c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
yeah, a common mistake that individual developer usually make is wanting to put everything in a single game. See how many tags we already have in this game? He can just creat a series, and make it like"Harem Hotel:exhibitionism ""Harem Hotel:dungeon""Harem Hotel:elv revolution"
Why shoud he aim for so low?
The next step would be HHU, Harem Hotel Universe a massive multiplayer online role play game. Were you can be anyone and interact with anyone.
Buy your own elf, take them to your nice home and chat with others (of course everthing will be price appropriate) and you can talk to our friendly customer support, if you have encounter anything you don't like. Our customer support helpline will listen to you as well as any elf slave you could buy in the game and this only for 0.99$ per second.:ROFLMAO:

And on a serious note. The game and its content is, for my taste, well balanced. It has nice story and character development and he try to have a place (and content) for any of the characters.
Sure, Jin could be given some love. But I don't know what Runeys plan is with her and taken into account how I think he does this, it could be that Jin would be needed for Lins story or in the next update she receive a major content update.
In addition they are plenty of repeatable scene and much fetishs are presented, but not forced. I don't see this in games here much often.

the_fluff

Jun 26, 2020
Quick question is the Violet content the MC getting cucked. I just want to know cause I don't like how she's doing whatever she wants in my boys hotel.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Quick question is the Violet content the MC getting cucked. I just want to know cause I don't like how she's doing whatever she wants in my boys hotel.
Violet isn't canon, full stop.
If you hadn't use the code for here you wouldn't even have seen here.

Reactions: TheDevian

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
yeah, a common mistake that individual developer usually make is wanting to put everything in a single game. See how many tags we already have in this game? He can just creat a series, and make it like"Harem Hotel:exhibitionism ""Harem Hotel:dungeon""Harem Hotel:elv revolution"
I could not disagree more, there are thousands of games with low ambition and just aim for the low hanging fruit. This game is crafted around the cast and the kinks come side by side with those characters - without one you tend to feel you would not have the other. Thus people who want a wholesome love story can get say Lin who is delightful, pure and wants to make a difference in the world but at same time not have to substitute sexy as fuck content to accommodate this focus. Having BDSM content or Exhibition stuff etc has not in anyway detracted this game from offering this kind of thing and it can go hand in hand for all concerned if they so desire as its no longer as mandatory and to deny it being in this game to instead be another project as you you say would neuter the very characters people adore in this because its part of their personality.

Would Marie be who she is without her bisexual tendencies, lack of inhibitions regarding sex, love of being watched or general kick she gets out of watching others get fucked too? She is still a lovely girl, cares for those she loves and there is zero question she is broken or being corrupted by the MC or others like many games - its clear this is just who she is and shes not ashamed of who she is and why would she be? I got all this from the game, this game and i have to ask would you get that from "Harem Exhibitionist" or a suchlike game? I very much doubt it as your peeling away most of the layers to just zone in on certain aspects of the game. "Harem: Elf Revolution" would mean no place in context for Android or The Twins or Ashley or Moon or Khali etc... this is a GOOD idea to you my friend? Why even retain the "Harem" aspect of it as its not mandatory for an Elf Revolution story or a Dungeon one after all?

My stance in this is really easy to sum up so i will. IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT! The game is fine as is with its approach, is very well received and only gets better and better. Sure there will be some kinks people aint into personally or perhaps characters themselves who embody these kinky sentiments but thats fine as there is dozens of hours of other content for you to enjoy instead. Its a credit to Runey but this game works despite having everything from spoiled twin bullies to religious zealots to yandere runaways to wholesome elf slaves all under one roof its one of the most deep and loved stories on the site (there are plenty of games which rival number of sex on offer here but not many rival how much weve been made to give a fuck about these characters as we do).

the_fluff

Jun 26, 2020
Violet isn't canon, full stop.
If you hadn't use the code for here you wouldn't even have seen here.
I'm not against the content people are into that, I'm just not. I just want to know to see if I keep going with it or not. Sorry if I came off like I was dissing the fetish, I'm not I just want to know to see if I want to continue it or not. If it is cuck content that's fine I'm just not into that so I'll stop doing the quests if that is the case.

