Unity Completed Hana Exposure! A Blooming Flower~ [v1.04] [Flimsy]

4.40 star(s) 41 Votes

sai_

Jun 14, 2018
Does the dev look at these comments?
Well the game be available on itch.io or only on Steam?

FlimsyDev

Game Developer
Apr 1, 2019
Quick copy paste from Patreon.

"The game was mistakenly already released over at DLsite. It wasn't supposed to release yet. There is also an issue causing it to not be downloadable. This issue is on DLsite's side. I'm currently trying to solve both issues, which would be unreleasing the game, and also work out the issue of it not being downloadable so that it doesn't happen during the actual release. Unfortunately DLsite isn't active until Japan wakes up, and so it'll likely remain unfixed for quite a few hours.
For the time being, do not purchase the game. Especially if you are a long time supporter, as I will be giving out a set number of keys to certain supporters. More on this later."

Mr.Johnson

Oct 31, 2019
ok, but the fact that some of us bought the game, you should send us the private download link, since we deserve it after all delays and broken promises
Frankly speaking, I, too, feel disappointed by the other repeated postponements of the launch and the lack of information.
However, according to Flimsy's statement, it is DLsite's mistake to start selling on DLsite this time, so it is wrong to put the blame on Flimsy.

Reactions: Dingdingdong22
Feb 11, 2019
Frankly speaking, I, too, feel disappointed by the other repeated postponements of the launch and the lack of information.
However, according to Flimsy's statement, it is DLsite's mistake to start selling on DLsite this time, so it is wrong to put the blame on Flimsy.
It does not matter who is at fault or not, such mistakes when happen usually lead to forcing release at all platforms, and not putting the product away from the shelf. If any bugs or problems persist, there is always a patch. Also speaking for Patreon followers including myself, the build is either way completed, no excuses.

Mr.Johnson

Oct 31, 2019
It does not matter who is at fault or not, such mistakes when happen usually lead to forcing release at all platforms, and not putting the product away from the shelf. If any bugs or problems persist, there is always a patch. Also speaking for Patreon followers including myself, the build is either way completed, no excuses.
Isn't "forcing release at all platforms" impossible, since the release of other platforms was postponed to coincide with the availability of the game on Steam?

If there was an inequality between those who were able to purchase the product and those who could not as a result of sales being started at certain stores prior to the release, it would be understandable if sales were started at other stores in order to eliminate the inequality.
However, since no one seems to have been able to download the software at DLsite, which started selling it earlier, in the end, no inequality has occurred.

After all, isn't what you are trying to say, "Please start sales first on the platforms where you can release the product"?
I feel the same way.
I think you should stop giving plausible reasons such as "but the fact that some of us bought the game" in the face of this trouble and simply express your hope.
But it is up to Flimsy to decide whether or not to accept it, not to be forced to do so.

By the way, I am also a Patreon follower. Although for a short period of time.

Feb 11, 2019
Isn't "forcing release at all platforms" impossible, since the release of other platforms was postponed to coincide with the availability of the game on Steam?

If there was an inequality between those who were able to purchase the product and those who could not as a result of sales being started at certain stores prior to the release, it would be understandable if sales were started at other stores in order to eliminate the inequality.
However, since no one seems to have been able to download the software at DLsite, which started selling it earlier, in the end, no inequality has occurred.

After all, isn't what you are trying to say, "Please start sales first on the platforms where you can release the product"?
I feel the same way.
I think you should stop giving plausible reasons such as "but the fact that some of us bought the game" in the face of this trouble and simply express your hope.
But it is up to Flimsy to decide whether or not to accept it, not to be forced to do so.

By the way, I am also a Patreon follower. Although for a short period of time.
Its not about hope its about not sticking to ur words, the game got postponed for another 8 days. time to request refund.

shizukami

Jul 6, 2017
Meh, if the game is good its worth the wait. Sure its a bummer that I saw it pop up in the store, bought it just to end up with nothing. But mistakes happen and I can understand the want and need to release things at the same time for maximum exposure. This will naturally lead to more sales which translates into more future products( hopefully).

Did read that the game went through multiple censorship waves for DLsite though, wonder if we get a decensor patch since another version should be available.

someguy42

Jun 24, 2019

Writing this post to give more context as to the mess that the past few weeks has been.

