4.00 star(s) 35 Votes

Parmenion1405

Dec 27, 2017
Just started this game. After the first break I took I restarted the game and since then ever 2nd or 3rd click the sprite of Sophie shows up even if she isn't part of the actual plot. It's kinda annoying and even restarting the game does not help.

Does anyone know a solution to this?

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Is there any fix for the blinking of the boss' avatar, every time the background render changes? If you don't know what I mean, as soon as the render changes, you get a quick flash of the mob boss avatar for the textbox, even if he is not even in the same room with you.
That's actually a bug with Ren'Py, not the game. I don't remember what the fix is, but IIRC some developers have found a way to get it to stop happening. While I don't see that in this game, I do in others. I wish I knew how to correct it.

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
I was about to play this title, but prefer to use a text box (it aids in seeing/focusing on the text)... So after I enabled the original in game whitish textbox (with black text), I found it doesn't work very well (it's much harder to see the text).

I even tried to do what I normally do...is add my own (create a gui folder and add my choice of dark text box), which bypasses the base game textbox. But the way the text box coding was handled, it doesn't display the text correctly (white text behind the textbox, or depending on the textbox used...it can also change the text black instead of staying white. :unsure:

I guess I'll just keep the text box switch to off. Anyways...going to try this title.

(The original white text box feature is enabled- the text changes to black text when this it done. )
screenshot0005.png

(In this image, without the textbox enabled- the text reverts to white text. )
screenshot0006.png

And the image bellow, I created a gui folder, then added a dark custom textbox...which I normally use, and placed it inside the folder. I noticed the text will stay white (instead reverting to black), but the text is shown behind the dark textbox that I used (but the name box will stay consistently visible in front, regardless of the tb change).

I find this is odd...as I have never seen issues like this before doing this method of textbox replacement.
screenshot0002.png

Sinisterheat

Nov 19, 2018
Excluding the evil tentacles, the MC gives off the vibe of the mc from The Darkness game from years ago, to me anyways.

bamachine

Nov 17, 2020
That's actually a bug with Ren'Py, not the game. I don't remember what the fix is, but IIRC some developers have found a way to get it to stop happening. While I don't see that in this game, I do in others. I wish I knew how to correct it.
I found a fix for it. The existing textbox was not easily readable, so I implemented a custom one. I noticed this happening after adding that and changing the font used in the gui file. I fixed it by deleting all the saves, including those in roaming and starting it over again. No more annoying avatar blinks.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I found a fix for it. The existing textbox was not easily readable, so I implemented a custom one. I noticed this happening after adding that and changing the font used in the gui file. I fixed it by deleting all the saves, including those in roaming and starting it over again. No more annoying avatar blinks.
Some of that might have helped (no idea), but deleting the saves and starting over doesn't actually fix the bug. It just removes it entirely. The bug is something that happens rarely (again, I don't know the details) that then gets included with your saves. So as you proceed through the game with a save that has stored that bug, the bug will persist for the rest of that playthrough. Deleting the saves does make it so you don't see the bug anymore, but that's because you've completely eliminated the thing carrying the persistence; you haven't actually corrected the bug itself. It's definitely a way around the bug, however.

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
Just started playing and noticed, it doesn't have the harem tag on it here, so can you get with both daughters? Or do you have to chose between the two or anything? Just curious so I know what to expect. Thanks!

