2.20 star(s) 135 Votes

Sagah

Donor
Jun 9, 2017
Holy shit.... That's not even remotely what I was saying. Way to read into it whatever bullshit you want to come up with. I wasn't talking about ethics in the slightest.

Also, you're saying it's unethical... on what basis? How do you know he's doing anything unethical? Are you living with him and so can vouch for what he's doing? No, so you have only your opinion. You're entitled to that, but don't act like I'm defending what he's doing or anything.
Ah, welcome to the typical game thread conversation on this site. People speaking out of their asses all the time, I mean people in this thread still claim that this game has zero sex scenes even after the latest update when we have not fucked every single main girl apart from Rosie, but even she has already got her share of dick in other holes/hands.
I'll just say this again, the dev has stated (sure it was long time ago in 2019) that the game updates will be small since he is always doing this on his free time as a hobby of sorts, now increasing support in Patreon doesn't magically just make a dev turn into a full time developer no matter how much you want, some people still just do it as a hobby on their free time.
The other thing is that people, the damn supporters, also voted for slower more "realistic" pacing on the sex scenes, actually by a large margin (250 out of 373 votes).
Now do I think the monthy amount of content in the game is great? Of course not and I'd love if it was more, but I also knew from the start what to expect since the dev was very clear about this. At least the game does indeed update almost every single month on the exact same time and date, you can hardly say that about a lot of other devs.
The part how Rosie will be the last love interest to get properly dicked also isn't anything new or weird, that's the usual way a lot of game devs do the sex scene pacing, they leave the "main girl or the most taboo girl" to be the last one to get her cherry popped. And yeah CookieMonster666, this rant wasn't aimed at you even though I did reply to you, sorry.
Just grow up people, enjoy a wank and move on.

CptValor

Oct 8, 2017
Look, I'm not defending Caizer nor attacking him when I say this. But from as neutral a point of view as I can give — not associated with nor supporting the developer — you can't realistically expect the same from one game creator as another. We have no idea what his daily life is like. Maybe he sits around in a room eating пончик (ponchik = donuts) while watching bad reruns of some horrific soap opera. In that case, he would have all the time in the world to put into content. Maybe he has to rush all day, ferrying several kids around, spending quality time with his wife, working a day job at the same time, and only has an hour each night to squeeze in time to work on the game.

The point is, we have no idea. It's a pretty big (and unfounded) assumption to think that this developer should have the same quantity (or even quality, actually) of content in the same span of time. Obviously, I also have no idea, and he very well could be stringing everyone along. But we have literally no grounds to pretend that those giving him the benefit of the doubt are gullible. I've specifically held off on playing this for a long time now because I wanted to see what the outcome would be before investing time in playing. That doesn't mean I can fairly assume the developer is a lazy milker or w/e.
i havent been on the forum for this game in a long time and i think i need to come in and point out that while you may or may not defend the dev on this title, the facts speak for themselves! ive stated previously when i unwatched this game that i was following both this game and My Lovely Sara (MLS) back in the day. i had followed this game since the beginning (which ironically was also the ending and abandonment of MLS)! from day one in this game and in MLS, everyone was waiting for the MC and the main LI to have sex! in MLS Caizer had got to the point where the MC and Sara (main LI in MLS) were just about to have sex and he abandons the project... only to drop the first version of Happy Summer not long after that! now right there, that in itself is casting a bad light on this dev as he abandons a game just before giving the fans what they had been waiting so long for!
flash forward back to now and who knows how long this game has been drip feeding content to the player base with the promise of sex with Rosie being right around the corner with every new update! its a vicious circle and weather the dev is only able to work on the game and make content on a slower schedule than other devs isnt really the issue people are having with this game! the issue in mine and several other player/fans opinions is that we arent getting the content we have been waiting for! ive read the changelogs and have popped into the forums to read some of whats going on with this game to get a quick chuckle here and there but still to this day, no matter how many other new characters and sex scenes with those new characters are added, people are dead set on having sex with Rosie!
so why doesnt the dev give people what they want? well if you want my opinion, hes afraid of loosing his meal ticket! once people get what they want they will lose interest in the game and once they have finally gotten what they have so desperately craved for so long they just might pull the funding now that they have what they wanted! dedicated fans of course will stay for the ride and play the long game, but i think the dev is afraid of giving the players what they want because after that... where does the game go from there? sure there are other interactions and more sexual experiences for Rosie to have, but i think thats what hes saving for endgame content! once Caizer delivers the Rosie content everyone wants (if he delivers..,) then everyone will be satisfied and move on! by keeping everyone edging over "is Rosie content being released.." then he has his audience in the palm of his hand! whos to say he will ever deliver on this anyway as MLS was in production for a long time as well only to abruptly be abandoned!

