Kinch310

Dec 17, 2021
They don't have to justify it but they need to explain it in the story if they want the readers to be invested in the story and become supporters. You can't write an all-black characters story and set it in the Middle Ages England and never talk about it.

Also I don't think the prologue was stellar writing, I already found it quite weird. It's a lot of projecting from some people in what the story could have been imo. Though yeah it's a bit disturbing that the MC is telling his story to the little girl with full detail on lewdness.
As I remember it, I liked the prologue. I thought it introduced some pretty interesting themes, and the writing was put together competently and cohesively. Maybe I need to replay it and I'm remembering it with rose-colored glasses?

As to the quality. When I'm reading a novel, there is no background music, or images, or the need for my inputs via clicking. I also don't usually jerk off to a novel. I don't come on this site expecting to meet the reincarnation of DH Lawrence or Vladimir Nabokov. But I'm also not here to rub one out in 5 minutes. The appeal of a good lewd game is unique. And so I try to judge each game against other lewd games.

Can you have a great game with mediocre or intermittently cringy writing? Sure. Summer's Gone. Wind-blown hair indoors. A first scene where a kid points a gun at someone's leg and fires it, and says "just as I thought, blanks." LOL WUT. But it's still a great overall game that is fun to play. Because its flaws are overcome by amazing renders and a nice little soundtrack.

I have no animosity toward this creator / dev. I think they did a great job on the prologue. And the first chapter was hot as hell, if not up to the level of quality in the first bit. They deserve credit for that! If they had stopped there, I'd still tell everyone that the game fragment was worth playing regardless of its incompletion. Lots of games on here like that!

People are being hard on this game because the quality drop-off is impossible to explain without acknowledging a change to the team. I think it's goofy and sort of insulting to blame the quality drop-off on something like a computer issue. I think that's shitty because I think whoever left the project should get due credit, and I'd like to follow along with their future games.

Last edited:

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
Another VN gone to the dumps because the dev wants to stretch it. Like always just for the sake of adding new characters so we won't get want as viewers until 4 years later or probably never, you completely destroyed a nice simple kinky VN by adding these random characters no one cares about and add nothing to the story.
Saying it's "destroyed" is a bit extreme, it's only been one update. I didn't like the changes either, but let's see what the dev does next. It's still a very promising game

Kinch310

Dec 17, 2021
Aha! Look at the update log. "Fixed "unnatural" English words on prologue and ch1. Thanks to Wicked Garden for this!" - I played the game after this. To me? It's pretty obvious that Wicked Garden was doing a hell of a lot more than fixing "unnatural English words." LOL

So now the thread is dead, and ratings have taken a nose dive. Take out all the ratings submitted before the update and this is a 2.5 star game. Wow. Let this be a lesson, pay the writer / translator / editor generously; and GIVE THEM CREDIT. Don't blame a "computer issue." when quality tanks after the person doing the translating/editing stops working on the project.

Edit: Thanks Aristos . Okay, that's the last one I promise.

Last edited:
Reactions: armond

Andeddo

May 6, 2018
Got it! And edited my post above. Wicked Garden deserves a shit ton of credit here. If you see this buddy, I hope you got paid. If not, that's effing criminal.
Don't take your own assumptions as ultimate truth, especially if it's based on limited information you got from comment section on pirate site
i will not undervalue work WG did, as i remember 0.1 and know what was changed, but i will disagree that he was a cement that holds game together. Especially when a lot of work was done by another proofreader for quite some time now, both before and after WG left.
I don't know why everyone decided suddenly that main people left the team
maybe because it's easier to blame everything on this, than accept the fact that nothing has changed, but since 0.1 and partialy before, all writing, coding and rendering was done by one person - the developer
and it was said before, and i don't think it was just once :unsure:
i understand frustration everyone may have, and we accept healthy critique, but it was also said why everything is as it is

