4.00 star(s) 35 Votes

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
seems that the wrong character image happens every time i quit out of the game and load a save. as its now alice
Yep. As I said before, it's a Ren'Py bug; the avatar isn't necessarily always the same person. Honestly, I think the easiest thing to do is to save decently often, and if you see the bug happen, close the game, reopen it, and load the save before the avatar flash started. Otherwise, I don't know of a solution to get rid of it. (I'm sure there's got to be one somewhere; I've just never seen what it might be.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kuranai

rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
good game so far but definately find some proof readers as there are plenty of issues with the wording that a proof reder can solve for you.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
you know the simple things that a proofreader can just help you with.

Last edited:

gojira667

Sep 9, 2019
Otherwise, I don't know of a solution to get rid of it. (I'm sure there's got to be one somewhere; I've just never seen what it might be.)
Does this not work?
the66 said:
even if you use a build containing the fix, affected save files still produce the "ghost" sideimage.
add $ _side_image_attributes = None to label after_load:, and no, you don't need to block rollback here.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Does this not work?
I said previously I knew I'd seen a fix somewhere, not that there was no solution. I actually had seen this, but I was not remembering where I had read it before. Thanks for finding it and posting it so Kuranai can add it to his code if he wants.

• Hey there
Reactions: gojira667

leizja

Mar 31, 2020
Hi, I'm looking for a game that has the same protagonist. Does anyone know what the name of that game is?

1713854861147.png

Reactions: Punto

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Does anyone have any new update?
I don't see anything on Patreon, Itch.io, or Discord. I assume Kuranai is in basically the same position as he's been for awhile now, which you can read about here if you haven't already. Basically a lot of busyness IRL keeps him from making progress as fast as in the past. He's still working on it presumably, though.

Reactions: stahlblau

Kuranai

The Fool
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2020
seems that the wrong character image happens every time i quit out of the game and load a save. as its now alice
Yeah, shit always happens when I update renpy, and I keep telling myself "It's a stable build, it will work out this time for sure", being utterly hopeless when it comes to coding more complicated stuff contributes to that too.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Had to pause working on the update for a bit because of a nasty sinusitis I got, but better now and back to work. I'll post the stuff when done. Feel free to dm me on discord if theres anything about the vn you want to talk about.
Glad you're better, man. My dad actually has suffered off and on with sinusitis for years, so I get it. Stay healthy.

4.00 star(s) 35 Votes