RPGM Hard Love - Darkest Desire Alpha [0.2.1] [MMV-DeepBride]

3.20 star(s) 14 Votes

smithsmithsmith

Aug 16, 2018
It's a pretty underwhelming amount of content for two years of development, guess this is one to put on the watchlist and try to forget about for half a decade or so.

oldtaku

Apr 3, 2018
how do I turn off the voice acting? OR better yet stop the game from trying to run it. it seems like its just one lady doing all the voices and shes pretty bad at all of them.

oldtaku

Apr 3, 2018
i can't skip past this using my old saves and this game is already pretty bloated with slow dialog. the world is bigger now but all that means is that you have more ground to slowly walk through. you can't edit these new savefiles ether, so the fear of wasting the ingame save items and being forced to cover as much of the game as possible every time you play is back too.

this game was already kind of annoying to play, why make it worse?

LewdAnime6969

Jul 4, 2019
i can't skip past this using my old saves and this game is already pretty bloated with slow dialog. the world is bigger now but all that means is that you have more ground to slowly walk through. you can't edit these new savefiles ether, so the fear of wasting the ingame save items and being forced to cover as much of the game as possible every time you play is back too.

this game was already kind of annoying to play, why make it worse?
The game was remade entierly on a more recent version of RPGMaker all while the dev (who mostly works alone) tries to add new features and CGs. I think some of those issues may be fixed next update.

ArtTrick2

Oct 19, 2018
Quit possibly one of the most poorly made battle numbers I've seen in an RPG Maker game. Early slimes needing 3 rounds to kill? Useless potions that give +1 HP? Monsters that can suddenly boost without warning and one hit kill? Plus a limited save system?

That's a lot of bullshit to go through just to see some titties. Shame, because the art was great! I may sound overly harsh, perhaps even petty, but RPGmaker is very sterile, generic, and simplistic to me after all these years.

MMV-DeepBride

Game Developer
Jun 9, 2019
Quit possibly one of the most poorly made battle numbers I've seen in an RPG Maker game. Early slimes needing 3 rounds to kill? Useless potions that give +1 HP? Monsters that can suddenly boost without warning and one hit kill? Plus a limited save system?

That's a lot of bullshit to go through just to see some titties. Shame, because the art was great! I may sound overly harsh, perhaps even petty, but RPGmaker is very sterile, generic, and simplistic to me after all these years.
I think you are still in version 7 of the game, since I reduced the difficulty a lot. And I put a lot of help. But hey, here they boast of doing a lot for the authors and when I post an update for them to put on the front page, the moderators just ignore it.
Sumario del Año.png
It's a pretty underwhelming amount of content for two years of development, guess this is one to put on the watchlist and try to forget about for half a decade or so.
HALLOWEEN.gif
They complain too much, but they're not constructive at all, nor do they take the time to read a little bit about game development updates and difficulties. All the art of the update is ready, but humanely I can't put it in a single day. My translator gave him Covid, and his mother died of this. He's obviously not well enough to help me, he's very depressed. The animator who was starting to work with me also passed away in the middle of this year of coviding. But thank you for being so understanding.

smithsmithsmith

Aug 16, 2018
They complain too much, but they're not constructive at all, nor do they take the time to read a little bit about game development updates and difficulties. All the art of the update is ready, but humanely I can't put it in a single day. My translator gave him Covid, and his mother died of this. He's obviously not well enough to help me, he's very depressed. The animator who was starting to work with me also passed away in the middle of this year of coviding. But thank you for being so understanding.
I'm sorry to hear last year was so rough for you and your team, but it wasn't a exactly a walk in the park for most people. There's dozens of games and other projects I'd like to support, most of them dealing with their own covid issues too, so things have to be weighed against each other based on where they are at and how fast they're progressing.
It's hard to give constructive advice when there's only an hour ish of content, there's promise but nothing that really makes it stand out yet. If I had to pick one thing to critique it would be the limited save system, it doesn't serve a purpose unless you plan to ramp the combat difficulty way up or add a multitude of branching pathways and in both those situations will only serve to punish players for not having precognition or not following a guide. If for some reason you really want to target the hardcore vanilla turn based combat crowd, a checkpoint save system (only being able to save at the statues for instance) would prevent people from savescumming individual encounters without punishing people for not knowing what's coming.