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnF95zone

Kinch310

Dec 17, 2021
Don't take your own assumptions as ultimate truth, especially if it's based on limited information you got from comment section on pirate site
i will not undervalue work WG did, as i remember 0.1 and know what was changed, but i will disagree that he was a cement that holds game together. Especially when a lot of work was done by another proofreader for quite some time now, both before and after WG left.
I don't know why everyone decided suddenly that main people left the team
maybe because it's easier to blame everything on this, than accept the fact that nothing has changed, but since 0.1 and partialy before, all writing, coding and rendering was done by one person - the developer
and it was said before, and i don't think it was just once :unsure:
i understand frustration everyone may have, and we accept healthy critique, but it was also said why everything is as it is

It sounds like you were involved with the creation of the game. I can think of no other reason someone would defend the changes made to the game and to the team that makes the game.

Everything I say, I say as someone who has taken on translation work that has morphed into a rewrite. I've also done contracting work with the understanding I'd be paid, and then had the client not pay up.

To me, it is so obvious what happened that it's disappointing that it has not been explicitly acknowledged until now. I will admit that it is possible that the work I'm attributing to Wicked Garden (let's give the person credit rather than abbreviate his name) was done by more than one person. It is also possible (likely) the project lost more than one person when Wicked Garden left. If I were working with the team and y'all cut staff after the success of the intro, I'd leave the project too.

Also, I'm not saying that the project's dev deserves no credit or even equal credit to someone like Wicked Garden. They deserve enormous praise for their work, and there is no game without them. However, will you ignore the facts I will list below?

The people working on the project changed. The release timeline was adjusted. An excuse about computer hardware was offered. No change to the team was announced. After a pause, a new schedule was announced. The subsequent releases demonstrated a drastic reduction in quality which has worsened over time.

Those are the facts. Please don't force someone to make a timeline.

And can we not pretend that this site offers nothing to developers? It is the best place to attract new eyeballs and new supporters to the game. Also, look at all the posts, and the ratings filled out since the game changed. This is essential feedback. If I were developing a game, I would want to communicate transparently with the people here while I grew the supporter base for my game. Once I have enough supporters, then okay, I can get feedback from paying subscribers in a different venue. But until then, this site is a lifeline. So tell everyone the obvious. "The team composition changed, and the quality suffered. We are going to see about trying to get the band back together. If we can't, we'll have to find a way to do much better." There. Done. I would have no criticism then.

Andeddo

May 6, 2018
It sounds like you were involved with the creation of the game. I can think of no other reason someone would defend the changes made to the game and to the team that makes the game.

Everything I say, I say as someone who has taken on translation work that has morphed into a rewrite. I've also done contracting work with the understanding I'd be paid, and then had the client not pay up.

To me, it is so obvious what happened that it's disappointing that it has not been explicitly acknowledged until now. I will admit that it is possible that the work I'm attributing to Wicked Garden (let's give the person credit rather than abbreviate his name) was done by more than one person. It is also possible (likely) the project lost more than one person when Wicked Garden left. If I were working with the team and y'all cut staff after the success of the intro, I'd leave the project too.

Also, I'm not saying that the project's dev deserves no credit or even equal credit to someone like Wicked Garden. They deserve enormous praise for their work, and there is no game without them. However, will you ignore the facts I will list below?

The people working on the project changed. The release timeline was adjusted. An excuse about computer hardware was offered. No change to the team was announced. After a pause, a new schedule was announced. The subsequent releases demonstrated a drastic reduction in quality which has worsened over time.

Those are the facts. Please don't force someone to make a timeline.

And can we not pretend that this site offers nothing to developers? It is the best place to attract new eyeballs and new supporters to the game. Also, look at all the posts, and the ratings filled out since the game changed. This is essential feedback. If I were developing a game, I would want to communicate transparently with the people here while I grew the supporter base for my game. Once I have enough supporters, then okay, I can get feedback from paying subscribers in a different venue. But until then, this site is a lifeline. So tell everyone the obvious. "The team composition changed, and the quality suffered. We are going to see about trying to get the band back together. If we can't, we'll have to find a way to do much better." There. Done. I would have no criticism then.
what the fuck are you even on about?
it's not a secret i involved in the project
and of course i defend it as much, as i critique it, so let's get it out of the way
but other stuff? apart from your invaluable work experience you talk in almost every message, of course

