Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
don't you need obedience for those events to trigger?
You do. And there is a sort of grinding element to those. But it's not really a big deal as all you have to do is just play the game and have normal interactions with the characters for those to level up.

No, no story event requires stats. You may lose or miss out on things, but you will never be locked out of story by stats. The game doesn't say something like "I need to raise her obedience" for story except in very rare cases
, probably less than 3 in the entire game unless I removed those. First one that came to mind was Lin's virginity event but the bondage was removed from that a long time ago.

According to one guide I saw, you need a 20 obedience with her for one of the 20+ events, but you get a bunch in the story, so not having a 20 by then would be really hard.
Whatever you read probably told you to get it because you would see extra content. It's completely optional and the game never asks you to raise it to that point for story. It's not necessary what so ever to play it or continue the story.

doesn't seem that way. the fact that the game lets you grind away those stats can leave confusion.
It tells you this at the very beginning of the game. Stats are NOT required to play the story what so ever. To play story, look and wait for "* Talk *" events, or for them to randomly appear.

The code for story events to appear is simple. In layman's terms, the game looks at the current friendship number and makes sure about 1 - 4 days have passed in game. For the vast majority of story events, that's it. (Oh, and it will often look for the time of day) Sometimes it also makes sure other characters are at a certain part in their story too.

Last edited:

Jjay08

Nov 16, 2019
No, no story event requires stats. You may lose or miss out on things, but you will never be locked out of story by stats. The game doesn't say something like "I need to raise her obedience" for story except in very rare cases
, probably less than 3 in the entire game unless I removed those. First one that came to mind was Lin's virginity event but the bondage was removed from that a long time ago.

Whatever you read probably told you to get it because you would see extra content. It's completely optional and the game never asks you to raise it to that point for story. It's not necessary what so ever to play it or continue the story.

It tells you this at the very beginning of the game. Stats are NOT required to play the story what so ever. To play story, look and wait for "* Talk *" events, or for them to randomly appear.

The code for story events to appear is simple. In layman's terms, the game looks at the current friendship number and makes sure about 1 - 4 days have passed in game. For the vast majority of story events, that's it. (Oh, and it will often look for the time of day) Sometimes it also makes sure other characters are at a certain part in their story too.
Oh ok. thanks for clearing that up for me

hunter2

Nov 24, 2017
I'd go beyond saying it's simple and instead say it's simply flat out bad design. There are hilarious sequence breaks that can happen due to how simple the logic is.
Assuming you're literally only checking the int values rather than checking a bunch of boolean flags, try the following instead: make every character an object with more than just the friendship values being checked and actually check if a character is available for an act if they're involved in a scene. Hell, I'll give you a freebie - If you completely ignore Maria and keep her at level 1 while going through android's story, you can unlock sex with her - and that also unlocks the repeatable sex scene in Maria's room - and you can also do this during her quiet period. I can name literally dozens of these cases. Example object properties you want (far from exhaustive): {friendship:int,affection:int,(etc),nymphotrait:bool,inlove:bool,isAvailableForSex:bool,isAvailableForBJ:bool,canWander:bool,wanderlocation:string(/int depending on how you're storing locations)}. You can probably see where this goes. If Maria.isAvailableForSex was false in my example, that wouldn't happen. Seems like a lot of work up front, but saves you a lot of time trying to think shit out in the long run.
Have a function to check and return what properties on the characters are actually at fault - I remember this one friendship scene where Maria needed both affection and exhibitionism at a specific level but the message returned was only "Maria's affection is too low" or something. Actually check via function and return, don't use static errors. I'd also recommend "greying out" things like obedience on repeatable events (IE Lin/Android head pats in kitchen) once you pass the trait threshold so that people don't waste their time.
And dear god fix the store UI it is hot garbage, holy fuck.

