DeltaDuster

Oct 5, 2018
The fact of the matter is that I can't even play a pure game. There is no text from the word at all. But sometimes it shows up on some lines. That's what it is, I don't understand. If there were any problems with the fonts, there would be none at all. And so it is partially.
That is, I would understand if mods broke the game. But it’s a pure game.
Did you delete the old version and extract to a new folder? Any errors when extracting?

Deleted member 289409

Nov 12, 2017
The fact of the matter is that I can't even play a pure game. There is no text from the word at all. But sometimes it shows up on some lines. That's what it is, I don't understand. If there were any problems with the fonts, there would be none at all. And so it is partially.
This is how the exit from the master's room looks like:
Harem_Hotel 2021-07-19 20-30-34-33.jpg
That screenshot shows you have $94744 at Day 4. That's very suspicious by itself whatever you did to get that probably broke the game.

Reactions: Hisakatana

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
View attachment 1307249
This is what the lobby menu looks like. In some places there is text:
View attachment 1307250
This is how the menu for trying to exit the game looks like:
View attachment 1307251
Your download may have simply been corrupted, try redownloading it.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
View attachment 1307249
This is what the lobby menu looks like. In some places there is text:
View attachment 1307250
This is how the menu for trying to exit the game looks like:
View attachment 1307251
If you are still getting this on a fresh install (extracting it to a new folder), than you should try installing the fonts that are included in the game's folders.

LeappFrog

Oct 24, 2019
That character stopped being updated in v0.4 or something. That character was not mine, though I did design her and develop the content. Since then, the person whose character that is has stopped playing HH, a lot of her content was cut for stupid reasons I won't get into that were out of my control, then a lot of her content became buggy and I kept getting bug reports for it. All for something that isn't mine, that was made 3 years ago, and that just continued to be a thorn in my side. It doesn't even hold the same quality as the current game does now.
its absolutely nothing against you. i hear you though. this game is AWESOME to say the least. i would definetly like to see a character similar to violet in the future. Keep up the outstanding work runey!

Reactions: Runey

koloborodko

Jan 9, 2018
That screenshot shows you have $94744 at Day 4. That's very suspicious by itself whatever you did to get that probably broke the game.
This is an old save game where money was made using the console. The new game is exactly the same.
Essentially have something to say?

Your download may have simply been corrupted, try redownloading it.
If you are still getting this on a fresh install (extracting it to a new folder), than you should try installing the fonts that are included in the game's folders.
I do not find any fonts in the folder of the game I have repeatedly downloaded from this resource. Where can they be there?

p.s. Okay, now I'll check out the other downloads. Maybe nopy spoils the game folder somehow ..

Last edited:

EricGrey

Nov 11, 2020
This is an old save game where money was made using the console. The new game is exactly the same.
Try starting a fresh game and see if that makes any difference. It's a good way to tell if it's the game, or the save.

I do not find any fonts in the folder of the game I have repeatedly downloaded from this resource. Where can they be there?

p.s. Okay, now I'll check out the other downloads. Maybe nopy spoils the game folder somehow ..
Fonts should be in <Harem Hotel install folder>/game/boost on Windows.

I've attached MY Fonts folder if it is indeed missing. This is from version: Harem_Hotel-v0.12-pc

:cool: Eric Grey

Reactions: koloborodko

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018

I always use Nopy, when it's an option, but to find the fonts, search for .ttf in the main folder of the game.

koloborodko

Jan 9, 2018
I always use Nopy, when it's an option, but to find the fonts, search for .ttf in the main folder of the game.
I also always used this resource and I never had any complaints about it.
Try starting a fresh game and see if that makes any difference. It's a good way to tell if it's the game, or the save.

Fonts should be in <Harem Hotel install folder>/game/boost on Windows.

I've attached MY Fonts folder if it is indeed missing. This is from version: Harem_Hotel-v0.12-pc

:cool: Eric Grey
Thanks a lot, I'll try tomorrow.

Dringar

Nov 16, 2019

I've had a couple instances when i have downloaded a game that something borked in the download. It hasnt been limited to this game. Not sure if its the Mega/Nopy cloud system or what. It doesnt happen enough that I want to throw my laptop out a window but it happens enough that I do a lot of heavy sighing, or eye rolling, pour a glass of wine and start the whole process over again.

koloborodko

Jan 9, 2018
I also always used this resource and I never had any complaints about it.

Thanks a lot, I'll try tomorrow.
I've had a couple instances when i have downloaded a game that something borked in the download. It hasnt been limited to this game. Not sure if its the Mega/Nopy cloud system or what. It doesnt happen enough that I want to throw my laptop out a window but it happens enough that I do a lot of heavy sighing, or eye rolling, pour a glass of wine and start the whole process over again.
Here, it seems, is the same here. The text does not want to start. I did everything according to the instructions above, there is no text even in a clean new game.

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
Nice! a fresh start! and data to help out runey! I'mma hug you both, cause I've been drinking again. /hugs <3
Mind you it's going to take me at least a month in real time to get any useful data as I can't exactly play video games as much as I'd like to these days.

Sep 12, 2020
I'm not an expert of Ren'Py, but this seems to suggest that you still have some folders where persistent or game saves are stored, and they're used for your fresh install as well, possibly breaking the setup. You may want to purge them as well, before launching the game: the location varies depending on the OS, so I'm not sure where they are for you.

lf2mr

Sep 7, 2019
Here, it seems, is the same here. The text does not want to start. I did everything according to the instructions above, there is no text even in a clean new game.
Try deleting the "persistent" file from the games folder "...\game\save\" and "...\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\Harem Hotel-1520575859\". Or delete the entire folder "...\game\save\tl".

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Kali/Lucy and Emma/Felicity are going to go down in history as two of the longest slow-burns in H-gaming. Some glorious day they'll all be so corrupted that proper threesomes (not just the teaser kind we have now with Kali/Lucy) will be available on tap. And now we have Jin looking great, and the two new sisters in the college too, Ami and Kim.

Hey Runey, a suggestion-- it's obviously going to be too much pain to go back and put 'truestory' protection on Lucy and make her into a roommate/clone. We don't want truestory to actually impact story events, either..... but you could have truestory be required to view a repeatable scene on the spy cams ? Like, we peek into Kali's room and catch her having a scene with Lucy.

The content that I'd really, really like to see would be the Lin/Jin, Kali/Lucy, and Emma/Felicity all be summonable as pairs to the dungeon where the Manager would make them to fuck each other. That would be reproducible, incredibly hot, and easy to mask off with 'truestory'.
I mean, it doesn't matter how their content is implemented, truestory is going to be needed as long as they interact with each other and it will likely be a pain no matter what. The only way to avoid that would be to avoid the content itself, unfortunately. Stupid Patreon.

J_Doe

Aug 2, 2018

I had this exact same problem, it's the translation files somehow screwing with your system/game. Redownloading it won't help, what you have to do is delete the 'TL' folder from the /game directory. That fixed it right up for me.

4.70 star(s) 450 Votes