Exanadae

Dec 19, 2018
not a common thing but just throwing it out ther, am i the only one or can someone confirm?

if it helps, it came up when i tried to run the .exe
I got a Windows Defender warning for Happenstance-32.exe as well, although in my case it said the detected signature was Trojan:Win32/Ymacco.AA9E.

I never ran -32.exe directly, the warning only showed up when I deleted the game.

kuebrick

Dec 25, 2019
As others have said, the exe was flagged for containing 'Trojan:Win32/Ymacco.AA9E'. I've downloaded probably over 100 games from this site and this is a first. Just a heads up.

ufsmt

Jul 9, 2017
As someone who is colour blind, I had a huge amount of trouble telling the different health levels apart. So found health2.png, health3.png and health4.png and changed them from full circles, to one quarter, one half, and three quarter circles respectively. This makes them much easier to tell apart. I left full health and very low health alone.

If you want to use this yourself, download and place health2.png, health3.png and health4.png into the /game/images/HUD folder. I made these from the compressed version, but I imagine they should work fine on the normal version too.

EDIT: Extra feedback from a colour blind player. If, like me, you have a shit-ton of trouble reading the keypress quicktime events (the ones where it says "PRESS E !!" or "PRESS ENTER !!" etc), because the red text on that background is almost impossible to read, there is a fix/hack. Open events_screen.rpy in a text editor (I use notepad++), search for
text ("Press " + kd + " !!") color "#C80000" bold True size 40
and change #C80000 to something else. I found yellow ( #FFFF00 ) and white ( #FFFFFF ) both work fine.
If you're not using the compressed version, you'll need to use unren to extract the .rpy files so you can edit them.

health2.png health3.png health4.png screenshot0001.png

Last edited:

Mmoney7187

Sep 30, 2017
Wondering when the tags anal sex, cheating and corruption are going to get some more scenes. Game’s updates has mostly just been vanilla sex with the main boring af girl, wanna see the other girls already

Reactions: jack1543

Birdmanbcon

Jul 20, 2020
I got a Windows Defender warning for Happenstance-32.exe as well, although in my case it said the detected signature was Trojan:Win32/Ymacco.AA9E.

I never ran -32.exe directly, the warning only showed up when I deleted the game.
I also have been getting warnings about a trojan and it is replicating. When you get rid of it it comes back. I am working on a way to delete it.
This is the warning from Bitdefender : The file F:\Game\Happenstance-pc\Happenstance-32.exe is infected with Trojan.GenericKD.36083161 and was moved to quarantine.

*EDIT* so far, after deleting all the game files individually and then pausing my antivirus from continually putting the trojan in quarantine, where it would repopulate thanks to a hidden Rubbish folder it was also in, I was able to securely shred both the 32.exe and the trojan file in the rubbish folder.
(CHECK YOUR FOLDER WHERE THIS GAME WAS FOR A HIDDEN FOLDER CALLED rubbish, THE TROJAN MAY STILL BE ON YOUR COMPUTER.)

Last edited:

Birdmanbcon

Jul 20, 2020
CPU usage.
I'm having an issue with this update. The CPU usage is sky high. Any one else having the same issue? Just ran version 1.7 as comparison with no issues. Kaspersky at highest heuristic says no problems. Downloaded from NOPY.
Edit: MEGA download identical result. Deleted.
You may have ran into the trojan that was in the 32.exe, it called back cpu tick counts, which can rack up cpu usage. check my previous post about the hidden Rubbish folder in the drive or folder you had the game stored, you may still have it on the comp.

Reactions: User1230

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
The 32-bit .exe in the game directory for v1.80 is triggering an unusual number of antivirus engines, but most of those are "generic" AND the regular .exe .

Recent versions of Ren'Py are spitting out 32-bit game executables that set off antivirus engines, mostly due to reputation and nothing actually malicious. But that's typically a handful of engines, and usually doesn't kick off . It's all potentially explainable, but probably not a need to take chances.

Recommendation is to only run Happenstance.exe (and ignore or otherwise delete Happenstance-32.exe) for this version.

Mar 28, 2018
The 'letter spam game' to recall memories after the encounter with the stalker is bugged... example when asked to SPAM A you just get transported to the menu
1612549644987.png
and you always 'Failed' the mini-game. So will wait for an update, or patch, or appropriate advice on how to resolve the issue.

Oct 8, 2019
Well first off this game needs a horror tag as I am downright scared for every character's safety. That being said, DON'T YOU FUCKING DO IT! I am going to guess that I am not the first to start yelling when mr ???? shows up looking at Elly. Please dev don't kill her. There are enough examples of women in refrigerators and using the primary love interest that is way too innocent is just cruel. If someone must die then let it be the MCs mother. That may sound callous but at least that could give the MC a reason to move in with Alice or find their own place.

That being said I really enjoyed the world-building in this game. Sure it may not be the most original but it is still very engaging and honestly, I would not mind a few side stories with other characters. I mean not even lewd stories either, maybe a day in the life of the Barker or Brow training the next group of pups. Hell here is a free framing device should someone want to write them, Alice spying on people through cameras and collecting their stories.

I may sound weird for this but I liked the concept of the QTEs but not the execution. Choose buttons that are close together and this might not be too bad an idea but with it all over the place, yeah I had to disable those just so I didn't fail every single one. I really loved the added rollback as a plot device and the execution made me smile even while getting my ass kicked. I cannot say that I am a fan of the MC being the toughest around but I really liked the backstory of the drug addiction to maintain the edge. Hopefully, that will become a moral choice later as well.

All in all, I give the game a 7/10 with the only negative marks being that the renders could have been better, the QTEs, and the dialogue during lewd scenes. No, seriously I feel the MC sounds like a total douche when talking to Elly during these scenes. It actually is quite jarring from how they speak normally. I also feel that most of Elly's dialogue during these scenes was a little over the top. Oh and please don't take offense about the comment on the renders, I understand the not everyone has the money that some do but I do hope that if this gets a lot of support that one day it will get a fresh coat of paint, all shiny and new.

gr33nappleboy

Jul 18, 2019
In the fight against the other Power user, what clickable am I missing and/or which point do I rollback to to get an advantage? I'm a bit stuck atm

4.10 star(s) 42 Votes