@CookieMonster666 im not throwing all this out there to specifically target you but it was just your comment that got me thinking about the crazy journey this game has gone through! while the dev may be a busy guy dealing with life or he could be someone with a lot of free time and is doing the bare minimum to keep his patrons subscribed, the fact is that the content the fans are looking for still isnt being delivered and after all the time this bird has been cooking you would think it would be done by now! i do hope eventually this game gets finished and im proven wrong but unfortunately, as ive mentioned in some of my posts a while back, i sadly see the dev abandoning this game as well once hes backed into a corner and just about to give the fans the Rosie content they had been so anxious to see and was 90% of why they were subbed to this dev in the first place! but hey, thats just my opinion and you guys out there can take it or leave it!

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Ah, welcome to the typical game thread conversation on this site. People speaking out of their asses all the time, I mean people in this thread still claim that this game has zero sex scenes even after the latest update when we have not fucked every single main girl apart from Rosie, but even she has already got her share of dick in other holes/hands.
I'll just say this again, the dev has stated (sure it was long time ago in 2019) that the game updates will be small since he is always doing this on his free time as a hobby of sorts, now increasing support in Patreon doesn't magically just make a dev turn into a full time developer no matter how much you want, some people still just do it as a hobby on their free time.
The other thing is that people, the damn supporters, also voted for slower more "realistic" pacing on the sex scenes, actually by a large margin (250 out of 373 votes).
Now do I think the monthy amount of content in the game is great? Of course not and I'd love if it was more, but I also knew from the start what to expect since the dev was very clear about this. At least the game does indeed update almost every single month on the exact same time and date, you can hardly say that about a lot of other devs.
The part how Rosie will be the last love interest to get properly dicked also isn't anything new or weird, that's the usual way a lot of game devs do the sex scene pacing, they leave the "main girl or the most taboo girl" to be the last one to get her cherry popped. And yeah CookieMonster666, this rant wasn't aimed at you even though I did reply to you, sorry.
Just grow up people, enjoy a wank and move on.
Yeah, it's fair that if supporters like the idea by that much that he'd stick to that pattern. I'm pretty neutral on this, TBH. I'd obviously love to see more with Rosie happen and not 45 side ladies. But I don't really have a dog in this fight. I just try to call a spade a spade: if someone's going to make a claim (like how the developer apparently makes enough to do this full-time), it should be supported by evidence. Otherwise, someone like me will poke holes in the theory. And like you say, having Rosie be last is a "tried and true" formula for longevity of a lot of media. I'm not even slightly surprised by that.
i havent been on the forum for this game in a long time and i think i need to come in and point out that while you may or may not defend the dev on this title, the facts speak for themselves! ive stated previously when i unwatched this game that i was following both this game and My Lovely Sara (MLS) back in the day. i had followed this game since the beginning (which ironically was also the ending and abandonment of MLS)! from day one in this game and in MLS, everyone was waiting for the MC and the main LI to have sex! in MLS Caizer had got to the point where the MC and Sara (main LI in MLS) were just about to have sex and he abandons the project... only to drop the first version of Happy Summer not long after that! now right there, that in itself is casting a bad light on this dev as he abandons a game just before giving the fans what they had been waiting so long for!
flash forward back to now and who knows how long this game has been drip feeding content to the player base with the promise of sex with Rosie being right around the corner with every new update! its a vicious circle and weather the dev is only able to work on the game and make content on a slower schedule than other devs isnt really the issue people are having with this game! the issue in mine and several other player/fans opinions is that we arent getting the content we have been waiting for! ive read the changelogs and have popped into the forums to read some of whats going on with this game to get a quick chuckle here and there but still to this day, no matter how many other new characters and sex scenes with those new characters are added, people are dead set on having sex with Rosie!
so why doesnt the dev give people what they want? well if you want my opinion, hes afraid of loosing his meal ticket! once people get what they want they will lose interest in the game and once they have finally gotten what they have so desperately craved for so long they just might pull the funding now that they have what they wanted! dedicated fans of course will stay for the ride and play the long game, but i think the dev is afraid of giving the players what they want because after that... where does the game go from there? sure there are other interactions and more sexual experiences for Rosie to have, but i think thats what hes saving for endgame content! once Caizer delivers the Rosie content everyone wants (if he delivers..,) then everyone will be satisfied and move on! by keeping everyone edging over "is Rosie content being released.." then he has his audience in the palm of his hand! whos to say he will ever deliver on this anyway as MLS was in production for a long time as well only to abruptly be abandoned!