you don't know why WG left or what he did
you don't know if anyone more left or what they did
the release timeline was adjusted? yes, because new PC allows to render, set-up next render and code or write in the same time, contrary to what was before, when one was prioritised over other
"Excuse" was offered not because we "leaked some brains" or didn't know what to do, but because DAZ literally crushed old PC, and new parts were ordered to be assembled into new working rig. Amazon for weeks couldn't deliever CPU, even after every other part came. That is a fact. The fact, that was said in dev updates, that were also shared here.
No change to the dev team was announced, because dev works solo. There is no updates to the dev team. Proofreaders are volounteers, and i fail to see why there is big need to make a post about this. That is also a fact.
Your "drastic subsequented releases that ruined the game" are only 1 - last one, that is a less than a quarter of usual chapter, because developer wanted to get out something after all the time that was spent waiting for Amazon.
and the problem with your last part of the message
thats exactly what we do
and if there is news, we share them here
if there is constructive critisism, we aknowledge it
We take part in conversations here and answer questions, if there is a need.
You assumed things you think are correct, because they are based on your own experiences, and not the stuff that happend with the game months ago

and so i say it once again,
writer of the first update, writer of the second update and writer of the last update are the same human being
And that is also a fact

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I will only reply once:
Wicked Garden was a proofreader. I had and have another proofreader too. There was never been a TEAM on development, if you were on 0.01 you would have seen all the suffering I had to take because I made a mistake in coding and all the backlash I had to take because of that release. If there was a team, probably that wouldn't happen, and I could do whatever you say I do. I dgaf If you have played this since the start or not (doesn't look like it), if Andeddo talks here is because he helps me on Discord and on this site, also. You don't know what it is the goal of my story or how I will present it, and as I said on my Patreon this update was a demo for showing how my renders will look. Also, I have made clear to some patrons that asked me... this story was never meant to be a wholesome/love story, the first release and story is a background of the mc... and about the Japan thing... guess what? I was learning how to portray it and I didn't have any good assets, I played with HDRI background and etc. Oh, and if you want to contact WickedGarden, go and PM him and ask him why he quit proofreading... hope you get a good reply. I won't say anything bad about him, he played the 0.01 he saw my mistakes in English and he made it look natural, he helped me and he was really nice to me (not like some douche that thinks he can write). Go and PM him on discord too, instead of assuming stuff you don't know. Also, stop harassing Andeddo or whatever, if you don't like a game, go an speak it is your opinion. But if you're going to make claims on my development, you better have proof, keyboard-fapping warrior.
Didn't know someone could fap the keyboard. That's a good one. I'm going to steal it. :ROFLMAO:

Kinch310

Dec 17, 2021
I will only reply once:
Wicked Garden was a proofreader. I had and have another proofreader too. There was never been a TEAM on development, if you were on 0.01 you would have seen all the suffering I had to take because I made a mistake in coding and all the backlash I had to take because of that release. If there was a team, probably that wouldn't happen, and I could do whatever you say I do. I dgaf If you have played this since the start or not (doesn't look like it), if Andeddo talks here is because he helps me on Discord and on this site, also. You don't know what it is the goal of my story or how I will present it, and as I said on my Patreon this update was a demo for showing how my renders will look. Also, I have made clear to some patrons that asked me... this story was never meant to be a wholesome/love story, the first release and story is a background of the mc... and about the Japan thing... guess what? I was learning how to portray it and I didn't have any good assets, I played with HDRI background and etc. Oh, and if you want to contact WickedGarden, go and PM him and ask him why he quit proofreading... hope you get a good reply. I won't say anything bad about him, he played the 0.01 he saw my mistakes in English and he made it look natural, he helped me and he was really nice to me (not like some douche that thinks he can write). Go and PM him on discord too, instead of assuming stuff you don't know. Also, stop harassing Andeddo or whatever, if you don't like a game, go an speak it is your opinion. But if you're going to make claims on my development, you better have proof, keyboard-fapping warrior.

