jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

I've made substantial progress. Scene 2 (out of 8) has been successfully rendered, while Scene 1 is already coded and in post-production. The rendering process for Scene 3 is currently ongoing. To minimize the wait, I plan to release the game to my patrons once Scene 4 is complete. The public release will follow after Scene 8 is finished.
I deeply appreciate your support this month - it allows me to dedicate more time and energy to this project.
Find attached some raw renderings from Scene 2.

*yukana*

Ripson

Modder
Jun 21, 2020
Here's my WT & Cheat Mod for Hard To Love v0.042

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also adds mod options for better choices, AS PER ME.

Updated, cheats unavailable for now. I'll take some assistance while fitting it for the new module.

Okyturi

Jun 8, 2020
if you have already played season 1, no need to play it again.
if you didnt play it, it would be recommended to play it before you start season 2, just for the sake of characters/story.
at the start of season 2 no old saves (aka saves from season 1) can be imported, so players have to manually enter a few major choices they did while playing it.
I still kinda dont understand if playing 0.042 (season1?) before playing 0.05 (season2?) is required or that 0.05 already has all content of season1 but better.
In developer notes it says " So, I decided to move away from "Season 1". This version, tagged as 0.042, is now considered deprecated due to numerous writing, rendering, and coding errors. ".

Also if going without cheat mode, do you need more than 1 playthrough to see most scenes?

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
I still kinda dont understand if playing 0.042 (season1?) before playing 0.05 (season2?) is required or that 0.05 already has all content of season1 but better.
In developer notes it says " So, I decided to move away from "Season 1". This version, tagged as 0.042, is now considered deprecated due to numerous writing, rendering, and coding errors. ".

Also if going without cheat mode, do you need more than 1 playthrough to see most scenes?
For now the v0.05 starts after the content of 0.042, so yes you have to play the "season 1". In the future it will be merged in a single exe but not in the short term.

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
MC doesn't even cum.
If I'm in the middle of fucking and someone walks into the room then one of two things is going to happen, either they'll be embarrassed and turn and run out and I'll keep fucking or they'll stand there, and I'll stare at them right in the face while I keep fucking.

Anything less than an emergency isn't getting in the way of my nut being busted.
He came from the BJ beforehand

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
That's not a valid argument. When I'm playing a game which has sex scenes why those sex scenes shouldn't be shown to us?

When I'm at a restaurant and orders a food I would want to eat it completely. It will piss me off if i eat a small portion of it and then the plate is taken away from me.
When in the resturant, do you go to other customers plates and finish eating what they left over, or do you order something new? You're basically complaining that you can't finish off the others half-eaten plates.

The sex in the backstories can remain as they are now, if it would otherwise stop the *current* storyline from progressing or slow down the rendering for that.

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
I find this update disappointing. I like some of the changes, but I completely don't understand the changes in the characters. Especially Amber and Isabella, which were my favourite girls in the game. Not to mention that MC has become a creppy crybaby, constantly fantasizing about all the women in the family.
I played through the entire story last night and the characters were pretty much the same in v0.5 as they were in the earlier versions, if you take into account that 5 months has passed since the end of v0.42.

Isabella - Back home, her dad's safe so she's settling into spending time with the other girls and actually opening up to her dad about how she really feels. This is a positive thing.

Amber - She was always loud, rude and antagonistic. She was the proverbial jekyll & hyde to the MC also, sweet one instant, mean and barbed tongue the next. There was a change with her with the internal debates she had, where she at least recognizes her behavior is not correct at times, but not really interested in changing it.

Madison - Still a bitch. Still trying to play mind games of some sort and still seems to have a chip on her shoulder because of her body, some lack of perceived affection of difference in treatment that she sees, etc.

Elizabeth - Going BACK to how she was in the earlier chapters, which is more akin to her 'true self'. Rebuilding her self-confidence after being mentally beat down by her husband and "playing a role" she thought everyone expected her to be as opposed to her true personality. Anyone who says she's getting wild, apparently never paid attention to her topless and trying on dresses in the beginning. Doing what she WANTS to do because she wants to and not becuase it's expected or her or forced on her.