Johnny12

Aug 10, 2017
I think you are still in version 7 of the game, since I reduced the difficulty a lot. And I put a lot of help. But hey, here they boast of doing a lot for the authors and when I post an update for them to put on the front page, the moderators just ignore it.
View attachment 1005284

View attachment 1005287
your game is great take all the time you need in times like this it is tough especially for developers like you so don't mind him

GoblinSpirit

Dec 31, 2019
MMV-DeepBride Have to understand, always will have someone to complain about a thing or other because they don't like it, when i first played your game, i too felt too hard, having to farm saves, getting beaten up, but started to adapt and make sure that my save was worth, to not lose tons of content already progressed and such, but when i forgot to save one that and had to regress everything just to realize that i didn't save because i run out of save items and didn't know where to get more, i just gave up, it's good that you're making easier for us, i really appreciate that, also i'm very sorry for the loss of a great animator and for the loss of your translator, keep up man, i hope you can find amazing people like your animator and your translator get well soon, it's sad the times that we are facing right now, the last year was terrible, this year already started with the wrong foot too, but i hope you don't give up, he doesn't give up and both of you can go back to working together once again. Stay safe, mind more than anything your safety and the safety of all of those around you and give your translator your and your community support in such a hard time it's always hard for us to lose someone who we love deeply.

Reactions: MMV-DeepBride

J-V1

May 1, 2018
here's a constructive criticism: one valid reason for complaining is that nothing was said for a long time.
covid striked hard, yes. people involved in this game's development suffered loses. and that is a valid reason, but we didn't know that, and someone had to have said something at some point.

game updates stopped for a long time. with players not knowing the reason, complains are to be expected. if at some point one of the people involved in this game had come to tell us the animator was sick, i assure you alot of the complains would have stopped.

you had valid reasons, but you had to let your userbase know

super_slicer

Jul 16, 2017
That's the downside of having a private discord. Devs often forget that people outside the discord aren't seeing any updates they post.

That said, there's way too much whine over gameplay decisions. No potions heal 1HP. Save talismans are purchasable at the item merchant and enemies now respawn so you can't claim save are limited anymore, they just aren't free.

I've never been overly fond of RPGs where the party is quite weak but that's what the dev wants to make and it fits the story they're telling. So it seems that the only valid critique of the mechanics would be that you have to grind. Use a save editor if you don't want to.

MMV-DeepBride

Game Developer
Jun 9, 2019
I'm sorry to hear last year was so rough for you and your team, but it wasn't a exactly a walk in the park for most people. There's dozens of games and other projects I'd like to support, most of them dealing with their own covid issues too, so things have to be weighed against each other based on where they are at and how fast they're progressing.
It's hard to give constructive advice when there's only an hour ish of content, there's promise but nothing that really makes it stand out yet. If I had to pick one thing to critique it would be the limited save system, it doesn't serve a purpose unless you plan to ramp the combat difficulty way up or add a multitude of branching pathways and in both those situations will only serve to punish players for not having precognition or not following a guide. If for some reason you really want to target the hardcore vanilla turn based combat crowd, a checkpoint save system (only being able to save at the statues for instance) would prevent people from savescumming individual encounters without punishing people for not knowing what's coming.
It has already been corrected and in fact you already have the auto save option.
your game is great take all the time you need in times like this it is tough especially for developers like you so don't mind him
MMV-DeepBride Have to understand, always will have someone to complain about a thing or other because they don't like it, when i first played your game, i too felt too hard, having to farm saves, getting beaten up, but started to adapt and make sure that my save was worth, to not lose tons of content already progressed and such, but when i forgot to save one that and had to regress everything just to realize that i didn't save because i run out of save items and didn't know where to get more, i just gave up, it's good that you're making easier for us, i really appreciate that, also i'm very sorry for the loss of a great animator and for the loss of your translator, keep up man, i hope you can find amazing people like your animator and your translator get well soon, it's sad the times that we are facing right now, the last year was terrible, this year already started with the wrong foot too, but i hope you don't give up, he doesn't give up and both of you can go back to working together once again. Stay safe, mind more than anything your safety and the safety of all of those around you and give your translator your and your community support in such a hard time it's always hard for us to lose someone who we love deeply.
I appreciate the support.
here's a constructive criticism: one valid reason for complaining is that nothing was said for a long time.
covid striked hard, yes. people involved in this game's development suffered loses. and that is a valid reason, but we didn't know that, and someone had to have said something at some point.