@CookieMonster666 im not throwing all this out there to specifically target you but it was just your comment that got me thinking about the crazy journey this game has gone through! while the dev may be a busy guy dealing with life or he could be someone with a lot of free time and is doing the bare minimum to keep his patrons subscribed, the fact is that the content the fans are looking for still isnt being delivered and after all the time this bird has been cooking you would think it would be done by now! i do hope eventually this game gets finished and im proven wrong but unfortunately, as ive mentioned in some of my posts a while back, i sadly see the dev abandoning this game as well once hes backed into a corner and just about to give the fans the Rosie content they had been so anxious to see and was 90% of why they were subbed to this dev in the first place! but hey, thats just my opinion and you guys out there can take it or leave it!
No worries; I don't feel targeted or anything, man. :) I will say, though, that I'm not even remotely surprised that Rosie is the last one and that not much more than... dick holding, was the last I saw? ...has happened. It's a common tactic used in media in general. How long did it take for Rachel and Ross to try an actual relationship in Friends instead of just wistful glances at each other? How long before Maddie and David finally gave in to their attraction in Moonlighting? It was many years before Niles and Daphne got romantically involved in Frasier. The pattern has existed for a very long time, even outside of adult content.

I'm not saying your (and others') complaints aren't valid. I'm only saying that I actually could see this one coming from a million miles away. It's not the only reason, but it's definitely one of the big reasons I've held off on playing this. Since I also was mostly interested in Rosie, I've just kind of lurked until that eventually happens (maybe in 2050). Like the tactic or not, it's what entertainment has shown works for literally decades. Why change a formula that proves successful?

And to reiterate what I said before, I'm not discussing whether this is ethical or not. I don't want to even broach that subject because it will only lead to arguments from different points of view.

Last edited:

aris666

Jan 6, 2020
LMAO. You act like he's living high on the hog or something. According to Graphtreon, he makes between $1000 and $3000 per month. That's maybe half a month's pay at an average wage in the majority of the United States. Obviously if he lives elsewhere that might very well amount to more. But that's only so-so earnings from Patreon. I would never equate even $3000 / month (the max in the range given) to a "full salary", especially with the out-of-control inflation today. If you worked fast food or something, maybe.
If he is still living in Russia and it's not Moscow or St. Petersburg - that amount of money are more than enough to be full salary. It's not my side to comment what he earns though. But it is laughable that last actual update for main LI was almost two years ago (I don't count 0.5.5 - as nothing happens in that one)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrkraken888

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
Unless you can provide receipts of an actual solo dev doing this, I'm going to call this out as the bullshit it is. The most highly rated games on this site that almost anyone in this thread would be familiar with struggle to put out 5-6 hours of content per year with a full time development team. Any solo dev claiming to do that every month is either putting out trash or fake. Not even those AI generated cash grab games can put out that much content that quickly
Lessons in Love. I have it in my signature. By now there is ~150+ hours of content that span on ~30k of renders of high quality in text and image. Which was done in a span of 4 years. And updates monthly. 10 times a year. 2 months of holiday (deserved).
And fans even translate it to spanish and russian. Not AI translation. 150+ hours VN.