Antonella - What little was shown, apparently doesn't even think of the MC or her daughter and is instead chasing some goal to make up for her father figure. Still as self-absorbed and flippant as she was earlier in the story. The only apparently serious thing she did was save the MC, and then call him 'handsome' again, which he missed due to being wounded at the time. Her true personality will probably come out as the story progresses, and hopefully we learn more about her side of things when she met the MC.

Naname (sp?) - Still a young, excitable girl who's turned on by sex and has a crush on an older man and trying hard for his attention. Likely does not fully understand what could happen to her if she chased too hard.

MC - Still the same person, lacking self-confidence (remember his inner thoughts in the first 2 chapters?). Still trying to follow the rules, even when he and others really don't WANT TO, simply because the rules are there. Still self-absorbed, still 'white knighting' and over-protective because he has emotional trauma that he's never let be healed because he'd prefer to pity party himself and wallow.

So yeah, in Chapter 5 they pretty much all act the same. The main story points, Isabella finally standing up for herself so her dad would stop being over-protective, Elisabeth's pool scene (OMG, that bikini and the entire scene if the MC removes the shift) and the later decision after she caught her kids doing what is pretty sure was wildly inappropriate behavior (but probably triggered her to remove any stops from chasing the MC if that route is open because he already crossed those boundaries with Amber), and of course the scene with Amber. She's still the on again, off again bitch who can't keep her mouth shut or play well with others unfortunately.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
I played through the entire story last night and the characters were pretty much the same in v0.5 as they were in the earlier versions, if you take into account that 5 months has passed since the end of v0.42.

Isabella - Back home, her dad's safe so she's settling into spending time with the other girls and actually opening up to her dad about how she really feels. This is a positive thing.

Amber - She was always loud, rude and antagonistic. She was the proverbial jekyll & hyde to the MC also, sweet one instant, mean and barbed tongue the next. There was a change with her with the internal debates she had, where she at least recognizes her behavior is not correct at times, but not really interested in changing it.

Madison - Still a bitch. Still trying to play mind games of some sort and still seems to have a chip on her shoulder because of her body, some lack of perceived affection of difference in treatment that she sees, etc.

Elizabeth - Going BACK to how she was in the earlier chapters, which is more akin to her 'true self'. Rebuilding her self-confidence after being mentally beat down by her husband and "playing a role" she thought everyone expected her to be as opposed to her true personality. Anyone who says she's getting wild, apparently never paid attention to her topless and trying on dresses in the beginning. Doing what she WANTS to do because she wants to and not becuase it's expected or her or forced on her.

Antonella - What little was shown, apparently doesn't even think of the MC or her daughter and is instead chasing some goal to make up for her father figure. Still as self-absorbed and flippant as she was earlier in the story. The only apparently serious thing she did was save the MC, and then call him 'handsome' again, which he missed due to being wounded at the time. Her true personality will probably come out as the story progresses, and hopefully we learn more about her side of things when she met the MC.

Naname (sp?) - Still a young, excitable girl who's turned on by sex and has a crush on an older man and trying hard for his attention. Likely does not fully understand what could happen to her if she chased too hard.

MC - Still the same person, lacking self-confidence (remember his inner thoughts in the first 2 chapters?). Still trying to follow the rules, even when he and others really don't WANT TO, simply because the rules are there. Still self-absorbed, still 'white knighting' and over-protective because he has emotional trauma that he's never let be healed because he'd prefer to pity party himself and wallow.