Reactions: darlic

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
In that case I fully admit my mistake. My memory must have gotten confused. Also, I seriously need to start a new playthrough as it seems you've changed a lot.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
I'd go beyond saying it's simple and instead say it's simply flat out bad design. There are hilarious sequence breaks that can happen due to how simple the logic is.
Assuming you're literally only checking the int values rather than checking a bunch of boolean flags, try the following instead: make every character an object with more than just the friendship values being checked and actually check if a character is available for an act if they're involved in a scene. Hell, I'll give you a freebie - If you completely ignore Maria and keep her at level 1 while going through android's story, you can unlock sex with her - and that also unlocks the repeatable sex scene in Maria's room - and you can also do this during her quiet period. I can name literally dozens of these cases. Example object properties you want (far from exhaustive): {friendship:int,affection:int,(etc),nymphotrait:bool,inlove:bool,isAvailableForSex:bool,isAvailableForBJ:bool,canWander:bool,wanderlocation:string(/int depending on how you're storing locations)}. You can probably see where this goes. If Maria.isAvailableForSex was false in my example, that wouldn't happen. Seems like a lot of work up front, but saves you a lot of time trying to think shit out in the long run.
Have a function to check and return what properties on the characters are actually at fault - I remember this one friendship scene where Maria needed both affection and exhibitionism at a specific level but the message returned was only "Maria's affection is too low" or something. Actually check via function and return, don't use static errors. I'd also recommend "greying out" things like obedience on repeatable events (IE Lin/Android head pats in kitchen) once you pass the trait threshold so that people don't waste their time.
And dear god fix the store UI it is hot garbage, holy fuck.
Sequence breaks are a part of the game design. This allows the story to be seen at the players pace and allows them to focus on their favorite characters.

Every time a different character is needed for a story, the game also checks to make sure they're available. This already exists.

Being able to ignore characters for long periods of time is a part of the game design, but eventually the game does require you level all main characters up. When a character requires any type of sex in a scene, it first makes sure they've done it at least once. This already exists.

Sorry you dislike the store UI, I quite like it and think it's simple and clear enough to read and understand. Most people seem to like it so I have no incentive on changing it.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Sweet mother of Jesus...
i see the new place is being properly tested.
With only one scene with double hand helding - much too lend for a game on the zone and one oral sex?
I demand more thoroughly testing. This must be tested above safety limits to ensure that it will withstand the abuse it will seen in the future.:sneaky:

Jjay08

Nov 16, 2019
Preview from v0.13

Sequence breaks are a part of the game design. This allows the story to be seen at the players pace and allows them to focus on their favorite characters.

Every time a different character is needed for a story, the game also checks to make sure they're available. This already exists.

Being able to ignore characters for long periods of time is a part of the game design, but eventually the game does require you level all main characters up. When a character requires any type of sex in a scene, it first makes sure they've done it at least once. This already exists.

Sorry you dislike the store UI, I quite like it and think it's simple and clear enough to read and understand. Most people seem to like it so I have no incentive on changing it.
I don't get peoples obsession with UIs. Skyrim has like 10 different mods 'fixing' it. And your store ui is just fine, to me at least.

indeedsmug

Jul 11, 2020

Another problem with added more logic to avoid sequence breaks is it breaks the pacing of the the story for characters. I know that some sequences like Lin, the next event is responding to the previous one like her being upset over the previous events. If someone has to run around the game to get the progress going, it's going to feel odd that you wasted so much time before going back to Lin. It's kinda like forcing a Fallout 4 situation in terms of story.

I do think there is a some pacing issue going between characters. I.e. I ignored Ashley because I don't like her and she is wanting on me for some school thing. I come back much later and there is no problem. But it's not really something that is possible to fix or something that even bothers people.

indeedsmug

Jul 11, 2020
do you really get more out of the more expensive bar advertisements? I want to grind some cash before .13 drops. Also should I wait for bug fixs before even playing 13?
Personally I found that getting cash was so tedious that I just spawned a bunch of cash and moved on. The main appeal of game is the story and "plot". I don't think having cash helps.

I think it makes sense to have cash restrictions at the start to sell the point that the character is broke. But I think deeper in the story, cash should be a non issue. Maybe a solution could be that if you invest heavy enough into the bar, you don't have to worry about money anymore because it generates a bunch of revenue. You still have the sense of progression going from broke to something.

Right now, the bar doesn't give enough. Even if you invest in the heavy ad campaign, it doesn't really make a huge amount of cash.

