myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
rexred

The code in the walk through is for chest in the inn in the first village the one for the battleship is the year the game was made. I can't remember if but you can easily find it on the DLsite and get the date.

Mar 19, 2018
Yeah, and even if my translation were awful (AND the story were amazing), my response to the "your translation sucks" comments would just be, "Well, I'm a non-Japanese speaker who spent a year of my life trying to give you a free translation on a pretty complicated game, so either translate it yourself, play the Jap/machine trans version, or stfu."

(It sounds like I'm pissed or offended but I'm really not, lol). I agree with you - The Japanese dialogue is really, really annoying and boring - there are parts where they repeat themselves over and over or say super cliche things. The story is even worse/more hackneyed/confusing, which is why I did my best to make the story and text more flavorful with elements I felt would help/interest the player. Of course, I'm coming from the angle of an English speaker who doesn't speak Japanese, so I'm sure there are many things lost to my translation.
Hey hi Just wanna ask you see I've gotten into battle and when I used a skill it got stuck I mean the skill just keeps looping and looping on not damaging the enemy Can you please fix this?
Also then teach me how to translate I'll proof-read it and fix the dialogues

monstergelo

Jan 2, 2018
Hey hi Just wanna ask you see I've gotten into battle and when I used a skill it got stuck I mean the skill just keeps looping and looping on not damaging the enemy Can you please fix this?
Also then teach me how to translate I'll proof-read it and fix the dialogues
There's a fix in the ULMF thread linked in the first page

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
No I mean the translation is kinda hard to read It's like Half machine translation and half proper translation lol xD
Hmmm ... I still don't understand. As in the grammar, syntax, spelling is poor? Or the actual structure, flow, or diction is poor?

The reason I'm asking is that, while I'm fine with anyone editing my translation, there are a few problems:

1.) Unless you plan to take my translation side-by-side with the original Japanese script (and/or actually are proficient in Japanese), you might misunderstand or misinterpret things. There are moments in the game where the dialogue or text seem strange or worded weirdly. That's because I, as a translator, chose to stay devoted to the original script or Japanese text. Doing otherwise would either cause me to start a snowball effect where I'd cease to translate and instead create an entirely new game by my creative license (and open myself for deeper litigation by the publisher/dev). Therefore, even if the English seems odd, it's because the story/Japanese text demands it.

2.) If you're using RPGMaker, the reason why I didn't use it as my primary text-editor (I used it to fix bugs and finalize my work with small changes) is because a.) I could've easily broken something by translating solely from that, as Mattn915 and others have shown me by helping to fix bugs I caused. and b.) it's much more frustrating to open every single map, translate the text, change the text, and close it (over and over), not to mention the impossibility of search/replace functions, which were crucial to the translation, as well as word-wrapping and other features not available in RPGMaker. Basically, I personally don't like RPGMaker as a translation tool for games of this size. It's just not meant to be a game text editor (I used RPGTrans and that ... didn't end well).

I will also add that I spent quite a long time making this translation for a reason - because it's a complicated game (e.g. If you use Translator ++, the dialogue is constantly reused in odd places, meaning that changing one part will change every other iteration; if you use RPGMaker, it gets incredibly tedious to translate given the text isn't displayed in one single area but splayed out and parsed into hundreds of maps).

I do admit that I very, very likely have mistakes, but I also will say that you're the first to criticize that element of my translation - there are comments about bugs (which have been fixed) and the mediocrity of the translation (which the poster already admitted was due to the original Japanese plot/script and inability to perfectly transliterate from Japanese to English), but I don't think there have been any problems with difficulty in actually understanding it.

And lastly, I'll conclude by saying I'm an actual tech writer who has a background in copyediting; I'm not perfect, but I think it was good enough for public consumption. I'm not saying I'm a great translator by any means, nor am I immune to criticism. I'm just saying that ... if you think you can do better, go ahead, but changing a few periods or correcting a typo may not be a worldchanger, given the scope and magnitude of the game itself. And also that you may very well make it worse, lol.

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
Can you tell me where can i find the script for the whole game? I'm new into RPGMaker So I don't know where to find it
You might want to start from the beginning by learning RPGMaker first before entering translation attempts, let alone editing someone else's work. Hell, there are threads and stickied posts over on ULMF or F95Zone warning new translators about underestimating some of the difficulties of translation; I'm just saying that because the very nature of and motive behind your question scares me.

Secondly, there's no such thing as the 'whole script', unless someone wants to prove me wrong. The way I understand it, the game's text and dialogue are broken down into maps and other data files that are compiled together to create the game; they're subsumed and compartmentalized into those components, instead of having a universal giant wad of text, and in RPGMaker, I don't think there's any way of seeing all the text at once.

I used Translator ++, since it provides that 'script' you're talking about (sorta), but even then, it can cause a LOT of problems too, if you don't know how to use it. And I don't know if it'll show my translation correctly if you rip the maps and data from my translation files. Even if you did, you should probably be very careful to mess with them for reasons I stated earlier. Again, it's not as simple as proofreading by decompressing the data files and correcting my grammar or spelling, lol.

Mar 19, 2018
You might want to start from the beginning by learning RPGMaker first before entering translation attempts, let alone editing someone else's work. Hell, there are threads and stickied posts over on ULMF or F95Zone warning new translators about underestimating some of the difficulties of translation; I'm just saying that because the very nature of and motive behind your question scares me.

Secondly, there's no such thing as the 'whole script', unless someone wants to prove me wrong. The way I understand it, the game's text and dialogue are broken down into maps and other data files that are compiled together to create the game; they're subsumed and compartmentalized into those components, instead of having a universal giant wad of text, and in RPGMaker, I don't think there's any way of seeing all the text at once.

