating/Infoscreen [EP10WT] [KoGa3]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

kschn68

Jul 18, 2019
Thanks again for all your efforts. Used your mod from the beginning - it will probably be hard for me to get away from it now, too... Somehow you "infected" me with your music selection. But of course I can understand your decision.

Update:
Since you have already reconsidered your decision at Picture Perfect, I would of course be very pleased here too ;)
But again: Thank you for your efforts, and I really enjoyed your Mod!

Last edited:
Reactions: KoGa3

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Thanks again for all your efforts. Used your mod from the beginning - it will probably be hard for me to get away from it now, too... Somehow you "infected" me with your music selection. But of course I can understand your decision.

Update:
Since you have already reconsidered your decision at Picture Perfect, I would of course be very pleased here too ;)
But again: Thank you for your efforts, and I really enjoyed your Mod!
Short answer: I dont know....

Long answer:
With Picture Perfect the decision was somewhat easier. With the additional sound effects and the walkthrough there are (at least from my point of view) a few useful extensions besides the cheating. Here at Halfway House it's a bit more difficult. There are already sound effects now, and a walkthrough is a bit more complicated (2 main routes: Emily and Ashley). And the added original music is well done. And of course not to be underestimated for me: The amount of time I have to spend there is much higher.

But: I have already invested so much time in this mod, you can't let go so easily. And I just love this game...

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: kschn68

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Well, I continued with the Mod and integrated the original music/sounds from the latest game update EP6 v3. I also added the original music tracks to my Jukebox function. New: I added a "choices helper" function (~walkthrough) to my Mod. And of course you can switch this function On/Off while playing the game (like most of my mod features).

Regarding my music/sounds:
Of course I'm aware that my audio expansion has actually become somewhat redundant - the developer added also audio to the game with the latest game update. But since my expansion existed already for all episodes, I will leave it in my mod for now.

Reactions: kschn68

Chrisdarock19

Oct 15, 2018
Well, I continued with the Mod and integrated the original music/sounds from the latest game update EP6 v3. I also added the original music tracks to my Jukebox function. New: I added a "choices helper" function (~walkthrough) to my Mod. And of course you can switch this function On/Off while playing the game (like most of my mod features).

Of course I'm aware that my audio expansion has actually become somewhat redundant - the developer added also audio to the game with the latest game update. But since my expansion existed already for all episodes, I will leave it in my mod for now.
KoGa3 I'm not sure how I missed this mod until now. I've enjoyed the game so far, and as you know I'm a fan of your hard work on these mods. So what you are saying is I should play again from the start with your mod installed and have a blast on the Emily/Ashley routes. I would be a fool not to. Thanks again as always

kschn68

Jul 18, 2019

Since I'm partly to blame for you continuing, again a big thank you for that. I played through the game quite recently, but I couldn't resist trying your mod anyway. About the music and audio I don't need to say anything more, that was the main reason for my request to you. The new walkthrough function is great - and the possibility to easily turn it on and off while playing is absolutely unique, at least for me.

And now of course I am waiting even more impatiently for the next gameupdate.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Wow, thanks for the many responses to my poll! :eek:
I didn't really expected that, I rather just awaited a few votes. Many thanks again!

There is a majority for the cheating/walkthrough so far, but still many wanted a complete Mod. So I decided to add the music and audio to the already released cheating/walkthrough Mod again - and I already started it. But this is a bit more work and will take a little more time - but I think I could do it tomorrow at the latest.

September 27, 2020:
I finished the music/audio integration for the new game episode 7.
Funny thing: As I finished the Mod, I saw that the game dev already released a new, patched game version (EP7-v2) .
Well, I started my text editor again and integrated that as well...

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: ShaddyGames

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
I've made a patch for my Mod to name the game saves, download link is on the main page.

(Info: I have copied and adapted it from other games with this function. It worked so far in my testing, but it's still a trial version)

Halfway House_named saves.jpg

Reactions: ShaddyGames

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
I've made a patch for my Mod to name the game saves, download link is on the main page.