Deleted member 929426

Oct 5, 2018
I'm not against the content people are into that, I'm just not. I just want to know to see if I keep going with it or not. Sorry if I came off like I was dissing the fetish, I'm not I just want to know to see if I want to continue it or not. If it is cuck content that's fine I'm just not into that so I'll stop doing the quests if that is the case.
Just use the code "sunlight" and you won't have to deal with her.

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
Its not Cuck so much as a clear case of FemDom. Your enjoying all the girls, there is no rival here but she is the one who is having most of the say on the matter of who and when. If you dont like FemDom then you wont like Violet so much.

Reactions: Runey

Deathlore421

Jul 11, 2020
ok thanks :)
I just finished replaying this game, it took me almost 12 hours, but I also remembered a lot of the story from last time I played so I was able to skip a lot of dialogue + i skipped through repeatable scenes to get character traits. If you were playing for the first time I would expect to get 13 hours? I may be overestimating the time save on skipping dialogue, but yeah.

nathe

Feb 3, 2020
Why shoud he aim for so low?
The next step would be HHU, Harem Hotel Universe a massive multiplayer online role play game. Were you can be anyone and interact with anyone.
Buy your own elf, take them to your nice home and chat with others (of course everthing will be price appropriate) and you can talk to our friendly customer support, if you have encounter anything you don't like. Our customer support helpline will listen to you as well as any elf slave you could buy in the game and this only for 0.99$ per second.:ROFLMAO:

And on a serious note. The game and its content is, for my taste, well balanced. It has nice story and character development and he try to have a place (and content) for any of the characters.
Sure, Jin could be given some love. But I don't know what Runeys plan is with her and taken into account how I think he does this, it could be that Jin would be needed for Lins story or in the next update she receive a major content update.
In addition they are plenty of repeatable scene and much fetishs are presented, but not forced. I don't see this in games here much often.

The reason is " individual developer", there is not any company or budget but only Patreon. Most massive games like this I see are abandoned after a few years. And the reason is obvious. if you have ever begun to create something like music/comic/game/just coding, you will find that you always want everything is perfect and that mostly leads to unfinished work. I just don't want to see a great game end like that again.

nathe

Feb 3, 2020
I could not disagree more, there are thousands of games with low ambition and just aim for the low hanging fruit. This game is crafted around the cast and the kinks come side by side with those characters - without one you tend to feel you would not have the other. Thus people who want a wholesome love story can get say Lin who is delightful, pure and wants to make a difference in the world but at same time not have to substitute sexy as fuck content to accommodate this focus. Having BDSM content or Exhibition stuff etc has not in anyway detracted this game from offering this kind of thing and it can go hand in hand for all concerned if they so desire as its no longer as mandatory and to deny it being in this game to instead be another project as you you say would neuter the very characters people adore in this because its part of their personality.

Would Marie be who she is without her bisexual tendencies, lack of inhibitions regarding sex, love of being watched or general kick she gets out of watching others get fucked too? She is still a lovely girl, cares for those she loves and there is zero question she is broken or being corrupted by the MC or others like many games - its clear this is just who she is and shes not ashamed of who she is and why would she be? I got all this from the game, this game and i have to ask would you get that from "Harem Exhibitionist" or a suchlike game? I very much doubt it as your peeling away most of the layers to just zone in on certain aspects of the game. "Harem: Elf Revolution" would mean no place in context for Android or The Twins or Ashley or Moon or Khali etc... this is a GOOD idea to you my friend? Why even retain the "Harem" aspect of it as its not mandatory for an Elf Revolution story or a Dungeon one after all?

My stance in this is really easy to sum up so i will. IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT! The game is fine as is with its approach, is very well received and only gets better and better. Sure there will be some kinks people aint into personally or perhaps characters themselves who embody these kinky sentiments but thats fine as there is dozens of hours of other content for you to enjoy instead. Its a credit to Runey but this game works despite having everything from spoiled twin bullies to religious zealots to yandere runaways to wholesome elf slaves all under one roof its one of the most deep and loved stories on the site (there are plenty of games which rival number of sex on offer here but not many rival how much weve been made to give a fuck about these characters as we do).
you can not only see it from the player aspect.
while "IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT", its already have problems, its just "pros over cons". its like your car has already broken inside, it still can run but that could bring further more damage and you just don't notice.
So there is a few things.

