myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Can't click on Alexa's profile picture without hitting a traceback error her one quest doesn't seem to do anything other then the bright flash screen and then nothing.

It seems like for some reason Alexa and Amanda are using the same variables or something. Sneaking on Alexa at night shows Amanda's picture instead of Alexa's if you are talking to Alexa when Amanda is at the standing rock it'll throw up a traceback error. Alexa also seems to be missing some pictures.

Fixed Amanda's icon appearing when looking at Alexa at night. You need to open alexa.rpy and search for $ girl_current=amanda_char and change it to $ girl_current=alexa_char.

While loading <'Image' u'alexa__umbrella_button_highlighted.png'>:
File "game/locations.rpy", line 1104, in script
call screen lake_hub()
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'alexa__umbrella_button_highlighted.png'. Fix this one by changing alexa_umbrella_button_highlighted.png to alexa__umbrella_button_highlighted.png.

While loading <'Image' u'alexa_button_highlighted.png'>:
File "game/locations.rpy", line 1458, in script
call screen mess_hall_interior()
IOError: Couldn't find file 'alexa_button_highlighted.png'. Same as above but remove one of the _.

While running game code:
File "game/alexa.rpy", line 914, in script
if alexa_char.quest_swimming==0:
File "game/alexa.rpy", line 914, in <module>
AttributeError: 'Girl' object has no attribute 'quest_swimming'

alexa_afraid.PNG alexa_topless_kiss_side.PNG missing.

MC: Well my car shit the bed. MC: Hey, I have a car that shit the bed. ME: Well why the fuck did you bring it into your bedroom for.

Don't go to city hall it'll cause your game to crash when you try to leave.

While running game code:
File "game/locations.rpy", line 2314, in script
call screen pre_confidence("Demand a Liquor License","city_hall_office")
ScriptError: could not find label 'city_hall_office'.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/items.rpy", line 253, in script
$ renpy.jump(girl_current.prefix + "_gift")
ScriptError: could not find label 'alexa_gift'.

Last edited:

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
Version 0.4.1.

I just tried to sleep the first night and wake up tired. Talked to the girls in the evening and now I cannot do ANYTHING.
There is NOWHERE to go to let me rest. What the fuck is up with that!!?

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
Add.. Locations.rpy

Update
$ locaiton_graveyard.visited=1

to

$ location_graveyard.visited=1

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
Also, in script.rpy

Code:
        if girl[inc]==alexa_char:
            if day_time>3 and renpy.random.randint(1,6)==2 and amanda_char.standing_stone>=3:
Should be

Code:
        if girl[inc]==alexa_char:
            if day_time>3 and renpy.random.randint(1,6)==2 and alexa_char.standing_stone>=3:
But that will throw it's own error because the DEV didn't initialize the variable for Alexa_char.standing_stone

I was able to put together a chicken wire and bubble gum MOD that initialized a couple of things:

$ alexa_char.quest_standing_stone=0
$ location_staff_quarters_2.bg="staff_cabin_01_exterior"

but I'm not comfortable enough with this mod, I suspect the DEV is getting lots of feedback from their patrons or whomever normally tells them about screwups and we can only hope they release an official fix that fixes all the things me and myuhinny are posting about.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
At night, when I visit the campsite, I meet an orc woman, where you have the option to Talk (she doesn't want to during your first encounter with her) or Play Gwunt. After you win the card game, I encounter the following traceback error. Would someone who knows Ren'Py be able to provide a fix? Even manual typing of corrections in the code is fine with me; I just don't know Python / Ren'Py well enough to know what should be used (valid operands) instead on the line with the error.

morph6785

Jan 12, 2019
```

While loading <'Image' 'images/map/camp_background.jpg'>:
Exception: Could not load image 'images/map/camp_background.jpg': error('JPEG loading error',)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "locations.rpyc", line 97, in script
File "C:\Users\dually\renpy-7.2.2-sdk\renpy\ast.py", line 1389, in execute
File "C:\Users\dually\renpy-7.2.2-sdk\renpy\exports.py", line 1601, in with_statement
File "C:\Users\dually\renpy-7.2.2-sdk\renpy\display\core.py", line 2251, in do_with
File "C:\Users\dually\renpy-7.2.2-sdk\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
File "C:\Users\dually\renpy-7.2.2-sdk\renpy\display\core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
File "C:\Users\dually\renpy-7.2.2-sdk\renpy\display\core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen/renpy.display.render.c:6805)
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen/renpy.display.render.c:3520)
File "C:\Users\dually\renpy-7.2.2-sdk\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen/renpy.display.render.c:4075)
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen/renpy.display.render.c:3520)
File "C:\Users\dually\renpy-7.2.2-sdk\renpy\display\transition.py", line 361, in render
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen/renpy.display.render.c:4075)
File "C:\Users\dually\renpy-7.2.2-sdk\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
File "C:\Users\dually\renpy-7.2.2-sdk\renpy\display\image.py", line 500, in render
File "C:\Users\dually\renpy-7.2.2-sdk\renpy\display\image.py", line 306, in wrap_render
File "C:\Users\dually\renpy-7.2.2-sdk\renpy\display\im.py", line 583, in render
File "C:\Users\dually\renpy-7.2.2-sdk\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
File "C:\Users\dually\renpy-7.2.2-sdk\renpy\display\im.py", line 628, in load
File "C:\Users\dually\renpy-7.2.2-sdk\renpy\display\pgrender.py", line 162, in load_image
Exception: Could not load image 'images/map/camp_background.jpg': error('JPEG loading error',)

```
Why put Android version before you tested it?

hentai charley

Oct 17, 2019
Can't click on Alexa's profile picture without hitting a traceback error her one quest doesn't seem to do anything other then the bright flash screen and then nothing.