So yeah, in Chapter 5 they pretty much all act the same. The main story points, Isabella finally standing up for herself so her dad would stop being over-protective, Elisabeth's pool scene (OMG, that bikini and the entire scene if the MC removes the shift) and the later decision after she caught her kids doing what is pretty sure was wildly inappropriate behavior (but probably triggered her to remove any stops from chasing the MC if that route is open because he already crossed those boundaries with Amber), and of course the scene with Amber. She's still the on again, off again bitch who can't keep her mouth shut or play well with others unfortunately.
Yeah I don't think the characters have changed, it's just new situations.

That said, I think there is something not quite right with the dialogues. It's proper english but it doesn't feel very natural, it doesn't flow well every time. It makes some character's reactions a bit weird. I think it would be a more popular game with better crafted dialogues without changing anything else.

Also the MC is too reluctant and depressed it becomes annoying. And what did he do in 5 months? His situation (and all the character's) didn't change much from the previous update.

yyyhhh123

Aug 2, 2022
This pussy MC doesn't deserve Antonella, no wonder she left lol
New player and just played the whole game, idk but the first few scenes with Antonella just lift my expectation too high, I mean these scenes are too good which leads to me kinda don't give a shit about the other characters, especially all of them are drama queens who just want MC's dick. Particularly in this update everyone just start argue with each other, even Isabella lol, and MC just do nothing and get controlled by them easily. And Antonella has nearly no scene after appearing as the best girl and the girl MC truly loves makes me feel so annoying. After 5 updates MC is still in his dramatic house, and do nothing makes me even more annoyed lol. For me I just wanna know why did Antonella leaves and where did she go, I am sorry but she is the only character that I truly cares about. Paz and Arlette having nearly 0 plots even though they seems interesting too. I get that the drama between the girls is a main plot of this game but they are seriously so annoying. I just hope that I can see MC finally leaves his house and go investigate instead of Amber fighting with Elizabeth again. I still like this game tho because the renders are too good and some of the lines are quite good, but seriously this game needs main plot progression.

Okyturi

Jun 8, 2020
Some really hit or miss with character models. In my personal opinion great character models is arguably most important part of VN. Some here are amazing, some meh.
I dont know if it was feedback to dev (or he planned it all along) but change to Elizabeth (mom) in last chapter is great. Still cant hold a candle to Elizabeth 19~ years ago but now she looks great. And she is in her 50s (maybe even late 50s?)
1. Elizabeth 19 years ago 2. Nanami 3. Elizabeth in last chapter
Paz looks interesting, Isabella, Antonella as well.
Both sisters kinda meh. I guess thats the idea with Amber but bipolar (or whatever term is correct) is kinda annoying. Maddie has no looks and is annoying as fuck. Thats like the worst combo...

Kinda annoyed by many choices (there are so many good VNs around, dont want to do multiple playthroughs just to see maybe one extra scene or one scene being different).
Also wtf happened in that time skip between last two chapters? Arlette not in contact anymore it seems.
Also not a groundbreaking theory but it is getting quite obvious that MCs father is connected to Antonella dissappearance. Maybe blackmailed her and threatened to off Isabella or so.

Aner878787

Nov 17, 2018
Also wtf happened in that time skip between last two chapters? Arlette not in contact anymore it seems.
Not sure what is the point of that character though. First part mc is kind of a dick to her, then she is given a back story and now she seems to have been discarded as a LI

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Updated, cheats unavailable for now. I'll take some assistance while fitting it for the new module.
So I ran into an error on start-up:
File "game/cheats.rpy", line 384: expected statement.
tag menu
^

File "game/cheats.rpy", line 385: expected statement.
use cheatnavigation7

I tried searching for whether anyone else ran into that but nothing came up. I was wondering if anyone has had this problem.

Reactions: Eagle1969

MaRk34Chr1s

May 6, 2020
funny enough - thats exactly my reaction after seeing your top10 games:BootyTime:
speaks for itself about validity of your opinion...ofc in this democratic zone, you are free to "expose" it for all to see (might not be such great sight though):KEK:
What do you want from me? This image should only show how advanced the developer is with this game! Sure this is my top 10 not yours!

3.80 star(s) 120 Votes