DarkKingRen

May 30, 2017
I tried loading the save file that was posted twice and it didn't work for me, even tried editing a personal save file as well and still nothing. The file I edited had the trainer app but whenever I personally restart the game it's still saying that it's the public version and I can't start as a woman or get the patron extra start backgrounds....any idea that may help remedy this??
i also have this problem

Merkher

Sep 14, 2017
Let me tell you a short story. There was a exploit that allowed people to play almost every pirated Steam game online. Not gonna explain how it worked, but you basically changed the gameID to the one of a free game. It started as a little circle of a few people doing it, but then quickly spread to reddit and other communities. And then people started posting it on the official forums. Look at this thread for example:

There were 10.000 people playing Trine 2 demo, but only about 300 people playing the real game. What happened here is that people changed the gameID of paid games like Payday 2 (and whatever else people played back then) to Trine 2 demo, so they all showed up as playing Trine 2 demo when in reality they played other games. And once it was posted on the official forums and even more people started doing it Valve started trying to fix it.

What I am trying to say is that you shouldn't share it too often, because then the devs will start looking into ways to fix it.

For me it works. I load patreon save, then restart it and my new character has all the patreon options. I did it right now just to test if it still works. Loaded the savegame i created for Rob. Clicked on restart. Made a female character and I had my phone and everything unlocked.

View attachment 414629
Huh, weird. No matter what save I load, my older ones from patreon version, the ones posted here or newly made one, I always end up with the same result. The cheat menu in the phone works but patreon options in character creations are still locked and the game treats it as public version.

Are you using the latest version of the game? Also, could you maybe post that save game you're using? Unless it's the one from few posts above.

EDIT: Are you using the "Restart game" option from "Game Menu" to get back to the game's starting screen after loading the patreon save?

getdare

Aug 28, 2017
Yes, using the restart game option from the game menu, I am not using the back arrows or refresh or anything like that.

But I noticed something. When I hit load autosave it always loads my patreon save. Maybe you have to play for a very long time for it to save your patreon game into the cookies or something like that. I don't know, I am neither a game designer nor a web designer.

Are you using the latest version of the game? Also, could you maybe post that save game you're using? Unless it's the one from few posts above.
I did use the one I have posted above. The one called "encoded_20190929044008.txt".

Nope

Aug 5, 2016
hmm letting it autosave doesn't seem to change anything. Still no patreon content after hitting restart game.

Merkher

Sep 14, 2017
Yes, using the restart game option from the game menu, I am not using the back arrows or refresh or anything like that.

But I noticed something. When I hit load autosave it always loads my patreon save. Maybe you have to play for a very long time for it to save your patreon game into the cookies or something like that. I don't know, I am neither a game designer nor a web designer.

I did use the one I have posted above. The one called "encoded_20190929044008.txt".
hmm letting it autosave doesn't seem to change anything. Still no patreon content after hitting restart game.
Yeah, also tried that thing with auto saves but it doesn't change anything no matter how long I play.

The patreon status on loaded save should probably activate some kind of switch/variable in the game itself so it can trigger the patreon version. I remember that similar trick worked for me on a version from something like half a year ago. Doesn't seem to work anymore, at least for me.

Well, at least the cheat menu in the phone works, so there's that.

cacafuta

Mar 19, 2018
I think Getdare is playing the online version, I just tried the offline version and I had the same problem. Then i tried the online version and it works after restarting there.

Reactions: Merkher

Merkher

Sep 14, 2017
I think Getdare is playing the online version, I just tried the offline version and I had the same problem. Then i tried the online version and it works after restarting there.
You're right, works like a charm now. Thanks.

getdare

Aug 28, 2017
Sorry, I thought this was obvious. I don't know why, but the offline version keeps crashing for me. I have no issues with the online version.

ea3794

Modder
Mar 30, 2018
Doesn't work in Wine on Linux, keeps moaning it can't find HORNSTOWN.exe which is pretty stupid. If I knew what packer was used this would be a non-issue and I'd just run this HTML game natively.

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
Is any one else just getting a white screen when trying to start the 2nd stage of the mystery app?
Yup, same here for the offline version.
There's a bunch of other, minor bugs as well but this one is definitely gamebreaking, so I guess that's it for this version of the game.

alphabravo

Oct 2, 2017
So I just downloaded the game from the official link and got this error:

"Unsupported CEF version!

Expected libcef.dll version : 73.1.12.0
Found libcef.dll version : 0.0.0.0"

Once I click "OK" on this error box, a new one saying "Unexpected Launch Error Code 6" appears.

I am running Windows 10 - 64 bit and I downloaded and am trying to run the game from the D: drive of my computer. Please help!

UnlikelyGames

Welcome to Hornstown
Game Developer
Jun 21, 2019
So I just downloaded the game from the official link and got this error:

"Unsupported CEF version!

Expected libcef.dll version : 73.1.12.0
Found libcef.dll version : 0.0.0.0"

Once I click "OK" on this error box, a new one saying "Unexpected Launch Error Code 6" appears.

I am running Windows 10 - 64 bit and I downloaded and am trying to run the game from the D: drive of my computer. Please help!
Dear Alphabravo!

I found a solution here:

Hope it helps you fixing the problem.
Best Regards,

Sorina (Unlikely Team)

2.50 star(s) 28 Votes