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Just started playing and noticed, it doesn't have the harem tag on it here, so can you get with both daughters? Or do you have to chose between the two or anything? Just curious so I know what to expect. Thanks!
Harem is under planned tags.
The story is already well underway to a harem possibility. The primary reason the tag isn't here yet is that not all of the girls know about one another. Only the two sisters know about each other, and also the other two girls aren't actually in a relationship with the MC quite yet. In the current F95 definition for harem, you need at least three LIs who all know about and accept each other as additional loves of the MC. As soon as either Tomoe or Raveena are in an actual relationship (and not just at the flirting stage) and that's known and accepted by both sisters (and she knows about both of them), it can be tagged as harem.

pmega

Nov 13, 2021
Some of that might have helped (no idea), but deleting the saves and starting over doesn't actually fix the bug. It just removes it entirely. The bug is something that happens rarely (again, I don't know the details) that then gets included with your saves. So as you proceed through the game with a save that has stored that bug, the bug will persist for the rest of that playthrough. Deleting the saves does make it so you don't see the bug anymore, but that's because you've completely eliminated the thing carrying the persistence; you haven't actually corrected the bug itself. It's definitely a way around the bug, however.
I can confirm it bakes into the save when it occurs. I found it so annoying I opted to remove the avatars completely by editing them out of the characters.rpy leaving only the "define" lines calling out the character names. Better no avatars the constant flash of one. If anyone wants that and not comfortable editing their own characters.rpy, I could post the replacement.

b12345oft

Dec 20, 2021
I try to Load from previous chapter ( chapter 13 ) but still can not continue to chapter 14.. It says end of chapter 13 , and it back to main menu screen..
Any help.?

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I try to Load from previous chapter ( chapter 13 ) but still can not continue to chapter 14.. It says end of chapter 13 , and it back to main menu screen..
Any help.?
I didn't see this problem in my save at the very end of Chapter 13. When you load the save, did you try rolling back a few screens and then clicking through from there? It's possible you're too far past the point of "safe" saving, causing the behavior you're seeing.

Also, have you tried loading an automatic save near the end of Chapter 13 instead? On your saves screen, if you click the letter A at the bottom (instead of a number), you might be able to find a save that will load properly and let you continue through to Chapter 14.

Reactions: b12345oft

b12345oft

Dec 20, 2021
I didn't see this problem in my save at the very end of Chapter 13. When you load the save, did you try rolling back a few screens and then clicking through from there? It's possible you're too far past the point of "safe" saving, causing the behavior you're seeing.

Also, have you tried loading an automatic save near the end of Chapter 13 instead? On your saves screen, if you click the letter A at the bottom (instead of a number), you might be able to find a save that will load properly and let you continue through to Chapter 14.
Sorry,,,, my bad... it turn out that I load from chapter 12,, and skip the chapter 13... I feal embarrassed right now ..

Last edited:
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

JGNeon

Feb 24, 2021
I had the same problem. It took some digging to figure out the problem: The way things have been coded, if you start from a "Chapter X Quick Start" (because of a previous bad save issue), you won't get into the next chapter when a new chapter is released. I had to do a quick start on chapter 13 myself because of this, and once that chapter is over, it will "return" to the main code. On a "start from the beginning", the "main code" calls each chapter (and after each chapter, it will return to the point where the next chapter is called).

The dev really needs to solve this if they want to offer a "quick start" method, otherwise, anyone using this feature would need to do a quick start every time a new chapter is released.

Sure, starting over from the beginning and speeding through everything might "solve" this for your next save, but it's a PITA.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And yes, that spoiler section was partially aimed at Kuranai (in case it wasn't too obvious ;) ).

Last edited:

Ghost''

Mar 17, 2021
Hard Times [Ch. 14 Fixed] Unofficial Android Port + AdanGC Mods's WT Mod

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

- 255mb

My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

Saves location: Storage/0011/Game-name

You can also join my discord server for more and support me.

You can also join 0011 discord server

If you like my works please support me.

Android Port Updated..

Reactions: sonhot

lianli86

Jan 21, 2022
I can confirm it bakes into the save when it occurs. I found it so annoying I opted to remove the avatars completely by editing them out of the characters.rpy leaving only the "define" lines calling out the character names. Better no avatars the constant flash of one. If anyone wants that and not comfortable editing their own characters.rpy, I could post the replacement.
could you please post the replacement

4.00 star(s) 35 Votes