4.50 star(s) 11 Votes

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022
# Dev Log #8 | Episode 1
## Translator and Script Updates
Earlier this year, we were searching for translators for Hardenville. We've received some applications, and we're beginning to accept them. So far, we've received applications for Chinese, English proofreading, French, German, and Portuguese. I'm going to send them the script for The Prologue soon for them to begin working with, and hopefully, within this week, I'll send the entire script for Episode 1 to the English proofreader. Then, hopefully, I'll send the script for Episode 1 to the other translators next week.

## Renders are still in production
The images and animations are still rendering, which is, once again, time-consuming considering renders take from 30 to 90 minutes just for the image to render, not including the time to pose, set up lighting, etc.

I still can't promise a specific date for the release of Hardenville Episode 1, which means, once again, that it won't happen this month either. I'm not going to sugarcoat it, but I'm so sorry to disappoint you again and again about the release schedule. But rest assured, this will indeed be a good episode compared to the Prologue.

As always, thank you so much for your patience and support!
screenshot0001.png screenshot0002.png screenshot0003.png screenshot0006-1.png screenshot0004.png screenshot0005.png screenshot0007.png

JoyFI Games

Hardenville
Game Developer
May 9, 2022
Well, this had a nice start but ... project management skills ...

Loosing the update deadline by that much. An additional update was scheduled for q1 2024.. So disappointing
There were some questions prior to yours that appear to have been deleted. I don't have permission to delete comments, so that's strange.

However, to answer your comment, it's pretty much the same as one I received on Steam earlier today. So I'll answer yours in the same way I did his:

"Trust me, there is nobody more disappointed in delays than me. However, I've received hundreds of feedback messages about The Prologue, and I agree with many of them. Being the sole developer responsible for writing the script, creating characters and environments, creating some assets in Blender, writing code, etc., takes a lot of time, including rendering scenes in 4k with highly detailed skin. After releasing The Prologue, it was the first time I actually received feedback from anyone other than myself. It's important to strike a balance between sticking to your vision and listening to feedback. I made many small changes to characters, such as adjusting body sizes, hair colors, and freckles, among other things.

Overall, the extra time I've spent on Episode 1 is worth it and sets Hardenville in a better tone and direction, moving forward with more realism in interactions, and in how the first sex scenes are portrayed."

Last edited:

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
There were some questions prior to yours that appear to have been deleted. I don't have permission to delete comments, so that's strange
Bunch of posts got deleted, including mine. I got no notifications, so it was done on the down low. They were not off topic, just basically asking if the game was worth buying on Steam with all the update delays. I went ahead and bought it on sale, as it was a good price, and hopefully it will help the updates become more regular. Thanks for the reply. ;)

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022
# Dev Log #9 | Episode 1

## Sneak Preview of What's to Come in the next big update, Episode 1

The Prologue:
- Added emojis for text messages
- Improved support for gamepad
- Option to refer to the landlady as Johanna or the landlord as Tom in the dialogues
- Corrected grammar errors
- Fixed some screens that were not pointing back to the correct screen
- Faster menu with reduced lag
- Fixed some persistent values that were not being saved
- Made slight changes to the UI
- More achievements added (Steam): Porta-Potty Fun, Win Rock Paper Scissors

Episode 1:
- Added 2 new mini-games: handball and beer pong
- Included 2 new sex scenes
- Added new contacts
- Added new gallery images
- Introduced new residents: dog, cat, Hallie, Kiara
- Added new songs
- Added new text messages
- Added new achievements (Steam): Doggo (Name Your Dog), Goalie of the Day (Win The Shoot-Out Against Millie), Beer Pong Champion (Win the Beer Pong match), Cashed in V-Card (Best 20 Seconds of My Life), Complete Episode 1
- Added more SFX
- Official Android port

## work, work, render, render, code, code
I just wanted to tell you guys how amazingly patient you've all been. I know for a fact that it is very frustrating being promised a release date and it not being met. It is the worst feeling for me to disappoint you over and over again. Many have wondered why there's been so much delay, and that is a very fair question to ask. For those who don't know, I'm the sole developer. As a sole developer, I don't get that much input from others, which means that I can indeed change my mind a lot when it comes to content and how it's going to be portrayed. As has been said many times before, renders take a lot of time to render, and if renders don't look that great after all, I would need to change up a lot and then try again. With renders taking from 30 to 120 minutes, and then maybe altering some renders two or three times, that means that it doesn't always result in a lot of progress in a day. I do have some personal stuff here and there as well that I need to prioritize. But rest assured, my mind and focus are on Hardenville. I'm still super confident and eager to work and deliver new updates to you all. So please don't worry about the project being abandoned. I'm not a quitter! Just a tiny bit of a perfectionist when it comes to making the renders look good.

I have promised many more episodes for this year. And for each episode, I expect faster progress because of less extra tweaking on characters, environments, code functionality, and so on. Realistically, I probably would need to push Episode 5 to be the first episode launched in 2025, which means that I will work my butt off to deliver Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, and Episode 4 to you all this year.

For those who are interested, Hardenville is on sale for 50% off on Steam and (tomorrow) on Itch.io.

A massive thank you again for supporting this project. I'm using your hard-earned money on new assets and other Hardenville-related additions almost every single day. Once Episode 1 is launched, and I can begin work on Episode 2, I will consider doing some streams of showing you the creation of the new renders as other developers do if you're interested. screenshot0011.png

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

After months of waiting for the FE to be available to order, it has finally become available. I've refreshed Nvidia's homepage every day since January. As many of you know, I purchased a new and upgraded PC rig in January but waited for the specific GPU to become available. So, since then, I've used my old RTX 3090 FE on my new PC rig, while the old one has been collecting dust.

A few hours ago, it suddenly became available, and I quickly ordered it. This means that hopefully later this week, I can actually use two PCs side-by-side for a more efficient workflow. For example, one for renders and one for animations. This will be a game-changer! I know that the RTX 5090 will most likely be released in September/October, but that is a long wait. When it becomes available, I hope to sell my RTX 3090, swap the RTX 4090 to my old rig, and purchase the RTX 5090 to install it on my newer PC rig.

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022
# Dev Log #10 | Episode 1

## RTX 4090 Finally Arrived: Now Possible With Two PCs Side-By-Side

GPU just arrived
After months of waiting for the Nvidia RTX 4090 FE to come in stock, refreshing Nvidia's homepage multiple times per day, earlier this week, I was finally able to order the GPU. And it arrived in my hands today. Now, I can install the RTX 4090 into the new rig I purchased in January, which means I can once again use my old rig and reinstall the RTX 3090 back into it. I will use the rest of the week/weekend to configure an efficient workflow between these two PCs so they can share the same assets, saves, etc. With the new GPU, render times should reduce significantly, making multitasking much easier. I plan to buy the (most likely upcoming) RTX 5090 when and if it launches later this year. Then, I'll install the RTX 4090 into the old rig and the RTX 5090 into the new rig.

Thank you so much for your patience!

4.50 star(s) 11 Votes