SpikyHair

Nov 13, 2019
Oh yeah, that's the other half of it isn't it? It's spun like the adoption of your 'training technique' (*gag*) is a good thing, but that's bullshit. Following it to its logical conclusion, that means encouraging people to pretend to love their elves to manipulate them. Is gaslighting and emotional abuse of elves what you want your legacy to be? I think that qualifies for the term 'disgusting' pretty well.
You are clearly missing the point that MC's "training technique" is based on genuine emotion and care.

While you can "pretend" on the slave route with the new elves later on, at that point there's no "pretense" whatsoever - and this is what MC manages to get Cornwall to acknowledge.

I don't like the Cornwall scene in the slightest (mostly because I don't like "degradation" or similar content, period). But I will still argue you're pushing a completely unsubstantiated interpretation against what the game actually shows.
He's been on it for probably over a year now, that's what the facepalms are for. He's the only person I've blocked on this site.
Ah, that does explain quite a lot.
Since this topic is being brought back up again I'll mention that I appreciate feedback regarding cornwall's orgy event, they are disgusting people with power they don't deserve, but Lin knows how to speak their language, and MC understands how important he is. Cornwall isn't meant to be liked as a person, he's an antagonist. He's done some good things, and he's done a lot more bad things. Gaining favor in politics isn't all sunshine.
I like how you did not make him one-dimensional of a character, either, though. He still does care about well-being of the elves, even if it seems solely because he believes in efficiency of the system, rather than actually caring for the elves as people.
Small spoilers... in v0.11, you'll discover Cornwall is up for reelection.
Maria for the chairman, because going by her various schemes and pranks, that girl plays not just 5D, but interdimensional (strip)chess.
Alot of discussion about her in this thread.

Sadly haven't heard anything new since the posts that follow that one
Ascended Buddah on a pogo stick, I hope a lot of bans were throw at people involved in these attacks.

Haven't interacted with Main Lain directly, but aside from using their mods, I saw them being extremely helpful on numerous sub-boards. To get anything other than appreciation for so much effort and work put into this community. Would've been nice to see F95 mods do something not just to acknowledge Maim Lain's contributions, but also issue official statement of zero tolerance toward such dickhattery on their boards. And removal of all those perpetrating assholes...

"Damn humans, they ruined humanity."

• Red Heart
Reactions: Runey

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
You are clearly missing the point that MC's "training technique" is based on genuine emotion and care.

While you can "pretend" on the slave route with the new elves later on, at that point there's no "pretense" whatsoever - and this is what MC manages to get Cornwall to acknowledge.
That's incredibly naive. What do you think that a slaver who doesn't care about his elves is going to do when told that that is more effective? He's going to actually start caring about them? Or he's going to fake it? Everyone said how sorry they felt for Ann, well congratulations, take that story and multiply it by a million. That's what 'winning' is going to cause. It's so sad that the rest of the game which is brilliant is spoiled by this awful plot.

Nov 9, 2017
It's too bad Lain can't post her mods there (understandably), but I've rarely seen modders on Nexus get treated as badly as she has been. Hopefully, she'll be able to get everything worked out, but I have serious doubts we'll see her around here for quite a while, at least. :cry:
As the old adage goes "This is why we can't have nice things." Thanks to a bunch of short sighted butt hurt idiots we lose someone what was trying to help.

Summertime Saga always drove me up the walls with its replay it from the freaking beginning with seemingly every update. I really haven't seen that with some of the other games like Superpowered, Deviant Discoveries, or Harem Hotel.

The last update with that simon says mini-game for the rap battle was, for me the final straw (The choose lyrics was IMHO so much better).

I have seen really good coding (World Builder for the Mac which lasted from 1986 to when Apple dropped Classic support with Leopard in 2007) and coding that seemed to be the product of the programmer rolling their face on the keyboard (nearly every Mac program in the 1984-1990 per had something go wrong every time Apple updated the OS) and Summertime Saga was sliding into the other category.

I was pleasantly surprised by Harem Hotel's fix to previous saves. It so refreshing to have a programmer who actually knows what they are doing and goes the extra mile to keep old saves working. Superpowered and Deviant Discoveries are tolerate of old save but not to that extent.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2017
People who don't understand 'alpha' leaks are still heavily in development deserve what they get. Just ignore them unless they are spamming up the thread, report them when it is spam. No need to baby them IMO.
Alphas are really a mixed bag. I have seen ones that are so good they should be caused beta and others...well 'ugh' would best way to describe them. If the internet wasn't Sturgeon's Law to the nth power then putting them out would help but the internet is the internet and so that goes into the 'really bad idea' bin.

Oldtoothlessbasterd

Jan 7, 2019
E.R.... Isn't it a little early for those "What is the answer to Kates riddle?" questions.
I mean are we not still at least 2 months away from the next update?.
And are not those questions usually asked in the first 2 weeks after an updates release?.
Or should I just not have left the E.R after the last bout of Riddle fatigue?.

andy4528

Feb 9, 2020
Ok i don't see how this is Disgusting! (Its a very strong word in my vocabulary)

Oh, I see that a bad translation caused a huge misunderstanding.
Perhaps the word "incompatible" would have been better.
The main point of my post was technical, not moral.
So, I will try to explain better.

Imagine that you are a player who loves to play games in many different ways.
And you decide to go through the Lin part of the ... um ... old-fashioned scenario? Is that the right word?
This is where some people think that certain sexual things with their girlfriend are unacceptable, like having anal sex or sharing her with other men, even by streaming, let alone having sex in public. This is not a personal preference for the player, it is just role-playing. This is clear?

So, you start playing down this path. And the game gives you all the possibilities for this!
Almost the entire plot continues this way.
But suddenly everything changes, all the player's possibilities to follow this path disappear, and there remains only one path that is _incompatible with the one chosen_ at the start.

It is quite logical that the following questions arise:
- What's happening? Where did the choice go?
- Maybe this is a bug?
- Or did I do something wrong during the game?
- Is there a way to continue the chosen path, and what needs to be done for this?

That was the point of my first message.

So, from the answers, I realized that this is not a bug, but a "lack of development" (or the author's vision of the game), and this way it is impossible to go through it.

Will this feature appear in future versions?
I think the more opportunities a player has, the better. I am wrong?

ps:
I suspect that "lack of development" is not the most appropriate word suggested by the translator, and this may cause new misunderstandings.
To be clear, I think the whole game is great. All parts of it, no exceptions.

SpikyHair

Nov 13, 2019
That's incredibly naive. What do you think that a slaver who doesn't care about his elves is going to do when told that that is more effective? He's going to actually start caring about them? Or he's going to fake it? Everyone said how sorry they felt for Ann, well congratulations, take that story and multiply it by a million. That's what 'winning' is going to cause. It's so sad that the rest of the game which is brilliant is spoiled by this awful plot.
Again, you're just pushing your personal narrative as a given. What MC with Lin achieve is a nudge of the entire system toward better treatment of the elf slaves. They do so based on the motivation behind the existence of elf slavery in the first place, too, making it something far easier accepted by general populance than something enforced.

Even ignoring the whole meta-development, do explain to me how exactly do you see even a pretended "care" being worse than the type of outright cruel treatment you can see even with Cornwall's pals.

What MC and Lin establish right there may not be the most desired development, but it's about as good as they can manage at the time considering the world-building Runey established, and it's a big push in the right direction.

pgm_01

Jan 11, 2018
Firefox just had a recommended article in Pocket , which I had to read after the discussion of slavery in this game. It is an amazing read and some of the discussion of the piece in seems to echo some of the discussion about slavery in this game.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Again, you're just pushing your personal narrative as a given. What MC with Lin achieve is a nudge of the entire system toward better treatment of the elf slaves. They do so based on the motivation behind the existence of elf slavery in the first place, too, making it something far easier accepted by general populance than something enforced.

Even ignoring the whole meta-development, do explain to me how exactly do you see even a pretended "care" being worse than the type of outright cruel treatment you can see even with Cornwall's pals.

What MC and Lin establish right there may not be the most desired development, but it's about as good as they can manage at the time considering the world-building Runey established, and it's a big push in the right direction.
Right, it's just my opinion that slave owners aren't going to start caring about their slaves because somebody tells them to. Presumably you disagree and think that they will?

And do I seriously need to explain how pretending to love someone is a bad thing? That when they learn the truth that it will break them? I couldn't think of a more cruel thing to do to the elves if I tried. Your opinion that it is a big push in the right direction is laughable.

Asia Argento

The Golden Dragon Princess
Donor
Apr 14, 2020
Man... I hope Autumn gets better, for real... I have never disliked a character on any F95zone game as much as I do with her so far... I am running low on events to do in game which means I see her pop up for things to do often... and yeah... so much wanton bullying due to ignorance and sanctimonious BS.

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
Man... I hope Autumn gets better, for real... I have never disliked a character on any F95zone game as much as I do with her so far... I am running low on events to do in game which means I see her pop up for things to do often... and yeah... so much wanton bullying due to ignorance and sanctimonious BS.
Every character in this has a long character development - nobody is what they were when you first met them anymore from a yandere to a pair of twin bullies. Fair to say she will be much the same and for all her faults i think people overlook how much she reflects on them and acknowledges them, questions what she has been taught and her heart is in the right place. Will she change enough to make you like her? perhaps not my friend but i think you should give her the benefit of the doubt at least till you complete all her current story to decide for yourself where you stand with her. She is still a work in progress though - no doubt about that one.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
I was pleasantly surprised by Harem Hotel's fix to previous saves. It so refreshing to have a programmer who actually knows what they are doing and goes the extra mile to keep old saves working. Superpowered and Deviant Discoveries are tolerate of old save but not to that extent.
Thank you! I do want to mention that enabling saves to work across versions was one of the first things I did as a beginner, it's something like changing how you create flags. Something super simple like changing 'define ash_friendship = 1' to 'default ash_friendship = 1', but I forget exactly, it's been a while.