DLsite. The process with them has been very messy all throughout. For now I'll just talk about the main issue, which was the mess that was getting the game through their verification process.
I properly censored the game, and sent it to be reviewed. A few days later, they tell me they cannot sell it because there is an issue with the censorship. Needless to say, "There being an issue with the censorship" was a bit vague. Unfortunately, they refused to give any further details about what the actual issue was when asked about it. Was the censorship throughout the whole game not enough? Who knows. Were there perhaps a couple very specific images that weren't censored enough? Who knows. Was the issue something else? Who knows. So, without any hint or clue as to what I was supposed to fix, all I could do was increase the censorship throughout the whole game. Keep in mind that the process of re censoring the whole game takes some time. Well, I later sent it to revision again and a few days later it was denied again. Long story short, I ended up re censoring, tweaking various things, and then sending a new revised version of the game to be reviewed about 7 times. My patience had already ran out by the third attempt.
Things got even messier. As you can expect, DLsite tells you when your product fails the verification process, and why it failed. Great, by knowing that it didn't go through, and why, you can immediately start moving to make adjustments and send a revision of your product again. But for some reason DLsite thinks it's a good idea to not tell you about either of these things after the second revision of your product. "Should we tell him his game didn't pass the verification failed? Nah, he doesn't need to know that.", "Should we let him know if there have been any changes/improvements in what the issues are? Nah, that's not important.". Each attempt at the verification process alone already takes at least 3 work days, but cutting off the communication just further slowed down the process.
Anyhow, after multiple weeks of trying to work this out, the revision I sent a week ago was finally accepted today. I still have no clue of what the actual issue with the censorship was.
Another thing to add is that while doing the messy process of sending revisions over and over, along the way I unfortunately forgot to change the release date, and when this last revision got approved it was released immediately, hence why it can currently be purchased on DLsite.
Steam. There were definitely a few issues, but overall things were mostly smooth. The main issue was the time gating. With Steam, the earliest you can release your game after starting the process is based on two conditions: 1. 30 days after starting the process, 2. at least 2 weeks after setting a release date, meaning that when choosing an internal release date, the earliest date you can choose is 2 weeks from then. Great, the earliest you can release is 2 weeks later. In the meantime you can work on your page, fill out stuff, send your game and your store page to be approved, etc. Now, when your store page gets approved, you can choose when it goes live and is visible to the public. The issue here is that when it gets approved, a condition for the game to release is added, which is that the store page has to be publicly visible for at least two weeks for you to be able to release. I was a bit too focused on getting the DLsite stuff solved, and unfortunately didn't see this new time game until a few days ago.
Because of the Steam time games, the new release date will be set as the 20th of September for all 3 platforms. The good news is that everything should be done and approved on all 3 platforms. There should absolutely no longer be anything else that could go wrong.
Overall, the process was very messy. I mentioned the main issues, but there were many others. For some of them, I'm not sure if I just had some terrible luck. Others, such as the time gating with Steam, perhaps could've been avoided if I had done a bit more research.
I hope this can give context as to why the game has been delayed so many times in these past few weeks.
Who would've known that the finish line would be the most tedious and frustrating part?
I do apologize for this ranty post. This month has just been abysmal on this side of things.

yhbt

Jun 20, 2017
I got the game on DLsite before knowing about the mistaken release, since I already use that site mainly for these kind of games, despite knowing that it will be censored there. With the dev and fans active here, I'm assuming there will be an uncensor patch (or uncensored upload).

It seemed to download and start up just fine today, but the release date currently given by DLsite is odd (Sep/11/2023 16). Will play through it after getting a hold of an uncensored version. Edit: The "16" apparently refers to the release hour, as in 16:00. I think it's a new thing, or rarely used.

Also, RIP Unity devs after the licensing news yesterday. Though, it will probably go through a few more iterations, and Flimsy will be unscathed for now. ^^

Reactions: snakeeye and lemaro

shizukami

Jul 6, 2017
Seems the DL game isn't without issues either. At least on my end the font sometimes overlaps and the game freezes (gif still playing in the background) and will not allow me to continue like 5 minutes into the game. I recommend just waiting till the floodgates open before you purchase.

I also tried playing in japanese and the bugs do not exist when playing in japanese. So wait for a bugfix if your planning to play in english.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2019
DLSITE

This version has a lot of bugs, its playable unti petal 3 life guard job event, where Hana goes to a shower and walks into a wall and not on a waypoint, game freezes,still didnt find the fix.

Reactions: n1coz1

Libelle

Jul 17, 2017
Atleast we have clear conditions on what patreons get keys now. It'll be the top 30 contributors and the 20 longest contributors. I expect that there are probably overlaps and unless Flimsy excluded that case we looking at 50 or less people that get a code. Which according to satistic is around 1/3rd of his patrons. And while that sucks for quite a few of people (me probably includes since as a 6 month patreon that wanted to support with the 11€ plan I likely meet neither of those tresholds) I can atleast understand where he is coming from with this. As the money gained from his patreon is by no means a massive source of income. You'd make more doing pretty much any day job.

4.40 star(s) 41 Votes