echseeker

Jan 30, 2018
Maybe I'm retarded, but the game says that you can cast magic on multiple targets by using it with "D" I guess that's the D key in the keyboard, however neither heal nor cure poison can be used in multiple party members. Does it only work with offensive magic or is the D button some other key? So far I'm enjoying the game though H is scattered thinly
The translated version here is still bugged just so you know. The updated patch can be found using the ULMF link in the first post (that fixed the bug you're struck with). Use that. Hopefully, OP can update the game here as soon as possible.

Recycle_Bin

Jul 21, 2018
I've seen a couple of people ask about Jobs and which ones are best, so I thought I'd do a brief primer on the jobs system.

1) Jobs unlock active and passive abilities while equipped, with new abilities unlocking as you level them. They also lock you into a specific subset of equipment options. Once you swap jobs, you can retain your old job's abilities by equipping the old job's passives. This is how you get really strong: just in the first set of jobs, having a monk (who attacks twice, but can only use weak equipment) who can wield greatswords (say, from having been a Knight for a while) gives you an incredibly lethal character.

2) You get jobs each time you clear a crystal, and newer jobs are generally better. There's a list of all jobs and what they're like in the starting town's inn's second floor.

3) A great starting option is Knight/Monk/W. Mage/Thief. Once you've leveled these jobs a little, shuffle them up so that your monk and knight swap roles and your thief and w. mage do the same. This will give you a lethal dps (knight1/monk2, as mentioned above), a strong tank with some debuffs (monk1/knight2), a fast healer (w.mage1/thief2) and a secondary white mage who can also steal from bosses and apply some debuffs.

4) If you want to try out some of the job combos without wasting too much time, the Weak Enemy item from the inn in the starting town (code for the chest is 1192) can give you a lot of job xp very fast, allowing you to play with options and then reverting to an older save if you want to play "legitimately".

Hope that helps!

Reactions: YogaTya

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
Maybe I'm retarded, but the game says that you can cast magic on multiple targets by using it with "D" I guess that's the D key in the keyboard, however neither heal nor cure poison can be used in multiple party members. Does it only work with offensive magic or is the D button some other key? So far I'm enjoying the game though H is scattered thinly
The translated version here is still bugged just so you know. The updated patch can be found using the ULMF link in the first post (that fixed the bug you're struck with). Use that. Hopefully, OP can update the game here as soon as possible.
Yup. I posted the patch on this thread a few posts/pages ago.
I also contacted the OP a few days ago to ask for access in order to update (or for him to do it), but so far haven't gotten a response. But you can also get the patch from ULMF. Thanks mattn915 for the help!

dxd

Jun 5, 2017
You have to push D before selecting a skill not when your targeting ally/enemy

MarcosAlexandre

Jun 7, 2017
To be honest, Renryuu Ascension is actually an example of a bad writing.
Some of the characters are quite interesting and fairly well written, but the overall story is terrible.

Summary of the whole plot:
"Who are you? I am king! Really? Yes! Ok, you are king, here is crown."
(No wonder the whole kingdom is on the verge of collapse. The people in charge are complete idiots.)

The other two are not bad, but if you want some really best Japanese creation Kamidory Alchemy Meister and BunnyBlack [SofthouseChara] are among the very best.
The best of Renryuu Ascension is the suppose politics and war mechanics as the rest is pretty boring. the plot doesnt serve to get engaged to the protag because he is to edgy and etc..., the girls are all "we love you protag, lets fuck, the plot dont have any politic mechanic yet, so overall i want to see the games mechanics

Arashi Blitz

Nov 16, 2016
send help.PNG
I got pretty much stuck. Landed airboat there and I could walk no problem. Went inside the city and now I can't get on the airboat... Is there any way of moving my character's position via either editing save or using a cheat?

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
KyeStar

Just like other times you have to find the pathway through the walls. I can't remember if you had to push the keyboard key that activates stuff or not but check all three walls. Also keep in mind that in this area you don't have to fight anything and can just run away from every battle to help save time.

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
In the past, I would have thought "that's some mediocre translation", but, knowing some japanese now, it really is hard to translate adequately.
Well, and obviously the game is that way, dumb protag and all.

Reactions: Konstantinus

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
In the past, I would have thought "that's some mediocre translation", but, knowing some japanese now, it really is hard to translate adequately.
Well, and obviously the game is that way, dumb protag and all.
Yeah, and even if my translation were awful (AND the story were amazing), my response to the "your translation sucks" comments would just be, "Well, I'm a non-Japanese speaker who spent a year of my life trying to give you a free translation on a pretty complicated game, so either translate it yourself, play the Jap/machine trans version, or stfu."

(It sounds like I'm pissed or offended but I'm really not, lol). I agree with you - The Japanese dialogue is really, really annoying and boring - there are parts where they repeat themselves over and over or say super cliche things. The story is even worse/more hackneyed/confusing, which is why I did my best to make the story and text more flavorful with elements I felt would help/interest the player. Of course, I'm coming from the angle of an English speaker who doesn't speak Japanese, so I'm sure there are many things lost to my translation.

3.70 star(s) 16 Votes