3.80 star(s) 29 Votes

Deleted member 2735575

Anti-NTR Crusader
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2020
Sadly, neither PC file converted using renpy 7.3.5 sdk, nor MAC files are working.

This is the message when I convert from PC file "game" folder to MAC: "parsing the script failed".

I played previous versions: Xmas special and 0.1 without problems...
Harem Highlander Episode 2 uses a *lot* of GL2 visual effects and shaders that require RenPy 7.4. That's probably why it's giving you issues with 7.3.5. Sorry! I develop on and use a MacBook myself, so I can assure you that the Mac version itself does run just fine.

Reactions: Real Kreten

Steppen Wolf

Dec 21, 2019
Harem Highlander Episode 2 uses a *lot* of GL2 visual effects and shaders that require RenPy 7.4. That's probably why it's giving you issues with 7.3.5. Sorry! I develop on and use a MacBook myself, so I can assure you that the Mac version itself does run just fine.
Hi Dev.

I tried using renpy 7.4 but I guess I did something wrong because the Renpy´s Icon never showed up.

Could you do me a favor and share here the RenPy 7.4 sdk.zip to try again to run in my MAC ?

I downloaded the RenPy 7.4 sdk.zip again and nothing.

The game was crushed before starting.

Last edited:

Steppen Wolf

Dec 21, 2019
Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "/storage/emulated/0/MEGA/MEGA Downloads/HaremHighlander-2.0-pc/game/EP2.rpy", line 32: ATL statement contains two expressions in a row; is one of them a misspelled property? If not, separate them with pass.
    shader "haremhighlander.geometry" u_haremhighlander_transform Matrix([0.17, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.221439, 0.0, 0.147311, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.3352713, 0.0, 0.6647287])
                                      ^

File "/storage/emulated/0/MEGA/MEGA Downloads/HaremHighlander-2.0-pc/game/EP2.rpy", line 861: ATL statement contains two expressions in a row; is one of them a misspelled property? If not, separate them with pass.
    u_sampleDist 1.0 u_sampleStrength 0
                     ^

File "/storage/emulated/0/MEGA/MEGA Downloads/HaremHighlander-2.0-pc/game/script.rpy", line 56: ATL statement contains two expressions in a row; is one of them a misspelled property? If not, separate them with pass.
    blur 10.0
             ^

File "/storage/emulated/0/MEGA/MEGA Downloads/HaremHighlander-2.0-pc/game/script.rpy", line 58: ATL statement contains two expressions in a row; is one of them a misspelled property? If not, separate them with pass.
    blur None
             ^

File "/storage/emulated/0/MEGA/MEGA Downloads/HaremHighlander-2.0-pc/game/script.rpy", line 78: ATL statement contains two expressions in a row; is one of them a misspelled property? If not, separate them with pass.
    shader "mythos.wavewarp"
                            ^

File "/storage/emulated/0/MEGA/MEGA Downloads/HaremHighlander-2.0-pc/game/script.rpy", line 101: ATL statement contains two expressions in a row; is one of them a misspelled property? If not, separate them with pass.
    shader "mythos.scrollloop"
                              ^

File "/storage/emulated/0/MEGA/MEGA Downloads/HaremHighlander-2.0-pc/game/script.rpy", line 127: ATL statement contains two expressions in a row; is one of them a misspelled property? If not, separate them with pass.
    shader "mythos.wavewarpscrollloop"
                                      ^

File "/storage/emulated/0/MEGA/MEGA Downloads/HaremHighlander-2.0-pc/game/script.rpy", line 153: ATL statement contains two expressions in a row; is one of them a misspelled property? If not, separate them with pass.
    shader "mythos.matrixblocks"
                                ^

File "/storage/emulated/0/MEGA/MEGA Downloads/HaremHighlander-2.0-pc/game/script.rpy", line 183: ATL statement contains two expressions in a row; is one of them a misspelled property? If not, separate them with pass.
    mesh True
             ^

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Fri Jan 22 19:18:49 2021
Same here.

Dev told me about changing for RenPy 7.4 but it didn´t work in my MAC.

Probably because it´s an old MAC (2011)

Although I´m not sure...

Deleted member 2735575

Anti-NTR Crusader
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2020
Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

<snipped>

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Fri Jan 22 19:18:49 2021
You're trying to run the game in RenPy 7.3.5, Harem Highlander Episode 2 uses a *lot* of GL2 visual effects and shaders that require RenPy 7.4. Please use the full versions of the game if you're having a problem with modded or compressed versions.

Steppen Wolf

Dec 21, 2019
Ah, your OS is from 2015, it's possible it doesn't have support for the GL2 shaders used in RenPy 7.4? I'm assuming your MacBook doesn't support any newer OS?
it is probably the reason, because I downloaded the file you shared a few minutes ago and nothing happened. Only the message describing some error...

Oh boy ! Does it mean that I need a new laptop, because several Devs are changing their games to Renpy 7.4 ?

Oh lord lol!

Deleted member 2735575

Anti-NTR Crusader
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2020
it is the full version,
don't bother with compressed,
if full is below 1gb.

I am using JoiPlay,
games which depend on Win API's,
or uncommon Node.js classes/functions,
wont work with joiplay.

Perhaps thats my issue.
Yeah the error you posted said it was using: Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Harem Highlander EP2 is built in RenPy 7.4 and uses visual effects that will not work on lower RenPy versions.

EDIT: I googled JoiPlay, seems its an Android interpreter for RenPy. If they don't update to support RenPy 7.4 you'll just need to run the full Android APK for any games built with the newer version of RenPy like Harem Highlander is.

Last edited:

Xo Mo

Game Developer
Aug 12, 2020
Yes, I also would like an answer to this most important question. We demanded continuity in our sexual viewings.
This genre is a bastion of literary and artistic excellence, we must not allow this type of mediocre work to exist among our sacred forum. :giggle:

P.S. I am in no way mocking you Xo Mo
I will see you at dawn! With muskets! lol

I just noticed the all new update TODAY... I downloaded the previous only 4 hours ago.
I'm also wondering where EP.2 is... the current download ends atEp1 and onlyhas the Xmas poetry content if you click OPTIONS - not available on the remain menu screen.

Pokemonboy

Oct 18, 2017
Okay, this game is getting a follow from me. not only is it fighting against the evilness of NTR but its also funny!

Steppen Wolf

Dec 21, 2019
Yeah unfortunately I think it may be a case of the new version of RenPy needing functions older OSes don't support. :(
Dev, be honest with me:

would you be kind and give some advice to buy a new laptop: going back to windows (cheaper than MAC of course).

Which brand and model do you recommend me ?

Deleted member 2735575

Anti-NTR Crusader
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2020
Dev, be honest with me:

would you be kind and give some advice to buy a new laptop: going back to windows (cheaper than MAC of course).

I'm terribly sorry, I'm really not technically inclined enough to recommend a type of laptop to you. Any modern laptop will certainly probably do you well, but I don't want to give bad advice due to my personal ignorance.

Steppen Wolf

Dec 21, 2019
I'm terribly sorry, I'm really not technically inclined enough to recommend a type of laptop to you. Any modern laptop will certainly probably do you well, but I don't want to give bad advice due to my personal ignorance.
It´s ok Dev.

Thanks for being honest.

I will ask to my relatives and I will surfing on the net.

I hope sooner than later I will be playing your game again.

Cheers !

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Well ... If you have the budget for a gaming laptop, please use that one ...
Any laptop sporting a dedicated 3-6 GB VRAM NVIdia card will do you good .. 4 gaming of course.
Also please beare in mind you need at least 8 GB Ram in your system to game properly ...
These are beginner tips for a laptop you could use some years ahead, 4 most games here.
Dev, be honest with me:

Alternatively look at min system specs for games out now : assassin creed valhalla or cyberpunk 4 example.

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

Steppen Wolf

Dec 21, 2019
Well ... If you have the budget for a gaming laptop, please use that one ...
Any laptop sporting a dedicated 3-6 GB VRAM NVIdia card will do you good .. 4 gaming of course.
Also please beare in mind you need at least 8 GB Ram in your system to game properly ...
These are beginner tips for a laptop you could use some years ahead, 4 most games here.

Alternatively look at min system specs for games out now : assassin creed valhalla or cyberpunk 4 example.
Thanks a lot !

I will keep your advice in mind.

3.80 star(s) 29 Votes