I do think a problem with having a ton of cash weekly is that most of the items are one time deals. You don't have "weekly" costs. So if you bump the bar revenue, players buy everything, and then they don't have anything else to spend on.

Maybe a solution is to move unlocking items into doing side quests or events. Or maybe you just naturally unlock them by hitting certain stats with characters.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Another problem with added more logic to avoid sequence breaks is it breaks the pacing of the the story for characters. I know that some sequences like Lin, the next event is responding to the previous one like her being upset over the previous events. If someone has to run around the game to get the progress going, it's going to feel odd that you wasted so much time before going back to Lin. It's kinda like forcing a Fallout 4 situation in terms of story.

I do think there is a some pacing issue going between characters. I.e. I ignored Ashley because I don't like her and she is wanting on me for some school thing. I come back much later and there is no problem. But it's not really something that is possible to fix or something that even bothers people.
I agree that adding more logic to avoid sequence breaks would ruin the pacing. But in your example for Lin, all that would be required is you wait a day or three. You can skip time if you want, but the game is designed for you to train or experience other character's stories in between.

This is the issue with every sandbox game, or games with sandbox elements. It's what you get when you sign up for this genre. Much like how Ciri can be postponed for a good game of gwent in The Witcher 3. It doesn't make story sense, but that's a part of what makes the game fun. You can take it at your own pace.

Personally I found that getting cash was so tedious that I just spawned a bunch of cash and moved on. The main appeal of game is the story and "plot". I don't think having cash helps.

I think it makes sense to have cash restrictions at the start to sell the point that the character is broke. But I think deeper in the story, cash should be a non issue. Maybe a solution could be that if you invest heavy enough into the bar, you don't have to worry about money anymore because it generates a bunch of revenue. You still have the sense of progression going from broke to something.

Right now, the bar doesn't give enough. Even if you invest in the heavy ad campaign, it doesn't really make a huge amount of cash.

I do think a problem with having a ton of cash weekly is that most of the items are one time deals. You don't have "weekly" costs. So if you bump the bar revenue, players buy everything, and then they don't have anything else to spend on.

Maybe a solution is to move unlocking items into doing side quests or events. Or maybe you just naturally unlock them by hitting certain stats with characters.
I haven't received many complaints about the money in game, most of the feedback I've received says buying the bar and upgrading it to the max is enough. There was also a recently added sports day expansion that nets you even more money in the later game. Just to clarify, have you gone through these processes as intended? Or maybe you've waited a bit too long to buy the bar?

RandomCl

Jul 28, 2020
Help pls.
Is it possible to raise the exhibitionism with Android girl yet? I have all her stats maxed other than that one and I think I've completed all her quest line yet her exhibitionism is still at 0.
Whenever I invite her at the cafe she keeps freaking out about people seeing her face and I don't get any option to do the lewd stuff.
Thanks

indeedsmug

Jul 11, 2020
I agree that adding more logic to avoid sequence breaks would ruin the pacing. But in your example for Lin, all that would be required is you wait a day or three. You can skip time if you want, but the game is designed for you to train or experience other character's stories in between.

This is the issue with every sandbox game, or games with sandbox elements. It's what you get when you sign up for this genre. Much like how Ciri can be postponed for a good game of gwent in The Witcher 3. It doesn't make story sense, but that's a part of what makes the game fun. You can take it at your own pace.

I haven't received many complaints about the money in game, most of the feedback I've received says buying the bar and upgrading it to the max is enough. There was also a recently added sports day expansion that nets you even more money in the later game. Just to clarify, have you gone through these processes as intended? Or maybe you've waited a bit too long to buy the bar?
I think I waited a bit too long for the bar and that's the issue. I think I didn't hop on the getting the bar going with the upgrades until fairly deep into the game. Because at that point I was just exploring what was leftover and what I didn't focus on. So I didn't get the time to build up enough cash to buy everything in one shot. I think I was expecting to easily buy everything at that point as opposed to waiting around.

Besides, you get a bunch of cash for progressing through a story. Also, it's not really a problem since you can just spawn a bunch of cash and it doesn't impact the game at all. As it is right now, the role of cash is mininal and I think that's the correct choice for the game.

Reactions: splamo
4.70 star(s) 452 Votes