QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
I disagree regarding its tonally different from what weve had before up until now - Runey likes to keep things a bit brutal for the cast for the most part. The whole Lin story is about the elves, slavery and their place in society...
We really should use spoilers, don't you think?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

MikeOxlong

Apr 9, 2020
Most saves should carry over. The only saves that have historically had an issue as far as I'm aware are saves made during a scene that has been changed since the save in question made, which typically throw an error on loadup. If what you are worried about is ONLY your overall progress, and you have saves in the lobby or your room outside a scene, all such saves should carry over automatically.

If you used Maim Lain's mod in the past and used certain cheat functions within it can also fail to carry over. If you just have the vanilla game it should be fine.

Edit: Grammer and the mod warning (figured enough people use it it's worth mentioning)
Oh okay that's great to hear, yeah I've been using the vanilla one, so as you said hopefully there won't be any issues, thank you so much.

Reactions: accidentalEv1l

dozzy975

Aug 12, 2020
Not sure what you are missing from that, but you could try uploading your save, and someone could take a look...
Thanks. I wasn't sure if that was allowed/ possible here. Here's the save file, if anyone can figure it out.
I also noticed that I'm missing another green check mark next to Kali's 4th cafe scene.
So that makes two marks I'm apparently missing; Maria's 4th dungeon scene.

The thing is, I've performed the 4th scene for Kali in the cafe and have done all of Maria's scenes in the dungeon. Unless Maria has a dungeon scene that is tied to edging, like Kali has for her final dungeon scene? I've tried every possible Maria combo (and Kali as well). Maybe my save is just...bugged?

Anyone gets a free moment and knows what they're looking for in my save file, I would really appreciate it.

TL/DR: Kali's 4th cafe scene is not showing as completed. Maria's 4th dungeon scene is not showing as completed. I've performed all of Kali's cafe scenes and Maria's dungeon "invite" scenes, but to no avail; no green check marks for both of them in the respective categories.

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
We really should use spoilers, don't you think?

I suppose so but the update has been out for so long i thought there wasnt much left to expose others have not done so already many times now without them at this point.

Reactions: Zontany

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
I suppose so but the update has been out for so long i thought there wasnt much left to expose others have not done so already many times now without them at this point.
Unless you just started playing the game just now which is certainly possible. I only got into it a couple months ago my self.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Thanks. I wasn't sure if that was allowed/ possible here. Here's the save file, if anyone can figure it out.
I also noticed that I'm missing another green check mark next to Kali's 4th cafe scene.
So that makes two marks I'm apparently missing; Maria's 4th dungeon scene.

The thing is, I've performed the 4th scene for Kali in the cafe and have done all of Maria's scenes in the dungeon. Unless Maria has a dungeon scene that is tied to edging, like Kali has for her final dungeon scene? I've tried every possible Maria combo (and Kali as well). Maybe my save is just...bugged?

Anyone gets a free moment and knows what they're looking for in my save file, I would really appreciate it.

TL/DR: Kali's 4th cafe scene is not showing as completed. Maria's 4th dungeon scene is not showing as completed. I've performed all of Kali's cafe scenes and Maria's dungeon "invite" scenes, but to no avail; no green check marks for both of them in the respective categories.
With this save, Maria's 4th dungeon event worked fine. I have no idea what you mean by a checkmark. Is that from a mod?
1615229881935.png 1615229967651.png

The only thing I see not complete with Kali is her Lustful stat.
1615230036247.png

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
I wish we could drop the island queen stuff. That doesn't flow with the story at all. She to cold and has nothing good at all going for her. I hope we could get a choice to go to her or not because it just not a good part I had to quit on her. You can't do anything but lie or tell the truth no flirting. That just make me angry to play that part of the game.
Um... that's because she's an antogonist. She's a cruel dictator who also happens to enslave people. You're not meant to want to date her.

Doesn't the main story basically end just after it? I mean, you finish that arc, get some character development for Lin and than you get the "game over, wait for next version message.

I too get the feeling that it will eventually play a critical part. And I can't wait to see how it plays out. But as it stands the whole arc just kind of hangs in the air. And it is tonally different than most of the game up until that point. So I can see how he might feel that way.

This said, I really can't wait to see how all this plays out. Like we have several elf related plot lines all begging to come to a crescendo at this point and all likely to clash into one another if my feeling is right.
Does the main story end after this? Are you kidding? It barely just got started. The high elf queen arc was one bump on a long road. Lin is a very innocent, hopeful, and optimistic character. She's also fairly lucky and hasn't experienced the true brutal reality her people go through. The high elf queen arc establishes the second main antogonist of the game, next to Cornwall. It also establishes that both elves and humans can be bad.

The high elf queen arc begins a new "chapter" in Lin's story. Her hopes and dreams were crushed yet again and this proved there is no higher power out there willing to help them. Even God is dead. Lin was ready to give up, believing she had exhausted all her options and that there was no hope left. Then MC uses driving lessons as a metaphor to get back on your feet, that failing doesn't mean you should stop because you may succeed next time. In v0.12, she's no longer depressed, she's back on her feet, and she's in full diplomacy mode. Now she understands she needs a solid plan, and something to give if she's going to get help. Although this is still a work in progress for her. And she learned that asking politely isn't going to work in the high elf queen arc.