It seems like for some reason Alexa and Amanda are using the same variables or something. Sneaking on Alexa at night shows Amanda's picture instead of Alexa's if you are talking to Alexa when Amanda is at the standing rock it'll throw up a traceback error. Alexa also seems to be missing some pictures.

Fixed Amanda's icon appearing when looking at Alexa at night. You need to open alexa.rpy and search for $ girl_current=amanda_char and change it to $ girl_current=alexa_char.

While loading <'Image' u'alexa__umbrella_button_highlighted.png'>:
File "game/locations.rpy", line 1104, in script
call screen lake_hub()
IOError: Couldn't find file 'alexa__umbrella_button_highlighted.png'. Fix this one by changing alexa_umbrella_button_highlighted.png to alexa__umbrella_button_highlighted.png.

While loading <'Image' u'alexa_button_highlighted.png'>:
File "game/locations.rpy", line 1458, in script
call screen mess_hall_interior()
IOError: Couldn't find file 'alexa_button_highlighted.png'. Same as above but remove one of the _.

While running game code:
File "game/alexa.rpy", line 914, in script
File "game/alexa.rpy", line 914, in <module>
AttributeError: 'Girl' object has no attribute 'quest_swimming'

alexa_afraid.PNG alexa_topless_kiss_side.PNG missing.

MC: Well my car shit the bed. MC: Hey, I have a car that shit the bed. ME: Well why the fuck did you bring it into your bedroom for.

Don't go to city hall it'll cause your game to crash when you try to leave.

While running game code:
File "game/locations.rpy", line 2314, in script
call screen pre_confidence("Demand a Liquor License","city_hall_office")
ScriptError: could not find label 'city_hall_office'.

While running game code:
File "game/items.rpy", line 253, in script
$ renpy.jump(girl_current.prefix + "_gift")
ScriptError: could not find label 'alexa_gift'.
I'm getting the same problems with the latest download. The first time through, I couldn't do ANYTHING at the Lake without getting the error. On the second attempt, I was able to do some things at the Lake, but the error occurred at the Office and the Woods. My game crashed at two different spots- the first time when I tried to give the Vegan Blood to Alexa and the second was in Town at the Store.

Update: The last two times the game crashed at City Hall. When I tried to get Sally and Alexa to smooch at the Mess Hall, Alexa was invisible. Just about ANYTHING I tried to do with Alexa was buggy and error-prone.

Last edited:

near29

May 24, 2018
I'm getting the same problems with the latest download. The first time through, I couldn't do ANYTHING at the Lake without getting the error. On the second attempt, I was able to do some things at the Lake, but the error occurred at the Office and the Woods. My game crashed at two different spots-the first time when I tried to give the Vegan Blood to Alexa and the second was in Town at the Store.

Update: The last two times the game crashed at City Hall. When I tried to get Sally and Alexa to smooch at the Mess Hall, Alexa was invisible. Just about ANYTHING I tried to do with Alexa was buggy and error-prone.
Yea it seems like 0.4.1 is a mess rn, after Alexa showed up I constantly get tracebacks or hard crashes whenever I do anything related to her.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
many of the errors can be ignored some can be fixed like spelling error in the script and pictures that are named wrong.

I didn't have any problems at the lake unless Alexa was there and that was because her button pictures were named wrong and if you tried to click on her pr even mouse over her it caused the game to throw up an error and if you were there for a little bit it would also crash if she was there. But once her pictures are named correctly that error leaves.

hentai charley

Oct 17, 2019
Other than the Pops for Claire, what are the recommended gifts for each girl? (Game crashes when I try to give the Vegan Blood to Alexa.) Anytime I try to to give anything else to any of the girls, she says, "Oh, that's nice" and it doesn't seem to do anything. (My Charisma is 10.)

TFurguson69

Sep 9, 2019
So except for the lake meet with the vampire. You can butter her up in other locales.
Other than the Brunette who you bang in the first 5 minutes. Is there any other banging? Not that I fault the easy nature of the Brunette. Hell there is a certain developer who's coruscation is depressed. Who 2 years later I dont think that character has gotten his dick wet.
You need to provide better feedback on completed questlines. Otherwise we are pounding our puds trying to get to what isn't there

klang

Aug 15, 2016
Does the dev even know that the renpy sdk has a lint function that can find a lot of these errors going in? Does he even know what a lint function is?

TFurguson69

Sep 9, 2019
Also you need to render a new hand for elf girl. When she is jerking you off in the woods.
Those are man hands. DAMN

rysyrzy

Nov 10, 2017
well maybe some kind of WT would help?

as for now i've got
Clare 7/8 (88%)
Lucy 9/11 (82%)
Amanda 7/9 (78%)
Ms. Vandenberg 5/8 (63%)
Sally 8/7 (114%)
Alexa ?/? (?%) bcs its bugged

and have no idea what to do next