1. from the developer aspect: There is no need to make a massive "perfect" game that everyone likes, just make different games and people would like to play. Its like how paradox have heart of iron 4 for WW2 fans and stellaris for sci-fi fans, why don't paradox just update heart of iron to modern and future?? Why hasn't a new game like spore/age of empire appeared/success recently?(even spore has divided different stage apart). Why i don't know any successful game with so many individual stories about different girls and different categories? This is not gonna work. You need to have a super team and infinity fund.
oxygen not included split the new space part with the original part. Dont starve together put hamlet and shipwreck into other worlds, and release another version for coop as well
Bishoujo Mangekyou has 5 games too. Game company like alicesoft, cyc, ensemble, key, leaf, innocent grey or yuzu-soft etc they don't do that either, they either make different games with the different category but similar style or make different games with different styles but the same category.

2.from game:"Harem hotel: Elf Revolution" definitely won't leave kali or android alone since they are involved. However, it is currently not related to the twins/moon. And, even it does, a "Harem hotel stage 3:Elf Revolution" or ""Harem hotel stage 4: Become Human" or "Harem hotel stage 5:religion war" should contain all the girls from past updates, also transfer data. We can finish different girls' main stories on different stages. It also helps create a storyline, there can be no more" you have to do someone's story first" before you talk to someone and want to continue on her story because you did it first in the previous game.

How many girls we have already had? over 10. quantity or quality? do they have time and money to do both? Is there any game that can handle over 10 characters exists?

And i personally hate that after complete a girl's story, talk to her, promise her i will fuk her every day then see her walk around and ignore her because I'm doing another ones story. Just sand the twins or maria to a Summer trap with or without their family after i complete their story or something when i am doing a story not related to them. And welcome them back at the next stage which they can attemp.

the problem of BDSM content or Exhibition stuff or a love story is not "someone might not like it", it is, they don't appear magically i wonder if you know that. There is someone who needs to make it. It doesn't only take time, its also hard to make it fit in the game system itself. The Exhibition part and dungeon part have already excluded from the main game story. They can create so many great exhibition parts and dungeon content, what if they can actually focus on it? And i am talking about the thing that not story related. Maria can always be herself in the storyline, but the major part fall in that category can be move to another part.

Last edited:

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
How many girls we have already had? over 10. quantity or quality? do they have time and money to do both? Is there any game that can handle over 10 characters exists?
According to Runey game make a little bit money, depending on the pledge level of his patreons at least. You can look for the adult games overview and come to your own. My bet is that this would be between 5k and 10k. Most of the games I know are around 1k.

From the available to compare WVM (Brainddrop) earns 19k per month, TITS/CoC/CoC2/FoE (Fenoxo) 31k and Summertime Saga (DarkCookie) 71k.
I assume, that if you earn more than 5-6k then you can pay yourself (anywhere) and probably also hire some help. With 10k+, then you can hire one or more to help you full time.
I don't say, what the dev shall do and shouldn't do, but this are some background numbers for me. Eg. if a dev doesn't earn much I don't see how I can complain about the lack of updates or quality. If someones earn twice or more than my pay, well the situation change.

2.from game:"Harem hotel: Elf Revolution" definitely won't leave kali or android alone since they are involved. However, it is currently not related to the twins/moon. And, even it does, a "Harem hotel stage 3:Elf Revolution" or ""Harem hotel stage 4: Become Human" or "Harem hotel stage 5:religion war" should contain all the girls from past updates, also transfer data. We can finish different girls' main stories on different stages. It also helps create a storyline, there can be no more" you have to do someone's story first" before you talk to someone and want to continue on her story because you did it first in the previous game.
Data import is not easy, also if the setting is the same, you would end with serveral times the game size of one game. Also I would think that if I have HH1 finished, then this game wouldn't change - or is George Lucas involved? From Runey work ethics, this would be in contrast to he work.

1. from the developer aspect: There is no need to make a massive "perfect" game that everyone likes, just make different games and people would like to play. Its like how paradox have heart of iron 4 for WW2 fans and stellaris for sci-fi fans, why don't paradox just update heart of iron to modern and future?? Why hasn't a new game like spore/age of empire appeared/success recently?(even spore has divided different stage apart). Why i don't know any successful game with so many individual stories about different girls and different categories? This is not gonna work. You need to have a super team and infinity fund. Bishoujo Mangekyou has 5 games too. Game company like alicesoft, cyc, ensemble, key, leaf, innocent grey or yuzu-soft etc they don't do that either, they either make different games with the different category but similar style or make different games with different styles but the same category.
To be blunt her. From the developer aspect, means in the first place Runey and only Runey. Also he has a defined game, it is not something completely undefined. Could he do it differently yes, most likely, but will he do it?
And to point it out, if Runey would split the game and story and say it would span from HH1 to HH4294967296. He could abandon it after HH16777216. Wouldn't make a difference, at least for me, if I have only one game that is abandoned or a game serie around one story that is abandonded after the x. game.

My assumption is, that your subjective preference are as much of a reason for this than the others. My view of things is I can, with my best intent and with my best ability, present my thoughts, ideas, suggestions and concerns. Yet it is up to the dev, and only to him, what he does with it.

Last edited:

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
According to Runey game make a little bit money, depending on the pledge level of his patreons at least. You can look for the adult games overview and come to your own. My bet is that this would be between 5k and 10k. Most of the games I know are around 1k.

From the available to compare WVM (Brainddrop) earns 19k per month, TITS/CoC/CoC2/FoE (Fenoxo) 31k and Summertime Saga (DarkCookie) 71k.
I assume that if you earn more than 5-6k then you can pay yourself (anywhere) and probably also hire some help. With 10k+, then you can hire one or more to help you full time.
I don't say, what the dev shall do and shouldn't do, but this are some background numbers for me. Eg. if a dev doesn't earn much I don't see how I can complain about the lack of updates or quality. If someones earn twice or more than my pay, well the situation change.
In my experience, graphtreon undervalues creators pages by quite a lot, your estimation is even more off. One factor they don't seem to account for is pay up front charges, which are from those people who pledge then immediately unpledge, which does not add to the patron or $ money count on the site.

I'm only one person though, so I do everything myself aside from getting community help from time to time. People have offered their services for writing, modeling, or animation but it's not something I'm able to accept. Writers typically don't have my same vision or dedication to find all the nuances written in the story, nor would they likely have my background and thus motivation to write the things I do, and modeling or animation is very easy for me. My only bottle neck is coming up with story, but I've seemed to be able to balance 8 consecutive story lines so far. I don't want to work on another at the moment because I would spread myself too thin. I could hire someone to do it for me, but I don't think they would be able to do it well enough. I also take time off to recover the creative side of my brain, which I believe is one thing keeping me from getting burnt out. This is very much creative work, and you can't force creativity.

Data import is not easy, also if the setting is the same, you would end with serveral times the game size of one game. Also I would think that if I have HH1 finished, then this game wouldn't change - or is George Lucas involved? From Runey work ethics, this would be in contrast to he work.

To be blunt her. From the developer aspect, means in the first place Runey and only Runey. Also he has a defined game, it is not something completely undefined. Could he do it differently yes, most likely, but will he do it?
And to point it out, if Runey would split the game and story and say it would span from HH1 to HH4294967296. He could abandon it after HH16777216. Wouldn't make a difference, at least for me, if I have only one game that is abandoned or a game serie around one story that is abandonded after the x. game.

My assumption is, that your subjective preference are as much of a reason for this than the others. My view of things is I can, with my best intent and with my best ability, present my thoughts, ideas, suggestions and concerns. Yet it is up to the dev, and only to him, what he does with it.
I have lore in my head that none of you will likely ever see going back hundreds of thousands of years and forwards the same amount of time (this doesn't mean I have every detail planned), a past and a future help define the present in a story. I have solid plans for what a potential story for HH2 would be. The only problem with an HH2 is that no matter what, it would have to focus less on the characters and more on the world. You already find out most about the characters, develop a relationship with them, and grow in this game, so if another were to be developed, it would be about a defined goal all of the characters use their unique skills to overcome.