(Info: I have copied and adapted it from other games with this function. It worked so far in my testing, but it's still a trial version)

View attachment 835859
HA I was talking about looking into getting that feature added on The Warehouse Discord just yesterday. Thanks Alot (y)

Cornfield

Donor
Oct 30, 2017
I have downloaded the Mod and dropped the two files relating to the cheat facility into the Game folder, how do I activate the cheat option ?

Reactions: ztpaa

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
I have downloaded the Mod and dropped the two files relating to the cheat facility into the Game folder, how do I activate the cheat option ?
The installation is unfortunately a bit more extensive, here the step by step guide (for the use under Windows, I don't know other systems):

1. of course the original game must be installed

2. extract the downloaded archive from my Mod in a temporary folder
(there should then appear 3 folders "audio", "music" and "scripts")

3. copy or move these extracted folders "audio", "music" and "scripts" into the "game" folder from the original game
(should be something like "...\Halfway_House-EP7-pc\game\", overwrite files if an older mod exists.

alternative you can download the complete game with integrated Mod, there theses steps are already done.

4. Optional installation of the patch after my Mod installation: You also have to temporarely extract it and copy the unzipped files "screens.rpy" and "screens.rpyc" into the "...\Halfway_House-EP7-pc\game\scripts\" folder, overwriting my existing Mod files.

That´s it

Important:
For using my Mod for the first time you MUST start a new game!
(Maybe it works when starting a new episode)

Cornfield

Donor
Oct 30, 2017
I tried the route as suggested and could see no change to the game play, my inexperience of the technicalities of the games was probably the reason.
I should mention that I had already reached Ep7.

So, I downloaded the full game with the mod and started the game all over again.
The changes the cheat mod made was unbelievable, it was like playing a new game, I did not realise how many scenes and game progress points I had missed, it made a good game excellent.
Thank you for your efforts and I hope they will be available for future episodes.

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
Is there any chance you'd be able to add a Naming feature for Save files?

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
I tried the route as suggested and could see no change to the game play, my inexperience of the technicalities of the games was probably the reason.
I should mention that I had already reached Ep7.

So, I downloaded the full game with the mod and started the game all over again.
The changes the cheat mod made was unbelievable, it was like playing a new game, I did not realise how many scenes and game progress points I had missed, it made a good game excellent.
Thank you for your efforts and I hope they will be available for future episodes.
Thanks. This is of course nice to hear that my mod is useful for some players. And even more for me because I actually wanted to stop the mod with ep6 when the game itself got his own music.

Is there any chance you'd be able to add a Naming feature for Save files?
You mean a sort of renaming feature of existing saves? Would be nice of course, but don't know if I'm able to do something like that - I think that goes "a bit" beyound my "programming" skills (I had none when beginning modding, and now it's not that much more...). But I'll have a look at it, or maybe I find something similar in other games that could be useful for that.

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
You mean a sort of renaming feature of existing saves? Would be nice of course, but don't know if I'm able to do something like that - I think that goes "a bit" beyound my "programming" skills (I had none when beginning modding, and now it's not that much more...). But I'll have a look at it, or maybe I find something similar in other games that could be useful for that.
It wouldn't work for existing saves. Only new saves. I'd do it myself problem is I'd as far as i can tell I'd have to edit some of the same files you use for your mod, and I'm not giving that up. Someone posted one a while back on the game thread if you want to take a look at the code pretty sure i can find the post again.
I could technically do it for myself, but I'd have to edit your mod with every update. lol

Here's the post. with the scripts
https://f95zone.to/threads/halfway-house-ep-7-v2-az.33607/post-3896836

EDIT: Come to think of it I can make the edits for you and give you the files if you want. I already have both on my drive.

Last edited:

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Can anyone tell me the song name of this game....
the song that plays in the main menu of the game....
You mean the original main menu song? It's "Will You Wait" from Marisa Law. Here's a from her with the song included, but I think she is not active anymore.

lucifer368

Jul 5, 2020
You mean the original main menu song? It's "Will You Wait" from Marisa Law. Here's a from her with the song included, but I think she is not active anymore.
yes.. this is the one.... i searched for it in youtube but didn't get... thanks bro

yasirahmed

Aug 5, 2020
In android when opening cheat menu in-game .I can't close cheat menu again bcoz of cheat menu size .Anyone help plss

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote