DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
does Ashley ever mellow out? granted I'm still early in the game, but she's been becoming way to yandere for my tastes...lol she went from my favorite girl to my least favorite after she went psycho on Maria pulling a knife on her, and she's supposed to be her best friend or something like that
As others said, yes. And not just backstory, she actively tries to better herself and her relationships with others. Its really heartwarming, so keep going!

Reactions: Apostate

kirsek

Jun 27, 2017
hallo :D can some1 post a save from the previous patch? i got mine but i get only errors and i dont wanna start from the beginning :)

DeltaDuster

Oct 5, 2018
Thank you! This has actually been a fairly regularly requested feature, it's something I'll keep in mind for sure, but it isn't a priority.
You say that, but knowing you, v0.12 will have a 50/50 chance of them being intimate and an equal chance of morning bj, vaginal, or anal. Also, +1 for this feature. I personally like the idea of MC and the girls trusting each other enough to do this kind of thing (waking someone with sex isn't always sweet.. or consensual).

the game crashed at startup. i think because i dont have speakers, what can i do?
That error looks more like you don't have an audio output device at all. Not speakers, but the actual internal hardware to produce the sound that the speakers would connect to. And if you do, then you need to install drivers for it.

Reactions: bogeyparr

Deleted member 929426

Oct 5, 2018
I am going through some of the redone Exhibition scenes, and I found something that I think could be a continuity error of sorts with the first time you ask Lin to take off her clothes in the cafe:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Cokane0

morpheusahrms

Sep 11, 2017
@ the uploader (seriously, HOW can I @ link THAT handle? lol) : Nopy link for Win/Linux throws a 404, would it be possible to reup it there? Thanks!

Feb 24, 2020
What do i do about this? Happens when I try to load a save. Also, how do I delete all saves?

This is a fresh install but still shows old saves. I wanna delete them and start completely over.

Deleted member 929426

Oct 5, 2018
What do i do about this? Happens when I try to load a save. Also, how do I delete all saves?

This is a fresh install but still shows old saves. I wanna delete them and start completely over.
If you're on PC, the saves can be found at something like "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\Harem Hotel-1520575859" (it may be slightly different if you're using another OS, but I'm not sure what that is). Just go ahead and delete that folder, and you should be good to go. (Just remember to also delete any saves in the game's "Save" folder as well just to be sure.)

Reactions: Bludgeonfist111

Parcel

Mar 27, 2017
Lets not go full "Everything is political" please. Just because a story's setting has x, doesn't mean everything around it is about x.
Right now about half of the plotlines revolve around slavery, but at its beginning stages, only Lin was related to the subject. Otherwise it was only a background issue.
Kali's story was all about her distant relationship with her family, and its only recently that the focus was set on the slavery issue.
So no, just because there was slavery in the beginnings doesn't mean that it was a political story. The politics came on much later, when Runey started to expand the lore, with Cornwall and Sylvia's story.
It's true that the game has become more overtly and pervasively political than it was at the start, but the issues/politics have been there from the beginning.

Kim's existence is forgettable at best, and it won't even stop her at all: Vanessa fucking blackmails Kali into being lectured, otherwise she will ruin her chances of a social life in this college, and NOBODY tells her anything about this being wrong. Not Kim nor Nala (therefore approving of her behavior).
I feel like it's worth pointing out that Nala wasn't around for that, and wasn't really made aware of it once we met her.

How the fuck did MC not intervene when his girlfriend is being threatened? Oh right, he is a "good guy" that will get blackmailed into being lectured.
I agree that Vanessa's demand was unreasonable, at least given what the player knows about MC and Kali. But what should MC have done?

I guess Kali, MC or Kim could have said something, even if it wouldn't have changed how things played out. I felt like it was already clear (given her yelling earlier) that Vanessa was being far too belligerent. I don't feel like the absence of one line pushing back at Vanessa really would have changed the tone of the theme.

I forgot the standards for "good guys" according to the author. Just sit down and get "eDuCaTeD"
You insist on projecting stuff onto Runey that he just doesn't believe. It's not a good look.

And she doesn't get called out for any of this. Its just tiresome to keep repeating this. I will address it yet again below.

Then that lies on how the characters (or how they were written) don't react to the scene (her behavior) at all.
"She makes herself look bad" works only on a meta level. If nobody calls her out in the scene, it just looks like every character approves of her behavior, and therefore it just looks like the author wanted this character's behavior to be approved of.

This is my problem, not the character herself, but how the scene she is in was written.

Again, I didn't complain about her in the previous update.
There are all sorts of ways for media to convey a message, and not all of them involve a character explicitly voicing the message. If you want a character in the story to tell you "The moral of the story is X", that's fine, but it's unreasonable to get mad when that doesn't happen. Reading subtext is a pretty essential skill for analyzing media, and I don't feel like you applied it to this scene.

Anyway, I think I'm done with this conversation. It's not going anywhere. Feel free to respond to this message, since there's no reason I should have the last word just because I'm dropping the conversation.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2017
Is their any solution for this error when loading a save?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/AON_sensitive_FIX.rpy", line 39, in FIXevent
rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
ImportError: No module named matrix

Reactions: ased96
Feb 24, 2020
If you're on PC, the saves can be found at something like "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\Harem Hotel-1520575859" (it may be slightly different if you're using another OS, but I'm not sure what that is). Just go ahead and delete that folder, and you should be good to go. (Just remember to also delete any saves in the game's "Save" folder as well just to be sure.)
Thank You Kindly, Good Sir. There was no saves in the folder as it was a fresh install. I was just baffled because the old saves from the prior install were appearing.

Majere_Draven

Sep 22, 2020
I really do love this game, I thought it was just gonna be all hentai and no real story but it there are some points that hit pretty good. And thank you all for the hard work you did bringing it here.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
I can't say as that I'm a fan of Kali's college stuff, or some of Lin's late content. The game's take on in-setting politics started reasonable (slavery is bad and people are assholes to groups they view as inferior races/species, but fixing the problem is hard), and I don't think there's anything wrong with in-setting politics, it's a valid part of the story - my issue is just that it went REAL fast into blatantly real-world politics, and worse, bland one-dimensional moralizing where you have no options but to sit there and listen to a blackmailing piece of shit be 'right'.

Seeing Runey facepalm anyone who doesn't slaver over their writing is highly unfortunate; it'd be one thing if DrFree was defending slavery or otherwise abhorrent ideas, but constructive criticism about a touchy subject they felt could be handled better isn't something to lock ranks and relentlessly attack and insult.

Was an interesting game to try, had never heard about it beforehand and was pleasantly surprised overall with a few of the characters - I thought Maria and Felicity's character growth was done pretty well in particular, most of the others... struggled, and many of the characters had some really creepy implications about female consent and intellect that were a bit uncomfortable to see played straight, not to mention kind of ironic to contrast with the politics of other bits of the game. I certainly don't regret trying the game, but it's not something I'll revisit.

4.70 star(s) 449 Votes