May have to split these games into parts though, because renpy has size limits.

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
I have lore in my head that none of you will likely ever see going back hundreds of thousands of years and forwards the same amount of time (this doesn't mean I have every detail planned), a past and a future help define the present in a story. I have solid plans for what a potential story for HH2 would be. The only problem with an HH2 is that no matter what, it would have to focus less on the characters and more on the world. You already find out most about the characters, develop a relationship with them, and grow in this game, so if another were to be developed, it would be about a defined goal all of the characters use their unique skills to overcome.

You make me feel interesting with the idea of world's exploring in the sequel, I must say being a fan of your game since 2019 I'm always feel curious about the lore of Harem hotel world and how was the elf and many other fantasy races go into conflict with human and even become slaves for them. Maybe it will need to be split in parts to tell the story of how it happen, but overall I feel the idea was very great and hope that after you done with this game the next one will be develop like you said

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
In my experience, graphtreon undervalues creators pages by quite a lot, your estimation is even more off. One factor they don't seem to account for is pay up front charges, which are from those people who pledge then immediately unpledge, which does not add to the patron or $ money count on the site.
Well, to be blunt. I do prefer devs, who let us know how much they earn. Not to be shitty about and say you earn x $, why don't you release more often. My reason for this would be, that this is a token of thrust and also I could evaluate better, if I should support this dev or another. I like to support all dev if I could, but my purse is a little to tight for this.

I'm only one person though, so I do everything myself aside from getting community help from time to time. People have offered their services for writing, modeling, or animation but it's not something I'm able to accept. Writers typically don't have my same vision or dedication to find all the nuances written in the story, nor would they likely have my background and thus motivation to write the things I do, and modeling or animation is very easy for me. My only bottle neck is coming up with story, but I've seemed to be able to balance 8 consecutive story lines so far. I don't want to work on another at the moment because I would spread myself too thin. I could hire someone to do it for me, but I don't think they would be able to do it well enough. I also take time off to recover the creative side of my brain, which I believe is one thing keeping me from getting burnt out. This is very much creative work, and you can't force creativity.
On my work experience you need quiet some time to review the work you have assigned to a third party. Even more I've you can't put it done well what you want.

So if it takes the same time for preparations and review than if you have done it yourself then their isn't a reason to involve others. If you think you would be faster, then it would be an option to consider.
Yet, as I said, I only think you could hire some (paid) help at least regarding the revenue I would guess you have.
To estimate your potential revenue is easy, as it span from 48k to 5.3M yearly (simple math), where it is in this span, we can only guess. After little math, my current guess is now more than my initial.:cool:

Reactions: Larzeranna

Deleted member 289409

Nov 12, 2017
So if it takes the same time for preparations and review than if you have done it yourself then their isn't a reason to involve others. If you think you would be faster, then it would be an option to consider.
Yet, as I said, I only think you could hire some (paid) help at least regarding the revenue I would guess you have.
To estimate your potential revenue is easy, as it span from 48k to 5.3M yearly (simple math), where it is in this span, we can only guess. After little math, my current guess is now more than my initial.
As someone who has been self-employed what Runey is actually getting is less than you realize. You have to take taxes into account and other things like an Accountant as it would be wise to use one if your self-employed. Taxes for self-employed people depending on were you live can range between 40-60%.
To hire one person you would want to be able to clear around 40k a month as your taxes will jump as you now have to pay Employers taxes on top of Self-employment taxes as well as a shitload of other fees. And going by the average using the 2 lowest tiers (which would be the closet guess but is probably lower than that) Runey doesn't make anywhere near enough.

And you don't want to try and sneak around by not paying the taxes either as when you use something like Patreon they will happily send a copy of your earnings to the appropriate government agencies.

Last edited:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018

I only hope that one day, you consider putting all of that info into a collection, maybe a PDF book or an interactive guide (could maybe be made in Ren'Py or Unity), with all of that lore. Similar to what Interplay did with Fallout, The Harem Hotel Bible.

Hell, come to think of it, once the lore is consolidated, it wouldn't be too hard from there to turn it into a table top rpg.

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes