4.50 star(s) 11 Votes

JoyFI Games

Hardenville
Game Developer
May 9, 2022
I see, though what i meant was....do you have a story mapping as in, could you see yourself tell the story you want through this game in the first season itself? OR You have some plans as to how you can divide that story over multiple seasons?
I have planned the main events storywise for this season. I hope that I can fit all of that into the 9 episodes. But there is a chance that it can feel a bit too fast-paced when we're nearing mid-season, which is not something that I want. At that time, the renders and puzzle pieces should start to come together better. In that case, it might be better to continue into a second season. But yeah, I think it's better to bring this conversation up again after releasing a couple of episodes instead.

JoyFI Games

Hardenville
Game Developer
May 9, 2022
Dev Log #12 | Episode 1

The Final Dev Log for This Episode

We're so close to the release of the long-awaited continuation of Hardenville. As many of you know, I aimed for the end of June as the release date for Episode 1. But to cut it short, I need one additional week to properly test everything and polish it so it's delivered in the best shape possible. There are a lot of changes in Episode 1. There has been plenty of trial and error over the last few months with renders. However, I personally feel that Episode 1 is done more professionally and also has a more professional feel than The Prologue.

As much as I hate to announce a one-week delay, I promise with all my heart that it will release in two weeks, during the week of July 1-7. I'm aiming for a Friday release, but in the worst-case scenario, I might need Saturday and/or Sunday as well. However, it will be released that weekend for sure. I had originally planned a short week off that week, but that is, of course, postponed to after the Episode 1 release that weekend. It will be good for my heart to take a break from three energy drinks every day.

Other than that, this will be the last Dev Log for Episode 1. The next Dev Log will be for Episode 2.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.50 star(s) 11 Votes