I used Translator ++, since it provides that 'script' you're talking about (sorta), but even then, it can cause a LOT of problems too, if you don't know how to use it. And I don't know if it'll show my translation correctly if you rip the maps and data from my translation files. Even if you did, you should probably be very careful to mess with them for reasons I stated earlier. Again, it's not as simple as proofreading by decompressing the data files and correcting my grammar or spelling, lol.
What I meant by the script was the story and the NPC's Dialogue besides I'm just doing this because the game's is free right? I can completely either download a Japanese version of this or just improve your translation since you're not a native english speaker right? And about my motive? None just want to atleast see a decent translation honest all i see here is either machine trans or some guy who just randomly translated a game but when you read it it's still like a machine trans besides If you're gonna restranslated a game like this you might want to at least make the story good right? I mean everyone here keeps complaining that the translation is not that good then why don't they try to translate this right? Sooner or later someone might take an action and do this kinda thing you know?

Last edited:

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
Of course, I'm coming from the angle of an English speaker who doesn't speak Japanese, so I'm sure there are many things lost to my translation.
The interesting thing is: With the little knowledge I have, I can even "reverse-engineer" some of them.
But, I've come to the conclusion that Japanese is simply relatively short on varied expressions to add connotation to an statement, and nearly devoid of usable metaphors, so if the protag isn't overly bright (why ever they like those so much), and the story is cliche, there's not much you can do to make it palatable.
I, for one, thank you for the effort.

Reactions: DougTheC

echseeker

Jan 30, 2018
What I meant by the script was the story and the NPC's Dialogue besides I'm just doing this because the game's free right? I can completely either download a Japanese version of this or just improve your translation since you're not a native english speaker right? And about my motive? None just want to atleast see a decent translation honest all i see here is either machine trans or some guy who just randomly translated a game but when you read it it's still like a machine trans
Sure it's free if you plan on downloading the original Japanese version (latest update) from somewhere on the internet. If you're talking about getting it without the need for piracy, you're paying money for it through DLSite. (so technically, it's not free in the first place) also, you need RPG VX Ace if you're gonna edit this translation. You either try to find some place on the internet to download it, or of course, pay up for it. (again, not free in the first place. If you have it already, then cool.) Once you have that, you still need to learn how to edit the map files and stuff either by doing or from somewhere on the internet. and since this is a long and hefty game, even editing alone can take long. not as long as translating of course, but considering you'd have to click on certain map files through RPG Maker constantly to edit the text, it's a pretty tedious process. Also, it may not only be the map files that need to be translated for the text displayed to show up in English. if you still wanna try and edit the translation despite that, then go ahead. No one's stopping you.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2018
Sure it's free if you plan on downloading the original Japanese version (latest update) from somewhere on the internet. If you're talking about getting it without the need for piracy, you're paying money for it through DLSite. (so technically, it's not free in the first place) also, you need RPG VX Ace if you're gonna edit this translation. You either try to find some place on the internet to download it, or of course, pay up for it. (again, not free in the first place) Once you have that, you still need to learn how to edit the map files and stuff either by doing or from somewhere on the internet. and since this is a long and hefty game, even editing alone can take long. not as long as translating of course, but considering you'd have to click on certain map files through RPG Maker constantly to edit the text, it's a pretty tedious process. if you still wanna try and edit the translation despite that, then go ahead. No one's stopping you.
It's okay I have alot of Free time either way I can just buy or download this game from the other site besides that I know some friends who i can ask for idea's like on the story's dialogue anyway Is there any way or program that I can use to fix this text over-lapping problem?

echseeker

Jan 30, 2018
It's okay I have alot of Free time either way I can just buy or download this game from the other site besides that I know some friends who i can ask for idea's like on the story's dialogue anyway Is there any way or program that I can use to fix this text over-lapping problem?
Again, all done through RPG Maker VX Ace. Make sure event editing mode is on. (either click that blue person icon or press the F6 key.) The fastest way would be to playtest this translation, so that you can pinpoint where to click in the maps through RPG Maker and edit the text there. There is also Translator++ or maybe RPGMakerTrans that can give you the text direclty, but I vehemently do not recommend them as they could potentially not give you all the text to edit or they could break the game. (If I had my way, I would forbid using those two tools for this.) Even I tried to use Translator++ at one point for this game and they could not give me all the map file text. And, I would say RPGMakerTrans is a major no-no for an RPG Maker game with such an elaborately programmed script file such as this.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2018
Again, all done through RPG Maker VX Ace. Make sure event editing mode is on. (either click that blue person icon or press the F6 key.) The fastest way would be to playtest this translation, so that you can pinpoint where to click in RPG Maker and edit the text there. There is also Translator++ or maybe RPGMakerTrans that can give you the text direclty, but I vehemently do not recommend them as they could potentially not give you all the text to edit or they could break the game. (If I had my way, I would forbid using those two tools for this.) Even I tried to use Translator++ at one point for this game and they could not give me all the map file text. And, I would say RPGMakerTrans is a major no-no for an RPG Maker game with such an elaborately programmed script file such as this.
Yes It's on I was thinking what I would replace for this dialogue "Oh, if it isn't \N[2] (Monica)?
What happened to us?" I was thinking of something like this "Oh? If It Isn't Monica? Did you know know what happened to us?" But obviously It won't fit Sometimes the message just keeps on overlapping I would create a new line if i knew how to do it tho

3.70 star(s) 16 Votes