Look, I'm not defending Caizer nor attacking him when I say this. But from as neutral a point of view as I can give — not associated with nor supporting the developer — you can't realistically expect the same from one game creator as another.
All I am saying is that if there is only 15 minutes of content per month - it's a definition of cashgrab, with a bit of amortization to keep it going.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack0h

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
Jeesuz this has turned into pages of walls of fucking text. Simple question: do you think he would keep making it if no one supported him financially and only with encouragement? My bet would be on a hard no. which should answer most statements here.

Came in to check the change log to see if it was worth downloading. Big suprise it's not. Can't remember the last time I downloaded but I'm waiting for enough content to be worth it.

Tatsuya2022

Apr 5, 2023
Is that guide mood ever going to be updated.
will be when rosie get content lol > < , am beyond tears and laughs with this developer, as you had say a spade is a spade

he could do 30 sex scenes with rosie , ? 30 updates, from slow soft sex to , a some sort of hard sex or corrupted sex, threesome ? etc etc ... sex on the beach 1th update , sex on the kitchen 2th update, OH that will get him less support , or the supports will leave him ? he think or say ? pouf

he is another lasy developer, or no have the talent to do it, or dont want for the sake of it etc. etc. want his game to be another one of the 90% of games without nothing really good. ( and after the sex scenes with others side chars , we can see that he can do sex scenes , have the skil and so , so is only a will/choice factor on his part)

so he want to wait for the sex with Rosie to the last 2 updates or so and then end the game , yeah yeah such a great ending that gonna be , puuf

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
If he is still living in Russia and it's not Moscow or St. Petersburg - that amount of money are more than enough to be full salary. It's not my side to comment what he earns though. But it is laughable that last actual update for main LI was almost two years ago (I don't count 0.5.5 - as nothing happens in that one)
Lessons in Love. I have it in my signature. By now there is ~150+ hours of content that span on ~30k of renders of high quality in text and image. Which was done in a span of 4 years. And updates monthly. 10 times a year. 2 months of holiday (deserved).
And fans even translate it to spanish and russian. Not AI translation. 150+ hours VN.

All I am saying is that if there is only 15 minutes of content per month - it's a definition of cashgrab, with a bit of amortization to keep it going.
Valid points, both. Like I said, I'm not defending anything. I said what I said. Shrug.png

Reactions: BVonkX

Resizer

Aug 12, 2018
I think the real purpose of this game is, under the guise of an erotic game, to teach us the humility of our baser feelings, philosophical self-contemplation, Buddhist self-denial and Zen practice. So in 2068, when most of us will be well over 80, we will simply smile at how worried all these slow updates caused us. In the end, what does carnal passion mean in comparison with peace of mind and a balance of energies synchronized with the balance of the Universe? Meanwhile, waiting for the next update of this game, I feel the inexorable passage of time, the inevitability of the approach of old age and the futility of existence...

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Rammundstein

HentaiSlaves

Sep 3, 2018
I think that removing the Rosie banner from the game would be good cuz at this point it's a just a bait and scam. The only possible option now is just to take the Rosie model from the game and create code with AI to make the scene happen which this days is actually not hard to do for some games. When people see that they can do it free and that they don't need to wait 5 years for 1 scene to fuk even if it was an imaginary scene made for a dream, Then someone is going to lose some money.

Reactions: Padav22

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
18JUL23 - UPDATED FOR v5.4

Added the new event for May and Mika

(was present in v4.9)
Also, I've noticed an issue with going to May's apartment after talking with Mary. The icon isn't there but you can click the street in the bottom right, it goes into an infinite loop and crashes. I added some text to the hint to wait for May's icon to show up before going there.

Copy "zz_mod_HSv5.0.rpyc" into the game folder (\HS-0.5.0-pc\game)

Features:
Added an advance time button
Added hints for the next event in the relationship screen for each character
Restored rollback and the shortcuts for it
Restored skipping and the shortcuts for it
Restored Auto-Saves
Restored Quick save/load
Restored default page numbers on the save/load screen
Zombie minigame easy farming (The hammer and axe always work so you have to hit another one to fail and exit the farming)
It's been two updates now. Will this be updated? Or does it still work? Just curious. Just got the game on the last update, and like to play with mods when available. Thanks!

2.20 star(s) 135 Votes