Mars88

Nov 20, 2017
Seeing Yakuna's legs and hearing about her problems, I would guess that in Antonella she partially describes herself

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
View attachment 3996438
View attachment 3996439
View attachment 3996440
View attachment 3996443
View attachment 3996444
View attachment 3996447
View attachment 3996449

September news

Hey everyone! Yukana here

So, um, I kinda ghosted you all last month (August) There wasn't enough content for an update that made sense, you know? But don't worry, I've been working hard!

Some news for Hard to Love:
- Lewd scenes coming up with Nanami, Amber, Elizabeth, Madison, and Isabella! ️
- It's taking more time and imagination than I thought... these girls are demanding!

Animations galore:
- Added over 10 new image-based animations! (will be even more)
- Quick question: Should I add animations to Episode 2? It'll slow down new content, so let me know what you think!

About the visuals:
- I might've gone a bit overboard with the AI blending... oops!
- But I think I'm getting better! Check out the previews I've attached!
Life update:
- My pets and I are hanging in there, thanks to your support!
- You guys give us hope for a better future. Seriously, thank you! ❤

️ I made a little sign for you all! My English isn't perfect, but I tried my best. My therapist said I should connect more with you guys, so... here goes!

Oh, and you can follow me on now! I haven't posted yet (kinda nervous ), but maybe it'll help me practice my English?
Anyway, that's all for now! Thanks for sticking with me and Hard to Love. You're the best!
xoxo,
Yukana
When I first saw that she was using A.I, I was very against it but this looks really good to me. There are some renders in the game that she probably should go back and fix but overall it's not bad.
I said this before in the thread, but I am probably enjoying the remake, more than I was the original. I liked the original version but the story now is a lot easier to follow.

Reactions: JojodoLolo

SonsOfLiberty

Post Pro
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Seeing Yakuna's legs and hearing about her problems, I would guess that in Antonella she partially describes herself
I could see that, as in some of the characters in these games, some dev's always put a little of something of themselves in the game.

Reactions: Mars88

Mars88

Nov 20, 2017
I could see that, as in some of the characters in these games, some dev's always put a little of something of themselves in the game.
Yes, it's a common practice in books, writers often reflect themselves partially or completely in their characters. I just wish her the best and hope that her parents are not like Antonella's.

SonsOfLiberty

Post Pro
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Yes, it's a common practice in books, writers often reflect themselves partially or completely in their characters. I just wish her the best and hope that her parents are not like Antonella's.
Oh I wasn't meaning the parents or the way the character acts, I was more saying the way the character looks with tattoo's etc.

Reactions: Mars88

SonsOfLiberty

Post Pro
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
ep04_32_08.png

ep04_23_17_a.png

More news...............

Hey again, lovelies! Yukana here,

So, I've been reading all your comments (good and bad, but hey, that's life, right?)

About those Episode 2 animations:

- I've decided to make them, but not right away, perhaps at some point in the future.

- As some of you said... gotta keep the story moving forward! ➡

Code talk time:

- I heard some people thought I code everything from scratch? Nah, never said that!

- I use Cursor (super handy for newbies like me!). Things work better now, right?

- Or would you prefer 1000 bugs like when I coded alone?

- PS: Cursor messes up sometimes too. We're all learning here!

‍ About those AI-enhanced textures:

- Yeah, I got a bit carried away at first as I said before... What can I say? I was excited!

- I'll keep using AI, but I'm getting better at blending. No more overdoing it!

- So no endless reworks. We're moving forward, people!

Communication plans:

- I'll try to write at least twice a week.

- Game updates, life updates, whatever you want! Just let me know!

‍♀ About my characters:

- I've read somewhere I can't say that some of you noticed they have bits of me in them. Physically? Emotionally? Maybe? ‍♀

- But yeah, there are experiences from me and people I know hidden in there.

- Thanks for paying attention to the stories, not just the... um, attributes.

️ More previews coming your way! Currently rendering Madison's part.

That's all for now! Catch you next week! Mwah!

xoxo,

Yukana

P.S. Thanks for giving me and Hard to Love a chance. You're the reason I keep going!

Griev

Dec 7, 2021
Does anyone know what AI program/filter is used to take these rendered images and add AI generated improvements?

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
Reactions: Ratonton

SonsOfLiberty

Post Pro
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
ach_ep04_nanami2.png

Hi everyone...

I hope you're doing well. To be honest, it hasn't been the best week for me personally. I... I didn't work for two days because I felt overwhelmed. I just stayed in bed, wanting to sleep. That's why I didn't write twice this week. I'm sorry about that.

On the game development side, I'm slightly happy about something. I found a way to compress images almost losslessly using a special AVIF codec. It's much better than PNG or the awful WebP/JPEG that always created artifacts or banding (even at 95 quality). And don't get me started on PNGcrushers... Anyway, I'm kind of in love with AVIF now.

Regarding renders, I'm still making progress. I'm almost done with Madison's scene. Oh, and I read that I should tone down the AI in previous renders. So on one of those days when I wasn't feeling great and didn't want to do much, I redid the achievements. I think they look more natural and less AI-ish now. It's the new blending technique I've standardized, which will be used in the upcoming update. I also fixed a couple of images from Episode 2.

For what's coming next, I've been thinking about two options for the next chapter: focus on Elizabeth or focus on Antonella. The first would involve more player interaction, while the second would have less due to the "physical" distance between the characters involved. I was thinking of creating a poll about this. Do you think that's a good idea?

That's all for now. Thank you for reading this. Your support means a lot to me.

~Yukana ❤

Mantioxi

Nov 24, 2020
What can also help with "fakyness" of AI is grain. Slight grain would abolish all the banding and oversharpened AI stuff. But well... Creator has lots and lots to learn. Sad that she is experimenting with this stuff now instead of at the very very beginning of this VN's development.

DevinHesi

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2021

1726760982718.png

Hey everyone...

Things are... getting better on a personal level. I know I have many problems, but I'm trying to manage them. This game and lifestyle feel like my way out of the mental struggles I've been dealing with. It's funny that some of you noticed similarities with Antonella... I guess art imitates life sometimes, huh?

Anyway, let's talk about the game!

I've got a sneak peek of Madison for you! As you may know, she's a bit on the dom side. She's one of the possible outcomes at the end of the episode, along with Isabella, Elizabeth, and Amber. Each different outcome leads to a unique achievement. Great, right?

Also, I'm putting up a poll that'll be pinned until the next update drops. I've got two ideas for the next chapter, and I want YOUR input on which character to focus on:

• Antonella: This would be a more passive, almost kinetic novel-style episode.
  • Elizabeth: This would be more in line with what you're used to.
Remember, each patron tier has different voting power (higher tier = more weight). For example: $1 = 1 vote $5 = 2 votes $10 = 3 votes ...and so on!

This poll is all about deciding the focus character. Just like Nanami was the focus this time (with other characters still participating), or how Antonella was the focus in the first episode and Amber in the second.

Thanks for reading and for your continued support of my project! You guys are the best!

Yukana ❤❤❤

Pun1sh3r13

Feb 27, 2023

View attachment 4050434

Hey everyone...

Things are... getting better on a personal level. I know I have many problems, but I'm trying to manage them. This game and lifestyle feel like my way out of the mental struggles I've been dealing with. It's funny that some of you noticed similarities with Antonella... I guess art imitates life sometimes, huh?

Anyway, let's talk about the game!

I've got a sneak peek of Madison for you! As you may know, she's a bit on the dom side. She's one of the possible outcomes at the end of the episode, along with Isabella, Elizabeth, and Amber. Each different outcome leads to a unique achievement. Great, right?

Also, I'm putting up a poll that'll be pinned until the next update drops. I've got two ideas for the next chapter, and I want YOUR input on which character to focus on:

• Antonella: This would be a more passive, almost kinetic novel-style episode.
  • Elizabeth: This would be more in line with what you're used to.
Remember, each patron tier has different voting power (higher tier = more weight). For example: $1 = 1 vote $5 = 2 votes $10 = 3 votes ...and so on!

This poll is all about deciding the focus character. Just like Nanami was the focus this time (with other characters still participating), or how Antonella was the focus in the first episode and Amber in the second.

Thanks for reading and for your continued support of my project! You guys are the best!

Yukana ❤❤❤
thanks for sharing, so... what I understood is that if you pay more your decisions will have more weight in the story, is that so? the higher your subscription in patreon the more weight your votes will have in terms of the story, if so, good way to make a story.

3.70 star(s) 130 Votes