Alright, let me cool things off here. I think you have a great game, on which you've worked very hard, and I give you credit for reading and responding to me. I think (remember, this is just my opinion) the problem with your game has comes down to an English-Writing problem. Some of it is a big change in pace, and plot. But most of it revolves around English language narration and dialogue. Frankly, there might even be a translation issue between you and me, as none of what I said was meant maliciously! I wrote that your prologue was one of the top 25 best games on the site if it were left alone! And also, I put my money where my mouth was and even offered to do the job myself for a negotiable rate.

It takes two to tango, and I realize now that I've contributed to the hostility, and I'm sorry. Like really. I'm sorry. Not enough people apologize anymore. I'm wrong frequently, and still think I'm a pretty decent, well-meaning person. My ego can take the hit. If there are keyboard warriors here that want to drag you down, I'm not one. I genuinely want your game to do well.

So, I will be civil and careful here, but I do think I've brought up some issues that could benefit from clarification. I have absolutely no problem with someone being on the hook for both praise and responsibility. I think your response makes it clear that you are doing 99% of the work here. Mea culpa. But it might still be helpful then to adjust the first post on this thread to reflect that it isn't a team, it's you. In the developers note you use language that makes it seem like it's a team project. I can only speak for myself, but that obviously confused me.

Another clarification would be addressing that there were changes to the folks doing the translation and that this either did (or did not) cause a bump in the development road. I have no idea what Wicked Garden is like to work with, but I can tell you that the translation in the prologue is very, very well done... And it does appear to change in quality after his departure. I'm sure that really sucks to hear; and it sounds like there's more to the story there, so I'm sorry if that's a sore subject. I'm just telling you my opinion and what I've observed from others here.

First, I don't know why some people say the first version is "lighter." It's not. It's fucking dark. It's just a more relatable type of dark (IN MY OPINION). I know people who've been shot. They acted like your MC did in the beginning. I was floored by how well this was done.

That said, I think there is a change in tone, to one that is a little more bitter or cynical. (IN MY OPINION) The MC you introduced in part one doesn't seem like someone who routinely effed prostitutes at any point in his past. HOWEVER, there's no reason why any game can't take a bitter turn and do so successfully. There doesn't NECESSARILY have to be any build-up. Plot twists and tone changes are executed successfully everywhere in creative projects. Some of the comments on here have come close to being racist in their anger about the introduction of Japanese characters and scenery. There's no reason why the game can't take place in Japan. There's no reason the main characters can't appear white. THAT IS NOT THE PROBLEM. I wrote that I would be willing to go render by render with you over the writing/execution. Meaning you do NO NEW WORK. I offered to help you write a more cohesive story in a non-native language. This is, after all, a visual NOVEL. And writing a novel in a non-native language isn't supposed to be "easy." I think it's completely reasonable to expect there to be the exact type of speed bumps you've been having. I'm not suggesting you try to make everyone happy. I've pointed to issues I think your story would be better for addressing.

I guess the point I'm driving towards is that (in my opinion) your game would be better if you had more help with the writing. This isn't about money, it's about bringing your vision to life in a way your vision deserves. I want your game to be the best game on the site. I think it could be. BUT! I think you need some help to get it there.

Finally, if I'm being honest, I probably let myself be influenced by some sour grapes about past projects; projects where I've done both the TRANSLATING from MLT to everyday speech AND major EDITING but only been credited/compensated as a translator. That was shitty of me. I was a self-righteous jerk for portions of what I wrote. I take responsibility for that and am sorry.