game updates stopped for a long time. with players not knowing the reason, complains are to be expected. if at some point one of the people involved in this game had come to tell us the animator was sick, i assure you alot of the complains would have stopped.

you had valid reasons, but you had to let your userbase know
It is difficult to give this type of information of the collaborators. The last message from the animator was that he was going to the hospital to be intubated. He decided to wait a few months, but he never responded again on his social networks. Which makes me assume that he passed away.
That's the downside of having a private discord. Devs often forget that people outside the discord aren't seeing any updates they post.

That said, there's way too much whine over gameplay decisions. No potions heal 1HP. Save talismans are purchasable at the item merchant and enemies now respawn so you can't claim save are limited anymore, they just aren't free.

I've never been overly fond of RPGs where the party is quite weak but that's what the dev wants to make and it fits the story they're telling. So it seems that the only valid critique of the mechanics would be that you have to grind. Use a save editor if you don't want to.
The Discord is open to all public, in the links of the game. It's not private. And if I still need to complete a lot of the combat system, which requires a lot of time, but between trying to get new content and fixing the game, I have not had time to dedicate it.

J-V1

May 1, 2018
you can just say the animator stopped responding. or "he's at the hospital" and leave it at that. most of us won't ask for specifics if it's about health related issues.

in any case, now we know things happened and the game wasnt just forgotten. maybe you'll still see some complains here and there, but they will drop drastically i assure you

super_slicer

Jul 16, 2017
is there a save editor for rmmz saves? a save editor that works with this particular new version of the game?
Not that I'm aware of. I remembered incorrectly, used cheat engine to edit money in real time. No I don't have a table cuz I never learned how to do pointer scans or anything advanced with CE.

MMV-DeepBride

Game Developer
Jun 9, 2019
Well, here is a bit of what I put on Discord and Patreon news:giggle::
Sketchs 2021.png
Returning from a short break and returning to some pending scenes, especially Amber and Nova that will appear in the update. Nora's I'm not so sure about the time to do it besides she doesn't have a script. By the way, Nova is going to use a stool to reach the Doctor's table. The translations are more than half, and only the one from the magic school is missing. I'm also going to start programming and creating the new scenarios: The Forgotten Tower and the School of Magic. Happy weekend everyone.

Johnny12

Aug 10, 2017
Well, here is a bit of what I put on Discord and Patreon news:giggle::
View attachment 1011587
Returning from a short break and returning to some pending scenes, especially Amber and Nova that will appear in the update. Nora's I'm not so sure about the time to do it besides she doesn't have a script. By the way, Nova is going to use a stool to reach the Doctor's table. The translations are more than half, and only the one from the magic school is missing. I'm also going to start programming and creating the new scenarios: The Forgotten Tower and the School of Magic. Happy weekend everyone.
wow thanks for posting the stuff here too

super_slicer

Jul 16, 2017
MMV-DeepBride It seems you really like the idea of customizing the MC with hairstyles and clothing options. I know you use layers when you draw in whatever program you're using. Have you thought about using layers within RPGMaker? I know it's possible to do with the avatars/busts at the very least. Would cut down both the filesize and the work to import new outfits/poses/facial expressions.

3.20 star(s) 14 Votes