She begins to establish her place in her desired world.

I won't go into a lot of spoilers, you'll be able to play soon. Lin is still naive of the brutality of the world, but she is determined to fix things. She'll mess up along the way, she won't know how to properly handle things at first, but in v0.12 she makes her first big step into changing things. As her story continues, she will develop from her experiences and also gain a few scars on the way (not in the physical sense).

If you thought everything I've given you in the lore so far was just so you could be in a unique world, you were wrong. What I've been doing is setting it up. Setting up... well, let's call it "Phase 2". We're near the end of "Phase 1" right now. You were introduced to the characters, fucked them, learned about their past, and have managed to fix a lot of their mental scars, but not all of them. The world is still a very bad place.

What you've seen so far was only the foundation of the story, not the full house.

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
Does the main story end after this? Are you kidding?
Well obviously YOU know what's going to happen next. :)
But as far as the rest of us mere mortals the story ends right there until the next version comes out. So the whole affair is really a case of "where did this come from and where is this going?"

This said, my view might be colored by the fact that it's the last story line I finished before I got the "no more content for this version, stay tuned" popup. So I am stuck in cliffhanger mode.

The high elf queen arc begins a new "chapter" in Lin's story. Her hopes and dreams were crushed yet again and this proved there is no higher power out there willing to help them. Even God is dead. Lin was ready to give up, believing she had exhausted all her options and that there was no hope left. Then MC uses driving lessons as a metaphor to get back on your feet, that failing doesn't mean you should stop because you may succeed next time. In v0.12, she's no longer depressed, she's back on her feet, and she's in full diplomacy mode. Now she understands she needs a solid plan, and something to give if she's going to get help. Although this is still a work in progress for her. And she learned that asking politely isn't going to work in the high elf queen arc.
Yes, that is my point. The entire adventure represents a shift in tone for both the main character and Lin. Up until that point every adventure was just your average friendly harem thing. Suddenly things got serious. Dead serious. Like serious in the Thunder in Paradise kind of way. And you see that the outcome isn't contained to the harem but has wide reaching repercussions. Plus the MC becomes more open to the idea of action adventurism to get stuff done and she becomes aware that it might be the only way to get it done.

Between this and the shootout previously I can't wait to see where this is going. Like just taking a guess I'd say that there is a non insignificant chance we are experiencing the origin story of a superhero or revolutionary here.

If you thought everything I've given you in the lore so far was just so you could be in a unique world, you were wrong. What I've been doing is setting it up. Setting up... well, let's call it "Phase 2". We're near the end of "Phase 1" right now. You were introduced to the characters, fucked them, learned about their past, and have managed to fix a lot of their mental scars, but not all of them. The world is still a very bad place.
Oh I love where this is going. I was secretly hoping something like that was in the works.

Seriously man, like, you have the plot skills of a true master. I wish AAA games had plot writers like you.

Parmenion1405

Dec 27, 2017
tripple A games would not hire runey cos to much adult aproach. Think in USA its totaly normal in movies to kill with all sort of weaponary or bare hands, and display it on screen. But if there is one uncovered boob... all scream for adult content and that this is not good for underage people to see.

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
tripple A games would not hire runey cos to much adult aproach. Think in USA its totaly normal in movies to kill with all sort of weaponary or bare hands, and display it on screen. But if there is one uncovered boob... all scream for adult content and that this is not good for underage people to see.
That does not mean those games couldn't still benefit from someone with his skills in plot, character development and worldbuilding I think he could do that perfectly fine boobs or no boobs. This thing is really a blast from the good old days when games actually had plots worth playing.

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
v0.12 may be the biggest update I've ever released, at least in terms of images added, it has 600 more than v0.11 and v0.10 had. I don't know about gameplay time, I didn't test that.
I thought the last couple of updates were substantial as was so to be this much bigger certainly makes the hype for the new content even more real. Will there be content for any of the slaves or kate in this one? Ive seen teasers featuring Moon and Maries sister which im looking forward to but curious about the other side girls (i look just as forward to seeing them develop more as i do the main love interests these days lol).

If i can be cheeky with a second question too as its not really next update related - have you any plans to offer dungeon content for the side girls? Jin gets a bit of it (more would also be MUCH appreciated from you most vocal Jin fan) but i wonder if we can get Marie to coax her sister into opening her horizons down there at some point as well as of course Luci who needs a bit of Khali approved discipline. Then there is Moon who has already shown a love of a good public spanking and fucking so the dungeon seems a natural next step for her exploring her kinky side.

Asia Argento

The Golden Dragon Princess
Donor
Apr 14, 2020
v0.12 may be the biggest update I've ever released, at least in terms of images added, it has 600 more than v0.11 and v0.10 had. I don't know about gameplay time, I didn't test that.
You are doing alot. My cpu said I think 19000 files were replaced. I literally blurted out "holy shit" when that popped up.

Reactions: Skode
4.70 star(s) 446 Votes