We all have egos, and occasionally mine makes a fool of me. I try to apologize honestly, and I try to live my life with good intentions. I think, on balance, meaning well--and not considering myself superior to anyone--counts for a lot. In my own life, I have benefited from the help of others. If you don't want my help, that's cool. Honestly, I'm pretty busy anyway. But I do think your vision could be better executed with help. I have explained why. I hope you don't hate me for thinking that, but ultimately that's up to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: allanl9020142

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Alright, let me cool things off here. I think you have a great game, on which you've worked very hard, and I give you credit for reading and responding to me. The problem I think (remember, this is just my opinion) with your game has comes down to an English-Writing problem. Some of it is a big change in pace, plot. But most of it revolves around English language narration and dialogue. Frankly, there might even be a translation issue between you and me, as none of what I said was meant maliciously! I wrote that your prologue was one of the top 25 best games on the site if it were left alone! And also, I put my money where my mouth was and even offered to do the job myself for a negotiable rate.

It takes two to tango, and I realize now that I've contributed to the hostility, and I'm sorry. Like really. I'm sorry. Not enough people just apologize anymore. I'm wrong frequently, and still think I'm a pretty decent well-meaning person. My ego can take the hit. If there are keyboard warriors here that just want to drag you down, I'm not one. I genuinely want your game to do well.

So, I will be civil and careful here but I do think I've brought up some issues that could benefit from clarification. I have absolutely no problem with someone being on the hook for both praise and responsibility. I think your response makes it clear that you are doing 99% of the work here. Mea culpa. But it might still be helpful then to adjust the first post on this thread to reflect that it isn't a team, it's you. In the developers note you use language that makes it seem like it's a team project. I can only speak for myself, but that obviously confused me.

Another point of clarification would be addressing that there were changes to the folks doing the translation and that this either did (or did not) cause a bump in the development road. I have absolutely no idea what Wicked Garden is like to work with, but I can tell you that the translation in the prologue is very, very well done... And it does appear to change in quality after his departure. I'm sure that really sucks to hear; and it sounds like there's more to the story there, so I'm sorry if that's a sore subject. I'm just telling you my opinion and what I've observed from others here.

First, I don't know why some people are saying the first version is "lighter." It's not. It's fucking dark. It's just a more relatable type of dark (IN MY OPINION). I know people who've been shot. They acted like your MC did in the beginning. I was floored by how well this was done.

That said, I think there is a change in tone, to one that is a little more bitter or cynical. (IN MY OPINION) The MC you introduced in part one doesn't seem like someone who routinely effed prostitutes at any point in his past. HOWEVER, there's no reason why any game can't take a bitter turn and do so successfully. There doesn't NECESSARILY have to be any build up. Plot twists and tone changes are executed successfully everywhere in creative projects. Some of the comments on here have come close to being racist in their anger about the introduction of Japanese characters and scenery. There's no reason why the game can't take place in Japan. There's no reason the main characters can't appear white. THAT IS NOT THE PROBLEM. I wrote that I would be willing to go render by render with you over the writing/execution. Meaning you do NO NEW WORK. I offered to help you write a more cohesive story in a non-native language. This is, after all, a visual NOVEL. And writing a novel in a non-native language isn't supposed to be "easy." I think it's completely reasonable to expect there to be the exact type of speed bumps you've been having. I'm not suggesting you try to make everyone happy. I've pointed to issues I think your story would be better for addressing.

I guess the point I'm driving towards, is that I think your game would be better if you had more help with the writing. This isn't about money, it's about bringing your vision to life in a way your vision deserves. I want your game to be the best game on the site. I think it could be. BUT! I think you need some help to get it there.

Finally, if I'm being honest, I probably let some sour grapes about past projects where I've done both translation from MLT to normal speech and major editing but only been credited/compensated as a translator. That was shitty of me. I was a self-righteous jerk for portions of what I wrote. I take responsibility for that, and am sorry.

All of us have ego, and occasionally mine makes a fool of me. I try to apologize honestly, and I try to live my life with good intentions. I think, on balance, meaning well--and not considering myself superior to anyone--counts for a lot. In my own life, I have benefited from the help of others. If you don't want my help, that's cool. Honestly, I'm pretty busy anyway. But I do think your vision could be better executed with help. I have explained why. I hope you don't hate me for thinking that, but ultimately that's up to you.
Sorry but in the end it's only your biased opinion. Why the MC wouldn't go to prostitutes? Not everyone react the same to trauma or even live their life. Also personally I don't think the prologue is exceptionally written, the dialogues and pace feel weird. I don't know if it's intended but I don't think so. I didn't notice a particular change in the writing.

And it's also a VISUAL novel, the assets are important and don't look japanese in the prologue. And no problem with white characters in Japan, but in the police it's not very believable. Ok it's a fictional Japan but it would be nice to say it somewhere (overview) or not even mention Japan, or other real places, at all.

Though I agree the writing could need a bit of work in some parts.

All in all the game is enjoyable (graphics are really really good).

Reactions: Andeddo

Kinch310

Dec 17, 2021
what the fuck are you even on about?
it's not a secret i involved in the project
and of course i defend it as much, as i critique it, so let's get it out of the way
but other stuff? apart from your invaluable work experience you talk in almost every message, of course

you don't know why WG left or what he did
you don't know if anyone more left or what they did
the release timeline was adjusted? yes, because new PC allows to render, set-up next render and code or write in the same time, contrary to what was before, when one was prioritised over other
"Excuse" was offered not because we "leaked some brains" or didn't know what to do, but because DAZ literally crushed old PC, and new parts were ordered to be assembled into new working rig. Amazon for weeks couldn't deliever CPU, even after every other part came. That is a fact. The fact, that was said in dev updates, that were also shared here.
No change to the dev team was announced, because dev works solo. There is no updates to the dev team. Proofreaders are volounteers, and i fail to see why there is big need to make a post about this. That is also a fact.
Your "drastic subsequented releases that ruined the game" are only 1 - last one, that is a less than a quarter of usual chapter, because developer wanted to get out something after all the time that was spent waiting for Amazon.
and the problem with your last part of the message
thats exactly what we do
and if there is news, we share them here
if there is constructive critisism, we aknowledge it
We take part in conversations here and answer questions, if there is a need.
You assumed things you think are correct, because they are based on your own experiences, and not the stuff that happend with the game months ago

and so i say it once again,
writer of the first update, writer of the second update and writer of the last update are the same human being
And that is also a fact
I responded to the Dev's comments above. But just to you, personally, let me be clear: I wasn't accusing you of lying or misrepresenting yourself. I only meant that I was surprised to see someone defend the project from the points I made with so much intensity--and that what you said would make more sense if you were involved in the work.

It seems to me like you're a big help to the Dev, based on what they said. That's great! I hope you don't take it personally that I still think it's not entirely accurate to say the Dev has done all the work, and that nobody left the project. Because it seems like some volunteers have helped a lot. And at least one of those volunteers is no longer helping. Maybe that volunteer will return? I don't know.

Do you see how, to some people, that sounds an awful lot like a change to the people making the game? Even though the official, paid development team is precisely the same, some people, might think the translator made a difference. You will have people who disagree. I'm not clear on whether you think there was a quality difference. Some, like dolfe67, think nothing noticeable has changed.

But to someone of the opinion that the quality has changed, seeing that a volunteer left just before the changes... Well, is it really a stretch to think there might be some causal relationship there? Is that really such an offensive thing to suggest?

Last edited:
Reactions: Andeddo

Kinch310

Dec 17, 2021
Sorry but in the end it's only your biased opinion. Why the MC wouldn't go to prostitutes? Not everyone react the same to trauma or even live their life. Also personally I don't think the prologue is exceptionally written, the dialogues and pace feel weird. I don't know if it's intended but I don't think so. I didn't notice a particular change in the writing.

And it's also a VISUAL novel, the assets are important and don't look japanese in the prologue. And no problem with white characters in Japan, but in the police it's not very believable. Ok it's a fictional Japan but it would be nice to say it somewhere (overview) or not even mention Japan, or other real places, at all.

Though I agree the writing could need a bit of work in some parts.

All in all the game is enjoyable (graphics are really really good).
The graphics are good. I appreciate your opinion on the writing. I guess we just disagree respectfully.

Bias? I don't have a bias man. I don't own put options on the game, lol. Though, I think you meant it's my opinion. Sorry, just imaging puts and calls on these games is kinda fun.

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Finally, after 2 weeks, just gets the needed break and focus some quality time and continue playing this game (up until the end of the current version, although not comprehensively i.e. did not thoroughly explore all the choices). This feedback post (and initial review) is the continuation of my previous post (my personal opinions and interpretations which can be ill-informed).

A brief summary, I like, love this game and the story it is telling. Of course there are certain aspects and characters that I don't particularly excited about but they are negligible small matters. It may seems that a lot had been told or explained so far, but there are a lot (much) more unknowns yet to discover, so I am eagerly looking forward to more contents. The writing is great, dialogues are fine, not perfect but well exceed the average. I believe this game is looking up and will get better and better with each release. Well done(y).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

WARNING!!! The following contents may contain spoilers (speculative, small and/or huge).

TLDR;

First and foremost, I summarized the chapters by linking it back to the game overview mentioned in the OP.

Hot damn:eek: I've never typed so much before. However, I wonder how much works go into actually making a game, which I can't possibly do. Even typing this is too much work for me:ROFLMAO:.

Last edited:

Kinch310

Dec 17, 2021
P/S: If I were a writer, I would probably have given some objective feedbacks and suggestions to the developer. For example, how to (improve) effectively develop scene involving side characters (that most players or readers will not care for) that plugs in, add tangible value and/or impact to the main plot (considering some players unable to grasp the values of some flashback scenes). Sadly, I am not:censored:.
I feel like this is shot at me. I offered to rewrite the entire thing. If you want me to publically humiliate someone like a cruel English teacher, I guess I can. But this is a near-total rewrite from a "speaking in coherent English POV."

Still, I can use some examples to prove my point if you like. By the way, this task was significantly more annoying because the game doesn't allow screenshots.

Current Version
"MC: If you compare it (Osaka) with Tokyo, everything isn't under control...
MC: And you will find things you used to see in the old days here.
MC: Maybe there are some boring things around Takenotsuka in Adachi, but you won't find anything exciting.
MC: It's like wanting to be a doctor and being satisfied with just treating bruises on someones knee.
MC: Although its not a wildly fucked up place, to say the least, Osaka has its interesting little things."

So many issues here. The MC is explaining to a little girl why he thinks it was beneficial for him to have started his career in Osaka, which is relatively far away from the place he grew up in--the place they are now. He compares Osaka to Tokyo and in particular to the Adachi subsection. Even more specifically, he mentions the area around Takenotsuka station as a comparator. The references are a bit esoterically Japanese for a Western reader, but that's not the problem. Nothing wrong with the writer's ideas.

The problem is that the sentences don't make sense. Since I'm not an English teacher, I'd rather not get into dependent versus independent clauses, direct objects, predicates, dangling modifiers, unclear antecedents, and all that fun stuff. Instead. I will give you my version of what I think the author is trying to say. My translation of their English into natively spoken English.

My Version
MC: In Osaka, things aren't "under control" the way they are in Tokyo...
MC: There, you see things from the old days. Things are still happening in Osaka that haven't happened here for almost a century... Things that keep the police busy.
MC: Here in Tokyo, in Adachi? If the cops are lucky, they might have something to do around Takenotsuka station. Maybe they'll arrest someone for petty theft. Half the time, it'll turn out to be someone who grabbed the wrong purse.
MC: Tokyo is quiet; boring. Safe. But boring.
MC: Would you want your doctor to have spent her entire residency wrapping sprained ankles? No, when you're sick, you want a doctor who had her finger in bullet wounds. You want one who has seen everything and is ready for anything.
Nanami: That's... I think I see what you mean...
MC: To be clear, Osaka isn't all bad. If you know someone living there, then I meant no offense. It's worth visiting. But I'd avoid being alone there if I were you...

I spent 20 minutes on that. It's harder work than I'm willing to do for free.

Lucky97

May 12, 2021
I feel like this is shot at me. I offered to rewrite the entire thing. If you want me to publically humiliate someone like a cruel English teacher, I guess I can. But this is a near-total rewrite from a "speaking in coherent English POV."