I don't know exactly why saves don't work on summertime saga, or any other games if it's not just STS, but I've been told they did some weird stuff to the code a long time ago that effects saves. I don't know a lot about it, but I certainly didn't go the extra mile! It was simple :)

She'll definitely grow as a person, one of her biggest themes is corruption, and I wanted hers to be long and a complete paradigm shift

Last edited:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Thank you! I do want to mention that enabling saves to work across versions was one of the first things I did as a beginner, it's something like changing how you create flags. Something super simple like changing 'define ash_friendship = 1' to 'default ash_friendship = 1', but I forget exactly, it's been a while.

I don't know exactly why saves don't work on summertime saga, or any other games if it's not just STS, but I've been told they did some weird stuff to the code a long time ago that effects saves. I don't know a lot about it, but I certainly didn't go the extra mile! It was simple :)

She'll definitely grow as a person, one of her biggest themes is corruption, and I wanted hers to be long and a complete paradigm shift
With StS, they are in the middle of changing the code from the way it started with DC (an art director) trying to teach himself to code, to the new version now that he has hired a coder. At least according to them, until they have finished updating the old code (Mrs. Johnson), old saves won't be compatible. This is also partly why there are so many bugs if you try to do too many quests at once. Problem is, they let their supporters choose what plot gets added next, and they keep voting to add new things, and not fix the old ones.

Aside from the usual character development, one of the things I want to learn about her, is what a kinky butt slut her mom was. :sneaky: :ROFLMAO:

IncubusDreams

Jul 15, 2020
Aside from the usual character development, one of the things I want to learn about her, is what a kinky butt slut her mom was. :sneaky: :ROFLMAO:
I didn't know until just this moment that I needed Autumn to go anal/oral/digital only for a moderate chunk of her arc. Like I want her to sit with Lin and compare notes about MC's butt fucking prowess...
To only ever have squirting orgasms from anal...

thanks Devian :p

SpikyHair

Nov 13, 2019
Right, it's just my opinion that slave owners aren't going to start caring about their slaves because somebody tells them to. Presumably you disagree and think that they will?
Cornwall is one of those people. He doesn't care about his elves as individuals, he cares about their effectiveness as slaves.

And Cornwall himself mentions using his influence (this is somebody who is if not the than one of the most powerful people in that nation, as evidenced by his ability to litarally take away slaves from somebody he thinks shouldn't hav ethem) to promote MC's training methods. Which just happen to be based around acknowledgement of Lin as a person, even if subservient.

Yes, you damn well should expect significant amount of slave owners to change their approach, when the man with enough political capital to have pushed through the rudimentary slave rights elves currently enjoy (though, if going by Ashley's personal story flashbacks, to a very varying degree) will advocate change in approach. Especially since it's all based around the concept of a "better" slave.
And do I seriously need to explain how pretending to love someone is a bad thing?
Where the hell did you pull "love" from all of a sudden?
That when they learn the truth that it will break them?
The "truth" that most elves are aware of is that they are seen as property. The whole point of what MC and Lin manage to change is that suddenly it dawns on professional slavers that they could get better performance from their slaves if they acknowledge in a small way that those slaves are self-aware individuals.

Which means that the society itself will be faced with the uncomfortable awareness that the justification for the slavery of elves being just "animals" is probably not accurate. Runey already mentioned there are abolitionist sentiments around, even if we have yet to see them in game. Kali going to Uni is a nice opportunity - Lin brings her something immediately needed, runs into some abolitionist students, we get a big ole exposition about how not everybody, especially among younger generations, accepts the "elves are animals" bull - especially since the actor-queen herself is well known as a writer and media celebrity.

Anyway, the whole bloody point of Lin and MC's impact is that they advocate "humanizing" the slaves. Which is exactly the kind of paradigm shift in societal perception that is necessary for any meaningful improvement of the situation. Not to mention that it's a stepping stone toward elf freedom and acceptance of them as equal to humans simply by reshaping common perception.
I couldn't think of a more cruel thing to do to the elves if I tried. Your opinion that it is a big push in the right direction is laughable.
You can express a modicum of care toward somebody without loving them. Just like a "free range" poulrty farmer can still care for his birds until it's time to wring their necks.

Even that little pretended care beats the situation Ms. Ren had to deal with, so yes - even at the bare minimum of utter pretense of care, it's still an improvement for somebody who barely has any rights whatsoever.

It's kind of clear to me now why Runey blocked you, and I think at this point I've written all the responses to you I can be bothered with, as well.

4.70 star(s) 447 Votes