Still, I can use some examples to prove my point if you like. By the way, this task was significantly more annoying because the game doesn't allow screenshots.

Current Version
"MC: If you compare it (Osaka) with Tokyo, everything isn't under control...
MC: And you will find things you used to see in the old days here.
MC: Maybe there are some boring things around Takenotsuka in Adachi, but you won't find anything exciting.
MC: It's like wanting to be a doctor and being satisfied with just treating bruises on someones knee.
MC: Although its not a wildly fucked up place, to say the least, Osaka has its interesting little things."

So many issues here. The MC is explaining to a little girl why he thinks it was beneficial for him to have started his career in Osaka, which is relatively far away from the place he grew up in--the place they are now. He compares Osaka to Tokyo and in particular to the Adachi subsection. Even more specifically, he mentions the area around Takenotsuka station as a comparator. The references are a bit esoterically Japanese for a Western reader, but that's not the problem. Nothing wrong with the writer's ideas.

The problem is that the sentences don't make sense. Since I'm not an English teacher, I'd rather not get into dependent versus independent clauses, direct objects, predicates, dangling modifiers, unclear antecedents, and all that fun stuff. Instead. I will give you my version of what I think the author is trying to say. My translation of their English into natively spoken English.

My Version
MC: In Osaka, things aren't "under control" the way they are in Tokyo...
MC: There, you see things from the old days. Things are still happening in Osaka that haven't happened here for almost a century... Things that keep the police busy.
MC: Here in Tokyo, in Adachi? If the cops are lucky, they might have something to do around Takenotsuka station. Maybe they'll arrest someone for petty theft. Half the time, it'll turn out to be someone who grabbed the wrong purse.
MC: Tokyo is quiet; boring. Safe. But boring.
MC: Would you want your doctor to have spent her entire residency wrapping sprained ankles? No, when you're sick, you want a doctor who had her finger in bullet wounds. You want one who has seen everything and is ready for anything.
Nanami: That's... I think I see what you mean...
MC: To be clear, Osaka isn't all bad. If you know someone living there, then I meant no offense. It's worth visiting. But I'd avoid being alone there if I were you...

I spent 20 minutes on that. It's harder work than I'm willing to do for free.
I´d suggest you to get a job then.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: lnppo

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Kinch310
Sir, I don't know you. I post my initial reviews and feedbacks about this game and this game only. I did not directed anything in that post to you, any writers, professionals or members of this site. The point I made was about developing (future) scenes and has nothing to do with (existing) dialogues. I did not elaborate on it because it was a theoretical scenario.

I have no idea why you have to make it about you. I have already told you before that you should contact the developer or team directly for business related inquiries. Why you posted all the free English lessons and dialogue changes is beyond my comprehension and have no relation to my post.

I suggest that you don't reply back to avoid getting off topic (if it was not already off topics in the first place) primarily because I will not be able to read them (as I have put you on ignore*) and I don't think others are particularly excited for a reply too. Adieu.

*I put you on ignore because you provided information that I did not asked for and not interested in. Anyone is free to post whatever they like but I don't have to and not interested in reading all of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: sava75

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
I've never typed so much before.
But you did spare others, like myself, the trouble! (y)

Great write-up and I find myself in complete agreement. The only thing that you didn't mention (maybe too detailed) was the curious lack of panties on Nanami.... It makes me think she's intended as a LI as well. But anyway, great stuff! Thanks!

Reactions: JohnF95zone

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
But you did spare others, like myself, the trouble! (y)

Great write-up and I find myself in complete agreement. The only thing that you didn't mention (maybe too detailed) was the curious lack of panties on Nanami.... It makes me think she's intended as a LI as well. But anyway, great stuff! Thanks!
True to that. Thank you for the reminder. I will edit the post about the peculiar or odd Nanami behavior. I did not mentioned it before because to me Nanami is pretty much unknown stranger. I guess I just put odd for the Nanami Characters tab entry and putting inline spoiler about the panties situation. Cheers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yngling
3.80 star(s) 120 Votes